Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218714 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89569 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you look at the complex, beautiful world and believe that it all came about by accident?
What makes you think that evolutionists think it came about by accident? There are random factors to evolution, but it is anything but accidental.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89570 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that evolutionists think it came about by accident? There are random factors to evolution, but it is anything but accidental.
You have no concept of Darwinism.
According to ToE, all life is purposeless...an accident.

G. G. Simpson wrote...

"Man is the result of a purposeless and materialistic process that did not have him in mind. He was not planned. He is a state of matter, a form of life, a sort of animal, and a species of the Primates, akin nearly or remotely to all of life and indeed to all that is material."

*(Simpson G.G., "The Meaning of Evolution: A Study of the History of Life and of its Significance for Man," [1949], Yale University Press: New Haven CT, 1960, reprint, p.344).

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89571 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Anything 'anti-biblical
2. Satan (you're just still blind to his control)
3. Yes there are
4. Yes there are
5. Yes there are
6. Anything anti-biblical
7. Yes you do when you agree with unbiblical things and obsessively push those ideas.
1. Makes no sense, anti-anything is not a doctrine.
2. Cop out, all scams state that anything which disagrees with them is influenced by some evil thing.
3 - 5. Saying there are and providing no examples is the same as lying.
6. Anti-anything is not a belief either.
7. Now you're just being a total idiot here.

Can you, for once, not betray how ignorant and indoctrinated you are?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89572 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to take a shot at this.
Sorry, atheists do not believe "anything anit-biblical". I am sure there are some things in the Bible that even the stoutest of atheists would agree with and certain anti-biblical concepts that they would oppose.
No, Satan is a myth. You seem to be implying that Satan has more power than your god.
3. Yes there are
4. Yes there are
5. Yes there are
Simply denying KittenKoder is not going to get you anywhere. Either provide evidence or admit you are wrong.
Again, see number one. You are looking rather foolish.
7. Yes you do when you agree with unbiblical things and obsessively push those ideas.
Again no. Look at the claim. We do not do any spell casting, like your sort does. Just because an idea is "unbiblical" does not make it magical. Nor do we obsessively push our ideas. In fact no one pushes atheism on anyone else that I know of. Evolution is not an "atheistic idea". It might debunk certain parts of your religion, but then so did Galileo. So did the discovery that the world was spherical. People still kept believing in Christianity. What is so special about evolution?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89573 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you look at the complex, beautiful world and believe that it all came about by accident?
First, complex is subjective. Complex compared to what?

