Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216714 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88814 May 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something that christianity seem to think they are good at, hijacking or making up words to suite their own purposes. The word “Truthiness” is an early 21st century manifestation of this trait, it even shows up as a spelling error in my WP.
If you believe it to be true and you want it to be true then whether it is actually true or not decides if it is true or not, certainly no new made up word with change the facts.
It would be more honest (and here distorted christian morality comes into play) to say beliefiness but I suppose that does not sound as imposing as truthiness.
Note, morality is in general a human trait shared by some animals and even though christanity has hijacked the word to mean “we are better than you” makes no difference to the fact that morality was around a long time before christianity was a twinkle in Pantera’s eye.
event he wolves that share my land have morals...humans sometimes get a little full of themselves.(especially those that that think they were specially created by some god...)

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#88815 May 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>event he wolves that share my land have morals...humans sometimes get a little full of themselves.(especially those that that think they were specially created by some god...)
Both your points are true (lower case t)
FREE SERVANT
#88816 May 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how can you honestly say that when you know that this supposed 'word of god' has been proven to be lies repeatedly?
NO it hasn't!
FREE SERVANT
#88817 May 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it would. And you would be blissfully unaware of the difference between factual truth and lying Truth
Then you tell me where the idea of Systems, Cycles and Patterns theory is not the Truth. Do systems in nature have regular or repetitive form and order to an arrangement?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#88818 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>NO it hasn't!
It's a book of fairy tales and magical stories copied from older civilizations. It's no more real than "Aesop's Tales" or "Tales of The Arabian Nights".

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#88819 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then you tell me where the idea of Systems, Cycles and Patterns theory is not the Truth. Do systems in nature have regular or repetitive form and order to an arrangement?
I was only half kidding yesterday when I suggested you begin REALLY LEARNING about the abundance of knowledge already gathereed about "System" by reading the Wiki definition I provided: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System

You seem to be fixated on the idea that YOU are endowed with a profound understanding of "Systems", "Cycles" and "Patterns" and that the rest of humanity has yet to fathom the wisdom that ONLY YOU possess.

Do you also challenge Emril Lagasse and Rachel Ray to a culinary competition using your 'Easy-Bake Oven'?

I hate to break it to you, but you are NOT an authority on the subjects (note PLURAL) of systems, cycles, or patterns. You have nothing new, unique or of a philosophicaly penetrating insight on these topics.

You have "taught" us nothing, you have nothing new to teach.

Orlando

#88820 May 9, 2013
I would hasten to add to my previous post that you are likely LESS educated in those subjects (and most probably quite a few other subjects) than the rest of the RATIONAL posters on these threads.

St. Croix valley

#88821 May 9, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only half kidding yesterday when I suggested you begin REALLY LEARNING about the abundance of knowledge already gathereed about "System" by reading the Wiki definition I provided: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System
You seem to be fixated on the idea that YOU are endowed with a profound understanding of "Systems", "Cycles" and "Patterns" and that the rest of humanity has yet to fathom the wisdom that ONLY YOU possess.
Do you also challenge Emril Lagasse and Rachel Ray to a culinary competition using your 'Easy-Bake Oven'?
I hate to break it to you, but you are NOT an authority on the subjects (note PLURAL) of systems, cycles, or patterns. You have nothing new, unique or of a philosophicaly penetrating insight on these topics.
sounds like Infinite Force....

St. Croix valley

#88822 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>NO it hasn't!
yes, in fact it has and you know it.

and so many parts of the bible that haven't been proven to be outright lies are so morally reprehensible as to make any rational, moral person shun that cult like the plague with AIDS and a nasty little sinus infection to boot all rolled into one...

Orlando

#88823 May 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like Infinite Force....
...who is, of course a nominee for 'FSTDT' posts of the millenium.

Probably.
Patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

#88824 May 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately not available to any living person on Earth.
It is availible at a bookstore near you, in 1611 your King James had it translated into the English language.
Patriot

Mount Juliet, TN

#88825 May 9, 2013
B- basic
I-instruction
B-before
L-leaving
E-earth

St. Croix valley

#88826 May 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
B- basic
I-instruction
B-before
L-leaving
E-earth
you mean the book full of proven lies and horrid moral guidance?

you need a better owners manual.
FREE SERVANT
#88827 May 9, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>It's a book of fairy tales and magical stories copied from older civilizations. It's no more real than "Aesop's Tales" or "Tales of The Arabian Nights".
What are Darwins tales if not wild stories?

St. Croix valley

#88828 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What are Darwins tales if not wild stories?
factual studies of real world species. you can actually go and repeat his studies. in fact, others came up with the same theories independently at the same time.
FREE SERVANT
#88829 May 9, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? If I put together a good theory that has unity and it has a number of problem-solving strategies, then it is up to the smart people to try and prove it is not correct and reject it if they can.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#88830 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really? If I put together a good theory that has unity and it has a number of problem-solving strategies, then it is up to the smart people to try and prove it is not correct and reject it if they can.

Go for it. So far, you only commented on your observations of systems, cycles and patterns. No theory. No testable predictions. No anything.

Better get busy.
FREE SERVANT
#88831 May 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>factual studies of real world species. you can actually go and repeat his studies. in fact, others came up with the same theories independently at the same time.
How can so many people misconstrue the truth about nature?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88832 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You can give us something on this concept, it is open to everyone.
As I thought.

Nothing.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88833 May 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I will teach the truth as best I can.
Seriously, you're playing to the wrong skill set.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Richardfs 48,556
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 8 hr Timmee 9
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr Into The Night 23,503
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 14 hr scientia potentia... 154,689
Science News (Sep '13) 14 hr _Susan_ 3,985
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... Sun The Northener 642
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Dec 3 Aura Mytha 179,707
More from around the web