Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89832 May 21, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such psychological wall among fundamental Protestants who most all went to state secular schools.
So-called atheists reject anything to do with religion they learn from marxist principles even as science confirms the Bible repeatedly. Christians on the otherhand admit this and have rejected evolution as baseless propaganda.
Big Problems with the Big Bang Theory
with Dr. Jason Lisle
http://youtu.be/gs_PXxBAnsM
http://youtu.be/_Rh4NkGKTBk
http://youtu.be/614p6H7evpY
in fact, science proves your cult is based on proven lies.

your cult lied to you...again...

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#89833 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be difficult to tell as, if not a Poe, she's not playing with a full sack. But from what I gather she was just arguing within their Bible, the NT (which she rejects) whereby Jesus' promised return already happened with the Easter resurrection. But since she doesn't believe that anyway, she believes in the OT and has further built her own theology around that, whereby a new Jesus will come along who actually serves Satan and that she is some sort of Messianic Prophet who God thinks is special enough to provide her with the details of the Drive a Volkswagen Day apocalypse which will occur "sometime" between 2013-2015.
<quoted text>
Indeed. Sounds like the beginnings of Jesus Camp, which is nothing short of psychological abuse if subjected to minors. Good demonstration of how twisted religous fundamentalism is.
Haha. Wow. Clearly you have had some experience with her. So, she was or was not saying that jesus is coming back soon? I'm still a bit confused.

She thinks she's a prophet? I'm leaning towards poe. Rather, I hope she's a poe.

And yeah. Not the kind of stuff any child should be exposed to. Luckily, I was already at the point where I was questioning christianity, so it seemed kind of silly to me, but I imagine it horrified a lot of the kids there.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#89834 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
(yawn)
<quoted text>
Of course it does. You're just too dumb to figure it out.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Don't need to pretend.
<quoted text>
No, that is what you believe based on your misunderstandings of non-fundies.
<quoted text>
To pish you off.
<quoted text>
Sorry bub, but Dawkin's philosophical opinions are not relevant to me. It's you fundies who are obsessed with the guy, not us. To us he's merely one scientist among many. To you he's the anti-Christ, complete with horns and a pitchfork. I may share some of his opinions, I may not share others. It doesn't matter. But I don't get all of my opinions from him just because I may share a few. It's YOUR job to follow priests because you're religious. That's not our job because we simply do not think like you. Correction - we think, you don't. That is why fundies are COMPLETELY incapable of ethics because they have no concept of the word.(shrug)
Dude, why do you assume that I'm a "fundie" when you know nothing about my religion? Your lack of ethics is manifested in your arrogant post.
Is it because you are so accustomed to making baseless assumptions that you never stop to evaluate the facts before drawing conclusions?
Why do you never post any scientific evidence?
I know the answer... because there isn't any scientific evidence to validate Darwinism.
All you do is recyle the same BS over and over again, imagining that you're making a point when you're only revealing your religoius devotion to a theory that is indefensible by the scientific method.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89835 May 21, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, why do you assume that I'm a "fundie" when you know nothing about my religion? Your lack of ethics is manifested in your arrogant post.
Is it because you are so accustomed to making baseless assumptions that you never stop to evaluate the facts before drawing conclusions?
I know the answer... because there isn't any scientific evidence to validate Darwinism.
All you do is recyle the same BS over and over again, imagining that you're making a point when you're only revealing your religoius devotion to a theory that is indefensible by the scientific method.
You are a fundie.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89836 May 21, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
in fact, The Dude is one of the most prolific posters of facts about the theory of evolution.

the fact that you continually spew the talking points of the fundies would be a solid fact people would use to label you as such.

if you are not a fundie, why do you talk like one? why do you use all their talking points and false attacks on the proven facts of the real world?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#89837 May 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fundie.
Or a Poe. I've seen a couple who were quite glib.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#89838 May 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, The Dude is one of the most prolific posters of facts about the theory of evolution.
the fact that you continually spew the talking points of the fundies would be a solid fact people would use to label you as such.
if you are not a fundie, why do you talk like one? why do you use all their talking points and false attacks on the proven facts of the real world?
I see that you're again regurgitating the same tired rhetoric of the garden-variety atheist stooge who simpliy guzzles whatever koolaid is served by the MSM.
FREE SERVANT
#89839 May 21, 2013
The real world is not evolvinng from simple forms to more complexones as Darwin claimed, The real world is changing though.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#89840 May 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, The Dude is one of the most prolific posters of facts about the theory of evolution.
?
If "the Dude" is your poster child for evolution you are hard-pressed indeed. He has failed on every count to provide one iota of scientific evidence in all of his meanderings.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89842 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you say to Thor when you appear before him strapped to a big dartboard for target practice?
I would be in a MUCH better predicament than an unbeliever would be in facing God.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89843 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If the crucifixion was a sham, all of christianity falls apart. Christian theology is predicated on it and everything that wasn't fulfilled was nailed to the cross.
John 10:17-18 states Christ laid down his life, NO MAN took the life from him, he had the power to lay down his life and take it back again.1 Cor 15:12-20 If Christ did not rise from the dead then our faith is vain, ifin this life only we have hope we are men most miserable(V 19)

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89844 May 21, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If "the Dude" is your poster child for evolution you are hard-pressed indeed. He has failed on every count to provide one iota of scientific evidence in all of his meanderings.
How's That for Stupid, why do I have to keep reminding you that you cannot say anything about scientific evidence?

You have demonstrated time and again that you do not know what qualifies as evidence.

All you have to do is to apologize for being an idiot and ask me to help and I will.

Wouldn't it be worth it so that people would not have to read what a fool you are all of the time?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89845 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I would be in a MUCH better predicament than an unbeliever would be in facing God.
Which god? There are thousands if not millions of them.

Clarity would help.

For example a pub oriented god like the FSM would laugh his metaphorical ass off and get you a round of beer.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89846 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently even if they're only a day old.
The wicked go astray from the womb, as soon as they be born speaking lies. They cry for no reason.
FREE SERVANT
#89847 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>John 10:17-18 states Christ laid down his life, NO MAN took the life from him, he had the power to lay down his life and take it back again.1 Cor 15:12-20 If Christ did not rise from the dead then our faith is vain, ifin this life only we have hope we are men most miserable(V 19)
Amen Brother!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89848 May 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you prefer Romeros or Cohibas?
I don't understand what you mean?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#89849 May 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>John 10:17-18 states Christ laid down his life, NO MAN took the life from him, he had the power to lay down his life and take it back again.1 Cor 15:12-20 If Christ did not rise from the dead then our faith is vain, ifin this life only we have hope we are men most miserable(V 19)
So wherein lies the "sacrifice"?

Just a thought - it might have worked better if he'd stayed dead.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89850 May 21, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are either a poe or mentally ill.
I'm mentally ill. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh". Intellect and creativity can cause insanity.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#89851 May 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you say to Thor when you appear before him strapped to a big dartboard for target practice?
Dude, either way you lose.
If there is life after death, you live in everlasting shame.
If there is no life after death, you will never be vindicated.
What makes you tick?
Does it just feel good to believe that you're a descendent from a worm? Is that the level of your true self esteem?*

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89852 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The wicked go astray from the womb, as soon as they be born speaking lies. They cry for no reason.
Huh? What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 40 min Dogen 81,848
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 44 min Dogen 2,194
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 46 min Dogen 33,075
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr Genesis Enigma 164,290
Did humans come from Sturgeons? Oct 16 Science 1
Proof humans come from Tennessee Oct 16 Science 1
Science News (Sep '13) Oct 14 Science 4,005
More from around the web