Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
87,881 - 87,900 of 113,158 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
in my history class we were watching this video about america (i think it was the 80s) in one part it said that is type of std (forgot which one) first began with homosexuals and transexuals. I did not invent it if you want to complain to someone blame the public school and history.
oh and the only ones that last a few years are the ones doing it wrong.
In the U.S. when AIDS first appeared it was mostly a homosexual and drug users disease. That was not the case in Africa. The same disease in Africa is a heterosexual disease. The disease is neither hetero or homo sexual, it is behavior that causes the spread of AIDS, not sexuality.

AIDS is a disease that came from "bushmeat". Monkeys and apes killed for food. Blood to blood contact was the cause, not sex with monkeys.

Meanwhile all of the classic venereal diseases have been around for ages.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with history class? must have been one sucky school, huh?
yet you feel confident making this claim off some video you can't name and some STD you can't remember? sounds kind of silly when put in the light of day, doesn't it?
I think it was aids....maybe
I put it in the light of day because it happened even though i can't remember the details but I'll try to find out.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is health. not new age. and he cites the bible only sometimes. so stop making excuses it's not about religion it's health. what are you so afraid that you were wrong don't worry we all make mistakes.
It's "new age" garbage. Relabeling it does not change the source. Scientifically a balanced diet of meats and veggies results in the healthiest life, that's been demonstrated, not just made up like yours.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Gravity (and concrete) challenged the structural integrity of my skull just yesterday.
But that's probably irrelevant.

Trying guess which one is harder, I guessing your head because lol j/k hahahah I' glad you didn't crack that concrete too bad!
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In the U.S. when AIDS first appeared it was mostly a homosexual and drug users disease. That was not the case in Africa. The same disease in Africa is a heterosexual disease. The disease is neither hetero or homo sexual, it is behavior that causes the spread of AIDS, not sexuality.
AIDS is a disease that came from "bushmeat". Monkeys and apes killed for food. Blood to blood contact was the cause, not sex with monkeys.
Meanwhile all of the classic venereal diseases have been around for ages.
well the bible did say there would be plagues and diseases in the end time no? look at swine flu.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that the old testament was wrong It's all correct. what he said was since we don't have the original bible we cannot be sure that what the new ones say is correct.
and maybe if he appeared in modern times. but unfortunately they didn't have modern technology back then so yeah. and also why do you think every religion world wide has a some elements from the bible in them? because the bible is real.
no, it is not correct in many many ways. he gave you some of those ways.

what would technology have to do with it? people haven't changed that much. if he was a god or even performed miracles, he would have had a following the size of a nation and they would have hung on his every word.

the bible is a work of man, ask GLXT or whatever his moniker is...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
in my history class we were watching this video about america (i think it was the 80s) in one part it said that is type of std (forgot which one) first began with homosexuals and transexuals. I did not invent it if you want to complain to someone blame the public school and history.
In the 80s? We were all idiots back then, seriously. There are no "gay" diseases, and heterosexuals spread STDs, all of them, just as much as gay people. Gay people just get treated more often because they're more aware of the risks.
toddy

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm...how can you have creation without religion?
huh? I can create a lot of stuff without religion.

I think you meant to ask, "how can you have religion without creation?" That would be a much better and more interesting question. That would put us in the realm of considering religion as something Other than an answer or explanation about where we came from. Which, in fact, it is to most people. Most Christians stopped caring about where they came from when they realized the bible and other media could not really answer this question. Neither can you, neither can "science." Btw, science is not as innocent or predictable as most people think either. Lots of things happen in the scientific world that there is no explanation for. Some of it is very scary.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "new age" garbage. Relabeling it does not change the source. Scientifically a balanced diet of meats and veggies results in the healthiest life, that's been demonstrated, not just made up like yours.
I agree the new age is garbage but you cannot say it comes from the same source if you haven't watched it. also it's like I said the bible is older than the new age. walter veith has demonstrated it. but if you doubt then why don't you try the experiment. try feeding carnivores plants and watch what happens collect the details and give me the data. That's what scientists do after all experiment.
also then why are many important people vegetarian? hmm
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

toddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant to ask, "how can you have religion without creation?" That would be a much better and more interesting question. That would put us in the realm of considering religion as something Other than an answer or explanation about where we came from. Which, in fact, it is to most people. Most Christians stopped caring about where they came from when they realized the bible and other media could not really answer this question. Neither can you, neither can "science." Btw, science is not as innocent or predictable as most people think either. Lots of things happen in the scientific world that there is no explanation for. Some of it is very scary.
easy
once upon a time long ago space was extremely small then for some random reason it expanded. and then molecules started mixing together to form proteins which bonded together to form life. then that life for some strange reason felt like it had to evolve and said to itself " I HAVE THE POWER" and boom it grew other organs and body parts.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

there you have it religion without creation. now believe!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time what are fundies?
Fundamentalists.
Dinoeater wrote:
and also my religion is not anti-sex. we do not beleive it is wrong. after all it is god who created male and female and told us to go out and "multiply" if you know what I mean.
Not anti-sex. Anti-sex education. Which is why there are Christian missionaries *right now* in Africa telling everyone condoms cause AIDS, thus propagating a massive health epidemic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Gravity (and concrete) challenged the structural integrity of my skull just yesterday.
But that's probably irrelevant.
Depends. Has it made you more susceptible to fundie apologetics?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention
Have you gotten sick this year?
Not yet.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
no everything you mentioned there is from the old testament. the Jews have the original old testament.
The OT is the source of your religion. You can't just throw it away because it's inconvenient.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
easy
once upon a time long ago space was extremely small then for some random reason it expanded. and then molecules started mixing together to form proteins which bonded together to form life. then that life for some strange reason felt like it had to evolve and said to itself " I HAVE THE POWER" and boom it grew other organs and body parts.
Did you feel it explode inside of you , and start growing?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Topix deletes duplicates. You can still see 'em, but nobody else can.
We can only see them until the duplicate is removed. The only ones that are removed that we CAN see are when we've made posts with naughty words in them (or what the automated software perceives as naughty words in them). But clearing your cookies will make them disappear too.
Dinoeater

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

toddy wrote:
<quoted text>
so what you are saying toddy is that you have gone past the realm of atheism and said "you know what I'm to lazy to find out which is right and which is wrong" so you then create your own universe in which nothing is true.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

toddy wrote:
Why does it always go to religion? Is evolutionism a religion now or what? It's almost as if they are trying to disprove creation rather than teach science. I don't think it disproves creation at all...I mean, someone/thing had to create this "tree of life" or "common ape-like ancestor" right? Or at least create the elements that set things into motion. Nothing evolves from nothing. Yes, you can quote me on that
You all do know that Darwin was a Christian, right? He even strengthened his faith in God after his research because it only proved to him that we humans know absolutely nothing on the grandest scale.
Why don't you all just tell the real truth and admit that you have no idea about where we came from? What does evolution prove?? Anything at all other than, things change when they have to? DUH! You call that a theory?
Evolution is science. As such it makes no theological claims. All evolution does is scientifically demonstrate common ancestry. Fundies oppose science so they seek to replace science in science classes with religious apologetics. So while scientists in labs all across the world happily continue their research into evolutionary biology giving us medicine, vaccines and increased crop yields, science education in public schools is threatened by religious evangelicals who hate the science that gives them all their modern comforts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Dinoeater wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the vid you watched was BS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS#History

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 min Dogen 134,553
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 6 min MikeF 171,532
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 38 min Gillette 424
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) 3 hr Courtney Galler 2
GOP House candidate Bob Frey believes dinosaurs... 5 hr TurkanaBoy 21
One reason some Atheists arecomplete idiots. 7 hr The Dude 58
British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... 8 hr wondering 153
•••
•••