Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216729 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89549 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Expelled was debunked almost immediately.
They made all sorts of false claims in that movie and were very dishonest in their filming of it.
Here is part one out of 16 debunking that garbage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =F5ixmLNwF9sXX
Well, you can't deny the fact that there are more scientist employed that agree with Evo than ID scientist who are attacked by the large amount of money gathered up by the Evo crowd.

Same is true with Union members.

Same is true in politics.

Same is true with Planned Parenthood.

Science shouldn't be that way....but it is, because of the money.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89550 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
"age of enlightenment"...you mean knowledge of men?
James 3:13-18 ESV /
Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.
This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere....
New Living Translation (©2007)
&#9668; Daniel 12:4 &#9658;
But you, Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal up the book until the time of the end, when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase."
Proverbs 13:1-25 ESV
A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. From the fruit of his mouth a man eats what is good, but the desire of the treacherous is for violence. Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin. The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. The righteous hates falsehood, but the wicked brings shame and disgrace....
Wait, so even though we are at the most peaceful and safest time in all of history, and it's only getting better, you think that we're better off killing anyone who disagrees and fighting more wars, killing your kids for "back talk" and killing anyone accused of being a witch .... great, you were certainly born in the wrong era, you should have been born in the Dark Ages.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89551 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you can't deny the fact that there are more scientist employed that agree with Evo than ID scientist who are attacked by the large amount of money gathered up by the Evo crowd.
Well, if creationism ever provided us with viable and useful things like vaccines, life saving medical procedures, new technology, or ... well anything useful, it would get money as well.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89552 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because there is no science to ID. It is nonsense. To date they have not had one successful argument. Case after case of "irreducible complexity" have been reduced.

It is not about money. It is about who is right and who is wrong.

Have you been watching the video series that I linked? So far the first two people who were supposedly discriminated against have been shown to be dishonest to say the least. No discrimination. People cheating to put wrong ideas in front of students and cheating on the rules that govern how papers are published is what has been revealed so far.

Now it is your turn. "Prove" that science is only about the money. I bet you can't. The problem is that the few scientists on your side have cheated to get their ideas across and then they complain when they are caught.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89553 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because there is no science to ID. It is nonsense. To date they have not had one successful argument. Case after case of "irreducible complexity" have been reduced.
It is not about money. It is about who is right and who is wrong.
Have you been watching the video series that I linked? So far the first two people who were supposedly discriminated against have been shown to be dishonest to say the least. No discrimination. People cheating to put wrong ideas in front of students and cheating on the rules that govern how papers are published is what has been revealed so far.
Now it is your turn. "Prove" that science is only about the money. I bet you can't. The problem is that the few scientists on your side have cheated to get their ideas across and then they complain when they are caught.
I've watched the first video, but how are you to know that this guy making the video wasn't using the large amount of Evo money to lie about Expelled?

and how can you say that its not about the money.....it ALWAYS leads to the money!

Also, these people were crushed by the institutions that must keep the Evo theory alive...or they lose everything.

and how can you say who is right or wrong when we haven't been given a chance...YET.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#89554 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are making stuff up, science doesn't buy votes to be true.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89555 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've watched the first video, but how are you to know that this guy making the video wasn't using the large amount of Evo money to lie about Expelled?
and how can you say that its not about the money.....it ALWAYS leads to the money!
Also, these people were crushed by the institutions that must keep the Evo theory alive...or they lose everything.
and how can you say who is right or wrong when we haven't been given a chance...YET.
He used his own time and money. And it does not matter where he got his money from. The truth is the truth. It can be shown that Ben Stein and the company behind "Expelled" lied time after time about the people who were supposedly discriminated against.

Wake up! This is America. If people are wronged they sue, and they sue for big money. I know of only one case where a not hired creatard was paid some "go away" money. The amount he was paid was far less than it would have cost the university to go through a lawsuit. Money that they would have ended up paying whether they won or not.

One thing that case illustrates is that we need more of a British system when it comes to lawsuits. "Loser Pays" stops all sorts of frivolity.

And no institution has to "keep evolution alive". That is one of your more idiotic statements yet. Evolution is "kept alive" because it is science and as Dawkins said "Science works, bitches".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#89556 May 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Messiah (God) will "seek to change times and laws" Daniel 7:25. These include both mans and Gods laws. Besides the 10 commandments, the rest of the law was written for a different time. It was appropriate for the time it was written in. The 10 commandments are forever valid, that's why they were written in stone. The rest of the law is changeable, it will usually say if a statute or judgment is perpetual or forever. Isaiah 2:3 "...for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem".
So, Leviticus is out the window.

Good to know.

