Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
81,361 - 81,380 of 115,194 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86102 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is everywhere on it and in it.
Microbes are found as much as 3 miles below the surface of land.
It certainly appears that the Earth itself is what made life possible, it is a fact that it is alive, but whether it is conscious
is a larger question. Since the biosphere is what made biogenesis possible and is unique to Earth , I don't think we can say it is not alive, it is the only thing we know to be alive.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2013/03/06/1735...
yes, but if all life died, the earth would still be there, and life may again arise on it. the Earth is not aliving being. it harbors life, and it has living organisms on it and in it, but it is not alive.

St. Croix valley

#86103 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is a huge difference. We have the Bible.
2500 prophecies
2000 fulfilled to a T
History recorded in the Bible that as recently as the past decade has proof been found that backs up the Bible.
Make no mistake the Bible is unique and correct.
your bible is full of proven lies, i wouldn't use it for proof if you wish to be taken seriously. i wouldn't use it as a moral guide either, as it is shown to be horrible as that also. Can't really think of anything it is good for...a couple laughs , maybe...
KJV

United States

#86104 Apr 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, you have a book of myth written by bunch of bronze age sheep shaggers. Science is not based upon guesswork, it is based upon evidence.

Now we might not laugh at you so much if you had just a smidgeon evidence that supported your ridiculous claims.
Please at least insult using correct data.
First off it would be the Iron Age not Bronze Age.
Second sheep shaggers. Most were fisher men.
Third "Science is not based upon guesswork" science is based on guess work that they set out to prove.
Forth I have just as much proof as you do.

This is really subpar for you sub zombie.

St. Croix valley

#86105 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Third "Science is not based upon guesswork" science is based on guess work that they set out to prove.
No...you have not one shred of evidence for your cult. not one.

in fact, there is tons of evidence [proving your cult to be based on lies.

your cult has the same relevance to the real world as a comic book.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#86106 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but if all life died, the earth would still be there, and life may again arise on it. the Earth is not aliving being. it harbors life, and it has living organisms on it and in it, but it is not alive.
Where again does this life come from, and can you point to any other place it comes from? It is alive , I'm sure of it.
Though I admit it may not be sentient. But since all life is in fact a part of Earth and cannot be considered separate , it means the biota of life is Earth itself. If you poison the Earth life dies, if you damage the Earth, life dies. I don't see how we can consider any part of life separate from Earth. I see its biosphere as a living thing that cannot be separated from it. Therefore it is alive with it's manifestation.

St. Croix valley

#86107 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Where again does this life come from, and can you point to any other place it comes from? It is alive , I'm sure of it.
Though I admit it may not be sentient. But since all life is in fact a part of Earth and cannot be considered separate , it means the biota of life is Earth itself. If you poison the Earth life dies, if you damage the Earth, life dies. I don't see how we can consider any part of life separate from Earth. I see its biosphere as a living thing that cannot be separated from it. Therefore it is alive with it's manifestation.
yes, they can be considered separate. I showed you an example. all life could die off on earth, and the Earth would still be there. and life could still rise again on the planet.

they are two separate things. the Earth is not a living entity. it harbors life on and in it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86108 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, they can be considered separate. I showed you an example. all life could die off on earth, and the Earth would still be there. and life could still rise again on the planet.
they are two separate things. the Earth is not a living entity. it harbors life on and in it.
That might make sense if life was found anywhere else, but at this point the Earth is life. Why do you think it would come back?
If what you say were true, then life should be on Mars and Venus indeed everywhere.
The truth is you can't say why life is here or if Earth is alive or not. But as I said Earth is alive with it's manifestation.
The fact is also that life arose on Earth when it should have been impossible for it to have.

St. Croix valley

#86109 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That might make sense if life was found anywhere else, but at this point the Earth is life. Why do you think it would come back?
If what you say were true, then life should be on Mars and Venus indeed everywhere.
The truth is you can't say why life is here or if Earth is alive or not. But as I said Earth is alive with it's manifestation.
The fact is also that life arose on Earth when it should have been impossible for it to have.
none of that changes the fact that the Earth is not a living organism.

you think this is the only place in the universe that has life? really?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#86110 Apr 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, wrong.
Many of them written after the fact. No real prophecies fulfilled and many failed.
Try defending the terribly failed Tyre prophecy.
I think Damascus was prophesied to be wiped out forever also

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86111 Apr 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The creationist bullshit comes from the bronze age.

It seems you are conflating the New Testament writings with the Old Testament writings, though they had terrible failures too when it came to prophesies.

And you continue to show that you have no idea what science is how how it is done. You might guess, scientists don't.

And you have not "proof" at all. You don't even have any evidence. You don't even know what evidence is.

