Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
89,141 - 89,160 of 113,071 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

BiggBBoss wrote:
Evolution has already need debunked. Wake up and get with the times people.
Say what?

When?

By who?

I seem to have missed that and I really do try and keep up with the latest scientific advances. Please be specific.
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a book on biological chemistry or Genetics.
I have read several and what I got out of them was education including it is that the theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution.

However you are welcome to put whatever interpretation makes you feel all warm and fluffy and goddidit by magic inside you want on those facts,

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The first word is "a", the most used is "the". "French" lies somewhere between fraud and frog.
That is not what I said

I said the “premier” word

Note the definition of “premier”

First in status or importance; principal or chief:
First to occur or exist; earliest
First in importance, rank, etc.
First in occurrence; earliest

Note also that the earliest word which "evolved" into an English word is either "cinnamon." a spice used several thousand years ago. The word is of Hebrew origin (it is found in the 30th chapter of Exodus).

Or “water” which has counterparts in several languages that have influenced English, I believe the oldest use of the word water was in the Hittite language

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would not know logic if it sat on your face and farted
Looks pretty logical to me
That must have happened to you. What a wonderful experience.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up chaz, the premier word in the English language is French
Shut up, Chriz, the premier words in French are mostly in Latin. The same with all languages.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do you have to be told Cuckles, the U.S. got it as part
of a package deal when we bought London Bridge. England was going
through a tough time then and was selling off some artifacts. The
English Language was on of those artifacts.
So now you need to practice saying American belongs to the
Americans!!
Wake up! why? because your nightmares are just too much.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what I said
I said the “premier” word
Note the definition of “premier”
First in status or importance; principal or chief:
First to occur or exist; earliest
First in importance, rank, etc.
First in occurrence; earliest
Note also that the earliest word which "evolved" into an English word is either "cinnamon." a spice used several thousand years ago. The word is of Hebrew origin (it is found in the 30th chapter of Exodus).
Or “water” which has counterparts in several languages that have influenced English, I believe the oldest use of the word water was in the Hittite language
No matter how you chop it, French is not the "premier" word in English. It isn't even the premier word in French. The earliest word is likely to be the simplest and most primal. Ma or mama.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Shut up, Chriz, the premier words in French are mostly in Latin. The same with all languages.
The premier words in: Mandarin are Latin? Navajo are Latin? Swahili are Latin? Hindi are Latin?

Never ask a Christian anglophile for a correct answer, all you'll get is a "right and proper" one.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another cowardly dodge from Mike.
Cowardly dodge, huh? You cite a 40+ year old publication as if it were still germane today. If you knew what you were talking about and understood the modern definition of homology, you wouldn't make such a foolish mistake.

But continue to act like a jackass, Dr Phony.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowardly dodge, huh? You cite a 40+ year old publication as if it were still germane today. If you knew what you were talking about and understood the modern definition of homology, you wouldn't make such a foolish mistake.
So, Mike...you're predicting that every journal published today will be garbage in 40 years.
The "modern definition of homology" is a carefully contrived rationalization tailored to fit evolution.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
First off we need to see the source of your claim. Very often the answer is there.
Please, no invalid creatard sources. I don't like creatard sources since they openly admit that they will lie if necessary.
Please, evotard sources...like talkorigins, since they openly lie when necessary.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Adaptation is very different from evolution. The various colors of our skin may be an example. Skin Has a biological mechanism that adopts to protect us. This is not evolution. And this is what causes me problems with this debate. People do not understand the difference. And no one has even dared to try To explain away one of my earlier comments...
The human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the Chimpanzee Y chromosome. Humans have at least 78 genes and Chimpanzees have only 37. The Y chromosomes of Chimpanzees and humans are radically different in the arrangement of their genes. What more need I say? Or should I continue? So for evolution to work the number of genes would have to about double and reorganize themselves. There is NO biological mechanism that allows for this to happen. Mutating genes is very different than creating genes. Plus reorganizing them! Someone previously suggested that conception would allow for this to happen- lol. You cannot evolve through conception. Genetic recombination will also not cause evolution in a species.
Asked and answered.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>So, Mike...you're predicting that every journal published today will be garbage in 40 years.
The "modern definition of homology" is a carefully contrived rationalization tailored to fit evolution.
Here we go again with the fake doctor. I didn't say that and you should know that. So either your lying or a moron. Go back and read what I did say until you get it like the good little dunce that you are.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

HTS wrote:
Thanks for admitting that you KNEW the information you cited was outdated.

We already knew you're a fraud though.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think De Beer's research is irrelevant today, then state specifically what has been done to disprove it. Broadly stating that all research dating back to 1971 should be discounted is stupid. His research has withstood 40+ years of scrutiny, and he commands a great deal of respect as an embryologist.

All that has been done is re-defining terminology. Homologous structures produced by non-homologous genes are now designated "analogous". Inventing new words doesn't erase any obstacles to evolution.

This is yet another failed prediction of Darwinism. You can imagine that the flipper of a dolphin is homologous to the hand of a man. Genetic studies disprove your intuitions. Naive hunches must capitulate to science.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>So, Mike...you're predicting that every journal published today will be garbage in 40 years.
"Modern definition of homology" was coined by Owens in 1843.
"Origin of Species" was published in 1859.

According to your statement and your own biblical standards, the Theory of Evolution was prophesied and fulfilled.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Modern definition of homology" was coined by Owens in 1843.
"Origin of Species" was published in 1859.
According to your statement and your own biblical standards, the Theory of Evolution was prophesied and fulfilled.
Totally irrelevant comment.
Mike was referring to a revised definition homology made after 1971, because De Beer's research debunked Darwin's claims of relatedness by simplistically documenting homology.

And what's this nonsense about ToE fulfilling Biblical prophesy?
I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, evotard sources...like talkorigins, since they openly lie when necessary.
It really gets to you tards that that is not the case isn't it?

We have shown that the honesty of your site is extremely dubious. So much so that you are afraid to use it when that was your source for an idea, your latest DeBeer's claim for example.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike was referring to a revised definition homology made after 1971, because De Beer's research debunked Darwin's claims of relatedness by simplistically documenting homology.
I don't think you have the slightest idea what anyone is talking about, unless their sentence ends with "In Jesus' name, Amen."

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
From your description of the process he debunked nothing.

That is one of the reasons that we demand the sources. It is extremely doubtful that DeBeer was as stupid as you are. There always is the possibility. Your description of DeBeer only showed that someone, probably you, misunderstood the genome.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you have the slightest idea what anyone is talking about, unless their sentence ends with "In Jesus' name, Amen."
To HST the scientific world is one of continuous whooshing sounds as idea after idea shoots right over his head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... 26 min Subduction Zone 151
Big Bang? 42 min wondering 296
GOP House candidate Bob Frey believes dinosaurs... 50 min wondering 15
One reason some Atheists arecomplete idiots. 54 min wondering 57
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 1 hr wondering 411
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 10 hr Dogen 134,506
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 10 hr Ooogah Boogah 171,518
•••
•••