Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164459 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85395 Apr 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no cult and no lies. just proven facts.
your cult lied to you...repeatedly. now you are telling the same lies and you know it.
Bearing false witness again, Buddy Wood.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85396 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, before the Romans under Emperor Constantine recognised Christianity, a solid war were fought?
Think, Woody.
think about what? your post made no sense at all.

the history of christians killing people to spread their cult is widespread and verifiable. it spread a bloody swath across our planet in doing so.

St. Croix valley

#85397 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Bearing false witness again, Buddy Wood.
no, Chaz, just proven fact.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85398 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony.
How so?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#85399 Apr 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"could actually HAVE a physical form that He reproduced in some sort of cute miniature for humans"
This is a good point. But according to the Bible, God has shown his face or himself to many humans though out time. While he most likely doesn't hold this form it seems to be the form he chooses to manifest himself as.
"Perhaps more intelligent readers would understand that by "in his image" was meant the ability to think and perceive and create, or to act with free will"
It is conceivable. You could also be correct somethings we will never know in this life. I would not rule out either possibility.
Meaning, if God showed "a face" that was manifested to be familiar to humans, then its perfectly compatible that we evolved from apes and our physical image is just a reflection of that.

On planet Zog where the intelligent life resembles a six legged giant squid, God came down to enlighten the natives and manifested himself as a squidly beast, not an apelike one. Just so as not to scare them.

Level 6

Location hidden

#85400 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>How?
What contradicts what?
Ofcourse the Jewish authorities conspired with the Romans to erase any traces of Jesus existence.
Herod even did part of that, by wiping out every age groups of Jesus.
hahahaha

The best proof you have that Jesus existed is the complete lack of reliable evidence for him then? That is insanely circular.

Level 6

Location hidden

#85401 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A religion that is solely concerned or interested in blood shed (jihad), is never(not) the will of God.
Yet Islam is not solely concerned with Jihad. That is the silliest thing I ever heard.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85402 Apr 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>think about what? your post made no sense at all.
the history of christians killing people to spread their cult is widespread and verifiable. it spread a bloody swath across our planet in doing so.
Likewise.
Now tell me and don't run away, did the Christians fought with the Romans before the religion was recognised?

Level 6

Location hidden

#85403 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the Balkans. Greece today, is predominantly Christian nation.
God speak to us daily using prophets to tell us the way forward, but the problem with us, is that we normally pay a deaf ears to that. What can God do in that regard?
Greece was for centuries under the control of the Muslim Turks.

But that is not the main issue. All of North Africa and the near middle east, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Egypt, were permanently changed to Islam by God's will, since He let the Islamic conquerors overrun all of these previously Christian places. Spain too, though that was taken back by the Catholics after hundreds of years of fighting.

You have to understand here Charles, I do not actually think Christianity, Islam, or Judaism are REALLY God's will. They are all human Cults, that's all. But claiming God is on YOUR Cult's side looks pretty silly when you consider all of history. And there are major civilisations such as the Hindu and the Chinese that developed advanced moral systems with hardly a thought of these Monotheistic Cults of the "far western barbarians" any more than Christians gave a damn about the Aztecs (except to run them through with swords and steal their gold).

St. Croix valley

#85404 Apr 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise.
Now tell me and don't run away, did the Christians fought with the Romans before the religion was recognised?
What does that have to do with the bloody swath that christianity spread across the globe in their zeal to spread their cult?

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#85405 Apr 8, 2013
"That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

Albert Einstein

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#85407 Apr 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Morality is a human construct.. nothing more. Which is why it varies.
Morality is founded on a person choice! Are you not able to choose for yourself? Yes or No

Level 3

Planet Earth

#85408 Apr 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate America, Curtis?
I ONLY <<<<<HATE> >>> PEOPLE WHO REJECT ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I DONíT GIVE A FLYING F**** WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE IN! THESE PEOPLE ARE NO GOOD AND YOU FALL IN THE CATEGORY OF NO GOOD PEOPLE!

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ONLY WANT THINGS THERE WAYS AND DONíT GIVE A SH!IT ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE UNIVERSAL SCALE!

ME AND YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE DONíT MIX AND NEVER WILL!