Second, no one said accident but the creationists.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#89574 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text> the doctrine of atheism is denial of the massive evidence of a supreme being. It is rejection of science to justify an amoral worldview.
Personal delusion is not evidence, unless you're insane.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89575 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Simply denying KittenKoder is not going to get you anywhere. Either provide evidence or admit you are wrong.
Kind of funny, huh? How all I have to do is get them to make their assertions and then ... ask for evidence of them. They have yet to present any, none of them, for any of their assertions made opposing my dismissal of their assertions. But that's all which is needed, it betrays their dishonesty, and their ignorance. But what makes it funny .... they never learn. They keep doing it over and over again.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#89576 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is born an unbeliever. Only the Holy Spirit can call you and only you can accept.
If you don't accept God, you continually will be an unbeliever and think God's Word is hogwash, just as I did before I received His Spirit.
Before then, I would have whole heartedly agreed with you, but since then, I know the truth.
It's something supernatural, for sure. Almost inexplicable.
New Living Translation (©2007)
&#9668; Ecclesiastes 3:11 &#9658;
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.
Nah, you're wrong. ZEUS touched me with his tingly, lightning infused appendage, and since then I have known the TRUTH. I know that you will debase and mock me, something I would have done in the past - but I can only hope that Zeus sends a lightning bolt (the friendly kind, not the deadly kind) your way so that you too can learn the truth, and we can be brothers in electricity.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89577 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof there wasn't a global flood?
Most people who truly try to disprove the flood, wind up proving it to be true themselves.
Same thing with God.
Absolutely not. The flood didn't happen.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89578 May 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 19 is a prophecy about Egypt that is being fulfilled right now and the coming of the Messiah is apparently imminent. Jesus never rose from the dead, that is a fantasy and a lie. If Jesus did rise from the dead, the resurrection is past. He's damned if he did, and damned if he didn't.
Do you know how long people have been claiming the imminent return of jesus? He's about two-thousand years late.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#89579 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this. God bless you.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89580 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your words, but I still do not see any proof.
In fact, many biblical prophecies have already came true.
Fulfilled Prophecy: Evidence for the Reliability of the Bible
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...
10 prophecies predicted in the Bible & fulfilled in history
http://sunandshield.wordpress.com/2007/04/04/...
1. Children will be dishonorable to their parents (meaning misbehaving to dishonor them).
2. Lawlessness will abound.(look at our inner cities in USA and around the world)
3. Good will be called evil, evil will be called good.
4. Natural disasters will be like birth pains (increase in intensity, increase in number, be closer together).
5. Israel will be completely surrounded by the enemy.(Syria, Iran, Egypt, all muslim countries are enemies of Jews and Christians. Zechariah 14:1-2, Joel 3:1-3)
6. Wars and rumors of wars.(How many wars have we fought, sometimes 3 at once. How many rumors of wars do you hear daily now?)
7. Drought and famine (exist in some nations, even though we have enough food and water)
8. Disease epidemics (so many incurable diseases, some are God's punishment for sexual immorality)
9. Rise of an aggressive Fundamentalist Islamic Power (Daniel 11:40-43)
10. One world religion (Vatican or Islam) Islam certainly wants religious reign over every nation.
11. One world currency (Euro has been incorporated into many european nations)
12. One world power (United Nations seem to control our wars or European Union wants to reign supreme power)
13. Powerful religious figure (false prophet, Possibly the pope or future pope, could be leader of Islam??? Rev. 19:19-21, Rev. 13, 17, 19. Isaiah 47:1)
14. Gospel of Kingdom of God is preached to all nations (tv, radio, internet, cell phones, video cameras, satelite, cable, wireless technology now)
15. Faith again becomes a matter of life or death (many countries are murdering all of its citizen Christians and Jews Rev. 12:17, 14:12)
16. The Great Tribulation (collapse of english speaking nations, or "Jacob's trouble", Jeremiah 30:7, Luke 21:23, Matt 21:21-22)
17.heavenly signs of the Day of the Lord (Matt 24:29, Rev. 6:12-13)
18. The seven last plagues (Rev 6:17, Rev 7, 8, 11:15,/even as He returns, the deceived nations of mankind will fight and curse Him who is their very creator! Rev 16:21, 17:14)
I just found this very interesting. Jesus said "no on knows the exact day or time of day of His return except God, but THIS GENERATION WILL NOT PASS UNTIL THESE THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE". What does generation mean to Jesus?
Tomorrows World. org/ Fourteen signs announcing Christ's Return plus other booklets for free.
It's funny how you acknowledge the fact that jesus said he would return within the lifetimes of his followers ("this generation will not pass..."), but then you immediately explain it away with an appeal to the mysterious nature of god. The question of how long a generation is to jesus is meaningless. Even if he considers a generation to be thousands of years, he knew that his audience at the time (his followers) considered a generation to be a human lifetime. Why would he use such an easily misinterpreted phrase (if he did actually mean something else)?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#89581 May 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny how you acknowledge the fact that jesus said he would return within the lifetimes of his followers ("this generation will not pass..."), but then you immediately explain it away with an appeal to the mysterious nature of god. The question of how long a generation is to jesus is meaningless. Even if he considers a generation to be thousands of years, he knew that his audience at the time (his followers) considered a generation to be a human lifetime. Why would he use such an easily misinterpreted phrase (if he did actually mean something else)?
Because, he wanted his followers to use their brain power to figure it out...INSTEAD of being told..the answer...AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!!!

