Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223358 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90375 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
Your logic is grossly flawed born from the perverted mind of an atheist.
Irony meter go boom.
HTS wrote:
An eternal reward is not achieved by committing suicide, but by striving to follow the teachings in the Bible.
How do YOU know?

Oh wait - you don't.

But I guess I was right about you being a typical Christian YEC fundie creationist all along then.(shrug)

Now there's no need to be so frigging coy about it anymore, is there? Doesn't that feel better?
HTS wrote:
Furthermore, life is a gift from God, and the experience of living on earth is precious and should be cherished.
Then why do you waste so much time worshipping the afterlife then just like a good little death-cult should?(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90376 May 23, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
Did you pray honestly believing that God is real?
Yup. But to be fair I was exceedingly young and gullible at the time. Not so much now.
imagine2011 wrote:
You have to be serious, God will not be mocked.
It never is. Your opinions of what you think God is however, they can be mocked all the time. And often are. After all your baseless religious opinions are COMPLETELY unimportant.(shrug)
imagine2011 wrote:
John 20:29
English Standard Version
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90377 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Gen 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light". The light of God existed before the sun and will exist after the sun, it was the first thing to be created.
If you refer to light from the early cosmic background radiation it simply wasn't strong enough. If you're referring to light from God itself then it didn't get through because of the solid ice shield that surrounded the planet. If you're saying none of this matters because Godmagic has no restrictions then science does not support your claims.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90378 May 23, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is "Light" and he was hovering over the waters of the earth.
He had a hovercraft? Cool!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90379 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian and the ninth commandment prohibits false witness, not lying. There's a difference, everybody lies but we're also not supposed to. Jehovahs witnesses are false, they have seen nothing. "They are their own witnesses, they see not nor know that they may be ashamed".
Then since you have not witnessed scientific evidence you are bearing false witness. If you claim otherwise then you are lying because everybody lies even though they're not supposed to.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90380 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>VWD Day stands for Vengeance, Wrath and Destruction. God understands all of us and she is a righteous judge.
Perhaps.

Your god however is an extreme psychopath.
susanblange wrote:
I wouldn't blaspheme the name of the living God.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

Unless your god is a wuss that is.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90381 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Gen 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light". The light of God existed before the sun and will exist after the sun, it was the first thing to be created.
Photons without an em source. It sounds more to me like primitive sheep herders didn't know anything about diffusion and diffraction of sunlight through the atmosphere. Do you?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#90382 May 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Photons without an em source. It sounds more to me like primitive sheep herders didn't know anything about diffusion and diffraction of sunlight through the atmosphere. Do you?
"God IS an EM source!!!"

If so then we finally have the beginnings of a meaningful (and hopefully coherent) definition of what (a) God is.

Could be fun!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#90383 May 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 8th dimension it's probably a cube ;-)
Laffin.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#90384 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If proposed mechanisms of transmutation are sufficient, then there would be no need for God to "direct" anything.
Let's expand on this very concept.

1. "There would be no need for God to "direct" anything."
2. "There would be no need for you to "direct" anything."
3. "There would be no need for Government to "direct" anything."
HTS

Mandan, ND

#90385 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is logical to assume that since not one single person out of the 7 billion currently living on this planet have been able to demonstrate such claims, there is no reason to presume such claims are valid at this time due to lack of evidence.
can be objectively demonstrated.
stance.
Your arrogance is binding you down.
You have not examined all of the evidence.
You merely assume that it doesn't exist.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#90386 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

But I guess I was right about you being a typical Christian YEC fundie creationist all along then.(shrug)
Now there's no need to be so frigging coy about it anymore, is there? Doesn't that feel better?
<quoted text>
Then why do you waste so much time worshipping the afterlife then just like a good little death-cult should?(shrug)
Why so you assume to know anything about my religious beliefs?

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#90387 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He had a hovercraft? Cool!
His hovercraft was full of eels.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#90388 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I am kind of curious about your science credentials.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#90389 May 23, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text> There is no scientific or archaeololgical evidence that man has been on the earth for more than about 5,000 years. If man has been around for hundreds of thousands of years, where is the evidence? I'm not looking for evo-dogma, I'm looking for scientific evidence.
You wouldn't recognize something that conflicted with your beliefs, even it was driven like nails into you, to hang you on the cross you bare.
You are the poster child of ugliness.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90390 May 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"God IS an EM source!!!"
If so then we finally have the beginnings of a meaningful (and hopefully coherent) definition of what (a) God is.
Could be fun!
Doesn't fit with the observed physics, sorry. Unless "He" is a naked singularity - in which case physics is out the window and all bets are off.
Repeat, ALL bets.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#90391 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently they have, Mike. But I think it's petrified.
Actually Susan, that is not true.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90393 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
Your arrogance is binding you down.
You have not examined all of the evidence.
You have never provided a single objective piece of evidence that demonstrates your claims to be examined. I submit your accusation of arrogance is merely a projection of your own constant failure to back up your position.
HTS wrote:
You merely assume that it doesn't exist.
This is an incorrect assumption. I am quite open to the possibility that such an entity exists. But I am also quite open to the possibility that it does not. You do not concede that as a possibility.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90394 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you just told us. But I keep telling you they are completely unimportant.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#90395 May 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am kind of curious about your science credentials.
Non-existent.

He told us so when he said he had four years medical training then proceeded to talk like a homeschooled teenager.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 14 min Prince of Darkness 5,993
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Prince of Darkness 94,353
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Samuel Patre 168,785
Altruistic Behaviour negates the theory of Evol... 8 hr Mad John Kidd 24
List what words of Jesus (the Creator) you evol... 9 hr Davidjayjordan 44
Impossibility of a Pertpetual Motion Machine me... 10 hr Davidjayjordan 8
Why the Big Bang is ALL WRONG. Wed 15th Dalai Lama 303