Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209841 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84900 Apr 5, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Sometime I wonder what century these fundies live in.
My thinking is founded on an eternal concept.

So what century would you classify me in?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84901 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no archeology proves the god part of the bible, in fact archeology disproves it more that proves it. perhaps you are confusing finding cities mentioned in the bible with proof of some god? it is not...
Like i said, Christianity/ Judaism has the most outstounding archaeological evidences than any other religions.
God is infinite, denying his existence is ignorance in the highest order.
Why death?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84903 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they didn't write about him during his life. they didn't even copy down what he said. if they really thought he was god or the saviour or even able to perform the miracles they said they saw, they would have copied down everything he said. they would have kept his used tissues and socks....
they did not do that, they didn't even write about him at all until long after he was dead and they could inflate, exaggerate, and use his story for their political gain.
jesus was a media sounbyte...
What the hell( hoot) are you talking about?
What has politics got to do with Jesus existence.
The world today especially the western one, is secularised. What is your point.
More over, Historians actually confirmed his existence.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84904 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your premise, there is nothing like origin but development.
You are fouled for ignorance.
Both words goes together, all languages are one way or the other, connected together.
But where it originated and developed, remain intact.
so all languages are connected in one way or the other....

Hmmmm, please esxplain the connection to languages in the Pacific islands, like Samoa, Hawaii, Solomon islands to any indo-european language and their connections to the Amerinds

or the connection between any native African civilization to any other language of Asia, North/South America, Pacific Islands....
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84905 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you don't understand what " proof or evidence ", is all about.
I almost choked on my bagel!! Been hitting the Aquavit a little early today Chuckie?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84906 Apr 5, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
My thinking is founded on an eternal concept.
So what century would you classify me in?
Sure it are.(rolls eyes)
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84907 Apr 5, 2013
Take 2..... Sure it is (eyes roll)

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84908 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said, Christianity/ Judaism has the most outstounding archaeological evidences than any other religions.
Why death?
really..........other than your Bible, please name any historical document written when your Jesus was said to have existed that mentions his name and activities.

If you were to actually study other religions, you would soon see the similarities between Chritianity and the Egyptian stories of Isis and Osiris

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Christianity is also similar to Mitharism

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristiani...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84909 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell( hoot) are you talking about?
nothing with his existence, but a lot to do with his being a deity. that was made up by people for their political gain at the time, as proven by the way they acted toward him and wrote about him...

St. Croix valley

#84910 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said, Christianity/ Judaism has the most outstounding archaeological evidences than any other religions.
Why death?
what archeological finds support the myth of the abrahamic god?

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84911 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell( hoot) are you talking about?
again, considering all that Jesus proportedly did, name one historian that recorded anything about jesus when he was said to have existed.

NEWSFLASH nothing was ever written about Jesus when he was alledged to have existed.......
Why is that???

Level 2

Location hidden

#84912 Apr 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that’s what I said. Funny how you try obfuscating your lies and confusion with fact when it starts getting to hot for you
There is no ranting in my post there is FACT, you may consider it ranting because it blows your conception of English right out of the water but who cares about your idiotic ideas?
Jeesus fooking christ on a crutch. You still have not looked up the meaning of unique. You still use it to misrepresent you stupid ideas, you are looking sillier by the post. I even poste an alternative word that you could use,“developed” but you seem to have ignored that.
Here let me make it easy for you
UNIQUE – Adj - Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else
Now I have shown you that English is in some respect like French, German, Dutch, Danish, Latin and Greek there are also a few other influences there –
i.e;. NOT UNIQUE
Then English from your premise could have been named another name, instead of English, because of its many influences. All languages had that influences and their origins and development remain intact, English is not an exception.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84913 Apr 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have been trying to explain that very concept to you for 5 months – good that it has eventually got through your thick skull. Now you don’t have very far to go to get this part of you life sorted out. Just look up (and at least try to understand) the meaning of “unique”
No English did not ORIGINATE in England, it developed in England, it originated from several different languages
When i say unique i mean, no other people have first spoken that language except the English( people of England). It might be Germanic or west Germanic, but the issue is that, it was first spoken in England.
Define first, it means start or origin. Just admit your error and move on.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84914 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are indeed a MORON.
The whole nation that takes English as lingua franca, native or official language, does so because of their influences with England.
How can the English adopt their own language?
The US, Canada, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, etc, adopted the English language.
as for Scotland, Ireland and Wales adopting the English language, if you mean they were conquered and forced to ADOPT the English language, well yes you are right
as for the United States adopting the English language, its actually because England dominated the colonization of North America and thanks the French and Indian Wars

kinda like how Spain dominated the colonization of South America which explains why Spanish is the dominate language there

your understanding of history both ancient and recent is somewhat lacking

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84915 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Using Mathematical Equations to disprove the existence of God, makes you looks stupid.
Many have done that, but to no avail.
No one can rule out the existence of the Almighty.
while your statement that no one can rule out the existance of the almighty n one can prove the existane of od.

in fct there is abolutely no evience to support the existance of an omnipotet being but plenty of evidence that suggsts it doesn't exist

Level 2

Location hidden

#84916 Apr 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have been trying to explain that very concept to you for 5 months – good that it has eventually got through your thick skull. Now you don’t have very far to go to get this part of you life sorted out. Just look up (and at least try to understand) the meaning of “unique”
No English did not ORIGINATE in England, it developed in England, it originated from several different languages
And lastly, all languages developed or started from one or more languages, to became independent from one another, French, Portuguese, Spanish, all from Latin, but originated and developed in France, Portugal and Spain. Just think!

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84917 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text> That makes no sense. Morality varies from person to person and society to society.
The “ability to choose”(foundation to morality) does not vary from person to person and society to society. In fact this is how all humans man\woman on planet earth is created equal so there for we can formulate a governmental law on a universal scale to protect every man/woman ability to choose with no exceptions.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature governs morality? WTH?
Yes, that biological mechanism in all human brain (innate behavior) governs the information (reality), you take in which leads to thoughts and eventually actions (moral behavior).
This is the mechanism (lead to moral behavior) nature governs NOT MAN!

Civil laws made by governments that contradict this natural law leads to chaos!

St. Croix valley

#84918 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again, considering all that Jesus proportedly did, name one historian that recorded anything about jesus when he was said to have existed.
NEWSFLASH nothing was ever written about Jesus when he was alledged to have existed.......
Why is that???
because he was just another human. if he had actually performed miracles, he would have had thousands following him. people were far more supertisitious back then, and today people will drive across a country to see a water stain on a stucco wall that might possibly look like what they think the virgin Mary would have looked like!

this man was no god, he was used after his death to promote people's political aims.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84919 Apr 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if my answers confuse your tiny mind
You asked a question, I gave you an answer that was factual. You changes your question. You were told how stupid you were being so you changed your question again
Do you really think that everyone is a stupid as you?
A simple answer, you are STUPID.

St. Croix valley

#84920 Apr 5, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I almost choked on my bagel!! Been hitting the Aquavit a little early today Chuckie?
yes, i have learned to not read Chaz's posts when sipping my coffee...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,270
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 45,557
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr Dogen 152,219
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sep 25 Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
News A better theory of intelligent design Sep 23 Chazofsaints 21
More from around the web