Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197635 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#85781 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>BONG!
History has been rewritten( though FALSE).
So what you're saying is that it's all a big conspiracy even though you have no evidence because the big conspiracy wiped out all evidence?

So far your "divine interventions" have appeared to be less than impressive.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#85782 Apr 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is Superman. Prove that Superman does not exist.
Exactly! God is just as real as Superman.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#85783 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To last or second paragraph, there is nothing too hard or difficult for God to do.
Ofcourse Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith, even Paul stated that in all his epistles.
You mean besides actually appearing thus proving it's existence?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85784 Apr 11, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God Himself lacks free will I think its a bit arrogant of you to assume you do.
Read Isiah 46:10. God is from beginning to the end and does as he pleases.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85785 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Read Isiah 46:10. God is from beginning to the end and does as he pleases.
Read Harry Potter from beginning to end. He saves the Hogwarts.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85786 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I am not part of the Roman Catholic church who teaches that
So what. It is in your "inspired" book. Eat my flesh, drink my blood in memory of me. Disgusting.

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85787 Apr 11, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! God is just as real as Superman.
Fools rush in where others fear to tread.

Luke 11:23 "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever …
bible.cc/luke/11-23.htm"W hoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.... as well as those who menaced and excommunicated them for so doing:...

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85788 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Read Isiah 46:10. God is from beginning to the end and does as he pleases.
It is good to teach, but do not cast your pearls before swine.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85790 Apr 11, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Fools rush in where others fear to tread.
Luke 11:23 "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever …
bible.cc/luke/11-23.htm"W hoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.... as well as those who menaced and excommunicated them for so doing:...
I can quote too:

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be."
-JLA #6, Grant Morrison

SUPERMAN: "I can only tell you what I believe, Diana: humankind has to be allowed to climb to its own destiny. We can't carry them there."
FLASH: "But that's what she's saying. What's the point? Why should they need us at all?"
SUPERMAN: "To catch them if they fall."
-JLA #4, Grant Morrison

And of course:

"This looks like a job for Superman!" Numerous sources.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85791 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>So what. It is in your "inspired" book. Eat my flesh, drink my blood in memory of me. Disgusting.
So you want to discredit the Bible just because the apostate church perverts some of its teachings?
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#85792 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>So what. It is in your "inspired" book. Eat my flesh, drink my blood in memory of me. Disgusting.
Anyone with an ounce of brains would know he was using parabolic language.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85793 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>So you want to discredit the Bible just because the apostate church perverts some of its teachings?
Discredit a work of fiction?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85794 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone with an ounce of brains would know he was using parabolic language.
It's call sarcasm Asshat. I don't give a fig what is in your story book.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#85795 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone with an ounce of brains would know he was using parabolic language.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabolic

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#85796 Apr 11, 2013
"parabolic"?

Wow.
KJV

United States

#85797 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>By all means, you can keep beating up your caricature. But it has no bearing at all on what evolution actually is. That is why you're getting everything wrong.

And yes, brown eyes are a mutation. So are blue. In fact blue didn't exist prior to 10,000 years ago because it arose due to mutation.

Of course that was 4,000 years before the universe even existed.
"And yes, brown eyes are a mutation"

Boy are you scrapping bottom.
For brown eyes to be mutation you would need to know what the color of the first eye was.

And a again they are not mutation. Color of eyes and other things along those lines are dictated by flipping on and off genes. Nothing new just on or off switches. If the genes are there then nothing is new just different combination

Just as these binary number below can create a large number of differences but nothing new just different combination.

And so on

And on and on.
Lots of combination but nothing of new creation just on off switches.
KJV

United States

#85798 Apr 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Adam and Eve were most likely non-existent....in fact they WERE non-existent
Prove your positive assertion.
KJV

United States

#85799 Apr 11, 2013
Tyler in Elsewhere wrote:
<quoted text>Then you are astoundingly progressive for a creationist. However, it is indeed the creationist argument that Adam and Eve were "genetically perfect."

As I've heard it, the running hypothesis/delusion is that because of their perfect genes (presumably from being directly created by God, I suppose), they and their children were able to inbreed without any adverse effects. After the Fall, the genome started degrading, and has been 'devolving' into random noise ever since.

If that sounded like nonsense to you, then your BS radar might still be functioning.
Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85801 Apr 11, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>It is good to teach, but do not cast your pearls before swine.
or push your cult to rational people...
KJV

United States

#85802 Apr 11, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>Mutation:

A change in the structure of the genes or chromosomes of an organism. Mutations occurring in the reproductive cells, such as an egg or sperm, can be passed from one generation to the next. Most mutations occur in junk DNA and have no discernible effects on the survivability of an organism. Of the remaining mutations, the majority have harmful effects, while a minority can increase an organism's ability to survive. A mutation that benefits a species may evolve by means of natural selection into a trait shared by some or all members of the species.

http://science.yourdictionary.com/mutation

Mutation is Not about suddenly growing gills. Its any change in the DNA sequence, anything from a tiny point mutation (single nucleotide change)to a whole gene or chromosome duplication.

Even discussing evolution with someone who learned about mutation by watching X-men movies is a waste of time.
"Mutation is Not about suddenly growing gills"

It's not the color of eyes!

And is more along the lines of gills then eye color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Chimney1 31,451
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr scientia potentia... 13,447
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 13 hr ChromiuMan 151,061
This is how christians fumble up the evolution ... Mon zxx838557 1
Rome Viharo debunks evolution Sun Paul Porter1 2
Evolution in action May 27 MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... May 25 bearings 2
More from around the web