Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87739 Apr 26, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
= Infinity of Creation + Evolution
Hmmm! Infinity falls under which context?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87741 Apr 26, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do you have to compliment your theory.
Thanks for that question. Baseless assertions and nothing more.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87742 Apr 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
it's pointless, Mike. he's even worse than chuckie.(i know, that's hard to believe.) but My Portal will not just deny the facts you provide, he will deny that you ever even posted it. over and over again...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#87743 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's pointless, Mike. he's even worse than chuckie.(i know, that's hard to believe.) but My Portal will not just deny the facts you provide, he will deny that you ever even posted it. over and over again...
No doubt. That's the second one I've posed in answer to his question. He ignored the first one so I'm sure you are right that he will ignore the second.

But it is reassuring to confirm the dishonesty.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#87744 Apr 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for that question. Baseless assertions and nothing more.
He/She is beginning to be a joke. He/She keeps making all these empty assertions and when ask to back them up with links and proof, they claim they already have. It claims he is a conservative but no one else is, but can't explain what the difference are. He/She either has an unhealthy imagination or is about a bubble off plumb. Wasting time with this type is just that, a waste. Liberals always push for power over others, they have no principle to stand on.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#87745 Apr 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt. That's the second one I've posed in answer to his question. He ignored the first one so I'm sure you are right that he will ignore the second.
But it is reassuring to confirm the dishonesty.
Oh my, the buddy system. Perhaps you can provide the links or post numbers to his proof since you are claiming they are real also.

St. Croix valley

#87746 Apr 26, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>
He/She is beginning to be a joke. He/She keeps making all these empty assertions and when ask to back them up with links and proof, they claim they already have. It claims he is a conservative but no one else is, but can't explain what the difference are. He/She either has an unhealthy imagination or is about a bubble off plumb. Wasting time with this type is just that, a waste. Liberals always push for power over others, they have no principle to stand on.
see what i mean? proven.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#87747 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since elements don't have wills, no.
However, can chemical reactions eventually lead to the formation of living organisms? Yes, since living organisms are actually continuous chemical reactions it's perfectly logical that we are the result of those same chemical reactions. Since all evidence suggests this, it is rational to assume such a sequence of reactions that can occur naturally must exist.
Do you have anymore stupid questions?
You continually lying she bitch,..( can chemical reactions eventually lead to the formation of living organisms? yes) all you have for that opinion is your delusions, no evidence, not observed , not tested and not repeated,just a belief system that you must support.So much for science,ha,ha,.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#87748 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds more plausible than a creator that we know doesn't exist...
Yeah sure it does ha,ha,ha.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#87749 Apr 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but we have our fingers crossed..:-)
Which proves my point, you have everything tied up in this belief because your worldview is at stake, you HAVE to have it be true. Not because any evidence has lead you there
bohart

White Pine, TN

#87750 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds more plausible than a creator that we know doesn't exist...
You have to believe in it, not because of any evidence that leads you to, but because it supports your beliefs.

St. Croix valley

#87751 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sure it does ha,ha,ha.
you are saying a proven myth is plausible? really?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#87752 Apr 26, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, the buddy system. Perhaps you can provide the links or post numbers to his proof since you are claiming they are real also.
I posted answers to your question twice. You saw them. As predicted by the LAW of Fundy Dishonesty, you ignored them rather than addressing them.

Imagine my shock.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#87753 Apr 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>see what i mean? proven.
Yep.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#87754 Apr 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that randomly scattered elements can self assemble into the proper proportions, at the proper time and place and then erupt into life?
Out of all the technology today, the one thing that has always fascinated me was the television. How, back in the early 30ís man had the intelligence to transfer radio waves into moving images on the screen. The way they were able to actually aim and control a stream of electrons with such precision, exciting each individual pixel into a calculated glow to project an image on a screen. Truly an amazing feat. Yet, we have this feat due to the evolution of our own intelligence. Television, although quite miraculous, was not given to us by God. It was a feat achieved by an evolving man, who over time moved from the sludge to a single cell to man, from whacking two stones together to walking on the moon. Man has evolved over this time to bring us these feats, not God. Granted God may be part of the big picture as a higher force which is part of the universal fabric, bbut he can not be the sole motive of who we are today. We are who we are because of evolution.

