Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#88195 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Again a old lie. Nothing ever new offered from this broken record.
no, the truth. why can you not provide this proof if it is such an old lie?

your cult lied to you....again...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88196 Apr 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously!
That'n made me go *blink*.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#88197 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
No, you are wrong....I live a sin free life.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88198 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Evolution has not one iota of evidence - none, zilch, nadda.
It would take more faith to believe in evolution than God - if you guys would just stop and think about it.
Look for the book "Why Evolution is True" by Jerry Coyne in your local library. His book totally refutes what you are saying here and shows you step by step how evolution is working, and has been working, for over 3 billion years, here on earth.

You are doing nothing but repeating stuff you read on Christian sites.

You have no idea how the real world works.

You do no research on any site that appears to be scientific.

You are actually clueless

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88199 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Sub.
He was not one of us.
Denial. You cannot decide what religion a man has, only that man can. And according to Hitler he was one of you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88201 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted with links.
I didn't write it.<snip>
Atheism is in decline.
Oops, my mistake. You still posted the wrong poll results.

You should know that was not the most recent poll. This is the most recent poll, and it debunks all of your claims:

http://redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/201...

Atheism in the U.S. is 6% and growing. Worldwide 13% of the population considers themselves to be convinced atheists.

In the U.S. if you add the atheists to those who have no religion or are agnostic and you have 20% of the populaton.
KJV

United States

#88202 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure it is.

the god of your cult is a proven myth. and there is no magic. you cannot deny these facts honestly.
"the god of your cult is a proven myth. and there is no magic. you cannot deny these facts honestly"

List the proof.
KJV

United States

#88203 Apr 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You got proof all species existed at the same time?
Yup.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#88204 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Lying for Jesus is still lying. Breaking the Ninth Commandment is a sin for Christians.

You know you have nothing.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88205 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware that men commit sins with that scripture. However I don't worship men or church. When the Bible is talking about stoning witches it's talking about real practicing witches in the very real occult. Witches that burnt their children to death in sacrifices to Satan.
Your argument is like claiming stop signs should be removed because so many accident happen around them.
You need to see and accept that the so called 'witches' of the Dark Ages were not baby killers. Baby killing/burning was essentially a thing that happened pre-Christ,the witch hunts that we are talking about was from about 600 to 900 AD and was initiated by the Church.

The Church thought that there actually was real witches (we know of course that in truth there are NO real witches) and they started killing. It was a VERY shameful thing the Church did, and hundreds of thousands of innocent people, mostly women, died.

And for the record there are no real witches, real witches defined as someone who has supernatural powers. NO one has EVER had supernatural powers in the Looooong history of mankind.

St. Croix valley

#88207 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"the god of your cult is a proven myth. and there is no magic. you cannot deny these facts honestly"
List the proof.
i have so many times. you know it is the truth, you just cannot bring yourself out of your cult indoctrination to admit it.

St. Croix valley

#88208 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
why can you not give these proofs you say you have?

i have listed my proofs over and over again for you upon request. why can you not do the same?

it is because this is another one of your continuous lies.

instead of the proof you say you have, you could just show one post you have put up that isn't a lie...
ViaDolorosa

Columbus, GA

#88209 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the bible said it didn't rain until the noachian flood, and that is a proven falsehood. how could your god, or any god for that matter get that wrong?
your cult lied to you....again....
You might want to re-research the flood - just sayin'......
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88210 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta honestly ask yourself -- what would believing in God, and His Bible, change in your life.
Well, we'd have to shut off out minds and discard our "God-given" brains in order to believe the nonsense you spout about both science AND the Bible's theology.

And I had have to embrace a whole lot of bigotries and hates that now give me the willies -- things you espouse, for example: anti-Catholic bigotry, sick, hateful lies about gay people. etc.

In other words, "believing in God, and His Bible" as you claim to would make me instantly a much less ethical and loving and a much worse, more hateful, more evil human being. And why would I want that? More to the point, why would YOU want that kind of feather in your cap when you stand in front of Jesus and explain what the %$#@ you thought you were doing here on Topix?

St. Croix valley

#88211 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, it never happened in human times, or anywhere near humans times on Earth. proven fact.

your dippy sites trying to prove the bible correct have all been gone through.

proven fact, your cult lied to you.. again...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#88212 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
Sz, you said that 'adults make their own decisions'- but did you stop to think that unless *you* came up with the whole evolution theory, then *you*(an adult) are following behind someone else's idea.
Just sayin'...
The difference between yo and us is that YOU take what you spout on faith since it was programmed into you by Pastor Billy Bob or Mummy and Daddy.

WE, however, can take the scientific research that demonstrates or "proves" evolution and look over it, replicate the experiments, try to find holes in them, etc.

It's called the peer-review process, and despite 150 years of rigorous peer-review attempts to dislodge or disprove the tenets of the theory of Evolution, it has stood the test and become the backbone of the modern life sciences.
KJV

United States

#88213 Apr 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You got proof all species existed at the same time?
After creating Adam, God paraded animals before him "to see what he would call them" (Genesis 2:19). The Scripture records that Adam's animal names stuck, which may indicate the names were more than titles in that they accurately described the animals.
KJV

United States

#88214 Apr 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>proof that the creation event as described didn't happen.

your cult lied to you...again....you know, the cult you continually, repeatedly lie about being in, and then spew their bible word for word..that cult.

why do you have to continually lie about your cult? have you ever posted on true comment?
Let us see your claim.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#88215 Apr 28, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup that's our job!
Bet you didn't know that God came to us and said hey you guys I have a job for you. I want you to go to places like Topix and decide who is a Christian for me.
Cross my heart that's how it happened!!!
So you DO decide who is a real Christian, and YOUR particular denomination is the only true one??

St. Croix valley

#88216 Apr 28, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
weren't you the one that posted about Dr. Ballard looking for the Ark?(when he was doing no such thing...)

i hate to be rude, but you generally have no idea at all what you are talking about or, apparantly what you are even reading.

perhaps it is best if you let the cults think for you...just keep it in your tax subsidized church, won't you dear?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... 1 hr In Six Days 625
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr SoE 48,383
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 5 hr Porkncheese 179,706
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 5 hr Porkncheese 6
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 11 hr scientia potentia... 154,610
Science News (Sep '13) 20 hr _Susan_ 3,980
News Does Mike Pence Believe in Evolution? Thu scientia potentia... 9
More from around the web