Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216728 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#87321 Apr 22, 2013
I don't get it.
Why are you people in here talking this point to death still?

Isn't it a moot point now that we are creating our own evolution? I think the more important question that most scientists fail to ask themselves and answer is should we do it?!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#87322 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Which has nothing to do with the fact that you're, ahem, less than proficient in its use.
Also, you're dull.
Likewise. Since you are not English, English language is still not your strong suit.
Celtic English is strange to English English. It is vernacullar.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87323 Apr 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but since they make up less than 1/20th of our oil use, you claim that most of the raw materials used for the development of the US doesn't even come close in this particular raw material, does it? not even close...
not only has it been disproven that MOST of the Raw mkaterials used to build the US came from Africa, you have yet to find even ONE category in which that is true. not even one. not one.
your big flappy mouth wrote a check you brain, and the facts, couldn't cash.
The US is a nation rich in many natural resources, but Africa is a continent that contributed to the development of US and more to Europe.
Now answer my question, why do you import oils instead of exporting, when you have it in abundance?

Level 2

Location hidden

#87325 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfftt. Chuck has learned (or at least been told, which is not the same thing) that English has its origins in Germanic languages, Latin, Greek, French - damned near everything.
You are the one that needs proper education on linguistics.
All languages have one or more influences from other languages, English is not the only language with that form, Latin, Greek, French, German, etc, are also part of that.
Germanic language is not German, but includes English, German, Dutch, Danish, etc.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#87326 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The US is a nation rich in many natural resources, but Africa is a continent that contributed to the development of US and more to Europe.
Now answer my question, why do you import oils instead of exporting, when you have it in abundance?
That is called being smart. When others run out we will still have reserves.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87327 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. Since you are not English, English language is still not your strong suit.
*helpless laughter*

In my youth, I could identify the county of oigin of a total stranger.

Sometimes the town.

You cannot be that friggin' stupid.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#87328 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The US is a nation rich in many natural resources, but Africa is a continent that contributed to the development of US and more to Europe.
that is not what you stated previously.

why do you have to lie so much Chaz?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87329 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. Since you are not English, English language is still not your strong suit.
"Celtic"?

You mean Goidelic, Brythonic, Gaulish, Breton?

Which Celtic?

Blistering halfwit.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#87330 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are the one that needs proper education on linguistics.
All languages have one or more influences from other languages, English is not the only language with that form, Latin, Greek, French, German, etc, are also part of that.
Germanic language is not German, but includes English, German, Dutch, Danish, etc.
So, English is not owned by England.

Concession noted.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#87331 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
What makes you think that the US doesn't export oil? In fact in 2010, we exported more oil than we imported.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/u-s-...

http://www.indexmundi.com/united_states/oil_e...

Depending upon the global price of oil, and amount of domestic usage, sometimes it's more profitable to buy foreign oil, and export domestic oil, other times, vice versa.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87332 Apr 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is called being smart. When others run out we will still have reserves.
Smart and intelligent, in addition.
Pure and impure are never the same.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87333 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*helpless laughter*
Sometimes the town.
Irish, Welsh and Scottish are originally Celtic, why are you hiding your identity, Buddy?

Level 2

Location hidden

#87334 Apr 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is not what you stated previously.
why do you have to lie so much Chaz?
What are you talking about? Changing what? We are still on track, now answer the question posted to you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87336 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*helpless laughter*
Sometimes the town.
Please reply, but this time in English.
No one is perfect.

Level 2

Location hidden

#87337 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Celtic"?
You mean Goidelic, Brythonic, Gaulish, Breton?
Which Celtic?
Blistering halfwit.
Is Celtic strange to your hearing?

Level 2

Location hidden

#87338 Apr 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, English is not owned by England.
Concession noted.
Liar!
English belongs to the English( people of England).
KJV

United States

#87339 Apr 22, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>Inferring that there IS a spiderman?
Am I?

Level 2

Location hidden

#87340 Apr 22, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that the US doesn't export oil? In fact in 2010, we exported more oil than we imported.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/u-s-...
http://www.indexmundi.com/united_states/oil_e...
Depending upon the global price of oil, and amount of domestic usage, sometimes it's more profitable to buy foreign oil, and export domestic oil, other times, vice versa.
Lets face reality, are your oils more marketable than that of Africa and Middle East?

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#87341 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
English belongs to the English( people of England).
Yes and stupidity belongs to you. I guess the French own all french kisses and french fries. Only Dutch people can go Dutch, Mexico owns all Mexican restaurants. The Spanish own a flu and a fly. Morse owns a code and the Scot's own free. Duck's own tape unless it's cheap tape then it belongs to Scotch. You don't have to guess who owns Brandy. I can only guess you used to live under London bridge, and when it fell , it hit you on your big ole doofus head.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#87342 Apr 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets face reality, are your oils more marketable than that of Africa and Middle East?
Yes. Lets DO face reality.

I provided evidence that the US in fact DOES export oil.

No twisting of the facts. We DO EXPORT OIL.

Deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 15 min Knowledge 154,701
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Another Damn Liberal 48,576
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr karl44 23,504
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 15 hr Timmee 9
Science News (Sep '13) 20 hr _Susan_ 3,985
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... Sun The Northener 642
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Dec 3 Aura Mytha 179,707
More from around the web