Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204922 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#90663 May 27, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When VWD Day comes, you and everybody in the world will know. There is so much, it would take volumes of books to explain it. VWD stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. It is the first Day of the Lord.
Isn't it against the rules to preach nonsense?

Level 1

Location hidden

#90664 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know what happens after we die, I have been shown a vision of what spiritual life is to come...like a "trailer preview to the next show". This is one reason I'm so set on my beliefs, there are many that haven't been so lucky and I feel it my duty now to let others know.
There is way more to this than just "warm fuzzy feelings", and while on that subject, what exactly did you do about 'those feelings' you seem to have experienced? Nothing?
The reason you are "set" on your beliefs is because you believe what other people tell you. You trust these other people and they tell you what they were told and you all believe the same thing, just like everyone used to believe the earth was flat; all you have to do is look and you'll see the earth is flat. How can anyone argue with that.

There is NOTHING more to Christianity than warm fuzzy beliefs. Parents tell their children silly stories to protect them from the bad things that happen in life and that is all there is too it.

All human beings have a built in curiosity about why we find ourselves alive and breathing on the surface of the planet earth. We soon realize that no one we know knows anything about it and slowly we put our question on the back burner where most completely forget about it and become either prison inmates or candidates for the lunatic asylum.

You claim you have had an epiphany that proved to you the existence of all the nonsense you talk about. I assert that you misunderstood your experience and because of being raised in a Christian society made it fit in with your existing beliefs.

The possibility for human beings to arise in the biospheres of certain planets throught out the cosmos existed at the first few moments of the what we call the big bang. We are alive and we exist because we are as much a part of the cosmos as is everything else.

And you feel the need to shove down our throats what someone told you. The earth is a mad house full of insane people.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#90665 May 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep repeating yourself until hell freezes over it won't change the fact that there is ample evidence, more than is needed to show everyone that the Bible is not the word of some invisible superiour being God. And no one has produced a shred of evidence that such a being as the pew warmers alledge actually exists. Humanity is retarded as long as it accepts deeply held beliefs over evidence.
JESUS Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.
vs
JESUS Matt. 28:20 ...: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Do we have Jesus with us always?
I guess that all depends on how you interpret the Bible.

"but me ye have not always have"; meaning, with respect to his bodily presence, which, in a short time, would be removed from them, and they would have no opportunity of showing him any such outward respect personally.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90666 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical life is temporary and heaven or hell is permanent.
Children go to God when they die. I guarantee they are happier there without sin and evil than they ever would have been here.
Once you are old enough to understand what the Bible says and you know of God and Jesus' salvation, then reject it over and over and over and over and over....then you die, you will not go to be with God in heaven.
Children are different when they do not comprehend the consiquences of sin completely.
You write as if you know all that hearsay is true. Your deeply held beliefs do not correspond to reality. Nor do they correspond to biblical teachings.

Within Christianity are several organizations, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Worldwide Church of God which deny the existence of hell. They preach, instead, a doctrine known as Annihilationism, according to which the wicked pass into nonexistence, either at death or the resurrection. Essentially, annihilationists are trying to put a more human face on Christianity and attract more followers by modifying the scare tactic of hell-fire and damnation that is so crucial to the NT. As fundamentalist Robert Morey said on page 203 in his book Death and the Afterlife, "As the pressures of liberalism continue, we can expect to see more neo-evangelicals moving either into Universalism or Annihilationism, either of which are acceptable to those who hold a liberal theological position."

