Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220695 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89362 May 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No-one has ever presented any scientific evidence for the existence of a god.
Also why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
Better to believe in a god than believing that we came from a rock. Don't tell me that yours makes sense and my doesn't until you can actually prove what you believe.
creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89363 May 17, 2013
I will start to believe you if you can tell me how a soup can change to becoming the most complexed organism in the world. Plus how did the moon,the stars, the sun, and the universe come to be in the first place?
creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89364 May 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Carbon dating confirms Earth is older than 6,000 years old. 87Sr, 86Sr confirms Earth is older than 6,000 years old.
PDF linky.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/gold/pdf/239...
But again, why are you asking for something which has NO relevance to your position?
wrong carbon dating doesn't work. Want proof? How's this. The found a mammoth in the ice and used carbon dating to date it. They said that one part was older than a different part of the same animal!
creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89365 May 17, 2013
I would also like to know how the laws of physics were invented!
creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89366 May 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No-one has ever presented any scientific evidence for the existence of a god.
Also why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
And they have actually found true scientific evidence that evolution is true? If so please tell me where to find this.
creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89367 May 17, 2013
When you reject God you become stupid. Obviously that's what has happened here.
creationist

Pass Christian, MS

#89368 May 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This sentence violates the law of non-contradiction.
<quoted text>
This sentence violates the law of non-contradiction.
<quoted text>
This sentence violates the law of non-contradiction.
<quoted text>
This sentence violates the law of non-contradiction.
<quoted text>
This sentence violates the law of non-contradiction.
<quoted text>
http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/...
Of course it could be possible that experts are wrong because a non-medically non-biologically non-scientifically trained non-scientist says reality isn't real because we weren't there to know for sure that God didn't magically poof everything different.
actually I'm pretty shire he did. Check the Bible. And the were created each in their own way.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89369 May 17, 2013
creationist wrote:
No evolutionist has ever been able to answer this one question before. How do we tell right from wrong?
That has nothing to do with evolution. If you seriously need to ask that question then perhaps it is a good thing you believe in an invisible friend.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89370 May 17, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to believe in a god than believing that we came from a rock. Don't tell me that yours makes sense and my doesn't until you can actually prove what you believe.
We have more than enough evidence for our beliefs, what evidence do you have for yours? A book written by a bunch of goat shaggers?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89371 May 17, 2013
creationist wrote:
I will start to believe you if you can tell me how a soup can change to becoming the most complexed organism in the world. Plus how did the moon,the stars, the sun, and the universe come to be in the first place?
So you have no science education at all?

I could refer you to some videos if you are serious. This is not a very good venue for teaching basic science.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89372 May 17, 2013
creationist wrote:
When you reject God you become stupid. Obviously that's what has happened here.
No evolutionist has ever "rejected god". That would be a stupid thing to do. Now many people don't believe in god because there is no evidence for god, that is not a foolish thing to do.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89373 May 17, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text> actually I'm pretty shire he did. Check the Bible. And the were created each in their own way.
The problem is that the Bible is full of flaws. It is not a valid source for science, history, or even morals.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89374 May 18, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text> wrong carbon dating doesn't work. Want proof? How's this. The found a mammoth in the ice and used carbon dating to date it. They said that one part was older than a different part of the same animal!
Previous Claim: CD011.1 | List of Claims | Next Claim: CD011.3

----------

Claim CD011.2:
Widely different radiocarbon dates are obtained from the same frozen mammoths. Different parts of the Vollosovitch mammoth date to 29,500 and 44,000 years before present (BP). One part of Dima, a frozen baby mammoth, was 40,000, another part 26,000, and wood immediately around it was 9-10,000 BP. Two parts of the Fairbanks Creek mammoth date to 15,380 and 21,300 BP.
Source:

Brown, Walt, 2001. In the beginning: Compelling evidence for creation and the Flood (7th ed.) Center for Scientific Creation. http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/Fro...
Hovind, Kent, n.d. Doesn't carbon dating or potassium argon dating prove the Earth is millions of years old? http://www.drdino.com/QandA/index.jsp...

Response:
1. The dates come from different mammoths. The reference cited by Brown and cribbed by Hovind likely refers only to a Fairbanks mammoth, which Brown also mentions (Pw 1975, 30). The 15,380 and 21,300 BP dates come from separate mammoths, and it is noted that the 21,300 date is invalid because it comes from a hide soaked in glycerin. It is uncertain what is Brown's source for the 29,500 and 44,000 dates.

Ukraintseva (1993) reviews the Kirgilyakh mammoth, also known as Dima, and cites three dates obtained for it. All are around 40,000 years before present. Dates for deposits surrounding the mammoth are consistent with dates for the mammoth.

References:

1. Pw, Troy L., 1975. Quaternary stratigraphic nomenclature in unglaciated Central Alaska. U. S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 862.
2. Ukraintseva, V. V., 1993. Vegetation Cover and Environment of the "Mammoth Epoch" in Siberia. Hot Springs, SD: Mammoth Site of Hot Springs of South Dakota

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD011_2...
FREE SERVANT
#89375 May 18, 2013
Intelligent Design Creation theory should include explanations for the beginning of our universe with a body of principles belonging to the subject of it's design. What caused our universe to come into being? Why is our universe arranged and designated to do what it does? Something that is created will show signs of originality of thought and will have meaningful forms. Our universe and Earth shows all the signs of having a Creator.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#89378 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Intelligent Design Creation theory should include explanations for the beginning of our universe with a body of principles belonging to the subject of it's design. What caused our universe to come into being? Why is our universe arranged and designated to do what it does? Something that is created will show signs of originality of thought and will have meaningful forms. Our universe and Earth shows all the signs of having a Creator.
nope.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89379 May 18, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to believe in a god than believing that we came from a rock. Don't tell me that yours makes sense and my doesn't until you can actually prove what you believe.
You're the one that says we came from a rock.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#89380 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Intelligent Design Creation theory should include explanations for the beginning of our universe with a body of principles belonging to the subject of it's design. What caused our universe to come into being? Why is our universe arranged and designated to do what it does? Something that is created will show signs of originality of thought and will have meaningful forms. Our universe and Earth shows all the signs of having a Creator.
Why can't you get this creationism to be elevated to theory? Where is the evidence supporting it? How does knowing the "who" even help us cure Polio?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89381 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Intelligent Design Creation theory should include explanations for the beginning of our universe with a body of principles belonging to the subject of it's design. What caused our universe to come into being? Why is our universe arranged and designated to do what it does? Something that is created will show signs of originality of thought and will have meaningful forms. Our universe and Earth shows all the signs of having a Creator.
such as? i thought it was just mindless repetitive patterns and cycles? you seem to contradict yourself a lot.
FREE SERVANT
#89382 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you get this creationism to be elevated to theory? Where is the evidence supporting it? How does knowing the "who" even help us cure Polio?
Understanding how God has patterned systems to work will lead to cures of all kinds.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89383 May 18, 2013
creationist wrote:
<quoted text> wrong carbon dating doesn't work. Want proof? How's this. The found a mammoth in the ice and used carbon dating to date it. They said that one part was older than a different part of the same animal!
I know people who can't use a tape measure properly either...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One species or three 7 min pshun2404 5
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min One way or another 61,523
Curious dilemma about DNA 46 min Subduction Zone 11
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 59 min Subduction Zone 2,709
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Aura Mytha 28,325
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr Subduction Zone 160,325
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Mar 23 Regolith Based Li... 99
More from around the web