Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88157 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Aah, you are an idiot.
This is the difference, Sz, between you and I ...
While I disagree with you, I don't call you, nor do I
feel that you are, an "idiot".

You are free to believe I'm an idiot if you choose - that
is your choice, and God given right.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88158 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Job stated (28:26): "God made decrees [rules] for the rain. And He set a way for the lightning of the thunder:" Centuries later, scientists began to discern the "rules for the rain" that Job talked about. Rainfall is part of a process called the water cycle. Here’s how the cycle works. The sun evaporates water from the ocean. That water vapor rises and becomes clouds. This water in the clouds falls back to earth as rain, collects in streams and rivers and makes its way back to the ocean. That process repeats itself again and again.
About 300 years ago, Galileo discovered this cycle. But amazingly the Scriptures described this cycle centuries before. The prophet Amos (9:6) wrote that God "calls for the water of the sea. He pours them out on the land." How did Amos know this? He wrote as he was moved by the Spirit of God.
If you want to read more about science in the Bible... you can do so at this link:
http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text....
yet the bible said it didn't rain until the noachian flood, and that is a proven falsehood. how could your god, or any god for that matter get that wrong?

your cult lied to you....again....
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88159 Apr 28, 2013
Perhaps the real reason you guys can't find evidence for God is for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.
You aren't genuinely looking.

:)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88160 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - you continue to say you'll show me "evidence" -
So - can you show me or tell me?
Yes, I can. I need to know if it is worth my time.

That is why I need you to admit that you are a very ignorant person when it comes to evolution. Later on you made a comment that there is not any evidence for evolution. Anyone who says that is either incredibly ignorant or a liar. If you are a liar and will continue to lie there is no point in me giving you evidence now is there.

I told you that most creationists that I have seen tend to lie for Jesus. Are you are liar for Jesus? He does not need your lies.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88161 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the difference, Sz, between you and I ...
While I disagree with you, I don't call you, nor do I
feel that you are, an "idiot".
You are free to believe I'm an idiot if you choose - that
is your choice, and God given right.
No, this is not a matter of disagreement. You made an incredibly stupid statement. In fact you made a libelous statement about all of the working biologists and geologists in the world.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88162 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
lol cute webpage entry -
However - all of these links appear to be simply baseless "theories" from secular men who are attempting to explain away God.
The Bible, on the other hand, is a time tested historical account of mankind's history throughout the centuries - BC and AD.
It's also worth noting that the Bible has yet to be wrong regarding prophetic events written in those pages. Do you realize just how many prophecies have already been fulfilled? So many it goes beyond mere coincidence - and He's not done fulfilling them either.
Actually? You guys are mentioned in prophecy - it talks all through the Bible about non believers - and how they will be running to and fro in the end days with their unbeliefs and mocking of Him and His Word. And, it talks, in pretty clear detail, about how God will destroy them at the end.
You guys visit Vegas much? Because it would appear you are high risk gamblers.
no, they are based on verifiable, reproduceable evidence.

your bible on the other hand, is full of mostly inaccurate statements, as you have been shown, but cannot accept as truth.

denying facts in front of your face is not a healthy mindset. it is a clear sign of cult indoctrination.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88163 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd say it's impressive - for the Bible to explain the oceans and water cycles 3000 years before mankind/science caught up with it - should be impressive to most people.
From the dawn of time, mankind has noticed that it rains, then the foggy damp mist rises and burns off etc. There is nothing remarkable about the passages you cite. It certainly doesn't even APPROACH a scientific description of WHAT happens and HOW and WHY it happens.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88165 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Perhaps the real reason you guys can't find evidence for God is for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.
Too bad that you do not understand what is and what is not evidence. If you did you could give us the evidence that you claim is out there. I can help you to understand what is and what is not scientific evidence so you will not say anything as foolish as "There is no evidence for evolution."

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88166 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd say it's impressive - for the Bible to explain the oceans and water cycles 3000 years before mankind/science caught up with it - should be impressive to most people.
Except that the bible didn't explain anything of the sort.

Just says "However it works, Goddidit."

