Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205200 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#88205 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware that men commit sins with that scripture. However I don't worship men or church. When the Bible is talking about stoning witches it's talking about real practicing witches in the very real occult. Witches that burnt their children to death in sacrifices to Satan.
Your argument is like claiming stop signs should be removed because so many accident happen around them.
You need to see and accept that the so called 'witches' of the Dark Ages were not baby killers. Baby killing/burning was essentially a thing that happened pre-Christ,the witch hunts that we are talking about was from about 600 to 900 AD and was initiated by the Church.

The Church thought that there actually was real witches (we know of course that in truth there are NO real witches) and they started killing. It was a VERY shameful thing the Church did, and hundreds of thousands of innocent people, mostly women, died.

And for the record there are no real witches, real witches defined as someone who has supernatural powers. NO one has EVER had supernatural powers in the Looooong history of mankind.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88207 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"the god of your cult is a proven myth. and there is no magic. you cannot deny these facts honestly"
List the proof.
i have so many times. you know it is the truth, you just cannot bring yourself out of your cult indoctrination to admit it.

St. Croix valley

#88208 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
why can you not give these proofs you say you have?

i have listed my proofs over and over again for you upon request. why can you not do the same?

it is because this is another one of your continuous lies.

instead of the proof you say you have, you could just show one post you have put up that isn't a lie...
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88209 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the bible said it didn't rain until the noachian flood, and that is a proven falsehood. how could your god, or any god for that matter get that wrong?
your cult lied to you....again....
You might want to re-research the flood - just sayin'......
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88210 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta honestly ask yourself -- what would believing in God, and His Bible, change in your life.
Well, we'd have to shut off out minds and discard our "God-given" brains in order to believe the nonsense you spout about both science AND the Bible's theology.

And I had have to embrace a whole lot of bigotries and hates that now give me the willies -- things you espouse, for example: anti-Catholic bigotry, sick, hateful lies about gay people. etc.

In other words, "believing in God, and His Bible" as you claim to would make me instantly a much less ethical and loving and a much worse, more hateful, more evil human being. And why would I want that? More to the point, why would YOU want that kind of feather in your cap when you stand in front of Jesus and explain what the %$#@ you thought you were doing here on Topix?

St. Croix valley

#88211 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, it never happened in human times, or anywhere near humans times on Earth. proven fact.

your dippy sites trying to prove the bible correct have all been gone through.

proven fact, your cult lied to you.. again...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88212 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Sz, you said that 'adults make their own decisions'- but did you stop to think that unless *you* came up with the whole evolution theory, then *you*(an adult) are following behind someone else's idea.
Just sayin'...
The difference between yo and us is that YOU take what you spout on faith since it was programmed into you by Pastor Billy Bob or Mummy and Daddy.

WE, however, can take the scientific research that demonstrates or "proves" evolution and look over it, replicate the experiments, try to find holes in them, etc.

It's called the peer-review process, and despite 150 years of rigorous peer-review attempts to dislodge or disprove the tenets of the theory of Evolution, it has stood the test and become the backbone of the modern life sciences.
KJV

United States

#88213 Apr 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You got proof all species existed at the same time?
After creating Adam, God paraded animals before him "to see what he would call them" (Genesis 2:19). The Scripture records that Adam's animal names stuck, which may indicate the names were more than titles in that they accurately described the animals.
KJV

United States

#88214 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>proof that the creation event as described didn't happen.

your cult lied to you...again....you know, the cult you continually, repeatedly lie about being in, and then spew their bible word for word..that cult.

why do you have to continually lie about your cult? have you ever posted on true comment?
Let us see your claim.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#88215 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup that's our job!
Bet you didn't know that God came to us and said hey you guys I have a job for you. I want you to go to places like Topix and decide who is a Christian for me.
Cross my heart that's how it happened!!!
So you DO decide who is a real Christian, and YOUR particular denomination is the only true one??

St. Croix valley

#88216 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
weren't you the one that posted about Dr. Ballard looking for the Ark?(when he was doing no such thing...)

i hate to be rude, but you generally have no idea at all what you are talking about or, apparantly what you are even reading.

perhaps it is best if you let the cults think for you...just keep it in your tax subsidized church, won't you dear?
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88217 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, they are based on verifiable, reproduceable evidence.
your bible on the other hand, is full of mostly inaccurate statements, as you have been shown, but cannot accept as truth.
denying facts in front of your face is not a healthy mindset. it is a clear sign of cult indoctrination.
Okay - then show me some of that ""verifiable, reproduceable, evidence".