You don't even know the countless failures of your Bible.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#86112 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Kaitlyn is immortal?
Wizards are fantasy as are spirits, angels, and demons.
Witches really do exist , but they are not immortal.
Not true.
Witches are evil spirits that possesses women or girls. For men, they are called wizard. Spirits, whether good or bad, do exist.

St. Croix valley

#86113 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.
Witches are evil spirits that possesses women or girls. For men, they are called wizard. Spirits, whether good or bad, do exist.
No, no they do not. you do not have one teensy shred of evidence to even suggest that they might possibly be considered to be real. not one shred.

people who believe in them are not dealing with reality.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86114 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>none of that changes the fact that the Earth is not a living organism.
you think this is the only place in the universe that has life? really?
As none of what you said can prove it isn't.
Life could be elsewhere I think it's probable.
But apparently it will have to have something like Earth to be so.
And right now

*it is the only place in the universe we know it exists.

Efforts to discover it , have led us to believe the Earth is rare, very rare, our galaxy system is unique, our solar system is unique, our planet is unique. It seems galaxies and systems as well as planets are all like snowflakes, no two are the same.
\ We just differ on opinion of what life on Earth is.
If we destroy Earth we destroy life , Earth could exist devoid of live. But it would no longer be Earth , it would just be some planet with no one to even realize it.

St. Croix valley

#86115 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.
maybe you're like Steven Wright. he plans to live forever. so far, so good...

St. Croix valley

#86116 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
And right now
Efforts to discover it , have led us to believe the Earth is rare, very rare, our galaxy system is unique, our solar system is unique, our planet is unique. It seems galaxies and systems as well as planets are all like snowflakes, no two are the same.
If we destroy Earth we destroy life , Earth could exist devoid of live. But it would no longer be Earth , it would just be some planet with no one to even realize it.
yes, yes it does. the Earth is not a living entity. no planet is. the Earth just harbors life. more accurately, life developed on Earth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#86117 Apr 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Damascus was prophesied to be wiped out forever also
Yup, and in the same book Egypt was supposed to be defeated too:

"Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years."

And what is the hang up with the ancient Jews and the number 40?

Jesus also prophesized the wrong amount of time that he would be dead and buried. Or else his disciples got anxious and raided the tomb early.

St. Croix valley

#86118 Apr 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
And right now
So if life once existed on mars when it had atmosphere and water, is it not now Mars?

your statement makes no sense. a planet is not a living entity.

Level 8

Location hidden

#86119 Apr 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not true.
You are a strange fellow, witches are people who belong to a coven or order of paganistic practices. Mostly people with a holistic or natural approach to medicines and life using apothecary techniques with natural substances. I guess you don't know who Kaitlyn is as she is a real witch irl of the Strega variety.

Other than that , disembodiment and spirits are good for scary movies, but they aren't real cuz. Wake the fuck up , you're dreaming!

Level 8

Location hidden

#86120 Apr 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So if life once existed on mars when it had atmosphere and water, is it not now Mars?
your statement makes no sense. a planet is not a living entity.
No but we would call it a "*dead planet". But so far no indicator that even microbial life ever existed there.
Which is a shame, I had hope they would find it.

A totally dead planet doesn't even have geophysical changes going on.
But a living planet, now define that.
The Truth

Savannah, TN

#86121 Apr 13, 2013
Sick of Stupid wrote:
In high school science there should be no talk of creationism. It is not science. Evolution, believe it or not is science. Creationism is a Christian MYTH. Creationism should be taught is high school. In history class, along with all the other mythology attached to other religions.
The story of Adam and Eve is no different than the stories of Greek mythology.
The Holy Bible, especially the Old Testament is a collection of Myths.
Moses parting the Red Sea...Myth
Noah and the Ark...Myth
Sodom and Gamora...Myth
Adam and Eve...Myth
Etc, Etc...
That is not to say the Bible is all myths, there are of course the gospels of the disiples, eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus, andthe same can be said for most other religions practiced today, mostly myth, and some historical accuracy.
Christian Mythology does not belong in a science class.
Well mythology means it isn't true.... But if you were to have studied the bible at all you'd notice that there are a lot of facts historical wise in the new testament.. Science and The Bible go hand in hand if you look closely. Why think that god did everything with a snap of his finger ... Mary being a virgin and having a baby sounds a lot like artificial insemination.. Sodom and Gomorrah sounds like it was destroyed by a nuclear weapon since it vaporized lot's wife.... God is the father of everything it mentions in the bible that humans couldn't even bare to comprehend what God knows.... THE FATHER OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY... I believe... Obviously hean is either light years away or in a completely other dimension... For all we know when the Earth was made it could've existed with age already.... Adam and Eve didn't start out as children they had Adult bodies

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 8 min susanblange 308
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr Subduction Zone 172,506
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 3 hr TedHOhio 200
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr DanFromSmithville 136,248
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Wed Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••