Unfortunately for orthodox Christians, such as Southern Baptists, Annihilationism is biblically defensible as the following verses show all too well. Undoubtedly the strongest passage is found in Eccle. 3:19-21 which says, "For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other; yet they all have one breath; so that man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward, and the spirit of the beast goes downward to the earth." That is about as definitive as one can be. If man has no "preeminence" or "advantage" over the beasts as the RSV and the Modern Language say, then all else is for nought. Another potent verse is found in Eccle. 9:5 which says, "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward: for the memory of them is forgotten." If there is no more reward, then it is all over, including the shouting.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90667 May 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pretty clear where we would meet. Yep, Frank and I agree about that. Since most atheists are very good people, if there is a heaven most will go there. It is the Christians that he has to worry about.
And the letter that TJ wrote was about the consequences of the constitution he wrote. It was not law, it only told the meaning of the ultimate law for our country.
Why would you want to do illegal and immoral things anyway?
You didn't answer any of my questions, you just twisted words to fit your view, and as usual, you had to throw some unkind and unnecessary jabs.

TJ's letter did not tell the meaning of the ultimate law for our country. LOL!

It was about the Government pushing their own religion and rules of faith on people.

If the government wouldn't have done that (just like the King did in England), TJ would never had to write the letter.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90668 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote: ""Children are different when they do not comprehend the consiquences of sin completely.""

Jesus, himself, made several statements ("I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me"--John 14:6),("He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,...."--John 3:18), and ("He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life: but the wrath of God abideth on him"--John 3:36) that clearly show everyone must accept Jesus to be saved. Everyone means everyone, not some, not most, but all. Consequently, all beings that die as foetuses, infants, and babies are condemned to eternal damnation because of events over which they had no control. In an attempt to eradicate the obvious injustice and heartlessness involved, some biblicists have devised the wholly unbiblical concept known as the age of accountability. Few beliefs are given more credence with less biblical support. Generally speaking, the Bible does not make fine distinctions such as would accompany a finely-honed legislative document and this instance is no exception. There is nothing in the Bible about an "age of accountability." In fact, the word accountability does not even appear in the KJV of the Bible.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#90669 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer any of my questions, you just twisted words to fit your view, and as usual, you had to throw some unkind and unnecessary jabs.
TJ's letter did not tell the meaning of the ultimate law for our country. LOL!
It was about the Government pushing their own religion and rules of faith on people.
If the government wouldn't have done that (just like the King did in England), TJ would never had to write the letter.
Yet, you are the one who wants to do exactly what the King of England supposedly did. Once again, TJ was perhaps the major writer of the Constitution. Who better to know what he meant when he wrote it? Again, his letter explained his thoughts when he wrote the amendments.

What we are trying to do by banning organized prayer in school is to STOP the government from pushing the views of certain religious people upon others.

Now lucky for us that science is not a religion. It is not Faith, or Gullibility, based. It is based upon observation, deduction, and other uses of the scientific method.

Evolution does not, nor is it intended to, disprove the existence of gods. It only disproves certain fairy tales.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90670 May 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you are "set" on your beliefs is because you believe what other people tell you. You trust these other people and they tell you what they were told and you all believe the same thing, just like everyone used to believe the earth was flat; all you have to do is look and you'll see the earth is flat. How can anyone argue with that.
There is NOTHING more to Christianity than warm fuzzy beliefs. Parents tell their children silly stories to protect them from the bad things that happen in life and that is all there is too it.
All human beings have a built in curiosity about why we find ourselves alive and breathing on the surface of the planet earth. We soon realize that no one we know knows anything about it and slowly we put our question on the back burner where most completely forget about it and become either prison inmates or candidates for the lunatic asylum.
You claim you have had an epiphany that proved to you the existence of all the nonsense you talk about. I assert that you misunderstood your experience and because of being raised in a Christian society made it fit in with your existing beliefs.
The possibility for human beings to arise in the biospheres of certain planets throught out the cosmos existed at the first few moments of the what we call the big bang. We are alive and we exist because we are as much a part of the cosmos as is everything else.
And you feel the need to shove down our throats what someone told you. The earth is a mad house full of insane people.
If faith could come to someone just by listening to people, then all would be saved and I would have been saved as a child. Instead, it took me decades before I decided I wanted to go to church, God changed me, no one else.

If you read scripture, it says that only God can call you, that no person can get you saved....and you can ONLY be saved IF God calls you.

