Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,204)

Showing posts 84,061 - 84,080 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong as usual. I cannot speak for the others, but I spent my 1st 18 years going to church, bible school etc. I figured out at an early age it was a scam. I played the game because it was expected of me. As soon as I turned 18 I never set foot in another "house of worship".
Close to my story as well. Choir, alter boy, etc.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong as usual. I cannot speak for the others, but I spent my 1st 18 years going to church, bible school etc. I figured out at an early age it was a scam. I played the game because it was expected of me. As soon as I turned 18 I never set foot in another "house of worship".
Yup.

Same here. Choirs (plural), Sunday school, Church, Vacation Bible School, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I still accompany my parents on Christmas to their church, and throw in a few bucks in the plate, but do so just out of respect to my parents.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
That was your choice and your reward will correspond with that choice.Gal 6:7 " be not deceived God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap, verses 8-9 have some good advice also
YTube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die ----

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>That was your choice and your reward will correspond with that choice.Gal 6:7 " be not deceived God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap, verses 8-9 have some good advice also
Your spells and incantations have absolutely no affect on me.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>That was your choice and your reward will correspond with that choice.Gal 6:7 " be not deceived God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap, verses 8-9 have some good advice also
do those verses also attempt to indoctrinate members through fear and threats?

nice cult ya got there....
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Your spells and incantations have absolutely no affect on me.
It is not the words of me that I presented to you. You are in charge of choosing which path to follow and to(as a result of) where you will spend eternity.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is not the words of me that I presented to you. You are in charge of choosing which path to follow and to(as a result of) where you will spend eternity.
Sure, whatever you say pal. I'll end up in the same place as you, buried 6 feet under.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do those verses also attempt to indoctrinate members through fear and threats?
nice cult ya got there....
Heb 10:31 "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" I hope you do not have to find this out/experience this the hard way
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It is not the words of me that I presented to you. You are in charge of choosing which path to follow and to(as a result of) where you will spend eternity.
No we aren't. God and free will are incompatible. You are unaware of this because you haven't applied the slightest thought to your religion.

But don't worry, there's not a shred of evidence for it.(shrug)
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Heb 10:31 "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" I hope you do not have to find this out/experience this the hard way
Have no worries. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning or winning Lotto.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No we aren't. God and free will are incompatible. You are unaware of this because you haven't applied the slightest thought to your religion.
I applied thought to the religious indoctrination that was being foisted upon my young mind. That's why I am no longer shackled to 4th C dogma
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a peek at Joshua 24:15 and Romans 6:16-23. Oh yes we do have a choice of which route to follow, one will do much more than just shrug when they wake up in torment after this life.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Have no worries. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning or winning Lotto.
when ligntening does hit it sure tears up jack, doesn't it? I think a 50/50 chance is much more probable than either of the events you advocated.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Take a peek at Joshua 24:15 and Romans 6:16-23. Oh yes we do have a choice of which route to follow, one will do much more than just shrug when they wake up in torment after this life.
"People fashion their God after their own understanding. They make their God first and worship him afterwards." Oscar Wilde
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, whatever you say pal. I'll end up in the same place as you, buried 6 feet under.
Our bodies return to the dust, you are correct on that. Eccleasties 12:7 our spirit will return to God who gave us our spirit. 1 Corinthians chap 15 tells of our new bodies we will receive
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>when ligntening does hit it sure tears up jack, doesn't it? I think a 50/50 chance is much more probable than either of the events you advocated.
1 in 175,223,510 are the odds of winning Powerball.
1 : 280,000 of being struck by lightning.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Our bodies return to the dust, you are correct on that. Eccleasties 12:7 our spirit will return to God who gave us our spirit. 1 Corinthians chap 15 tells of our new bodies we will receive
How nice for you. I live in the real world without the pie in the sky fantasies.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>"People fashion their God after their own understanding. They make their God first and worship him afterwards." Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde wrote "The importance of Being Ernest" also. I was not aware he was a noted theologian and thus offered his opinion on spiritual matters. Lassie has an opinion also.W.C. Fields wrote "the best way to fight temptation is to give in to it". Do you ascribe to that theory?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>
1 in 175,223,510 are the odds of winning Powerball.
1 : 280,000 of being struck by lightning.
HOw you like these odds?...Obey and serve God faithfully until death and receive your heavenly reward 100%, Ignore God and/ or Serve something other than God and receive eternal punishment 100%. Sounds like a slam dunk to me Skippy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,061 - 84,080 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••