Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,648)

Showing posts 92,941 - 92,960 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So a night of sleep did not clear the cobwebs from your head.
Too bad.
I never had cobwebs in my head. But ole paranoids last comment should clear the cobwebs out of yours.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, even you ain't that dim. You're just highly obnoxious.
Lol. I try to be sometimes :-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I never had cobwebs in my head. But ole paranoids last comment should clear the cobwebs out of yours.
Yes you did, go back and look at the posts being discussed. If you don't see your mistake you either had cobwebs in your head, or horror or horrors for you, Dan Was Right!

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did, go back and look at the posts being discussed. If you don't see your mistake you either had cobwebs in your head, or horror or horrors for you, Dan Was Right!
And you say you can read context? lol. It is obvious ole paranoid thought bohart was me and then I comment on him being paranoid and he comments back to you "Is it paranoia, when it is true?"

I thought you were smarter. On that thought "I was wrong"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
Wait you were a worm before you were a rat, abiogenesis is an unproven theory that violates known scientific law
Actually it doesn't violate anything except your religious sensibilities. But hey, don't let your lack of understanding of scientific terminology get in the way of anything, eh?
bohart wrote:
yet you believe it.
Belief is unnecessary, the fossil record demonstrates it.
bohart wrote:
Evolution is a 19th century theory that died with the advent of DNA and information theory. That's the difference you pus filled ball sack
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

Wait, you were serious?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
" We were never worms , but we had a worm like ancestor"? did you really type this ? Did you attend the Bill Clinton class on evasions and lying. DNA is a code, a language, an information storage mechanism, there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
Actually it's not coded information, it's a bunch of chemicals. If you refer to the code ACGT, they are simply acronyms for the chemicals it's made of - adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine. In short, the "code" you refer to was invented by humans in order to help us describe DNA.

If you're not talking about that code then perhaps you could explain exactly what other code you were referring to and what it is.
bohart wrote:
As for life creating itself, you have all of humanities acquired scientific knowledge that says it can't happen.
That's the evidence against your myth.
Except what you stated was utterly wrong. Life is created every day via natural chemical processes. You claim what happens now couldn't have happened in the past. Yet you provide zero evidence. Geology demonstrates an Earth without life, then with life. Ergo, no matter how you cut it, life came from non-life.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
Hey I have a question for everyone to ponder. I know the answer and it is not a supernatural one.
How did all the fish get into the lakes?
The same way the turtles did.
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

NOT an A LIE N ATION, NOT

the TRUTH

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, but where did the original fish come from? God didn't put them there and neither did man. It's okay to say you don't know. Scientists do that all the time.
Actually, many fresh water species of today were results of being stranded as ocean dwellers as oceans shifted and receded.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, but where did the original fish come from? God didn't put them there and neither did man. It's okay to say you don't know. Scientists do that all the time.
Nature uses nature to spread life. Take the Grey Herring (or the herring family) that thrive on fresh water fish and frogs ect. They carry a little of those eggs and maybe even very small minnows in their mouth as they fly from pond to pond or pond to lake. When they get there and shove their mouth in the water again some washes out in the water, result is very small minnows or eggs will be put in that water from the mouth of the herrings. I don't have a link for this but I have read about that and also of storms, tornadoes sucking fish and eggs, frogs and eggs out of lakes and ponds as they go over them and then carries them miles away sometimes before they fall back to earth and maybe they end up in a pond or lake that prior had no fish. Google raining frogs.
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature uses nature to spread life.
Duh! how profound :-)
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the Grey Herring (or the herring family) that thrive on fresh water fish and frogs ect. They carry a little of those eggs and maybe even very small minnows in their mouth as they fly from pond to pond or pond to lake. When they get there and shove their mouth in the water again some washes out in the water, result is very small minnows or eggs will be put in that water from the mouth of the herrings. I don't have a link for this but I have read about that and also of storms, tornadoes sucking fish and eggs, frogs and eggs out of lakes and ponds as they go over them and then carries them miles away sometimes before they fall back to earth and maybe they end up in a pond or lake that prior had no fish. Google raining frogs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And you say you can read context? lol. It is obvious ole paranoid thought bohart was me and then I comment on him being paranoid and he comments back to you "Is it paranoia, when it is true?"
I thought you were smarter. On that thought "I was wrong"
Still clueless. Such a shame.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I can think of only one functional definition of "species". And having too many definitions is better than having none. There is no functional definition of "kind" as used by creatards.

