Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171615 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98720 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Now while science is a good tool we have to remember it is above everything else in this world.
1. They have there own definition for words.
2. They don't need proof.
3. They validate their own evidence.
4. and above all they can call some thing a hypothesis or theory based on the 3 points above.
Oh and they date rocks by the fossils found in them and they date fossil by the rocks their in.

Same with pottery

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98721 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the god that created the animals would have known they were different in many ways and wouldn't have divinely inspired the writers of the bible to lump them together...
guess that pretty much disproves the whole concept of divine inspiration...again....
Again your mistake is not remembering man wrote the bible. Now yes many say inspired by God but not once have I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you?

Level 5

#98722 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell them I can only eat an animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud.
Oh who am I kidding. I tell them give me a pizza with bacon and whatever critters are tossed into the pepperoni grinder.
Now define critters. What is critters when it comes to a science debate? I want a working definition of critters.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98723 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your mistake is not remembering man wrote the bible. Now yes many say inspired by God but not once have I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you?
yes, in fact i have. if the bible is supposedly the word of some god, it had to be divinely inspired. it was not, clearly.

the bible is the word of man and the god created within its pages is a creation of the men who wrote the bible and their societies.

proven fact.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98724 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Now define critters. What is critters when it comes to a science debate? I want a working definition of critters.
crit穞er
&#712;krit&#601;r
noun
informaldialect
noun: critter;&#8195;plural noun: critters

a living creature; an animal; eatin vittles that walks around.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98725 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell them I can only eat an animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud.
Oh who am I kidding. I tell them give me a pizza with bacon and whatever critters are tossed into the pepperoni grinder.
"pepperoni grinder"???? You are not employed are you?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98726 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact i have. if the bible is supposedly the word of some god, it had to be divinely inspired. it was not, clearly.
the bible is the word of man and the god created within its pages is a creation of the men who wrote the bible and their societies.
proven fact.
Sure, snack shack!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98727 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
crit穞er
&#712;krit&#601;r
noun
informaldialect
Then what would you call dead critters?

St. Croix valley

#98728 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, snack shack!
are you saying you believe the bible to be the directly inspired word of some god? you have all the hurdles previously pointed out to to overcome in your proof...have at it...

Level 5

#98729 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact i have. if the bible is supposedly the word of some god, it had to be divinely inspired. it was not, clearly.
proven fact.
I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you? Since you say you have share it with us.

Now divinely inspired has many definitions but not one of them say it is word for word, was narrated or taken from notes;

a. Having the nature of or being a deity.
b. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation.
c. Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred.

2. Superhuman; godlike.

a. Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto.
b. Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball.

4. Heavenly; perfect.

n.
1. A cleric.

2. A theologian.

v.tr.
1. To foretell through or as if through the art of divination. See Synonyms at foretell.

a. To know by inspiration, intuition, or reflection.
b. To guess.

v.intr.
1. To practice divination.

2. To guess.

Level 5

#98730 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
crit穞er
&#712;krit&#601;r
noun
informaldialect
Why helll you can't even copy and paste well but you want people to take what you say into consideration.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#98731 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Made no, do you know what ignorance is? Not the same as calling stupid.
ig路no路rant\藞ig-n(蓹-)r蓹nt\
adjective
1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2 : unaware, uninformed
ig路no路rant路ly adverb
I know you are an example of ignorance of science and the Bible. General ignorance is also indicated.

St. Croix valley

#98732 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you? Since you say you have share it with us.
Now divinely inspired has many definitions but not one of them say it is word for word, was narrated or taken from notes;
a. Having the nature of or being a deity.
b. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation.
c. Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred.
2. Superhuman; godlike.
a. Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto.
b. Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball.
4. Heavenly; perfect.
n.
1. A cleric.
2. A theologian.
v.tr.
1. To foretell through or as if through the art of divination. See Synonyms at foretell.
a. To know by inspiration, intuition, or reflection.
b. To guess.
v.intr.
1. To practice divination.
2. To guess.
so the bible is maybe, in some sort of way, partially the word of some god we wouldn't even know, since it is the bible that explains the nature of this bible to humans...

don't you see any logical problems with this cult set-up? any rational person would.

Level 9

#98733 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what would you call dead critters?
Yuck, or lunch.

Level 9

#98734 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Made no, do you know what ignorance is? Not the same as calling stupid.
ig路no路rant\藞ig-n(蓹-)r蓹nt\
adjective
1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2 : unaware, uninformed
ig路no路rant路ly adverb
I would say you have both bases covered.

Level 5

#98735 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying you believe the bible to be the directly inspired word of some god? you have all the hurdles previously pointed out to to overcome in your proof...have at it...
Fact is you believe it is directly inspired word of some God? That is why you try to refute it all the time.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98736 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying you believe the bible to be the directly inspired word of some god? you have all the hurdles previously pointed out to to overcome in your proof...have at it...
I said you are ignorant and have no clue what you think you know.

Does that clear it up for you, pumpkin patch?

Level 5

#98737 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so the bible is maybe, in some sort of way, partially the word of some god we wouldn't even know, since it is the bible that explains the nature of this bible to humans...
don't you see any logical problems with this cult set-up? any rational person would.
Again you are avoiding the point. God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. Now I may be wrong but wasn't Moses the only one that directly talked to God and the only one to see the burning bush while he talked to him?

St. Croix valley

#98738 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are avoiding the point. God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. Now I may be wrong but wasn't Moses the only one that directly talked to God and the only one to see the burning bush while he talked to him?
good point. lets talk about the "And God said unto Moses" part of the bible...

your supposed god told Moses directly that owning slaves is an OK thing to do. you support a god that says slavery is OK? does this really seem like the words of a creator of all mankind that would enslave some of his creations?

logic is fun, when used dissecting the bible!...

again, you are clearly stating that the bible is the work of man, and the god you think you know is created by those men...

cults are a riot, aren't they?(maybe not for those inducted into them, like you, but for us rational people they are an endless source of amusement...

St. Croix valley

#98739 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you are ignorant and have no clue what you think you know.
Does that clear it up for you, pumpkin patch?
no, because i give clear, verifiable facts and you give absolutely nothing to the discussion. does that clear up your standing in this discussion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min karl44 20,513
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 16 min Paul Porter1 224
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? 26 min Paul Porter1 30
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Paul Porter1 142,488
Darwin, Marx, and Freud 1 hr Paul Porter1 6
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 21 hr Zog Has-fallen 4
Terms need to be defined better Mon MikeF 7
More from around the web