Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,201 - 93,220 of 115,406 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#98653 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are getting off target here. there is no need to argue the small crap....I'm saying your God does not exist, and the proof is the Bible is full of proven lies and mistakes."
This of course is incorrect.
What is your evidence? Other than random, ancient and unsubstantiated references to nails in coal mines and bigfoot, I mean.

For instance the two different versions of creation in Genesis 1 and 2. These are known and discussed by biblical scholars. Do you even recognize their existence or understand the implications? This is just one of many inconsistencies that others have posted previously.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98654 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying it doesn't take one to know one.
That's right.

I don't have to be an idiot to see that you are an idiot.

Very good. This was your first correct post here. Congratulations.

Perhaps even you can learn.

Level 9

Threats pending

#98655 Aug 25, 2013
ALaughterClub wrote:
Here are my thoughts about 'the theory of evolution': 1) It's a theory, and therefore, should not be taught in schools as if it is a fact - let's teach just the facts in our schools, and 2)'the theory of evolution' cannot account for the fact that fully-evolved species simply appear out of nowhere, as if they were just all-of-a-sudden created, with no fossil records showing them 'evolving over time.' Even in the present, we continue to discover new species of life that we didn't know about previously - something that we don't understand is happening here - new species continue to appear out of nowhere, as if they had just been created and introduced into the world - we can't explain how this is happening.
Are you saying that species don't exist until we find them? You seem to be combining the meaning of discovery and existence into one concept.

When you get something new, do you believe it didn't exist until you got it?

The theory of evolution explains where these "newly" discovered species come from. They are not appearing out of nowhere.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98656 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are getting off target here. there is no need to argue the small crap....I'm saying your God does not exist, and the proof is the Bible is full of proven lies and mistakes."
No, the Bible has been shown to be error filled.

It has over four hundred, that is right count them over 400 self contradictions.

It is filled with bad science. Sheep mating in front of sticks will have striped young. Doves blood can cure leprosy. And of course the debunked myths of Genesis.

It has bad history, there was no Exodus. An event of that "Biblical proportion" would have left evidence. There is none.

It is filled with bad morals. If you had a single daughter and a man raped her would it be okay with you if he paid you $500.00 and married your daughter? Would it be okay with your daughter? Sorry, no complaining allowed, the Bible says that will absolve him.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#98657 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cambrian explosion is missing billions and billions of transition fossils.
Why?
No, its not.

And the "explosion" you refer to took over 70 million years including the preceding Ediacaran.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98658 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that species don't exist until we find them? You seem to be combining the meaning of discovery and existence into one concept.
I think they are saying that new species are being created all the time. The Bible is apparently wrong when it said God was done in six days.

Level 9

Threats pending

#98659 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are saying that new species are being created all the time. The Bible is apparently wrong when it said God was done in six days.
Excellent point. Another possibility I hadn't considered, but it was hard to follow the logic of the original post.

Level 9

Threats pending

#98660 Aug 25, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its not.
And the "explosion" you refer to took over 70 million years including the preceding Ediacaran.
Darn those pesky biologists, paleontologists and geologists and their continual search for evidence.

Level 2

Location hidden

#98661 Aug 25, 2013
So bacteria are a "kind"?

How is it possible when the Bible doesn't mention bacteria at all?

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98662 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is part of the universe so no it does not take time for God to do anything, he also knows the beginning just as he knows the end. It all there for him to see.
It's impossible for you to know anything about your god's universe so no you can't claim he doesn't need time.

Why wouldn't time be part of God's universe as well?
God's actions still needs a start and an end which means he needs time.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
"creator.
If the creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?"
Because God always existed. The universe had a beginning 13.7 billion years ago.
It makes no more sense to say God always exists than to say an eternal universe outside of ours exists.
It also makes no more sense for a God/universe to have eternally existed than for one to just pop into existence.
A God just existing without explanation makes no sense.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Time had a starting point.
Nothing can exist with out time
Nothing can happen with out time.
For time to pop into existence requires Time. "Paradox"
If nothing can happen without time then your God can't do anything without time.