John 6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

LOL! There is alot more than 'fuzzy feelings" when dealing with God.

RA::"""All human beings have a built in curiosity about why we find ourselves alive and breathing on the surface of the planet earth. """

Wrong.....hmmmm...wonder where this 'built in curiosity comes from' and why animals don't have it too...hmmmm....

RA::"""I assert that you misunderstood your experience and because of being raised in a Christian society made it fit in with your existing beliefs"""

Wrong....I was afraid to tell anyone in my church or family for fear they wouldn't believe me, even though they believe the Bible, only a handful of people experience things like I have.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90671 May 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that all depends on how you interpret the Bible.
"but me ye have not always have"; meaning, with respect to his bodily presence, which, in a short time, would be removed from them, and they would have no opportunity of showing him any such outward respect personally.
It is you who are interpreting! I just post them as I find them;

GODS VERSION:
JESUS Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.
vs
JESUS Matt. 28:20 ...: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

REPLAYTIMES VERSION:

JESUS Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always with respect to my bodily presence which in a short time will be removed from you.
vs

What you have done Replaytimes is add words to the text to make it same what you want it to say. This is just another of your dog and pony shows. And it proves Christians are devious, dishonest and deceitful.

You don't even care that the BibleGod is going to remove your name from the book of life because of what you just did here. Amazing. It is Christians like you that give all of humanity a bad name.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90672 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Christians have you known before their salvation and then after their salvation?
How many can you name that their behavior suddenly, drastictly, and uncharacteristicly changed from a 'hard partier' who quit partying suddenly or a 'violent or rude person' who then changed completely to nice and calm or who was 'a player' then quit chasing girls or all of the sudden wanted to read the Bible and go to church and quit all bad habits all together???
Do you know of any?
How would you explain how a person would suddenly want to quit being bad and be super conscience of making sure that he was trying his best to do good....along with talking about what God had done to him and for him, how God "SUDDENLY" changed him?
How do you explain that this happens to people every single day in every nation of the world?
This, my friend, has absolutely NOTHING to do with science.
I will answer you foolish questions for you if that is what you really want.

The best answer is: So what? Those claims apply to each and every religion out there. There are probably even some atheists out there who realized that living a life of partying will not bring you ultimate happiness. We call that "growing up".

Some people are rather childish and cannot grow up without an invisible friend. An event that can be applied to all religions cannot be used as evidence for your religion. It is much more likely that social pressures to act right have finally gotten through to someone. If he needs a crutch to help him along I will not kick it out from under him. It is still a crutch, nothing more.

And please, don't tell me that I give nasty remarks when you are just as bad if not worse. Frank said as long as atheists are good we can go to heaven too. For you that is not good enough. If we don't believe like you do you believe that we deserve to be tortured forever.

Who is the sick one now?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90673 May 27, 2013
Revelations wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Post!
Revelations speaks about the church and their failures in the way of Christian values. Some feel safe in the church and they will be in for a great shock.
That is so true. I think these last days, where evil is building up to the same point it was, as in Noah's days, the Church will be purged of pew warmers or people that only go to church for their image, false followers of Christ, along with many false teachers.

Have you noticed how many different types of church names and denominations and non-denominational churches have popped up in just the last decade??? I've never seen it like this before.

That is prophecy being fulfilled right in front of our eyes.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90674 May 27, 2013
BibleGODS VERSION: Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

REPLAYTIMES VERSION: Matt. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always, with respect to my bodily presence, which in a short time will be removed from you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90675 May 27, 2013
imagine, you cannot use the Bible as a valid source until you demonstrate that it is not a steaming pile of dingoes kidneys.

How would you react to someone quoting the Vedas to "prove" his point? Or the Koran? Or the Book of the FSM?