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#87755 Apr 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm! Infinity falls under which context?
Fundie I presume?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#87756 Apr 26, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie I presume?
Oooh yeah.

Rabid.

St. Croix valley

#87757 Apr 26, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie I presume?
oh...that doesn't even begin to explain chuckie's problems...

he'd need to climb back up to the edge of sanity and take a day's hike to get back to just being a fundie...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87758 Apr 26, 2013
Mark wrote:
On the other point, establishment can be entirely in error.
Pity it's WAY beyond your ability to demonstrate.(shrug)
Mark wrote:
Yes I have presuppositions, but complexity doesn't arise in a mindless, self-driven system
False.

Of course you WERE given examples MONTHS ago. You couldn't deal with it then, you can't now. You won't in the future.

I'm afraid your incredulity and lack of education doth not an argument against science make.
Mark wrote:
Fantastic complexity, the closed system of the cell, proof of the Biblical major geologic events (like the Great Unconformity), history, archeology evidence, its all there and fits, outside of my faith.
There is ZERO evidence of your global flood. Unless you have solid objective scientific evidence that Sol is a binary system?

Didn't think so.
Mark wrote:
If my faith was empty
It is. That's why you ignore everything inconvenient and constantly lie for Jesus.

That's your problem bub.
Mark wrote:
And yes, Adam and Eve were real people, because the Bible states so in many places. As more clues come in, who know's what can happen next? Eve in the mDNA made some headlines, what will you say if Adam turns up, will your side change position again?
Adam has ALREADY turned up. Separated from Eve by THOUSANDS of years.

Not that the ACTUAL science that disproves you will stop you from trotting out a well known fundie lie.
Mark wrote:
Interesting that you use the term "paleoanthropologists " I remember not long ago Johansson was hoping one day it could be a "science", as all they had was bones to cover a pool table for all the transitionals, but now they have 1 1/2 tables and you are asking me to throw away my Bible. Sorry, no deal.
Actually we have the ENTIRE GEOLOGICAL COLUMN.

You have an old book that says that lizards and donkeys talk and the world is flat. Except the world isn't flat because the Bible is "literally" true except when it's not.

What's the "scientific theory" of IDC Mark?

Thought so.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#87759 Apr 26, 2013
Mark wrote:
anything that makes logical sense that accident-and-chance-mutations
Keep beating up that straw-man Mark. Your avoidance of reality is why you fail.
Mark wrote:
NO, thats your presupposition.
Not a presupposition - it's tested.
Mark wrote:
No part can be left out or we die and yes it's complex - again.
That's nice. How is complexity measured/quantified in an objective manner via the scientific method and how was the demarcation line between designed and non-designed determined?
Mark wrote:
If all these "fundies" you speak of can't explain something because it's complex? I don't get your point, are you hopeful the process can't be explained because it's too complex?
You don't get my point because you don't get education.
Mark wrote:
I need to call this off for now, more later - and yes i do spend time answering your rebuttals, dont see too many questions however.
All we need to know is what is the "scientific theory" of IDC. Instead all you do is repeat long rebutted creationist fallacies. I asked plenty of questions months ago and pointed out many of your flaws, yet you didn't actually spend a single second answering any of them. I see you are only continuing your tradition here of ignoring reality and further lying for Jesus so there is no reason to expect much of anything constructive from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Samuel Patre 170,008
Souls have weight .. 21 grams Experiment 1 hr Davidjayjordan 4
SEX did not EVOLVE (Nov '17) 2 hr Davidjayjordan 266
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 hr Into The Night 95,399
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 15 hr Dogen 113
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Thu andet1987 1,848
Beauty is the Lord's Golden Section Thu 15th Dalai Lama 14