That's ALL of Leviticus, right?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89557 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
He used his own time and money. And it does not matter where he got his money from. The truth is the truth. It can be shown that Ben Stein and the company behind "Expelled" lied time after time about the people who were supposedly discriminated against.
Wake up! This is America. If people are wronged they sue, and they sue for big money. I know of only one case where a not hired creatard was paid some "go away" money. The amount he was paid was far less than it would have cost the university to go through a lawsuit. Money that they would have ended up paying whether they won or not.
One thing that case illustrates is that we need more of a British system when it comes to lawsuits. "Loser Pays" stops all sorts of frivolity.
And no institution has to "keep evolution alive". That is one of your more idiotic statements yet. Evolution is "kept alive" because it is science and as Dawkins said "Science works, bitches".
Darwin admitted it was a hoax before his death.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89558 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin admitted it was a hoax before his death.
Nope, that is a lie.

And guess what, even if he did he would have been wrong. See, science works on this interesting concept, it is based upon scientific evidence. It does not matter who finds the evidence, all that matters is what the evidence says.

You are a regular font of lies and bad information.

Isn't there some sort of rule against lying for Christians? I could have sworn there was one somewhere.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89559 May 18, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
. We'll show you why this movie is not a documentary at all, but anti-science propaganda aimed at creating the appearance of controversy where there is none.
The biggest anti-science propaganda is teaching of the theory of evolution as if it's legitimate science.
Evolution is nothing more than the religion of atheism. All proposed mechanisms of evolutionary transmutation are biologically impossible.

I have repeatedly demonstrated the innumerable,scientific fallacies that are propagated in the name of Darwinism, and the only retorts I hear are idiotic insults, blasphemy against religion, and perverted logic as you process the undeniable fact that your religion is being exposed for what it is.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89560 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that Expelled wasn't produced by a large, tax free, corporation to get you to send them more money?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89561 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest anti-science propaganda is teaching of the theory of evolution as if it's legitimate science.
Evolution is nothing more than the religion of atheism. All proposed mechanisms of evolutionary transmutation are biologically impossible.
I have repeatedly demonstrated the innumerable,scientific fallacies that are propagated in the name of Darwinism, and the only retorts I hear are idiotic insults, blasphemy against religion, and perverted logic as you process the undeniable fact that your religion is being exposed for what it is.
ROFLMAO Okay, so tell me, what is the "doctrine" of atheism? Without a doctrine, there is no religion, thus atheism MUST have a doctrine to be a religion.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#89562 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Okay, so tell me, what is the "doctrine" of atheism? Without a doctrine, there is no religion, thus atheism MUST have a doctrine to be a religion.
the doctrine of atheism is denial of the massive evidence of a supreme being. It is rejection of science to justify an amoral worldview.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89563 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text> the doctrine of atheism is denial of the massive evidence of a supreme being. It is rejection of science to justify an amoral worldview.
So then show this evidence.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89564 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes more faith to be an atheist than to believe in God.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#89565 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, only idiots say that.

Why are you so intent to demonstrate that you are an idiot?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#89566 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you have a non-sequitor, this means absolutely nothing. I asked for you to explain how atheism is a religion. Let me help you out a bit:

1. Atheism has no doctrine.

2. Atheism has no god, that's a given.

3. There is no "church of atheism," not a seriously real one.

4. There are no atheist prophets, we don't like to pretend to know the future.

5. There are no atheist preachers, though we do talk a lot, that's pretty much all of us, and since no one stands above the rest, we have no preachers.

6. We don't have any beliefs. Though some atheists are buddhists and jainists, they do have beliefs, there are no inherent beliefs for an atheist.

7. We don't use spellcasting, you probably call it prayer, but it's the same thing, spellcasting.

Need more to work with?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89567 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you have a non-sequitor, this means absolutely nothing. I asked for you to explain how atheism is a religion. Let me help you out a bit:
1. Atheism has no doctrine.
2. Atheism has no god, that's a given.
3. There is no "church of atheism," not a seriously real one.
4. There are no atheist prophets, we don't like to pretend to know the future.
5. There are no atheist preachers, though we do talk a lot, that's pretty much all of us, and since no one stands above the rest, we have no preachers.
6. We don't have any beliefs. Though some atheists are buddhists and jainists, they do have beliefs, there are no inherent beliefs for an atheist.
7. We don't use spellcasting, you probably call it prayer, but it's the same thing, spellcasting.
Need more to work with?
1. Anything 'anti-biblical
2. Satan (you're just still blind to his control)
3. Yes there are
4. Yes there are
5. Yes there are
6. Anything anti-biblical
7. Yes you do when you agree with unbiblical things and obsessively push those ideas.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89568 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, only idiots say that.
Why are you so intent to demonstrate that you are an idiot?
How can you look at the complex, beautiful world and believe that it all came about by accident?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min One way or another 48,577
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 49 min Knowledge 154,701
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr karl44 23,504
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 15 hr Timmee 9
Science News (Sep '13) 21 hr _Susan_ 3,985
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... Sun The Northener 642
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Dec 3 Aura Mytha 179,707
More from around the web