Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223188 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86295 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe God had the power to create it all at once. GENESIS 2:4 leads me to conclude that the heavens and the earth were created in a day. I believe he was over viewing his work in the six days to see that it was all good and on the seventh day he rested after he saw everything was very good.
Then why does all of the evidence indicate that the Genesis account is not how it happened?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#86296 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe God had the power to create it all at once. GENESIS 2:4 leads me to conclude that the heavens and the earth were created in a day. I believe he was over viewing his work in the six days to see that it was all good and on the seventh day he rested after he saw everything was very good.
I take it you do not believe the earth is billions of years old?
KJV

United States

#86297 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Then why does all of the evidence indicate that the Genesis account is not how it happened?
Because Satan tricks science. And they fall for it hook line and sinker.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#86298 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, belief in Demons and spirits is one of the clues that your (and all others) religion is just a false belief. Demons, spirits, and Gods all depend on magic being true. When the Bible was written people believed magic was real.
We now KNOW it is not. Just like we KNOW there is no such thing as witches.
But there are witches, they just don't fly around on brooms. They are pagan and practice holistic medicine etc.
And worship mother earth Herne the hunter the Fertility Goddess Dianna and the creative force that exists in the universe.
Ask Kaitlyn she is a Stegra Witch , slightly different than Wiccan.
But witches are actually real, just not what they were made out to be by Christianity. I seeing wiccan is actually predates Christianity by 20,000+ years.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#86299 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Science works, the computer you are using is proof for that.

You seem to be giving a lot of power to this Satan fellow. So Satan has the power of creation? Why does God who created Satan allow these lies to stand. Logically, by proxy, God is guilty of any of Satan's actions since he supposedly created Satan in the first place.

Is God all powerful? Is God all knowing? If so then he is to blame.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#86300 Apr 14, 2013
TIP ABSOLUTE TRUTH SEEKERS:

The unique (individual) algorithm matrix in your mind/brain called the “ability to choose” has the option to choose logical or illogical information and apply it to your day to day living. You have two opposite options to apply to your “ability to choose” called the:

1. The law of non-contradiction.
2. The law of contradiction.

The “algorithm matrix” most of you know as the “soul” is incarnated in you at birth/conception.
FREE SERVANT
#86301 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why does all of the evidence indicate that the Genesis account is not how it happened?
You deny the miracle working power of our Creator, so how can I try to explain?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#86302 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You deny the miracle working power of our Creator, so how can I try to explain?
Build us some mud pie men and rib bone gals to take to show and tell.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86303 Apr 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But there are witches, they just don't fly around on brooms. They are pagan and practice holistic medicine etc.
And worship mother earth Herne the hunter the Fertility Goddess Dianna and the creative force that exists in the universe.
Ask Kaitlyn she is a Stegra Witch , slightly different than Wiccan.
But witches are actually real, just not what they were made out to be by Christianity. I seeing wiccan is actually predates Christianity by 20,000+ years.
Of course you are right about the Wicca type witches. They don't have magical powers I was talking about the mythical witches that the Church seems to believe in...the ones they think have actual magical witchly powers.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#86304 Apr 14, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You deny the miracle working power of our Creator, so how can I try to explain?
Oh,you want to claim he magicked everything into existence.

That still does not explain why all of the evidence has a self consistent whole that is described by geology and the theory of evolution.

You said they were lies by Satan. How did Satan change our genome so that is considered even stronger evidence for evolution than the fossil record?

You are left with the claim that your god purposefully mislead us.
KJV

United States

#86305 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>No, YOU have it backwards my dear, the Old Testament is almost all mythical and lies. The New Testament is not so much....Oh, wait a minute, I just reviewed the NT, and its as bad as the OT.

Carry on....:-)

Seriously Susan, the OT is full of crud. It is NOT full of truth.
It crazy the way people can deny the word of God. I guess once Satan got your soul he got total control.

Word ---> here's something that proves the OT word for word is accurate.

""""" "" The Bible Code """"" """
~~~~~~~~~~

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86306 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that would be something if it were true. Satan is just another bugaboo that scares children and some gullible adults
KJV

United States

#86307 Apr 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>No, YOU have it backwards my dear, the Old Testament is almost all mythical and lies. The New Testament is not so much....Oh, wait a minute, I just reviewed the NT, and its as bad as the OT.

Carry on....:-)

Seriously Susan, the OT is full of crud. It is NOT full of truth.
""""" """"" "" The Bible Code """"" """"" "

"It is absolutely, completely, and totally impossible to mathematically disprove theomatics. The overall validity of this discovery ~ the fact that God did it ~ is unimpeachable. Theomatics will never be disproven. In fact, no one will even come close to it. The evidence is so thoroughly convincing and so absolutely conclusive, that those who examine it carefully, their knees will buckle and they will quite literally fall to the ground ~ they will not be able to stand up against it."

http://www.biblecode.com/proof.html
KJV

United States

#86308 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Science works, the computer you are using is proof for that.

You seem to be giving a lot of power to this Satan fellow. So Satan has the power of creation? Why does God who created Satan allow these lies to stand. Logically, by proxy, God is guilty of any of Satan's actions since he supposedly created Satan in the first place.

Is God all powerful? Is God all knowing? If so then he is to blame.
So screwed up I see no hope for you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#86309 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So screwed up I see no hope for you.
So you have no answer to that claim?

I know, poor KJV, another failure at logic.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86310 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """"" "" The Bible Code """"" """"" "
"It is absolutely, completely, and totally impossible to mathematically disprove theomatics. The overall validity of this discovery ~ the fact that God did it ~ is unimpeachable. Theomatics will never be disproven. In fact, no one will even come close to it. The evidence is so thoroughly convincing and so absolutely conclusive, that those who examine it carefully, their knees will buckle and they will quite literally fall to the ground ~ they will not be able to stand up against it."
http://www.biblecode.com/proof.html
My friend, I first met ‘theomatics’ about 7 or 8 years ago. And it sounded pretty amazing until some people got hold of the software and used it on other books and got similar results. Then some language and semantic experts got hold of it and explained the whole thing. For awhile there was a Jewish group/foundation that was promoting it and promised ‘amazing insights’ into the Bible.

If and when this ‘theomatics’ is tested and peer reviewed by independent people I will reserve judgment.
I suggest you do the same.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86311 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It crazy the way people can deny the word of God. I guess once Satan got your soul he got total control.
Word ---> here's something that proves the OT word for word is accurate.
""""" "" The Bible Code """"" """
~~~~~~~~~~
Sir, we have actual scientific repeatable proof that much of the Old Testament is nothing but mythical stories...with no proof behind them at all.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86312 Apr 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, Chuckles is wrong here. The only side that lies all of the time in debates are creationists. Professional debaters like Kent Hovind know that without lies they have nothing.
Irony.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#86313 Apr 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony.
Another word that you don't know the meaning of.

Show me a lie by an evolutionist and I will find you two by deniers.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86314 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, amazing how all these commentors just suddenly appeared... it must be a miracle!
Interesting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time 22 min Beagle 5
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 23 min ChristineM 164,969
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 52 min Aura Mytha 84,038
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Frindly 3,346
No Evidence for Creation, a Global Flood, Tower... 5 hr Zog Has-fallen 63
Alabama people are the Anunnaki 11 hr Mrs parker science 1
Creationism is a Fantasy Fri Zog Has-fallen 7
More from around the web