Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Mary Magdalena

United States

#85989 Apr 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not our universe, they would be outside that.
If there are Multiverses they would be inside the Universe by definition.

Look up what the universe is. It's black and white. The word universe mean all
Not some, ALL matter, space,energy.
Nothing about different dimensions being excluded. That is a fact mr. tick.

Twisting words (all out lying about them) will not win you crap. Go back to your Multi Myths!
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85990 Apr 12, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>The first human bones/skeletons were found in Africa to be 200,000 years old. Subsequent bones/skeletons of human remains have been found to be many tens of thousands of years old. Human remains have been found ALL OVER (not Antarctica)the earth (not Africa, they go back 200,000 years there)dating dating back as far as 50,000 years.

Human artifacts and tools have been found dating back as far as the humans. By 15,000 years ago humans were on all continents of the world except Antarctica. There is no doubts at all in these findings and ALL mainline scientists accept it.

Also just fairly recently DNA science confirmed the archaeology and paleoanthropology findings and also determined that the human genome was NEVER down to just 1 reproducing couple (or 4 for the non-existent flood)

And you may have heard the recent news that DNA has confirmed that most humans on earth (not sub-Saharan Africans) carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood in their bodies, making that final connection for us to the line of great apes.

Can you tell me how the myth of Adam and Eve fits in the above factual scenario??
Really hate to jump in here but I for one don't buy into science being able to date items yet. Way too many errors.

"A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.

A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.

In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.

What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of

millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.

Man-made objects in rock.

An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).

The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36."

http://s8int.com/page8.html

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#85991 Apr 12, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
God did it.
Next.
You wish

There is no need for your god and he doesn't exist.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85992 Apr 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol
Smoke of False Witness and Lying.
They like to use the old attorney trick of assaulting/trying to discredit the character of the witness when they have no backing argument.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85993 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you can provide objectively verifiable scientific evidence that this entity of yours even exists, your post remains nothing but a threat of yours.
An empty threat.
Just how much more verifiable proof you need? Seeing is believing, just take a look at the world and all in it that God created.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#85994 Apr 12, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You wish

There is no need for your god and he doesn't exist.
I know!

You may not think you need him. That's fine but you would not be here if he wasn't there.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85995 Apr 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Just how much more verifiable proof you need? Seeing is believing, just take a look at the world and all in it that God created.
Asserts your death cult.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85996 Apr 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If humans knows that doing wrong will lead to disaster, we will never dare that, but yet people still find themselves daring that, why?
God has given us that free will to decide which way we want to follow.
Are you the owner of your life?
1 Corinthians 6:20.. both our body and our spirit belong to God.We are just borrowing it while here on earth
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85997 Apr 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No Chuckle but the sad truth.
HAHAHA!! Another good knee slapper Chuckie!
lina

La Place, LA

#85998 Apr 12, 2013
The very experience of god tells me he lives.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85999 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's the difference between you and me, it won't damage my ego if I can't prove it. The truth will become clear to each and everyone of us one day. The problem with you atheists is that YOU MUST PROVE your allegations, that's where you get your power. I get mine from God and His Son. If someone like Ballard, or any number of other archeologists who have made discoveries about things like the well Jesus drank from, only builds a believer's spirit. You can try to shake a believer down, but what's in our souls can never be extinguished.
Wrong again.

Isn't it amazing how often creationists are wrong.

If you want to claim that a god exists you have to prove it. It is not up to use to disprove your errant claims. Google search the null hypothesis.

We have already given all the evidence necessary to support our claims, yet you idiots never give any evidence, aside from a mouldering old book written by bronze age sheep shaggers, that support your claims.

As far as any debate goes you have lost and will always lose using your approach. That is also why whenever a court case has been brought against creationism in the last 50 years your side has lost. Your side keeps trying to repackage creationism and it keeps losing. I am sure it will lose the latest rounds too. The so called "teach the controversy" is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to get creationism into public schools.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#86000 Apr 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what's in my heart; something you can't seem to grasp there, dud.
It doesn't say in the Bible that God is an extraterrestrial yet, that IS exactly what He is. It also didn't say that the "giants from the Heavens who bred with earth women" were alien visitors, but that is exactly what they were. Their impure seed was the reason for the global flood.
The flood was a foreshadowing of baptism, the flood cleansed the world of evil and gave it a new start, so does baptism(under the New Testament) cleanses us of our sins and gives us a new beginning

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#86002 Apr 12, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
If there are Multiverses they would be inside the Universe by definition.
Look up what the universe is. It's black and white. The word universe mean all
Not some, ALL matter, space,energy.
Nothing about different dimensions being excluded. That is a fact mr. tick.
Twisting words (all out lying about them) will not win you crap. Go back to your Multi Myths!
that would be your definition. but twisting definitions is all you seem to have, no matter which name you use..

St. Croix valley

#86003 Apr 12, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Just how much more verifiable proof you need? Seeing is believing, just take a look at the world and all in it that God created.
no, that is not proof in any way shape or form. if that were true, it would be proof for every god man has invented as a creator.

Are you saying that all the creation gads are true because the Earth exists? you're gonna piss off the god of your cult with that thinking, and if you've read your cult's bible, you would know he is one seriously vindictive little prick...
Mary Magdalena

United States

#86004 Apr 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would be your definition. but twisting definitions is all you seem to have, no matter which name you use..
"that would be your definition"

So you admit my power of influence.

Look at a small example of my ring of influence.

"

The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe
noun
1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.

Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)

universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary

http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...

universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe

Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>"

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86005 Apr 12, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Really hate to jump in here but I for one don't buy into science being able to date items yet. Way too many errors.
"A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.
A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.
In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.
What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of
millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.
An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).
The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36."
So, whats your point here??

Those are all called OOPARTS (out of place artifacts)

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#86007 Apr 12, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter at all that you don't buy into dating. It's true and it works well. Your denial is just your way to keep the myth alive in your mind.

Hear that....the REAL world is calling you.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#86008 Apr 12, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>So, whats your point here??

Those are all called OOPARTS (out of place artifacts)
I thought you were intelligent, ok I'll point it out. Human artifacts inside 500 million old coal. man made item inside billion year old rocks.

It's called proof that the scientific dating system is all wet.

All that coal and oil is what would be left behind from a world wide flood. And that coal and rocks would then contain items of a much younger world then science would lead you to believe could happen.

It is more proof of the flood.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#86009 Apr 12, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter at all that you don't buy into dating. It's true and it works well. Your denial is just your way to keep the myth alive in your mind.

Hear that....the REAL world is calling you.
Yea right!

Keep the faith of your Multi myth religion.

St. Croix valley

#86010 Apr 12, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were intelligent, ok I'll point it out. Human artifacts inside 500 million old coal. man made item inside billion year old rocks.
It's called proof that the scientific dating system is all wet.
All that coal and oil is what would be left behind from a world wide flood. And that coal and rocks would then contain items of a much younger world then science would lead you to believe could happen.
It is more proof of the flood.
those are called frauds. like the religious cult you fell for..

you idea of how oil forms is all wet...hee hee..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 min Eagle 12 - 2,193
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Science 81,846
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Genesis Enigma 164,290
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 33,072
Did humans come from Sturgeons? Oct 16 Science 1
Proof humans come from Tennessee Oct 16 Science 1
Science News (Sep '13) Oct 14 Science 4,005
More from around the web