Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85670 Apr 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm. God divinely intervened for the christians?
When was that again, and what did he do?
More and more of your ignorance.
History had it that they were persecuted and even killed by the Romans under Nero and other Emperors, but the spirit of the Christians never died, until God turn around the tide, under Emperor Constantine.
Get a clue on History.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85671 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate reality.
Christianity as we all know, started from a small Jewish sect to become the official religion of the entire Roman empire, is that not awesome?
Learn to admit the truth even though , it is bitter.
Jews are Jewish not Christians dummy. It was monotheistic that was the reason, but awesome, no it was a phase of learning.
Most humans are as rudimentary as baboons.
KJV

United States

#85673 Apr 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i gotta keep proving what bullhshit the stuff you post is.
You've proven nothing except that you can't think for yourself.
KJV

United States

#85674 Apr 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The whole problem is you try to impose limitation and define what is quite beyond your ability. But in the other hand limit what could be known because you have an ace card.

We all know what those tactics are....utter bull shit.
You brought nothing but a brain washed fundie to protest, realize we have identified this fundie who protests science. He goes by the handle "KJV".
Before we get to the science we need to make sure all you atheist know what words mean. You all seem to feel the need to twist definition of words.

The universe is every bit of matter and energy and space. I'm sorry you don't think that's correct but that's the meaning of the word universe.
KJV

United States

#85675 Apr 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you're glad.

BTW, I don't consider myself to be an atheist (in the common understanding of the term).
Well I'm Glad you're Glad that I'm Glad.

"BTW, I don't consider myself to be an atheist"

Oh boy! don't tell me that the atheist lost another one?

I'm sorry to hear that.
KJV

United States

#85676 Apr 10, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>I like apples. I don't care much for god and religion, but I like apples.
Well good for you.

I said when I read your first post that this is someone who know what they like and what they don't like.

You go for them apples.
KJV

United States

#85677 Apr 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Roughly 14+- billion years.
Good. Now do you understand or agree that the universe is all matter, energy and space.

The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe

noun

1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.

Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)

universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary

http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...

universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe

Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>
KJV

United States

#85678 Apr 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are confused. A mutation is any change in the nucleotaides of the DNA molecule. It can be as small as a simple point change or as large as a whole chromosome duplication.

Most mutations have no effect at all. Some have a small positive or negative effects, and a very few have a lethal effect.

Mutating = man growing gills in a single generation is just nonsense. You clearly have no more idea of the real science of Mutation 101 than the fantasy writers of X-men.
Boy are you confused!!

Switching on or off genes is mutation
Mutating would fall under growing gills something our kind doesn't have at all.
Pointed ears or brown eyes is not a mutation.

Time to go back to school.

Mutation 101, the fantastic four. X-Men

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85679 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we get to the science we need to make sure all you atheist know what words mean. You all seem to feel the need to twist definition of words.
The universe is every bit of matter and energy and space. I'm sorry you don't think that's correct but that's the meaning of the word universe.
I know what the universe is, and is made of.
You want to say it is the absolute limit and nothing exists beyond or outside but it, but you cannot possibly know that. Whats worse is that you're the believer arguing with me it's impossible for your own god to exist. Because if it is limited to this universe it simply does not exist. I'm not arguing it does exist, just laughing at your feeble attempt to conquer science , but are an epic fail.

Why don't you try explaining how your god can exist outside this universe. At least them you would make sense, because at your rate of denial , you will convince me there's no possible way your god exists.^^

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85680 Apr 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Jews are Jewish not Christians dummy. It was monotheistic that was the reason, but awesome, no it was a phase of learning.
Most humans are as rudimentary as baboons.
Again wrong. Christianity is a religion started by the Jews. Jesus, Peter, James, John and other majority were all Jews. Do your home work, Dummy.
KJV

United States

#85681 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure I do.
Well you're wrong. But that's nothing new for you.
KJV

United States

#85682 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,I know your Jesus fable quite well.
I'm sure you don't.
KJV

United States

#85683 Apr 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Right, so what you're saying is that ALL religions in the world are actually all just great big massive dishonest liars for Jesus? Well done!
No
KJV

United States

#85684 Apr 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>No, but they are:

Homo sapiens sapiens

Humano

Humain

Menslike

Mensch

&#1095;&#1077;&#10 83;&#1086;&#1074;& #1077;&#1082;

&#20154;&#30340; (Rén de)

... for example. Note they are all different. Some radically so. Yet they all mean the same thing. This is because they are arbitrary labels.

