Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 172077 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88016 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>While I think on't, who believes in the Antichrist? Apart from Christians, I mean?
catholics, mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.

I think the islamic "religion" also believes in an antichrist? I think - not sure.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88017 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, they weren't murdering a child. They were killing a demon. Ask them. I can assure you that is what they believed they were doing.
Why do you think that God fearing Christians would kill a baby?
Satan. He is the reason behind all of the confusion and evil in the world - just as he has always been.

Like the parents who withhold doctors care from their children - for their "religion".
drink The hive

New York, NY

#88019 Apr 27, 2013
Careful Though - It Can Become An Obsession...

http://sacrilegioussunday.com/wp-content/uplo...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88020 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno how many they are - or have been - or will be. But I do know that the Bible says that there will be more of us going to hell than to Heaven. It says that the path to hell is wide - but the gate to Heaven is narrow and to choose the narrow gate.
Not all "Christians" will be going to Heaven - the Bible tells us that even satan believes in Jesus - and trembles at His Word. So it's not enough for people to "just" believe in God - they have to, as they Bible says, pick up the cross and follow Him.
So, Satan is dumber than a equivalent mass of falling masonry - seems he hasn't read the end of the book.

And that's the Great Adversary?

Doesn't say much about the wit of your deity, does it?

Sherlock Holmes had Moriarty - you've got Howdy Doody.

Oh, how many Christians in the world today?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88021 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
.
God isn't evil - it is us/mankind that is evil - but He will, does and will again - bring His wrath against those who go against Him. Since it's His house, it's His house rules.:)
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah.(emphasis mine, for the underliterate.)
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88022 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, Satan is dumber than a equivalent mass of falling masonry - seems he hasn't read the end of the book.
And that's the Great Adversary?
Doesn't say much about the wit of your deity, does it?
Sherlock Holmes had Moriarty - you've got Howdy Doody.
Oh, how many Christians in the world today?
.
God has already dealt with satan - and sentenced him. But He is allowing him to test us to see who is going to follow him -and who is going to follow Him/God.
How many Christians are in the world? I have no idea - I never counted them.:)
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88023 Apr 27, 2013
And on the contrary - satan is extremely clever. He's got millions and millions, probably billions? wrapped around his lit'l finger.

He has society today so confused - and once he gets people confused, half of his battle is won.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#88024 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
catholics, mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.
I think the islamic "religion" also believes in an antichrist? I think - not sure.
Aaand you don't see the commonality?

Really?
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88025 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah.(emphasis mine, for the underliterate.)
.
.
That isn't to say He is an "evil" God - but He can create "evil" if and when He so chooses. i.e to deal with evil on this earth - and also, He uses mankind's evil to His good and glory.

And - His ways are not our ways - lest we should brag.:)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#88026 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
.
God isn't evil - it is us/mankind that is evil - but He will, does and will again - bring His wrath against those who go against Him. Since it's His house, it's His house rules.:)
Your god is evil.

Why can't religious nuts use logic and analyze their claims?

And at the end of your post you all but admit that your god is evil.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88027 Apr 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Aaand you don't see the commonality?
Really?
.
"I" don't - but you might.

There are people who claim to be Christians who commit all sorts of evil out in this world. Does that mean they are Christian and are following God and His Word? Apparently not - not if they have chosen to commit an evil act(s).

There are preachers out here that kill their wives - are they following God and His Word? Of course not.
.
Told you - satan is extremely deceptive.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88028 Apr 27, 2013
Understand that "I" don't have all the answers to the Bible - and I don't claim to. None of us ever will - least not on this planet. But I've learned one thing for myself - if you pray and ask Jesus to open up your mind so that you can understand more of His Word, He will do it for you.

But if you just flip through the Bible trying to track down questionable content or verses you can use on online forums against believers, well, then He won't allow you to understand the words in there.
Remember - God will not be mocked.:)
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88029 Apr 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is evil.
Why can't religious nuts use logic and analyze their claims?
And at the end of your post you all but admit that your god is evil.
lol I don't see myself as a "religious nut" - a nut, yes, at times. But far from a "religious nut".

Now I'm hungry for cashews.:(
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88030 Apr 27, 2013
All of us are sinners - me, you, our neighbors, congress, celebrities, etc - NONE of us will ever be perfect until Jesus comes back. And then those who chose to pick up the Cross and follow Him, will be free of all worldly sin and evil - but the ones who chose not to pick up that Cross - well, their fate will be sealed, I'm afraid.

That's not what "I" say - but what God says. I think God is looking for commitment - not perfection since none of us can ever achieve that in our earthly bodies. But we can't just live in an "anything goes" kind of world and expect to be rewarded with Heaven. It just doesn't work that way.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88031 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
.
No - what is detrimental is going to be the end days, like we are now in - and Jesus returning and millions and millions and millions of non believers, and self professed Christians (in name only) who are going to be devastated to learn they are out of time.
It's always funny when you people claim it's the "end of days," yet, ironically, all of the "signs" of this time are ... not happening. Tell us, what "signs" are actually coming true without the force of christian believers acting on them?
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88032 Apr 27, 2013
Hey - if Brian Welch of Korn can be saved, then anyone can.
:)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88033 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
All of us are sinners - me, you, our neighbors, congress, celebrities, etc - NONE of us will ever be perfect until Jesus comes back. And then those who chose to pick up the Cross and follow Him, will be free of all worldly sin and evil - but the ones who chose not to pick up that Cross - well, their fate will be sealed, I'm afraid.
That's not what "I" say - but what God says. I think God is looking for commitment - not perfection since none of us can ever achieve that in our earthly bodies. But we can't just live in an "anything goes" kind of world and expect to be rewarded with Heaven. It just doesn't work that way.
Typical snake oil sales pitch, you cannot live without this magical elixir, so buy it before it's too late.
ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88034 Apr 27, 2013
Andddddd.......... Alice Cooper now says he is a Christian.

ViaDolorosa

Cumming, GA

#88035 Apr 27, 2013
Ex BLACK SABBATH singer JEFF FENHOLT - also now a Christian - wow.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#88036 Apr 27, 2013
ViaDolorosa wrote:
<quoted text>
.
"I" don't - but you might.
There are people who claim to be Christians who commit all sorts of evil out in this world. Does that mean they are Christian and are following God and His Word? Apparently not - not if they have chosen to commit an evil act(s).
There are preachers out here that kill their wives - are they following God and His Word? Of course not.
.
Told you - satan is extremely deceptive.
So you like using the no true Scotsman fallacy. You are way too easy to bring your ignorance to light, way too easy. Are you new to the internet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 11 min Zog Has-fallen 311
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Paul Porter1 142,844
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Thinking 20,749
Evolutionists are monkeys 10 hr Zog Has-fallen 11
What Motives Created Social Darwinism? Mon Zog Has-fallen 1
Simulated Evolution in a Computer Program Mon Zog Has-fallen 2
Cartier brand luxury bangle cartier watch on il... Mon Dopy 1
More from around the web