Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86242 Apr 14, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Planet earth, for now is the only one we KNOW that sustains life.
That is a big difference. There are an estimated
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000
planets (10 to the power of 24) in the known universe. That is more planets than there are grains of sand on all the world's beaches. Try to get your head around that! How many of these, by chance alone, do you imagine could sustain life?
Read through my post once again, but this time carefully, Buffoon.
I am quoting and responding to what, Bill( Thewordofme) and Woodtick said about the life sustaining planets. Look before you leap!

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#86243 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Human technology has landed on
The moon
Jupiter
Venus
Mars
An Asteroid
Mans technology has also scanned
Many more places.
actually you're wrong

We have never landed a probe on Venus or Jupiter.
the asteroid capsule crashed on Earth re-entry and was contaminated.

as for Mars....we'll see what come up in the next few years....

we never expected to see life on the Moon....

but more to the point, I do believe he was talking about manned missions

Level 2

Location hidden

#86244 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, what i have said is not a proven lie. it is, in fact, the real world. your cult stories of witches and demons and spirits are just that, stories you cult made up to keep you in the cult.
you have no proof of any supernatural phenomenon..none..
That is the very LIE your CULT told you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86245 Apr 14, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Again chance is not a mechanism.You believe that you can assemble your proteins and amino acids and roll them like dice enough times and they will eventually come to life?That you can believe that random chance can produce life is a testament to the faith of your cult ,the radical 2 percent so driven by denial they will believe in anything.
And you have the nerve to say you believe in science,ha,ha,ha.
No, we do not believe that happens based upon chance. I have referred you to sources in the past that explains this to you but you either could not understand them or ignored them.

Considering your intelligence the problem was that you did not understand them.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86246 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>theology isn't truth. it is proven lies.
no demons exist.
your cult lied to you...again...
That is the very LIE your CULT told you all.
KJV

United States

#86247 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not really, as your cult is a proven myth.
You believe in the big three myths

BB where nothing exploded
Spontaneous self generating life.
Evolution
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#86248 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I used to believe in evolution but not anymore. All my life I lived around evolutionists and atheists, including my family. Most of my family is in the medical/business field and we consider ourselves smart. I always thought of myself as superior to everyone that believed in a god and looked at them as fools.
Well just a few years back I started to change my views towards how I believe life started. What got me thinking is what caused the so called "big bang." Who or what made all the universe, galaxies and millions of planets? Did dinosaurs just magically get evolved? Just looking up at the sky at night is enough for me to realize that someone had to make all of this, it couldn't just magically start evolving from magic fairy dust.
So yes i believe a superior being made all these things, known as GOD.
P.S: Pardon my english, its my third language.
Thank you for your post here. God bless.
KJV

United States

#86249 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>very, very limited search for life on mars. not even a search for life on any of the other planets or moons.

much evidence to support the ability to support life on them or in the past in Mars' case.

one total planet where man has been. not much of a sample of the universe.
Oh that's right you guys need Billions and billions for your myths to have a chance.
KJV

United States

#86250 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I used to believe in evolution but not anymore. All my life I lived around evolutionists and atheists, including my family. Most of my family is in the medical/business field and we consider ourselves smart. I always thought of myself as superior to everyone that believed in a god and looked at them as fools.

Well just a few years back I started to change my views towards how I believe life started. What got me thinking is what caused the so called "big bang." Who or what made all the universe, galaxies and millions of planets? Did dinosaurs just magically get evolved? Just looking up at the sky at night is enough for me to realize that someone had to make all of this, it couldn't just magically start evolving from magic fairy dust.

Bless you. Feels good to get your soul back doesn't it?

Level 2

Location hidden

#86251 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
The truth is far more better than any grammar demonstrated.
You have said the plain truth and God Almighty blessings will never cease in your life, amen.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86252 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's right you guys need Billions and billions for your myths to have a chance.
no. the one proven planet to have life is enough.

it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical god didn't create life on any of them...
surferbrah

Surry Hills, Australia

#86253 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
I have always believed in evolution and this actually got me thinking.:O

St. Croix valley

#86254 Apr 14, 2013
plasticsurgeon777 wrote:
and the bullshit meter goes off the scale. most people aren't as stupid or as gullible as you are...
mrroundtree

San Jose, CA

#86255 Apr 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no. the one proven planet to have life is enough.
it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical god didn't create life on any of them...

it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical magic fairy dust didn't create life on any of them...
Crazybilly

Anonymous Proxy

#86256 Apr 14, 2013
mrroundtree wrote:
<quoted text>

it still doesn't work with your proven myth, though. no matter how many planets you find, your proven mythical magic fairy dust didn't create life on any of them...
Funny rebuttal towards woodtick57.

