Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
83,881 - 83,900 of 113,011 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Libertarian wrote:
The universe was sterile and you wander where the life came from.
This forum shows how little is understood. Instead of being on here you could read a book and have your questions answered. It's called education.
Life isn't different to any other chemical process. Molecules link up, create protein chains and so forth.
The right chemicals in the water reacting with each other, sunlight, or the rocks would develop into life. Don't get hung up on the cell, that wasn't the first life, far from it.
Also remember evolution does not have a purpose or goal in mind, only to survive to pass on the gene. If you think theres a goal you're still being held back by your religious ideas.
We've mapped the genome, we have the proof.
If you think science is anti-theistic you haven't even grasped what science means.
Scientific opinon is not a democracy. It doesn't matter if a million scientists disagree with one if that one has proof he is right.
If they called you a crackpot would that change anything?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>SCP theory explains this principle.
Once again, prove it. Prove it even exists. Let's see a link to this supposed "SCP theory". I did a Google search and came up with bupkis.

Do you even know what a theory is? If you don't know the meaning of a word it is easy to abuse it.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
With a little more elaboration, your statement could be worth 40 points on the Crackpot Index.
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html
Oh, MANY more points than that.

He's got 50 points on this one alone:

#37 "50 points for claiming you have a revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions."
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>SCP is the foundation for ground breaking discoveries and Syphon Pumps are among the first.
Still don't care Mikey.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, prove it. Prove it even exists. Let's see a link to this supposed "SCP theory". I did a Google search and came up with bupkis.
Do you even know what a theory is? If you don't know the meaning of a word it is easy to abuse it.
SCP (Systems, Cycles and Patterns) theory will stand the test of time.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

SCP (Systems, Cycles and Patterns) theory gives us a foundation for furthering scientific knowledge and for putting information gathered to practical use to develop inventions related to renewable energy.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok your ape. No biggy, by the way I'm man.
Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
SCP (Systems, Cycles and Patterns) theory gives us a foundation for furthering scientific knowledge and for putting information gathered to practical use to develop inventions related to renewable energy.
Is this the system where you repeat the same pattern in cycles hoping that the more you repeat it the greater the chance this crap will be believed?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
"SCP" is not a theory.

It's not even a good hypothesis.

And it's definitely NOT Science.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OH, there is plenty of proof for SCP theory, if they would admit it.
Show us the proof for your belief system.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
A car fits, Corn? Really don't forget the billions and billions and billions of years yet to come. Corn would not ever come to be? Kind of sinks evolution don't you think?
Water landing on rocks in just a few millions years created life, right?
Teosinte (corn) could not evolve into corn? Really?
You don't know plant breeding. You don't know botany. You don't know evolution. You don't know where your food comes from or the history of it.

There doesn't appear to be much that you do know. It is all very sad for you. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There are probably at least thirty people on these forum topix threads who have heard of it. SCPID Theory is what it most commonly goes by.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"SCP" is not a theory.
It must be a secret too. I couldn't find it on a Google search. Though I admit, I didn't go more than three pages into it.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know plant breeding. You don't know botany. You don't know evolution. You don't know where your food comes from or the history of it.
There doesn't appear to be much that you do know. It is all very sad for you. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
I would say he knows more than you. LMAO
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"SCP" is not a theory.
It is science because it explains how systems in nature work through carful exmination of the facts which are supported by repeated testing. The fact that systems work with interval of time during which a sequence of a recurring succession of events is completed does not change.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"Bible also says the Earth is flat, "
Known atheist lie. Disregarded.
Satan took the shape of a Lizard so you are incorrect here again. It was not a Lizard that was talking, it was an angel and there are many places in the Bible that claim angels can talk. This is no big deal for Christian because we know Gods word and not your words.[/QUOTE]

No, if you did not fail geometry it is demonstrably true. If you are an idiot you might not understand.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

SCP theory can be applied to a wide range of systems thinking and it is proven in circumstances where natural systems are involved. The principle of Systems, Cycles and Patterns can be supported with good reasoning and experimentation.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
SCP theory can be applied to a wide range of systems thinking and it is proven in circumstances where natural systems are involved. The principle of Systems, Cycles and Patterns can be supported with good reasoning and experimentation.
Again, saying that is not proof. Show us the experiments. Where are they published?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
SCP theory helps us to understand nature, by repeating experiments like with the modern Syphon Pump and the general principle that cycling produces a way of problem-solving.
So in other words, you have no idea how to use science at all.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
"Bible also says the Earth is flat, "
Known atheist lie. Disregarded.
Satan took the shape of a Lizard so you are incorrect here again. It was not a Lizard that was talking, it was an angel and there are many places in the Bible that claim angels can talk. This is no big deal for Christian because we know Gods word and not your words.[/QUOTE]yet the whole story you are quoting is a proven myth.

your cult lied to you...again...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••