KJV wrote, "Human who are Christians know they were created as a human whole no mutations required."

No they don't.

KJV wrote, "You and your buddies calling Christians apes because you believe they are is no difference then Charles Darwin calling blacks the inferior race, which he truly believed."

Except you're misrepresenting Darwin for one:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

And you're misrepresenting me for another.

And you're misrepresenting evolution.

After all, according to the modern evolutionary synthesis, NO race or species is more or less evolved than another.

Creationism on the other hand claims Adam and Eve were created "perfect", and probably white. Anything different to that is inferior. That's ASTOUNDINGLY racist.

KJV wrote, "Christians are not apes and we don't in general care for your name calling belief that makes you think you are free to call anyone an ape and that's ok to do so."

I don't care that you don't care. You don't care about reality.(shrug)

It is also okay for me to do so for at least two reasons:

1 - Freedom of speech.

2 - It is scientifically correct.

KJV wrote, "Now on the count of three try exhaling and farting at the same time that just might help you pull your head out of your azz......
One, Two, Three!
Damn I was hoping that would work."

My head's not in my azz. You're looking at your own mirror.
"Creationism on the other hand claims Adam and Eve were created "perfect", and probably white. Anything different to that is inferior. That's ASTOUNDINGLY racist."

Your words not ours.

"and probably white". LOL

No you really can't believe this?

Adam and Eve were most likely Black.
KJV

United States

#85685 Apr 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>In which case I addressed your concerns while you avoided mine.

The air's fine, I'm nowhere near your head.
"avoided mine. " really bad dude.

There maybe multiverse however they would still be inside of the UNIverse.
Because the universe includes all (not some) yes ALL matter and energy.
Do try and keep up. By the way how's the air in there?

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85686 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again wrong. Christianity is a religion started by the Jews. Jesus, Peter, James, John and other majority were all Jews. Do your home work, Dummy.
Yes baboon like , I did say.
Christianity is a Greco Roman invention.
Which relies on the Torah , Paul invented Christianity and then
Constantine founded it in force. You are the sheep it produces.
KJV

United States

#85687 Apr 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I know what the universe is, and is made of.
You want to say it is the absolute limit and nothing exists beyond or outside but it, but you cannot possibly know that. Whats worse is that you're the believer arguing with me it's impossible for your own god to exist. Because if it is limited to this universe it simply does not exist. I'm not arguing it does exist, just laughing at your feeble attempt to conquer science , but are an epic fail.

Why don't you try explaining how your god can exist outside this universe. At least them you would make sense, because at your rate of denial , you will convince me there's no possible way your god exists.^^
You're so twisted

1) those are not my definitions they are from many sources all listed

2) I'm not twisting the definitions at all
I using it as listed.

The universe is every bit of matter, space and energy.

No matter can exist outside of the universe because by definition all matter is in the universe.

This simple definition and concept seems to elude you. Pretty sad where you believe you have to go to protect you belief system.

The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe
noun
1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.

Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)

universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary

http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...

universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe

Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#85688 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so twisted
1) those are not my definitions they are from many sources all listed
2) I'm not twisting the definitions at all
I using it as listed.
The universe is every bit of matter, space and energy.
No matter can exist outside of the universe because by definition all matter is in the universe.
This simple definition and concept seems to elude you. Pretty sad where you believe you have to go to protect you belief system.
The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence, including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe
Translate universe | into French | into German |into Italian | into Spanish
Definition of universe
noun
1 (the universe) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.
Origin:
late Middle English: from Old French univers or Latin universum, neuter of universus 'combined into one, whole', from uni-'one'+ versus 'turned'(past participle of vertere)
universe in other Oxford dictionaries
Definition of universe in the US English dictionary
http://www.definitions.net/definition/univers...
universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/universe
Main Entry: uni·verse
Pronunciation:\ˈyü-nə-ˌvə rs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin universum, from neuter ofuniversus entire, whole, from uni-+versus turned toward, from past participle of vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 14th century
1 : the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated :cosmos: as a : a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power b : the world of human experience c (1): the entire celestial cosmos (2): milky way galaxy (3):an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy 2 : a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization 3 : population 4 : a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem 5 : a great number or quantity <a large enough universe of stocks … to choose from — G. B. Clairmont>
sometimes you say, and i quote, "The universe is every bit of matter, space and energy. "

and other times you say god exists outside of the universe...

which is it?

Logic is fun!

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85689 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so twisted
1) those are not my definitions they are from many sources all listed
You cherry pick though, and your dishonesty is shining like a thousand stars.

"The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence,[1][2][3][4] including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.[5][6] The broadest definition of universe is that it is simply everything,

*while a narrower definition is that the universe is limited to what can be observed."

This definition is even narrowed down more.

Definition as connected space-time
See also: Chaotic Inflation theory

It is possible to conceive of disconnected space-times, each existing but unable to interact with one another. An easily visualized metaphor is a group of separate soap bubbles, in which observers living on one soap bubble cannot interact with those on other soap bubbles, even in principle. According to one common terminology, each "soap bubble" of space-time is denoted as a universe, whereas our particular space-time is denoted as the Universe, just as we call our moon the Moon. The entire collection of these separate space-times is denoted as the multiverse.[31] In principle, the other unconnected universes may have different dimensionalities and topologies of space-time, different forms of matter and energy, and different physical laws and physical constants, although such possibilities are purely speculative.
Definition as observable reality
See also: Observable Universe and Observational cosmology

According to a still-more-restrictive definition, the Universe is everything within our connected space-time that could have a chance to interact with us and vice versa.[citation needed] According to

*the general theory of relativity,

some regions of space may never interact with ours even in the lifetime of the Universe, due to the finite speed of light and the ongoing expansion of space. For example, radio messages sent from Earth may never reach some regions of space, even if the Universe would live forever; space may expand faster than light can traverse it.

Distant regions of space are taken to exist and be part of reality as much as we are; yet we can never interact with them. The spatial region within which we can affect and be affected is the observable Universe. Strictly speaking, the observable Universe depends on the location of the observer. By traveling, an observer can come into contact with a greater region of space-time than an observer who remains still, so that the observable Universe for the former is larger than for the latter. Nevertheless, even the most rapid traveler will not be able to interact with all of space. Typically, the observable Universe is taken to mean the Universe observable from our vantage point in the Milky Way Galaxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe#Etymolo...

You are as biased and dishonest in science as you are in religion.
You have rudimentary understanding and project what you want, the universe is much more than we know, as yet. Still we discover it boundaries are stretched father than we imagine.
We also have discovered our 3 Dimensions can be broken down into two
2 dimensional flat planes , we aren't sure where that will take our understanding. But it is mind boggling, and counter intuitive.
As are many things we have come to understand.

But the one thing we really understand as scientists , is that we cannot
impose limits on what is , or yet to be discovered .
Whether there is anything beyond our universe , dimensionally or physically, we absolutely cannot say yet. But the fact we can break down
3D into 2 2D planes suggests there is something beyond this universe.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#85690 Apr 10, 2013
Goodness has this degenerated into a cowpie slingfest!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 1 hr Paul Porter1 972
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr MikeF 18,073
News Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) 4 hr Dogen 3,397
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 20 hr Kong_ 178,178
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Mar 26 Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Mar 26 MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar 25 Paul Porter1 1
More from around the web