Level 3

Planet Earth

#85409 Apr 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem being that only God (assuming it even exists at all) would know absolute truth. If a God does not exist, it is still possible that absolute truth exists, except the only problem is that it is unknowable.
Only un-knowable to INFERIOR complexes who reject absolute truth!

The law of non-contradiction states you either accept ALL absolute truth or reject all absolute truth. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN AND YOUR CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR MIND BY CHOICE!

A person who rejects them are nothing but pieces of Sh!ts who only want things there way because absolute truth teaches EQUALITY!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And since you are an imperfect being and not God I reject all your claims to any such knowledge.
Your sh!tty opinions donít mean nothing to me! I know what I AM and thatís all that matters!
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but any "God law" violates the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. This is because it guarantees both freedom of and freedom from religion. Therefore your law can only be implemented if you hate America.
ABSOLUTE TRUTH IS THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTON!
I CALL GOD ABSOLUTE TRUTH BECAUSE THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I donít need to mention GOD name in the constitution! All I need to mention is ďthe law of non-contradictionĒ!

Absolute truth is not a religion and it ensures every one ABSOOLUTE FREEDOM!
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85410 Apr 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Only un-knowable to INFERIOR complexes who reject absolute truth!
The law of non-contradiction states you either accept ALL absolute truth or reject all absolute truth. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN AND YOUR CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR MIND BY CHOICE!
A person who rejects them are nothing but pieces of Sh!ts who only want things there way because absolute truth teaches EQUALITY!
<quoted text>
Your sh!tty opinions donít mean nothing to me! I know what I AM and thatís all that matters!
<quoted text>
ABSOLUTE TRUTH IS THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTON!
I CALL GOD ABSOLUTE TRUTH BECAUSE THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I donít need to mention GOD name in the constitution! All I need to mention is ďthe law of non-contradictionĒ!
Absolute truth is not a religion and it ensures every one ABSOOLUTE FREEDOM!
Time to get another shrink and change your meds.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#85411 Apr 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I ONLY <<<<<HATE> >>> PEOPLE WHO REJECT ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I DONíT GIVE A FLYING F**** WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE IN! THESE PEOPLE ARE NO GOOD AND YOU FALL IN THE CATEGORY OF NO GOOD PEOPLE!
PEOPLE LIKE YOU ONLY WANT THINGS THERE WAYS AND DONíT GIVE A SH!IT ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE UNIVERSAL SCALE!
ME AND YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE DONíT MIX AND NEVER WILL!
I know something that is absolutely true... you are a flippin' nut-bag! Wow...
KJV

United States

#85412 Apr 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even know what "real solid evidence" is?

We have real solid evidence.
So do we.
KJV

United States

#85413 Apr 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>No they aren't. They all disagree with each other.
Doesn't matter they're right.

St. Croix valley

#85414 Apr 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So do we.
no, you have nothing but the lies your cult tells you to repeat.

you have never shown one single shred of evidence. not one.
KJV

United States

#85415 Apr 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Whether you think there was a NEED or not is irrelevant. You DID mutate. This is scientifically observable, every day. This is why you are not all clones who are exactly alike. Ergo, life changes. If some Christians are offended by reality then that's NOT our problem. We don't GIVE a fig. We already KNOW that fundies have been offended by reality ever since they made up their religion.

It's not a case of deliberate insult with intent to offend. It's simply us describing reality. Fundie Christians were so offended that Galileo described reality with the Earth not being at the center of the universe, so much so that they threatened to hang him.

Early in the 21st century the Catholic Church "forgave" him.
Boy are you confused!!

Switching on or off genes is mutation
Mutating would fall under growing gills something our kind doesn't have at all.
Pointed ears or brown eyes is not a mutation. Time to go back to school.

Mutation 101, the fantastic four. X-Men

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 9 min Chimney1 141,374
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 35 min thetruth 19,085
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) 2 hr Rose_NoHo 473
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 7 hr Dogen 1,874
When is Quote Mining Justified? 16 hr Zog Has-fallen 26
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 17 hr Ooogah Boogah 178,618
How can we prove God exists, or does not? Thu GTID62 86
More from around the web