Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98460 Aug 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Got tired of waiting.:-)
Tell you what, if you can prove time was not created then I let you rest in peace.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98461 Aug 23, 2013
Time is so odd when you think of it.
Our Sun is aging so slowly compared to Pluto and just keeps right on going and some how nothing gets out of whack with all different speeds of time just in our solar system alone.
Rather strange thing this Time is.

How fast do you think time can get?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#98462 Aug 23, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, if you can prove time was not created then I let you rest in peace.
This has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle.

Science has totally disproven your version of the beginning of our world/universe. It has disproven your version of the beginnings of humanity (Adam/Eve), it has disproven your 'Flood', it has disproven your idea of how the different languages came about, it has also completely disproven the Hebrew diaspora out of Egypt.

These are important foundational myths of the Jewish and Christian people. They are attempts to establish the Judeo-Christian God as real and the supreme and only God of this planet and universe.

When the stories are proven to be myths (and they are); where does this leave the Judeo-Christian religion?

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#98463 Aug 23, 2013
What are the last four starting at humans going back that are in the evolution line?

Level 5

#98465 Aug 23, 2013
Still waiting on an answer to my last post and yes there will be more questions that follow.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98466 Aug 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Still waiting on an answer to my last post and yes there will be more questions that follow.
I would give it a shot but your question is rather unclear.

Level 5

#98467 Aug 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I would give it a shot but your question is rather unclear.
Starting from us, going backwards. What are the next four species/forms that came before us?
BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

#98468 Aug 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
What are the last four starting at humans going back that are in the evolution line?
Try restating your question, and maybe someone might be able to answer it.

Just sayin...

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#98469 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Go to one of many sources:

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/dating

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evolution-...

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/behavior

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98470 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting from us, going backwards. What are the next four species/forms that came before us?
It is hard to say since at times there was more than one species of hominids in existence.

Without actual DNA from the various species it is very difficult to reconstruct the exact line of our descent.

But I will try. Probably Homo heidlebergenis, Home erectus, Homo habilis, and Australopithecs garhi.

Now I could have easily missed a step or two. This is not a definitive answer.

Source:

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evo...

Level 5

#98471 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
I am asking for an answer. If I wanted to look it up and research it I would not have asked. I mean this is an evolution forum/thread so the answers should be easily told. Not being an @ss, just too tired to look for the answer so I asked.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#98472 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking for an answer. If I wanted to look it up and research it I would not have asked. I mean this is an evolution forum/thread so the answers should be easily told. Not being an @ss, just too tired to look for the answer so I asked.
Then see SZ above you.

Level 5

#98473 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to say since at times there was more than one species of hominids in existence.
Without actual DNA from the various species it is very difficult to reconstruct the exact line of our descent.
But I will try. Probably Homo heidlebergenis, Home erectus, Homo habilis, and Australopithecs garhi.
Now I could have easily missed a step or two. This is not a definitive answer.
Source:
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evo...
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98474 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?
Now you are playing the God of the gaps game.

It is a dishonest way of debating.

But I will treat you as if you are not being an asshat right now.

No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.

Level 5

#98475 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.
Of the transitional fossils they have. What are they between and how many years had passed between them?

Level 5

#98476 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and I am not playing a God of gaps game. I am asking to see what is out there in the evidence.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98477 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the transitional fossils they have. What are they between and how many years had passed between them?
Check the links. Do your own homework for once.

Level 5

#98478 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the links. Do your own homework for once.
But I thought the rules here were if you don't know we will teach/show you?

Level 5

#98479 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am doing is learning how to play the game. I read and watch a lot both to learn. I believe no one is above learning. By coming here and reading while not speaking I learn the game. Now if one comes here with a claim then he is confronted to show evidence of his claim. But if one comes here with questions he puts the burden of showing evidence on the one/ones that answer the question.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#98480 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to that is, even these species types are so overlapping thatin many cases paleontologists argue about whether a specimen is really one or the other. So there are no transitionals because there are really no gaps!

If you ignore the species definitions ans simply look at the specimen progression, there is a continuum from early autralopith to modern man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 2 hr Ooogah Boogah 13,631
Science News (Sep '13) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,948
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 15 hr Dogen 718
How would creationists explain... 23 hr Chimney1 439
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) Fri DanFromSmithville 507
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web