Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171930 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98466 Aug 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Still waiting on an answer to my last post and yes there will be more questions that follow.
I would give it a shot but your question is rather unclear.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98467 Aug 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I would give it a shot but your question is rather unclear.
Starting from us, going backwards. What are the next four species/forms that came before us?
BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

#98468 Aug 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
What are the last four starting at humans going back that are in the evolution line?
Try restating your question, and maybe someone might be able to answer it.

Just sayin...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#98469 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
What are the last four starting at humans going back that are in the evolution line?
Go to one of many sources:

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/dating

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evolution-...

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/behavior

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98470 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting from us, going backwards. What are the next four species/forms that came before us?
It is hard to say since at times there was more than one species of hominids in existence.

Without actual DNA from the various species it is very difficult to reconstruct the exact line of our descent.

But I will try. Probably Homo heidlebergenis, Home erectus, Homo habilis, and Australopithecs garhi.

Now I could have easily missed a step or two. This is not a definitive answer.

Source:

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evo...

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98471 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
I am asking for an answer. If I wanted to look it up and research it I would not have asked. I mean this is an evolution forum/thread so the answers should be easily told. Not being an @ss, just too tired to look for the answer so I asked.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#98472 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking for an answer. If I wanted to look it up and research it I would not have asked. I mean this is an evolution forum/thread so the answers should be easily told. Not being an @ss, just too tired to look for the answer so I asked.
Then see SZ above you.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98473 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to say since at times there was more than one species of hominids in existence.
Without actual DNA from the various species it is very difficult to reconstruct the exact line of our descent.
But I will try. Probably Homo heidlebergenis, Home erectus, Homo habilis, and Australopithecs garhi.
Now I could have easily missed a step or two. This is not a definitive answer.
Source:
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evo...
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98474 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?
Now you are playing the God of the gaps game.

It is a dishonest way of debating.

But I will treat you as if you are not being an asshat right now.

No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98475 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are playing the God of the gaps game.
It is a dishonest way of debating.
But I will treat you as if you are not being an asshat right now.
No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.
Of the transitional fossils they have. What are they between and how many years had passed between them?

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98476 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are playing the God of the gaps game.
It is a dishonest way of debating.
But I will treat you as if you are not being an asshat right now.
No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.
Oh and I am not playing a God of gaps game. I am asking to see what is out there in the evidence.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98477 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the transitional fossils they have. What are they between and how many years had passed between them?
Check the links. Do your own homework for once.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98478 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the links. Do your own homework for once.
But I thought the rules here were if you don't know we will teach/show you?

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98479 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are playing the God of the gaps game.
It is a dishonest way of debating.
But I will treat you as if you are not being an asshat right now.
No, not at the current time. The differences are getting so small that there really is no need of further transitional fossils. When you have a series of fossils the way we do now it is obvious that they all are transitional from one to another.
What I am doing is learning how to play the game. I read and watch a lot both to learn. I believe no one is above learning. By coming here and reading while not speaking I learn the game. Now if one comes here with a claim then he is confronted to show evidence of his claim. But if one comes here with questions he puts the burden of showing evidence on the one/ones that answer the question.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#98480 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok thanks for the answer and now for the next question. Are ther any transitional fossils between Homo habilis and Australopithecs garhi? Any transitional fossils between Home erectus and Homo habilis? Any transitional fossils between Homo heidlebergenis and Home erectus?
The answer to that is, even these species types are so overlapping thatin many cases paleontologists argue about whether a specimen is really one or the other. So there are no transitionals because there are really no gaps!

If you ignore the species definitions ans simply look at the specimen progression, there is a continuum from early autralopith to modern man.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98481 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Enough of the bible is disproven to cast a bad light on the whole of it.

The stuff that we can PROVE is wrong in the Bible is, to me, conclusive evidence of it all being a book of myths.

All the supernatural stuff going on in Genesis and Exodus is total provable myth. It fooled the early converts, and it continues to make suckers of people today
None of the Bible has been proven wrong!

Lets see your proof.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98482 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>This has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle.

Science has totally disproven your version of the beginning of our world/universe. It has disproven your version of the beginnings of humanity (Adam/Eve), it has disproven your 'Flood', it has disproven your idea of how the different languages came about, it has also completely disproven the Hebrew diaspora out of Egypt.

These are important foundational myths of the Jewish and Christian people. They are attempts to establish the Judeo-Christian God as real and the supreme and only God of this planet and universe.

When the stories are proven to be myths (and they are); where does this leave the Judeo-Christian religion?
"I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle."

You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.

The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.
Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.

I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is
God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98484 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the Bible has been proven wrong!
Lets see your proof.
You mean evidence, don't you?

What do you want? Self contradictions? Here are over 400 of them:

http://www.bibviz.com/

Failed prophesies? Here is a twofer:

http://etb-biblical-errancy.blogspot.com/2012...

And let's not forget the scientifically proven failures of Genesis.

And the archaeologically proven failure of Exodus.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98485 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle."
You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.
The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.
Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.
I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is
God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?
No matter how many times you repeat that lie it will not be true.

The Bible is simply a book of myth. That is all. It claims the Earth is flat. It claims you can affect the coloration of calves by showing the mother striped sticks!

Seriously, get a clue.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98486 Aug 24, 2013
Oops, make that sheep. Genesis 30 37-39:

"37 Then Jacob took fresh sticks of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the sticks. 38 He set the sticks that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink, 39 the flocks bred in front of the sticks and so the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 13 min Big Al 273
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr kenedy 142,649
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr karl44 20,628
Dr. David Berlinski corrects himself on whale e... 3 hr Chimney1 50
News Bobby Jindal: I'm fine with teaching creationis... (Apr '13) 17 hr Chimney1 248
evolution is correct. prove me wrong Fri Paul Porter1 9
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... Fri Paul Porter1 36
More from around the web