References that have countless flaws are not reliable sources.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90676 May 27, 2013
And this is not to gloss over the fact that the Bible teaches that God/Jesus is EVERYWHERE! So do tell us Replaytime, when Jesus' bodily presence was removed from us, where did it go, remembering Jesus/God is EVERYWHERE.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90677 May 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you are the one who wants to do exactly what the King of England supposedly did. Once again, TJ was perhaps the major writer of the Constitution. Who better to know what he meant when he wrote it? Again, his letter explained his thoughts when he wrote the amendments.
What we are trying to do by banning organized prayer in school is to STOP the government from pushing the views of certain religious people upon others.
Now lucky for us that science is not a religion. It is not Faith, or Gullibility, based. It is based upon observation, deduction, and other uses of the scientific method.
Evolution does not, nor is it intended to, disprove the existence of gods. It only disproves certain fairy tales.
Who do you think created all of the things that you study in science?

Don't you realize that your pride and arrogance that pushes you to 'think' that you are knowledgeable about this God given earth, you're possibly educated by a 'man', who was created by God and that your so-called knowledge has you so blinded, you don't even realize that you are missing a key part of knowledge...you don't have the wisdom from God to even USE your knowledge of science correctly.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90678 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text> ...only a handful of people experience things like I have.
This only tells us you are divorced from reality. There is no way that you know what the experiences of others are. Mabye you do not belong in prison but certainly you are clearly headed for the lunatic asylum.

Salvation by works, for example, is clearly shown in Matthew 19:16-21, where a man asked Jesus what he must do to have eternal life:

Matt. 19:16-18 "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."

Clearly, according to Jesus salvation is obtained by works. Good works, good deeds, following the commandments are all that is necessary. Jesus said nothing about believing in anything. Faith or belief isn't even mentioned.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90679 May 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
imagine, you cannot use the Bible as a valid source until you demonstrate that it is not a steaming pile of dingoes kidneys.
How would you react to someone quoting the Vedas to "prove" his point? Or the Koran? Or the Book of the FSM?
References that have countless flaws are not reliable sources.
Nicely said. This is why I spend all my time posting those biblical errors for all to see. It does not seem enough to assert they are there, but necessary to quote them and even when quoted our pew warming liars will try to deceive us by adding words to the text and creating new meaning in the process. I have never met an honest Christian because as soon as they are honest they are no longer a Christian.

Level 1

Location hidden

#90680 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think created all of the things that you study in science?.
Who do you think created God?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#90681 May 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
And this is not to gloss over the fact that the Bible teaches that God/Jesus is EVERYWHERE! So do tell us Replaytime, when Jesus' bodily presence was removed from us, where did it go, remembering Jesus/God is EVERYWHERE.
Into the third heaven with God, sitting at His right hand,(means Jesus is perfect and is the successor to His throne). Jesus went to prepare a place for the believers... but the Holy Spirit was sent to earth to dwell inside of believers until His return so we would have a 'taste' of Heaven on earth. Holy Spirit is a deposit of God's spirit, a guarantee of things to come.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:6 - And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Acts 2:4 - And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 1:5 - For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Luke 11:13 - If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#90682 May 27, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think created all of the things that you study in science?
Don't you realize that your pride and arrogance that pushes you to 'think' that you are knowledgeable about this God given earth, you're possibly educated by a 'man', who was created by God and that your so-called knowledge has you so blinded, you don't even realize that you are missing a key part of knowledge...you don't have the wisdom from God to even USE your knowledge of science correctly.
Why do you think we need a god to create the universe? If we need a god to create the universe then we would need an uber-god to create god. It is an endless cycle.

You need to learn a very important logical thinking tool. You need to learn what the Null Hypothesis says. At its base it says that ideas without evidence to support them can be ignored. What is your evidence for the existence of your god?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min Rosa_Winkel 18,548
Current Education And Its Huge Flaws 2 hr One way or another 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr Into The Night 43,197
Questions about first life 13 hr FallenGeologist 1
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 14 hr It aint necessari... 914
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Thu Chimney1 151,481
Sun could not have formed as thought Thu U think Im wrong 19
More from around the web