How the universe began is still a mystery but invoking a preexisting God is hardly a solution as you just have another mystery and yes God does need to be explained.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98663 Aug 25, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
It's impossible for you to know anything about your god's universe so no you can't claim he doesn't need time.
<quoted text>
It makes no more sense to say God always exists than to say an eternal universe outside of ours exists.
It also makes no more sense for a God/universe to have eternally existed than for one to just pop into existence.
<quoted text>
If nothing can happen without time then your God can't do anything without time.
How the universe began is still a mystery but invoking a preexisting God is hardly a solution as you just have another mystery and yes God does need to be explained.
His god has a "get out of explanation free card" and...
He was awarded the Russell's tea pot award.
But when all else fails, his irrefutable logic is based on...
Why?..... Because he said so.
With his mentality, it's a wonder man ever made it past 19th century technology.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#98664 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God is outside of the universe and created Time it may be hard for you to grasp that he always existed and will always exist.
god couldnt create time,

god Definitions:
God is defined as The Conscious First Cause -
The First Cause is That which caused Time
Consciousness is that which lets one make a decision.
A Decision is the action of changing ones mind from undecided to decided.
Time is the measure of change.

Conclusions:
Time is required for Change,
A Decision is a Change.
Decisions require Time.
Consciousness can't let one make a decision without Time.
Consciousness requires Time.
God is Conscious.
God requires Time.
God can't be the cause of Time if God requires Time.
God isn't the cause of Time.
God isn't The First Cause.

you FAIL again kristain!

Level 2

Location hidden

#98665 Aug 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
With his mentality, it's a wonder man ever made it past 19th century technology.
Evangelicals should not be allowed to use the technologies that the scientists created. They should live like the Amish.
drinK the hiVe

New York, NY

#98666 Aug 25, 2013
Why Do U Gotta Bring Jew' Pedophiles - And Vodka Into This ChickenShit Forum?...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MmRN4or26HQ/T6tdDDJ...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#98667 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelicals should not be allowed to use the technologies that the scientists created. They should live like the Amish.
This has to be one of the dumbest things I have read! Would that be bigotry? raciest? control? trying to hold people back because of what they believe? Keeping people that believe differently down? communism? discrimination? all of them?

So basically you are saying if people agree with what they say their reward will be technology but if people don't agree with what they say then they should be denied technology.

Reminds me of a creationist saying that live by God's word and go to heaven but if you don't live by it you will go to hell.

That would be like St Mary's Hospital screening patients and saying "Oh! I see here you don't believe in God. For that we cannot treat you so you must go elsewhere and seek help.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98668 Aug 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>That's right.

I don't have to be an idiot to see that you are an idiot.

Very good. This was your first correct post here. Congratulations.

Perhaps even you can learn.
So I can then Know that atheist do in fact know God but don't want to abide by his law so they pretend he's not real.

Level 1

Location hidden

#98669 Aug 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, the Bible has been shown to be error filled.

It has over four hundred, that is right count them over 400 self contradictions.

It is filled with bad science. Sheep mating in front of sticks will have striped young. Doves blood can cure leprosy. And of course the debunked myths of Genesis.

It has bad history, there was no Exodus. An event of that "Biblical proportion" would have left evidence. There is none.

It is filled with bad morals. If you had a single daughter and a man raped her would it be okay with you if he paid you $500.00 and married your daughter? Would it be okay with your daughter? Sorry, no complaining allowed, the Bible says that will absolve him.
"No, the Bible has been shown to be error filled."

"It has bad history, there was no Exodus"

Lack of evidence is not proof. You should know this.

" If you had a single daughter and a man raped her would it be okay with you if he paid you $500.00 and married your daughter?"

Different laws for a different times. What this hasn't occurred to you? Really?

Wow talk about blinders.

Level 1

Location hidden

#98670 Aug 25, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, its not.

It millions of new life forms popping into existence with out any fossil clues as to where they came from.

Level 1

Location hidden

#98671 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
So bacteria are a "kind"?

How is it possible when the Bible doesn't mention bacteria at all?
You then must believe that the bible list every kind of life?

Level 1

Location hidden

#98672 Aug 25, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>It's impossible for you to know anything about your god's universe so no you can't claim he doesn't need time.

The Almighty Tzar wrote, "
"creator.
If the creator doesn't need a creator then why should the universe?"
Because God always existed. The universe had a beginning 13.7 billion years ago.
"

The Almighty Tzar wrote, "
Time had a starting point.
Nothing can exist with out time
Nothing can happen with out time.
For time to pop into existence requires Time. "Paradox"
"

"It's impossible for you to know anything about your god's universe so no you can't claim he doesn't need time."

Why? There is only one universe our God does not exists in it.
I can look around touch, smell, and hear all kinds of thing in the universe.

God works outside of time and all the law of physics that he created.

Sad that you can't figure that out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 55 min Aura Mytha 172,691
Microevolution -True. Macroevolution -The Lie. (Nov '13) 1 hr The Dude 599
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr TurkanaBoy 136,447
Science News (Sep '13) 6 hr Ricky F 2,851
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 11 hr Chimney1 346
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 11 hr MikeF 350
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 20 hr DanFromSmithville 224
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••