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#88167 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming you were raised in a catholic environment, then. Sorry for that because the catholic church is evil at its core - my opinion.
First - the only man who can forgive sin is Jesus Christ - not a secular earthly priest/preacher/pastor/etc.
Second - you don't use idols to pray to or with - i.e. rosary beads.
Third - the Bible does not prohibit church elders to marry - in fact, it says, paraphrasing - if you can't control your urges, it's best to marry rather than burn in sin.
Fourth - "Mary" was Jesus's mother while he was on earth - she is not a goddess, god nor deity. Her (stone statue) feet should not be kissed nor should she (stone statue) be worshiped or prayed to.
Fifth - the pope's blood ritual he does using the blood of a dead pope. Do I really need to explain the wrong in that? lol
And the list goes on and on......... the catholic church is a poor example of a Christ following "church".
Wait, what's that fifth one again?
KJV

United States

#88168 Apr 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever just stop, stand back, and look at that story and realize how stupid it is??

Its kindergarten stuff....you know like how the people who wrote it are at level with.
"Did you ever just stop, stand back, and look at that story and realize how stupid it is??"

I know what you mean.
The Big Bang
Spontaneous self generating life form
Evolution all life plant and animal coming out of a mud puddle.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#88169 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming you were raised in a catholic environment, then. Sorry for that because the catholic church is evil at its core - my opinion.
First - the only man who can forgive sin is Jesus Christ - not a secular earthly priest/preacher/pastor/etc.
Third - the Bible does not prohibit church elders to marry - in fact, it says, paraphrasing - if you can't control your urges, it's best to marry rather than burn in sin.
Fourth - "Mary" was Jesus's mother while he was on earth - she is not a goddess, god nor deity. Her (stone statue) feet should not be kissed nor should she (stone statue) be worshiped or prayed to.
Fifth - the pope's blood ritual he does using the blood of a dead pope. Do I really need to explain the wrong in that? lol
And the list goes on and on......... the catholic church is a poor example of a Christ following "church".
You do realize (at your own peril) that with the assertion the Catholic faith is evil, that all other denominations sprang from evil. So while you may prove it is so, you will in effect shoot yourself in the head in the process.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#88170 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion means nothing.
ViaDolorosa wrote:
First thing you misunderstand
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Second mistake. The rosary is not an idol.
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Paraphrasing! So now you're an expert on decoding the word of god. Congratulations on your promotion from doofus.
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Fourth - "Mary" was Jesus's mother while he was on earth - she is not a goddess, god nor deity.
Nor does the RCC calim she is.
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Her (stone statue) feet should not be kissed nor should she (stone statue) be worshiped or prayed to.
WTF?
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Yeah, you will. Including where you got that tidbit.
ViaDolorosa wrote:
I disagree. It is the arrogant fundamentalists who think they are better than everyone else and are in a position to judge all. It is you and your ilk that is disgusting.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88171 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! That's right! It didn't rain before Noah. Duh.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88172 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Did you ever just stop, stand back, and look at that story and realize how stupid it is??"
I know what you mean.
The Big Bang
Poor KJV, another idiot for Jesus. Most people can be educated. Some people cannot be. They keep themselves willfully ignorant.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88173 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Blah, blah, blah.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88174 Apr 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, what's that fifth one again?
Seriously!

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#88175 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean.
The Big Bang
You believe in Poof of the Universe and Poof of Life. Sooooo much more believable.
KJV

United States

#88177 Apr 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I have sin??

I am not a sinner.
Wrong.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88178 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so the angels do not know god's plan? really?
Yeah, and what';s more, this snooty Jesus of their, who cannot abide sin and will not have any of it in his Holy Heaven discovered a bit too late that 1/3 of all the angels in his Holy Heaven were turning against him and plotting, etc.

Some dumbo, this God of theirs, isn't he? LOL

And by the way, this story, which they all believe, isn't even in the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need clarification on evolution 29 min Chimney1 17
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 30 min replaytime 173,975
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 32 min Chimney1 358
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 39 min Chimney1 137,109
New review critical of "Origins" 1 hr The Dude 37
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 11 hr susanblange 70
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 13 hr Strel 11
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••