Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,081 - 93,100 of 112,833 Comments Last updated 46 min ago

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to say since at times there was more than one species of hominids in existence.
Without actual DNA from the various species it is very difficult to reconstruct the exact line of our descent.
But I will try. Probably Homo heidlebergenis, Home erectus, Homo habilis, and Australopithecs garhi.
Now I could have easily missed a step or two. This is not a definitive answer.
Source:
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evo...
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?
Now you are playing the God of the gaps game.

It is a dishonest way of debating.

But I will treat you as if you are not being an asshat right now.

No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.
Of the transitional fossils they have. What are they between and how many years had passed between them?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and I am not playing a God of gaps game. I am asking to see what is out there in the evidence.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the transitional fossils they have. What are they between and how many years had passed between them?
Check the links. Do your own homework for once.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the links. Do your own homework for once.
But I thought the rules here were if you don't know we will teach/show you?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am doing is learning how to play the game. I read and watch a lot both to learn. I believe no one is above learning. By coming here and reading while not speaking I learn the game. Now if one comes here with a claim then he is confronted to show evidence of his claim. But if one comes here with questions he puts the burden of showing evidence on the one/ones that answer the question.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to that is, even these species types are so overlapping thatin many cases paleontologists argue about whether a specimen is really one or the other. So there are no transitionals because there are really no gaps!

If you ignore the species definitions ans simply look at the specimen progression, there is a continuum from early autralopith to modern man.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Enough of the bible is disproven to cast a bad light on the whole of it.

The stuff that we can PROVE is wrong in the Bible is, to me, conclusive evidence of it all being a book of myths.

All the supernatural stuff going on in Genesis and Exodus is total provable myth. It fooled the early converts, and it continues to make suckers of people today
None of the Bible has been proven wrong!

Lets see your proof.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>This has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle.

Science has totally disproven your version of the beginning of our world/universe. It has disproven your version of the beginnings of humanity (Adam/Eve), it has disproven your 'Flood', it has disproven your idea of how the different languages came about, it has also completely disproven the Hebrew diaspora out of Egypt.

These are important foundational myths of the Jewish and Christian people. They are attempts to establish the Judeo-Christian God as real and the supreme and only God of this planet and universe.

When the stories are proven to be myths (and they are); where does this leave the Judeo-Christian religion?
"I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle."

You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.

The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.
Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.

I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is
God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the Bible has been proven wrong!
Lets see your proof.
You mean evidence, don't you?

What do you want? Self contradictions? Here are over 400 of them:

http://www.bibviz.com/

Failed prophesies? Here is a twofer:

http://etb-biblical-errancy.blogspot.com/2012...

And let's not forget the scientifically proven failures of Genesis.

And the archaeologically proven failure of Exodus.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle."
You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.
The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.
Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.
I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is
God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?
No matter how many times you repeat that lie it will not be true.

The Bible is simply a book of myth. That is all. It claims the Earth is flat. It claims you can affect the coloration of calves by showing the mother striped sticks!

Seriously, get a clue.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Oops, make that sheep. Genesis 30 37-39:

"37 Then Jacob took fresh sticks of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the sticks. 38 He set the sticks that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink, 39 the flocks bred in front of the sticks and so the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted."

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>The answer to that is, even these species types are so overlapping thatin many cases paleontologists argue about whether a specimen is really one or the other. So there are no transitionals because there are really no gaps!

If you ignore the species definitions ans simply look at the specimen progression, there is a continuum from early autralopith to modern man.
So if a fossil over laps another fossil there are no missing transitionals?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Most of it has. How about since it is your cult religion you prove your buybulls lies......AND START........listening......wa iting.....
Buybull the great book on evolution!

B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
Y - yelled from the roof tops
B - beseeching all to listen to an
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tater wrote:
<quoted text>
B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie
And much like Urb whenever he is shown to be wrong he goes back to this nonsense.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You mean evidence, don't you?

What do you want? Self contradictions? Here are over 400 of them:

http://www.bibviz.com/

Failed prophesies? Here is a twofer:

http://etb-biblical-errancy.blogspot.com/2012...

And let's not forget the scientifically proven failures of Genesis.

And the archaeologically proven failure of Exodus.
None there, do you have any real facts?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No matter how many times you repeat that lie it will not be true.

The Bible is simply a book of myth. That is all. It claims the Earth is flat. It claims you can affect the coloration of calves by showing the mother striped sticks!

Seriously, get a clue.
So your stupid then?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
BUYBULL means your cults handbook the bible IDIOT..........

NOW PROVE YOUR GOD AND BIBLE IS RIGHT......Once and for all shut us educated sane people up and prove your cults bs.....COME ON SHOW US....

Yea right..........

B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And much like Urb whenever he is shown to be wrong he goes back to this nonsense.
I will post this every time some one call the Bible the BUYBULL.
A sharper person say one with an iq above 70 would have figured that out by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••