Level 3

Location hidden

#89582 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
"age of enlightenment"...you mean knowledge of men?
James 3:13-18 ESV /
Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.
This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere....
New Living Translation (©2007)
&#9668; Daniel 12:4 &#9658;
But you, Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal up the book until the time of the end, when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase."
Proverbs 13:1-25 ESV
A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. From the fruit of his mouth a man eats what is good, but the desire of the treacherous is for violence. Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. The righteous hates falsehood, but the wicked brings shame and disgrace....
Totally man. The accumulation of knowledge is the devil.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89583 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been using science to prove the Bible....don't you know that or are your evolutionary teachers hiding that fact?
Intellegent Design scientists are being fired from their decades long professions these days, kinda like persecution???
Why would they fire them if they werent afraid they would expose the lie of evolution .....and they would lose their funding.....and therefore lose their livelyhood.
Why do they want to silence them if they can prove ID to be false???
Please answer the last question, at least.
No, you haven't been using science to "prove the bible." In fact, it's quite the opposite - biblical claims look increasingly silly as we advance scientifically, and some have been outright proven wrong.

Teachers are not hiding anything of the sort. Proof for this assertion? Thought not.

"ID scientists" (now that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one) are being fired because they are not fulfilling their duties. ID is not science, it is religion masquerading as science - when a scientist decides to start pursuing nonsense, they are no longer a scientist.

They aren't being fired because they might "expose the lie of evolution," they are being fired because they aren't doing science. The TOE is not threatened by ID in the same way that the heliocentric model of the solar system is not threatened by the earth centric model of the solar system.

Finally, they aren't being "silenced," they are free to pursue whatever nonsense they want to on their own time or via private funding from some ID foundation - it's just that psuedoscience has no place in the scientific world. No one cares to prove it wrong for the same reason that no one cares to prove the "flat earthers" wrong. It's not falsifiable anyway - indeed, it is not a scientific theory.

Would you be up in arms if a university fired a professor because he insisted on teaching his students that the earth was flat?

Level 3

Location hidden

#89584 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
3. Yes there are
4. Yes there are
5. Yes there are
1. "Anything anti-biblical?" That is not a doctrine, first of all, and second of all, being anti-christianity is not the defining feature of atheism.

2. Satan is our god, but we are blind to his control? Do you know how imbecelic, paranoid, and arrogant that makes you sound? You don't have the "truth" any more than any other human on the planet, yet you seem to think that you *know* that atheists are nothing but pawns for the devil. Laughable.

3. No, there are no atheist churches. That phrase is the definition of an oxymoron. We gather to worship our lack of belief? Really?

4. Name on "atheist prophet."

5. Name on "atheist preacher." Dawkins, Harris, etc. are not preachers, by the way.

6. Again, atheism is not defined by "anti-christianity." Atheism is defined by a lack of belief, period. That's all there is to it.

7. This last point doesn't even make any sense.

Level 3

Location hidden

#89585 May 19, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Because, he wanted his followers to use their brain power to figure it out...INSTEAD of being told..the answer...AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!!!
So your god uses intentionally confusing language when speaking directly to his followers? Why would he do that? Sounds to me like you're explaining away a blatant biblical falsehood by making assumptions that you have no reason to make. Also, why would he "challenge" his followers to "figure it out" when it is impossible to determine the time of his return anyway?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89586 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you look at this complex, beautiful world and still cling to a stone-age myth THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE A LIE!!!

not sure if you are clear on that part...you are worshiping a proven lie. why would any sane person do that?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#89588 May 19, 2013
creationist wrote:
When you reject God you become stupid. Obviously that's what has happened here.
Something's wrong here. You evidently do not reject god yet you are clearly stupid. Can you explain that?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#89589 May 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, Leviticus is out the window.
Good to know.
That's ALL of Leviticus, right?
Again, it will say if a statute or judgment is perpetual or forever. We are also to keep all of the law until the Messiah comes and changes it. Speaking of the end times, Malachi 4:4 says "Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded to him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Into The Night 51,336
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 9 min marksman11 157,326
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 38 min Regolith Based Li... 24,639
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 1 hr ChromiuMan 1,117
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Dogen 460
How did reproduction start for any living thing? 7 hr Dogen 90
The Fossil Record Does Not Support The Theory O... 7 hr Dogen 45
More from around the web