Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
82,461 - 82,480 of 112,850 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the age of the universe?
Roughly 13.5 billion years. If you want the evidence talk to an astronomer.

Aah, quick Google search 13.77 billion years. And like I said talk to an astronomer. They can explain to you why they know the age of the universe to a much higher degree of accuracy than we know the age of the Earth.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
49, but it doesn't look a day over 44...
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>So an empty tomb is all it takes? Then LOTS of people have evidence.

Either that or an empty tomb is evidence only that the tomb is empty.

Which is not surprising when you consider the fact that Romans tended NOT to give the bodies back afterwards.
The tomb was guarded to prevent the faking of the rising from the dead prophesy of the messiah.

Yet the tomb was empty, the very thing they had wanted to avoid happened right under the noses of armed guards.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The tomb was guarded to prevent the faking of the rising from the dead prophesy of the messiah.
Yet the tomb was empty, the very thing they had wanted to avoid happened right under the noses of armed guards.
they didn't do a very good job, did they? or they were the ones that moved the body...

no-one has ever risen from the dead. a time worn myth many gods before jesus laid claim to.

not even an original sound byte, this one...i've heard more original sound bytes from rush limbough...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, that's new. Care to share your source?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

It's only 55 in galactic years. ha ha ha

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
God has free will. Free will is involved when someone regrets something they have done and they repent and the LORD regretted something in Genesis 6;6.
You do not do something you know in advance you are going to regret doing, unless you lack the freedom to stop yourself from doing it.

So God must be unable to see the future, or unable to alter course even knowing what the future will bring. That means, lacking free will.

Simply - the God you imagine as being your Biblical, omnipotent, omniscient being who yet can regret actions that he knew in advance we was going to regret etc.....simply does not stack up to any logic.

This does not disprove God, but it certainly disproves any literal rendering of the Bible. By being capable of regret, your Biblical God obviously is one that cannot see into the future.
assteroid

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

funny how you guys pretend to know something when all you want is f each other. LOLZ.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Odds are the disciples got scared and stole the body too soon.

They made a prophesy that Jesus himself made not come true.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only 55 in galactic years. ha ha ha
in dog years...i'm dead.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in dog years...i'm dead.
Hmm now that's it , you finally came back!
Where have you been Jesus?
I'm not telling the fundies about you! lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm now that's it , you finally came back!
Where have you been Jesus?
I'm not telling the fundies about you! lol
no, SZ is the new messiah...

Hey SZ, i got the used tissue to sell on Ebay..thanx aboutt the re-crucifixion..is this monday good for you?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, SZ is the new messiah...
Hey SZ, i got the used tissue to sell on Ebay..thanx aboutt the re-crucifixion..is this monday good for you?
I was thinking Tuesday. Then if I do a proper 3 day gig, unlike Jesus who only did a day and a half, I can swoop up all of the Pastafarians who already celebrate on Friday.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking Tuesday. Then if I do a proper 3 day gig, unlike Jesus who only did a day and a half, I can swoop up all of the Pastafarians who already celebrate on Friday.
at your All you can eat pasta bar with a carafe of cheap red wine
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

There Is Such Emotion In The Distortion...

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2045/revel...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe.

Sundown Friday until dawn Sunday.

About a day and a half.

I did the arithmetic, too.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"A cloth that is an acknowledged fake?"
Link?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21572...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
at your All you can eat pasta bar with a carafe of cheap red wine
Here is a free stock tip, buy shares of Trader Joe's. The official wine is going to be Two Buck Chuck.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

In the Biblical sense Adam and Eve did not exist. The story of men and women living on this earth far transcends the petty story found in the Bible. Adam and Eve were not the beginning of the human race; they are nothing more than a footnote in a fictive mythological story written by some of our ancestors. The story of humans goes back many hundreds of thousands of years and is spread over the whole earth. We did not come from two progenitors 6000+- years ago. Our footprints, handprints, tools, habitats, art, and handiwork have been found all over the globe going back a hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, and many more years.

We humans have a history that is told in archaeological artifacts and human bones and pottery and stunning artwork on cave walls. We find finely crafted spearheads in animals that have not walked the earth for over 10,000 years, we find Homo sapiens skeletons superimposed with Neanderthal bones in Israeli caves from 50,000 years ago, we find 10,000 year old graveyards in the middle of the Sahara desert…relics from a time when the Sahara was green and home to ancient animals and human societies.

We humans also have sciences now that can read the ancient stories entwined in our blood. The stories that are told there….are not the stories of the Bible. We did not spread out all over the earth from “East of Eden” 6000 years ago. By that time humans were everywhere; in China and Southeast Asia, in Australia and Borneo, in North and South America, all of Europe, and many of the smaller ocean islands.

There is archaeological evidence of “us” all over the place and in time periods going back hundreds of thousands of years. The evidence is overwhelming, there are no doubts anymore. Adam and Eve as a Biblical truth…is not the truth.

Christianity, as well as Judaism and Islam, and all the other religions are relics of a time when we humans were making up gods…when we thought we needed them…when we had no way of ascertaining what was real in our world and what was myth. Some of us still look and hope to find a higher being that they can lay their troubles on, someone who can make them happier and richer and healthier, while forgetting to look inside themselves and finding their own will.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
Sundown Friday until dawn Sunday.
About a day and a half.
I did the arithmetic, too.
Not only that, check out this verse: Matthew 12 40:

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Oh oh...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••