Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218743 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98712 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwwm look at you getting all mad. You gonna start taking one of HUGE Topix dumps now?
Made no, do you know what ignorance is? Not the same as calling stupid.

ig·no·rant\ˈig-n(ə-)rənt\
adjective
1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2 : unaware, uninformed
ig·no·rant·ly adverb

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98713 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"In fact, kinds seems to be a very flexible term when used by fundamentalists. I can't say about science, I don't see it used there"
There are over 14 definitions of species
Now while science is a good tool we have to remember it is above everything else in this world.
1. They have there own definition for words.
2. They don't need proof.
3. They validate their own evidence.
4. and above all they can call some thing a hypothesis or theory based on the 3 points above.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98714 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God and change. Evolution is merely change over time. I don't think when God created life he meant for it to stay the same forever, which is where evolution/change comes in. Everything changes overtime. Earth, the universe, the magnetic poles, life, the rotation of earth, the stars, i.e. everything. Just off the top of my head I can't think of one thing man has made or created that hasn't changed in someway over time.
I will leave the TV watching up to you.
including all the gods and goddesses they created...they keep changing. wonder what the dieu du jour will be tomorrow?

St. Croix valley

#98715 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wasting your breath. Of course Linnean classification was not available in that time. They can't comprehend that or the language of back when the bible was written. The way they see it is that if we know all this now, then they should have known it back then as well. So when they read things that were 1000's of years ago they get confused because they can't comprehend it because they can only think in the way of what they have learned or know in the present.
They probably get confused about Shakespeare too because he said "where for out thou Romeo" instead of saying "where are you Romeo".
but the god that created the animals would have known they were different in many ways and wouldn't have divinely inspired the writers of the bible to lump them together...

guess that pretty much disproves the whole concept of divine inspiration...again....
Level 1

Location hidden

#98716 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>You are wasting your breath. Of course Linnean classification was not available in that time. They can't comprehend that or the language of back when the bible was written. The way they see it is that if we know all this now, then they should have known it back then as well. So when they read things that were 1000's of years ago they get confused because they can't comprehend it because they can only think in the way of what they have learned or know in the present.

They probably get confused about Shakespeare too because he said "where for out thou Romeo" instead of saying "where are you Romeo".
They love living in their world of ignorance. The simplest things keep tripping them up.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98717 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Just curious. When you go out to eat at a restaurant do you ask them what different kinds of meat do they have or do you ask them what different species do they have?
I tell them I can only eat an animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud.

Oh who am I kidding. I tell them give me a pizza with bacon and whatever critters are tossed into the pepperoni grinder.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98718 Aug 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Context is everything.
When in a scientific discussion definable terms must be used.
Okay, then let's have a scientific discussion, define 'information'.

Level 2

Location hidden

#98719 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you're going to be shooting off your mouth you should have an idea of what you're so confessed about.
I thought I was just asking you an honest question.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98720 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Now while science is a good tool we have to remember it is above everything else in this world.
1. They have there own definition for words.
2. They don't need proof.
3. They validate their own evidence.
4. and above all they can call some thing a hypothesis or theory based on the 3 points above.
Oh and they date rocks by the fossils found in them and they date fossil by the rocks their in.

Same with pottery

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98721 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the god that created the animals would have known they were different in many ways and wouldn't have divinely inspired the writers of the bible to lump them together...
guess that pretty much disproves the whole concept of divine inspiration...again....
Again your mistake is not remembering man wrote the bible. Now yes many say inspired by God but not once have I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98722 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell them I can only eat an animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud.
Oh who am I kidding. I tell them give me a pizza with bacon and whatever critters are tossed into the pepperoni grinder.
Now define critters. What is critters when it comes to a science debate? I want a working definition of critters.

St. Croix valley

#98723 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your mistake is not remembering man wrote the bible. Now yes many say inspired by God but not once have I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you?
yes, in fact i have. if the bible is supposedly the word of some god, it had to be divinely inspired. it was not, clearly.

the bible is the word of man and the god created within its pages is a creation of the men who wrote the bible and their societies.

proven fact.

Level 2

Location hidden

#98724 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Now define critters. What is critters when it comes to a science debate? I want a working definition of critters.
crit·ter
&#712;krit&#601;r
noun
informaldialect
noun: critter;&#8195;plural noun: critters

a living creature; an animal; eatin vittles that walks around.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98725 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
"pepperoni grinder"???? You are not employed are you?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98726 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact i have. if the bible is supposedly the word of some god, it had to be divinely inspired. it was not, clearly.
the bible is the word of man and the god created within its pages is a creation of the men who wrote the bible and their societies.
proven fact.
Sure, snack shack!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98727 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
crit·ter
&#712;krit&#601;r
noun
informaldialect
Then what would you call dead critters?

St. Croix valley

#98728 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, snack shack!
are you saying you believe the bible to be the directly inspired word of some god? you have all the hurdles previously pointed out to to overcome in your proof...have at it...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98729 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact i have. if the bible is supposedly the word of some god, it had to be divinely inspired. it was not, clearly.
proven fact.
I ever seen that God narrated to them what to write or told them to set down and take notes and when we are done, take all your notes, put them in a book and call it the Bible. Have you? Since you say you have share it with us.

Now divinely inspired has many definitions but not one of them say it is word for word, was narrated or taken from notes;

a. Having the nature of or being a deity.
b. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation.
c. Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred.

2. Superhuman; godlike.

a. Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto.
b. Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball.

4. Heavenly; perfect.

n.
1. A cleric.

2. A theologian.

v.tr.
1. To foretell through or as if through the art of divination. See Synonyms at foretell.

a. To know by inspiration, intuition, or reflection.
b. To guess.

v.intr.
1. To practice divination.

2. To guess.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98730 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
crit·ter
&#712;krit&#601;r
noun
informaldialect
Why helll you can't even copy and paste well but you want people to take what you say into consideration.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#98731 Aug 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Made no, do you know what ignorance is? Not the same as calling stupid.
ig·no·rant\ˈig-n(ə-)rənt\
adjective
1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2 : unaware, uninformed
ig·no·rant·ly adverb
I know you are an example of ignorance of science and the Bible. General ignorance is also indicated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 4 min Regolith Based Li... 96
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 9 min marksman11 157,428
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min 15th Dalai Lama 51,560
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Joe Momma 24,676
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 hr ChromiuMan 1,124
The Fossil Record Does Not Support The Theory O... 20 hr MADRONE 47
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... Tue Dogen 460
More from around the web