What is a kind? Try to be consistent. If bacteria are a kind then eukaryotes are a kind. Which means that creatards are once again hoisted by their own petard.
I have found over 26 definitions for the word 'species'

http://scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts/2006...

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart is an idiot at best.
He gets angry when his superstitions beliefs are challenged. I am always happy to supply evidence when requested. Since creationists have none a request for evidence tends to drive them a bit batty.
Poor sucking my bone,...he gets angry when his superstitious belief of how life began is called out for the bullshit it is.

I hereby request evidence of how the first life came about using the scientific method.
Observable,
testable,
repeatable.

and please don't ask me to view a cartoon

You don't have it, then you've lied about your evidence

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor sucking my bone,...he gets angry when his superstitious belief of how life began is called out for the bullshit it is.
I hereby request evidence of how the first life came about using the scientific method.
Observable,
testable,
repeatable.
and please don't ask me to view a cartoon
You don't have it, then you've lied about your evidence
You complete tard!

Since abiogenesis is still in the hypothetical stage and there are competing hypotheses means we are not sure which is the path that life took.

Second abiogenesis is not evolution. They are related but different sciences. For evolution to be true we don't need abiogenesis to be natural. We do have a surfeit of evidence that evolution occurred.

Why do you focus on abiogenesis moron? Do you think that if you disprove it that will disprove evolution? You won't. Even your precious God could have made the first life. For the theory of evolution it makes no difference.

The evidence so far points to abiogenesis.

And since you could not even understand a "cartoon" I don't see the point in linking any other evidence for you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found over 26 definitions for the word 'species'
http://scienceblogs.com/evolvingthoughts/2006...
Idiot, that is not "26 different definitions for the word 'species'". Those have 26 different prefixes. The word "species" is part of a phrase, it is not 26 different definitions.

They get dumber every day.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Unfortunately I do have to work a bit and make a living.

I hope that blowfart is around when I get back. Odds are he will spew some unsupported idiocy and run away.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I can think of only one functional definition of "species". And having too many definitions is better than having none. There is no functional definition of "kind" as used by creatards.

What is a kind? Try to be consistent. If bacteria are a kind then eukaryotes are a kind. Which means that creatards are once again hoisted by their own petard.
Darwin's claimed macro evolution which means one kind producing another kind.
Not bacteria evolving into bacteria, birds evolved in to birds and if the bird was a finch the NEW SPECIES is still a finch. insects evolving into insects and if it was an ant it's still an ant and if it was a fly its still a fly.
Turning on or off genes is nothing amazing. God put those genes there for animals or insect ect. To adapt to changing environments. It's a little like an electrician wiring the house so you can turn lights on when it gets dark. It's called planning ahead. Intelligent design. Every time a species has been isolated you claim a new species evolves. The fact is EVERY time the DNA has gotten shorter NEVER new DNA just different switches turn on an off and other genes lost for ever because adaptation is no longer needed. As a result these "NEW" species are on the short road to extinction.

Why do you observe these facts and still believe in macro evolution?
And you claim not to be religious.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Can I list a few myths that you guys seem to have permanently latched onto??

Of course I can.

The following are Biblical myths:

Creation 6,000+- years ago
Adam and Eve....this has repercussions for Jesus
Noah's flood
The Tower of Babel
Moses writing the Pentateuch
Moses
The Exodus, and all the attendant magik or 'miracles'
Abraham
Lot
Known Writers of the Gospel
They are not myths.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I almost forgot the biggest myth....God
Well at least you capitalized God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,941 - 92,960 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••