Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89133 May 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Delution noted.
As is your jealousy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89134 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The quote you listed was one that KJV did not me
DID NOT YOU? DID NOT HE, NEITHER.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#89135 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The quote you listed was one that KJV did not me
I understand that. You interjected yourself into the conversation, did you not?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#89136 May 15, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know about the military part, but I long ago concluded that your IQ was likely to be high without your mentioning it.
I was just being a bit of a smart-ass. I've been known to do that.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
While I did not serve in the military, I am the son of a man with a high IQ that did. Let Kevin Bacon beat that.
Yeah, my dad was the really smart one of the family. If I remember right, he tested at 164 when he went into the Marines. 85 years old now and still going strong.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#89137 May 15, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know about the military part...
That part *is* true. 7 years. 67-74.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#89138 May 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late. You're an RPG that got stuck. And you make kitties cry.
Now that hurt!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#89139 May 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Delution noted.
Lighten up, Honey.

It was a joke.

And I believe the word you were trying for was "Delusion".
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89140 May 15, 2013
Mike F and Dude both of you need to go back to page 4227 post 89040 and the next page see post 89055 for the claims of instant promotion due to IQ and the one finger death move. They were made by KJV and not me. Dud, while out on patrol I was a squad leader.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89141 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Mike F and Dude both of you need to go back to page 4227 post 89040 and the next page see post 89055 for the claims of instant promotion due to IQ and the one finger death move. They were made by KJV and not me.
Yes, I indicated that I noted my mistake.
Patriot wrote:
Dud, while out on patrol I was a squad leader.
... and that was due to field promotion after you lost everyone in it.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#89142 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Mike F and Dude both of you need to go back to page 4227 post 89040 and the next page see post 89055 for the claims of instant promotion due to IQ and the one finger death move. They were made by KJV and not me. Dud, while out on patrol I was a squad leader.
I've already responded to this.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#89143 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
And I can see that you were not officer material.

MikeF may have conflated you with KJV, if you look back at my posts I never did. It seemed from what I could have read of yours that you were supporting the KJV in his obvious lies.

I went back and quoted KJV directly before you made this post of yours and listed the page number and post number where KJV lied.

I did not serve, I was in college just after Vietnam ended and service was at an all time low then. My dad was a Marine and got go camping at a nice warm spot in Korea. Perhaps you have heard of it, Google search the Chosin Reservoir if you haven't. I do respect all of the armed services, the Marines more than the others. That is why when I see a lie like KJV made and somebody else that seems to be supporting him, I launch into attack mode.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89144 May 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I indicated that I noted my mistake.
<quoted text>
... and that was due to field promotion after you lost everyone in it.
You are half right on the promotion, after the squad leader was WIA I moved up to fill the position. Far as know everyone in said squad is still alive today .
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#89145 May 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And I can see that you were not officer material.
MikeF may have conflated you with KJV, if you look back at my posts I never did. It seemed from what I could have read of yours that you were supporting the KJV in his obvious lies.
I went back and quoted KJV directly before you made this post of yours and listed the page number and post number where KJV lied.
I did not serve, I was in college just after Vietnam ended and service was at an all time low then. My dad was a Marine and got go camping at a nice warm spot in Korea. Perhaps you have heard of it, Google search the Chosin Reservoir if you haven't. I do respect all of the armed services, the Marines more than the others. That is why when I see a lie like KJV made and somebody else that seems to be supporting him, I launch into attack mode.
I was pointing out IQ was only ONE of the determining factors of admission to OCS. One who makes seargent in the corps in 6 years cannot be too shabby,after my dad had a crippling near fatal illness at near the end of my elistment I seen I was needed at home to help Mom take care of Dad and the Farm. If the career was not cut short noone knows how far one could have gone. After 6 years one can say they did their share.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#89146 May 15, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That part *is* true. 7 years. 67-74.
Viet Nam?

Level 9

founded in facts.

#89147 May 15, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just being a bit of a smart-ass. I've been known to do that.
<quoted text>
Yeah, my dad was the really smart one of the family. If I remember right, he tested at 164 when he went into the Marines. 85 years old now and still going strong.
No explanation needed. I am a bit of a smart-ass in my own right, but that comes through in my posts without saying I would venture.

Interesting. My father served in the Marines during Korea. He would have been about 86 this year.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#89148 May 15, 2013
Is there some connection with the offspring of US Marines and a career or interest in science?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89150 May 15, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You are half right on the promotion, after the squad leader was WIA I moved up to fill the position. Far as know everyone in said squad is still alive today .
And probably grown up by now too, from the little Cub Scouts you lost in the woods.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#89151 May 15, 2013
Agnostick wrote:
Creavolution!
Velvet Schnitzel!

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#89152 May 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
MikeF may have conflated you with KJV...
Perhaps. But he did jump in to KJV defense.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#89153 May 15, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Viet Nam?
Not exactly. More around the edges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How would creationists explain... 1 hr Hidingfromyou 434
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 3 hr Chimney1 678
Science News (Sep '13) Wed positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
Genetic entropy Dec 18 Discord 159
More from around the web