Level 2

Location hidden

#86257 Apr 14, 2013
mrroundtree wrote:
<quoted text>
Good hit!
RLOL

St. Croix valley

#86258 Apr 14, 2013
Crazybilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny rebuttal towards woodtick57.
possibly, humor is int eh eye of the beholder. it was inaccurate, that is a fact.
KJV

United States

#86259 Apr 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>actually you're wrong

We have never landed a probe on Venus or Jupiter.
the asteroid capsule crashed on Earth re-entry and was contaminated.

as for Mars....we'll see what come up in the next few years....

we never expected to see life on the Moon....

but more to the point, I do believe he was talking about manned missions
"actually you're wrong"

Look again.

"The Galileo spacecraft is the only one to have actually entered an orbit around Jupiter, arriving in 1995 and studying the planet until 2003. During this period Galileo gathered a large amount of information about the Jovian system, making close approaches to all of the four giant Galilean moons and finding evidence for thin atmospheres on three of them, as well as the possibility of liquid water beneath their surfaces. It also discovered a magnetic field around Ganymede. As it approached Jupiter, it also witnessed the impact of Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9. In December 1995, it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere, so far the only craft to do so."

"it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere"

"You Tube
NASA PROBE PENETRATES CLOUDS OF JUPITER FOLLOWING METEOR
Byguy lombardoJul 8, 2009
2 likes, 5 dislikes
shortly after probe penetrates clouds it sends back a final image of light then ....nothing!"

"The Venera (Cyrillic:Вене series probes were developed by the Soviet Union between 1961 and 1984 to gather data from Venus, Venera being the Russian name for Venus. As with some of the Soviet Union's other planetary probes, the later versions were launched in pairs with a second vehicle being launched soon after the first of the pair.

Ten probes from the Venera series successfully landed on Venus and transmitted data from the surface, including the two Vega program and Venera-Halley probes. In addition, thirteen Venera probes successfully transmitted data from the atmosphere of Venus."

St. Croix valley

#86260 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"actually you're wrong"
Look again.
"The Galileo spacecraft is the only one to have actually entered an orbit around Jupiter, arriving in 1995 and studying the planet until 2003. During this period Galileo gathered a large amount of information about the Jovian system, making close approaches to all of the four giant Galilean moons and finding evidence for thin atmospheres on three of them, as well as the possibility of liquid water beneath their surfaces. It also discovered a magnetic field around Ganymede. As it approached Jupiter, it also witnessed the impact of Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9. In December 1995, it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere, so far the only craft to do so."
"it sent an atmospheric probe into the Jovian atmosphere"
"You Tube
NASA PROBE PENETRATES CLOUDS OF JUPITER FOLLOWING METEOR
Byguy lombardoJul 8, 2009
2 likes, 5 dislikes
shortly after probe penetrates clouds it sends back a final image of light then ....nothing!"
"The Venera (Cyrillic:Вене series probes were developed by the Soviet Union between 1961 and 1984 to gather data from Venus, Venera being the Russian name for Venus. As with some of the Soviet Union's other planetary probes, the later versions were launched in pairs with a second vehicle being launched soon after the first of the pair.
Ten probes from the Venera series successfully landed on Venus and transmitted data from the surface, including the two Vega program and Venera-Halley probes. In addition, thirteen Venera probes successfully transmitted data from the atmosphere of Venus."
yes, we have sent probes to the surface of several planets and moons. none of them were really set up to look for life. unless the life came and knocked on the camera lens, they would not have discovered any sign of it.
catlover

Los Angeles, CA

#86261 Apr 14, 2013
this tread is amusing to read, especially when evolutionists don't know what to say and bring out the "you're stupid" card.:)

Will bookmark and come back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr kenedy njoroge 141,279
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr thertruth 18,673
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 2 hr GTID62 13,669
No Place For ID? 2 hr GTID62 1
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 10 hr Dogen 1,338
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Fri hpcaban 178,585
Guadeloupe Woman Found (1812 (Mar '10) Apr 23 MikeF 73
More from around the web