Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#97996 Aug 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>obviously i read far, far more than you...at least i understand what i read...

the questions that fool asked were nonsensical, and i answered them, now didn't i?
Nope you didn't.
And you haven't read half of what I've read junior.
Godlust

Mokena, IL

#97997 Aug 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one would need the teensiest shred of evidence that even suggest that maybe, just possibly there might have been some kind of creator for that discussion to continue...
Humans are convinced that their the0ries of their existence must be true.....couldnt be futher from the truth.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#97998 Aug 18, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>A better question would be why didn’t the creator make sure we wouldn’t have dumb f-ing morons like you to put with? Instead of asking self-serving and idiotic questions why can’t you be specific? You wanna know about the human conception of time or you wanna know about space-time geometry? Don’t you really think if God approved the bible he would have made us believe he created the whole bloody mess in 6 days and six nights. The Russian physicists Mikhail Vasiliev has explained space and time pretty well and believe me he is not using the bible!! Creationism only makes sense if you give up any notion of logic and reasoning and cast your entire lot to faith and ignorance. By the way, did you know that Storks bring our babies?
Where did time come from in your own words please.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#97999 Aug 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that God is false?
The evidence that God is false is "What evidence do you have that God is false?" is your strongest argument.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#98000 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you didn't.
And you haven't read half of what I've read junior.
Your subscription to 'Hustler' shouldn't really count.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#98001 Aug 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence that God is false is "What evidence do you have that God is false?" is your strongest argument.
To make the claim God is false you have to have supporting evidence. Evidently you have none.

“I gotta dig bick.”

Level 2

Since: Nov 10

You read that wrong.

#98002 Aug 18, 2013
Endgame question:

Who created the ability for creatures to evolve?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98003 Aug 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How are creationist lying for Jesus?
Is that similar to a lying God?
I suppose if you, not me believe in a lying God it would be similar.

Being dishonest when you are arguing against evolution by Christians is an example of lying for Jesus. The purpose of pointing out that they are lying when they break certain rules is to shame the fools into no longer doing that particular sin. This latest action by Tzar is more of a Red Herring than anything else. At that time almost everybody had similar beliefs or worse. In fact you would be hard pressed to find anyone who had better opinions about "savages". The cure to ignorance is education and since he continually educated himself you will find that Darwin's later opinions about Africans were less racist than his earlier ones. Still that has nothing to do with whether the theory of evolution is correct or not and that is why it was dishonest for him to even bring it up.

Do I have to explain to an idiot every time in detail why they are being an idiot? I don't think so.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98004 Aug 18, 2013
Internet Beyotch Slapper wrote:
Endgame question:
Who created the ability for creatures to evolve?
Why do you think that such a creator is necessary?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98005 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wrong. I did quote Darwin.
And you still don't know what you did was wrong. You are a complete idiot.

You also forgot your links. Again. That only confirms my judgement of you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98006 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Life does not support creationism?
But rain falling on rocks creating a primordial soup getting hit by lighting support a scientific theory?
What color are the clouds in your world?
Until creation "scientists" develop a proper testable hypothesis at the very least there is no scientific evidence for creationism by definition.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98007 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have post many time the definition of kind in fact the last one is but a few pages back.
Atheist ask for stuff like that then you oblige them and claim they don't read cut and past.
That works for you? Rather child like.
You have never posted a testable, quantifiable definition of kind.

All you have done is make some idiotic, incorrect, declarative statements.

“I gotta dig bick.”

Level 2

Since: Nov 10

You read that wrong.

#98008 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that such a creator is necessary?
Why would you think that the mathematically perfect balance of the universe and all evolutionary life would be the result of a random explosion?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98009 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I believe science when they give a ridiculous statement like "the universe start with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago"
So cocky to give such a date when they have nothing to back it up. Oh they claim they can trace the radiation back to that point and all so that's when it had to happen.
Then ooopposey they find stars a billion years older.
Oh we'll just rework all the figures to include our new findings.
That's science for ya always ready to cover their ass with new figures.
So why are they right this time?
Posts like this are the reason that we all know you are an idiot.

When you try and claim that the age of the universe was determined without any evidence it is clear to all that you do not have a clue. The fact that the star that was discovered that seemed older than the universe was a big clue that they did something wrong. They went back and found their errors.

You have no clue about science and yet your life probably depends upon it.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#98010 Aug 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
To make the claim God is false you have to have supporting evidence. Evidently you have none.
That's right, but even seeking such evidence shows you yourself doubt the existence of God.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98011 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would you think that the mathematically perfect balance of the universe and all evolutionary life would be the result of a random explosion?
What mathematical perfection? What random explosion.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#98012 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this how?
Science. Give it a try sometime.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#98013 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No it Satan that is fooling you.
That may be the stupidest thing you've ever said. Satan faked the universe to fool us? You're a wacko.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#98014 Aug 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, but even seeking such evidence shows you yourself doubt the existence of God.
As Sub would say, "Nope. Just showing you can't make idiotic claims without supporting evidence to back it up"

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque, NM

#98015 Aug 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't think so. In a mathematically perfectly balanced universe fundies wouldn't be compelled to make asses of themselves unless, of course, you think asses are part of that balance.

God bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Into The Night 33,005
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Into The Night 81,572
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 26 min Wisdom of Ages 2,189
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr ChromiuMan 164,269
Did humans come from Sturgeons? Mon Science 1
Proof humans come from Tennessee Mon Science 1
Science News (Sep '13) Oct 14 Science 4,005
More from around the web