I just want to see one example of proof that humans evolved from anything other than God.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88218 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is just my point - there are millions of people who "claim" to be Christians but do so in name only.
Yes, and we are quite pointedly certain that YOU are one of these people, all of your priggish self-righteousness aside.
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mankind, in his ever present power hunger, always wants to be better than the other one - richer than the other one - more famous than the other one --- so he began creating all of these 'religions'- to set his group apart from the "others" -for the purpose of vanity, greed and power.
And your particular brand of late-blooming 19th century Christian heresy known as Protestant fundamentalist Christianity is a PRIME EXAMPLE of this.

You seem to be saying that you don't have a religion, you have a relationship, but this is nothing other than a tawdry, easily-refuted bit of self-serving religious dogma put forward by the leaders of your fundamentalist Christian RELIGION.

In fact, every point you have made in your mawkish fundamentalist proselytizing in the past two days is a theological cliché put forward by the leaders of your non-denom Protestant Christianity.

THAT is your religion. And any claim that you do not follow a religion is specious nonsense.
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88219 Apr 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion means nothing.
<quoted text>
First thing you misunderstand
<quoted text>
Second mistake. The rosary is not an idol.
<quoted text>
Paraphrasing! So now you're an expert on decoding the word of god. Congratulations on your promotion from doofus.
<quoted text>
Nor does the RCC calim she is.
<quoted text>
WTF?
<quoted text>
Yeah, you will. Including where you got that tidbit.
<quoted text>
I disagree. It is the arrogant fundamentalists who think they are better than everyone else and are in a position to judge all. It is you and your ilk that is disgusting.
You appear to be, like most atheists, only looking for an argument - not a debate, nor the truth. The Bible says not to argue with "fools" - therefore, I won't allow you to engage me into your argument.

St. Croix valley

#88220 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us see your claim.
humans didn't come from adam and eve. proven fact.

animals species keep popping up in the history of the earth, they were not all created at once by your cult's god.

your cult lied to you...again...
KJV

United States

#88221 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the truth. why can you not provide this proof if it is such an old lie?

your cult lied to you....again...
Your assignment Jim, should you decide to except it is to look up the meaning of the following words so you can start using them correctly.

Fact
Proof
Proven
Lie
Truth
Cult

This posting will self destruct in 5 seconds........ Humm .... Ah come on destruct already ......

Well maybe not......

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88222 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you might want to watch a video by a real geologist that makes mincemeat of that nonsense:

KJV

United States

#88223 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Poor KJV, another idiot for Jesus. Most people can be educated. Some people cannot be. They keep themselves willfully ignorant.
Yes the Bible talks about people being willing ignorant. You know people like you.

St. Croix valley

#88224 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay - then show me some of that ""verifiable, reproduceable, evidence".
I just want to see one example of proof that humans evolved from anything other than God.
how about the clear fossil record of primates moving from more apelike to more human like on our families' branch of evolution.

one missing link after the other. you can actually look at the fossils online if you like...even other species of hominids that we interbred with that you god didn't even mention creating..how does that work?

of course, you god is a proven myth, and there is no evidence for any non-mythical god, gods, or goddesses ever. not one shred.
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88225 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I have, it never happened in human times, or anywhere near humans times on Earth. proven fact.
your dippy sites trying to prove the bible correct have all been gone through.
proven fact, your cult lied to you.. again...
And you, as well, Woodtick, aren't looking for answers or the truth - just an argument.
I just can't figure out why non believers are so angry all the time - always using the same old spin words, i.e. lie, myth, prove it, and others.
But then I remember how satan is wasting no time in seeking to devour the souls that allow him to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Aura Mytha 43,310
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 18,592
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 6 hr ChristineM 917
Questions about first life 9 hr Upright Scientist 18
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 9 hr Dogen 151,492
Carbon and isotopic dating are a lie Sat One way or another 16
evolution is correct. prove me wrong (Jul '15) Sat FallenGeologist 35
More from around the web