Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85655 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I stopped trying to have an intelligent conversation with these atheists
Yes you did. Which is why you are unable to learn.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85656 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Ergo you're part of a cult that wastes life worshipping death.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85657 Apr 10, 2013
What happened to Curtis anyway? The UFO's take him on another trip again? I wanted to see how many more times he could contradict the law of non-contradiction!
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85658 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you and I believe they have a chance, as long as they are living. God is not willing that any should perish and go to that place that is prepared for the Devil and his angels. I feel sadness for them. God Bless.
People live very good lives without being members of your cult. Why is it such a hard concept for you fundies to grasp?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85659 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>True, the Christians never fought the Romans.
Nor did the Ainu.
"Divine"? WTF are you failing to express?
If you don't know it was the Romans that was persecuting and killing the Christians until God divinely intervened for the Christians. It is only a liar that can deny that( the truth).

Level 2

Location hidden

#85660 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bog is a Bog of bacon and cheese.
Were you trying to say something?
In a more simplified way, God is slow to wrath and anger, that is why people like you can say any thing negative.
But surely the end shall tell.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85661 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has said that.
As far as I know.
Then you are not sincere( in-sincere).

Level 2

Location hidden

#85662 Apr 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You have not answered the question at all. Just avoided it because it screws you completely.
You say God has free will. Yet God cannot do something today that he did not already know he was going to do today. He has known forever what His future decisions and actions would be, because He knows everything about everything, past present and future.
Therefore God cannot make any new choices. God cannot change his mind and surprise himself with a decision he did not already know he would make since the beginning of time.
God has NO FREE WILL!
Do you?
God is infinite, no doubt about that.
But why some people thinks he is not in existence because he is slow to anger and wrath.
God is perfect and he has his own plan and purpose of achieving the desired ends.
Man proposes but God disposes.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85663 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Best to watch your step in this one first. Or your preparation time may be cut short. Most of us think that choosing to make living
in THIS LIFE better for everyone is a far more noble deed , and the key to winning in life. After its over, well plenty of time for after life in the grave. But it's much better above ground, count your blessings.

Level 8

Location hidden

#85664 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know it was the Romans that was persecuting and killing the Christians until God divinely intervened for the Christians. It is only a liar that can deny that( the truth).
You mean the rein of the psychopathic Romans finally came to an end.
It was belief in a imaginary god that helped this happen, I will give you that much. But the Renaissance happened because our brains started to work for a change. Some of us (you for one) need this imaginary big brother to function correctly, whilst the others
need no such imaginary friends to understand why we should do the right things.

It's just that simple.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85665 Apr 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You have not answered the question at all. Just avoided it because it screws you completely.
You say God has free will. Yet God cannot do something today that he did not already know he was going to do today. He has known forever what His future decisions and actions would be, because He knows everything about everything, past present and future.
Therefore God cannot make any new choices. God cannot change his mind and surprise himself with a decision he did not already know he would make since the beginning of time.
God has NO FREE WILL!
Do you?
And again, answer just this few questions.
Why are we not perfect when perfection are looking at us?
Why do we make a choice only to end up at times in disappointment?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85666 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know it was the Romans that was persecuting and killing the Christians until God divinely intervened for the Christians. It is only a liar that can deny that( the truth).
Hmm. God divinely intervened for the christians?

When was that again, and what did he do?

Level 2

Location hidden

#85667 Apr 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound advice. Unfortunately you can't stop yourself.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Sorry, but there had been no record of divine intervention for centuries before the Christians controlled Rome. And even they were hearsay written at minimum decades later. However that isn't the point, since there was another Roman coup to counter the sudden Christian "empire", which was then countered by a counter-coup by Christians turning Rome Christian once again, until Rome eventually collapsed under Christian rule.
Must have been Divine Intervention.(shrug)
Just look at your self, Ducky.
The Christians never fought the Romans, but from your saying you lack the understanding of what divine intervention is, " atheist ".

Level 2

Location hidden

#85668 Apr 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought your god was a god of infinity and eternal slavery?
Wake up!

Level 2

Location hidden

#85669 Apr 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the rein of the psychopathic Romans finally came to an end.
It was belief in a imaginary god that helped this happen, I will give you that much. But the Renaissance happened because our brains started to work for a change. Some of us (you for one) need this imaginary big brother to function correctly, whilst the others
need no such imaginary friends to understand why we should do the right things.
It's just that simple.
Why do you hate reality.
Christianity as we all know, started from a small Jewish sect to become the official religion of the entire Roman empire, is that not awesome?
Learn to admit the truth even though , it is bitter.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85670 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm. God divinely intervened for the christians?
When was that again, and what did he do?
More and more of your ignorance.
History had it that they were persecuted and even killed by the Romans under Nero and other Emperors, but the spirit of the Christians never died, until God turn around the tide, under Emperor Constantine.
Get a clue on History.

Level 8

Location hidden

#85671 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate reality.
Christianity as we all know, started from a small Jewish sect to become the official religion of the entire Roman empire, is that not awesome?
Learn to admit the truth even though , it is bitter.
Jews are Jewish not Christians dummy. It was monotheistic that was the reason, but awesome, no it was a phase of learning.
Most humans are as rudimentary as baboons.
KJV

United States

#85673 Apr 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i gotta keep proving what bullhshit the stuff you post is.
You've proven nothing except that you can't think for yourself.
KJV

United States

#85674 Apr 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The whole problem is you try to impose limitation and define what is quite beyond your ability. But in the other hand limit what could be known because you have an ace card.

We all know what those tactics are....utter bull shit.
You brought nothing but a brain washed fundie to protest, realize we have identified this fundie who protests science. He goes by the handle "KJV".
Before we get to the science we need to make sure all you atheist know what words mean. You all seem to feel the need to twist definition of words.

The universe is every bit of matter and energy and space. I'm sorry you don't think that's correct but that's the meaning of the word universe.
KJV

United States

#85675 Apr 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you're glad.

BTW, I don't consider myself to be an atheist (in the common understanding of the term).
Well I'm Glad you're Glad that I'm Glad.

"BTW, I don't consider myself to be an atheist"

Oh boy! don't tell me that the atheist lost another one?

I'm sorry to hear that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 3 hr Brian_G 13,614
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 3 hr The Dude 427
How would creationists explain... 6 hr The Dude 284
Science News (Sep '13) 6 hr positronium 2,939
sea-dwelling dinosaur found alive (Apr '10) 8 hr The Dude 87
Genetic entropy Mon Chimney1 157
The One Thing Evolution Can't Answer Dec 14 Rose_NoHo 6