Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 200949 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84624 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
TIP TO ABSOLUTE TRUTH SEEKERS!
Schools don’t teach absolute truths, they instead give you the tools and knowledge to discover them and this is a choice each and every individual has to make on his/her own, because schools don’t make choices for you, the individual does!
This is a self-evident truth validated with empirical evidence because every human being on planet earth has the innate biological mechanism called “the ability to choose” and this is an absolute truth
You are not God so cannot claim to know absolute truth. Nobody on Earth can. The best we could ever come up with would be a close approximation.

Oh by the way, if a God exists, free will does not. Unless you want to violate your own rule of non-contradiction.

Again.
Infinite Force wrote:
and foundation to the scientific moral law!
There is no scientific moral law. Science makes no moral claims, period.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#84625 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was Washou who asked where his kitten was after it had passed on
Kanzi and Panbanisha, often asked to be taken for a walk or a particular food or drink.
These are questions, they may not be profound questions but they are what matters to an ape.
It was Koko and she did not ask , she was told. Koko cried. The cat's name was AllBall.
FREE SERVANT
#84627 Apr 4, 2013
Mankind has been given dominion over the whole organizational range of kinds and all species will always be subject to man.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84628 Apr 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Mankind has been given dominion over the whole organizational range of kinds and all species will always be subject to man.
ego much?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84629 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read comprehensively!
I mentioned adoption.
I don't think you understand the meaning of that( Adoption). It is not how far but how well. The English carried the day.
When you post something comprehensible perhaps it will be understood.
FREE SERVANT
#84630 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you paid attention I never denied absolute truth. I merely pointed out that you have no idea what it is. Hence why you are not God, and hence why your entire premise is flawed.
Of course we both already know this, which is why you avoided addressing my actual posts in favour of demanding we take your baseless philosophical claims seriously. Great thing about reality is that reality is still real even when you think otherwise.
One absolute truth in nature, is that love exists.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84631 Apr 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a full grown man evolve from clay? Irrationality in the highest order.
How can a full grown woman evolve from a rib? Irrationality in the highest order.
The evidence is very clear. Humans were all made from the dust or soil of the earth, while the spirit that makes us to dream is God's breathe of life.
The spirit must return to God for judgement, while the flesh will end up as soil.
Rationality in the highest order.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84632 Apr 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a full grown man evolve from clay? Irrationality in the highest order.
How can a full grown woman evolve from a rib? Irrationality in the highest order.
And finally, God is not man( human), he is the creator of the universe. There is nothing he can do.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84633 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant moron, I answered the question and you ignored that answer and posted a completely different question. I re-posted your question to veryfy what you wrote and then you lie about it
That is an insult to intelligence, particularly when the proof of your lies to your god are in the very posts you make. Honey don’t make the mistake that we are all as stupid and childish as you,
Go on!
Non stop!
If insulting some one is one of your password, good for you.
You are indeed clueless. I ask again, is English French?
Even though English has some or several French words, does that makes English to be French? NO!
Just think instead of your rantings.

St. Croix valley

#84634 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The evidence is very clear. Humans were all made from the dust or soil of the earth, while the spirit that makes us to dream is God's breathe of life.
The spirit must return to God for judgement, while the flesh will end up as soil.
Rationality in the highest order.
no, there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that. dreaming is just the subconscious brain at work, proven fact.

ther is not oen shred of evidedence of any soul or spirit. none whatsoever, another myth of your cult, the one that preys on your deepest fear...

St. Croix valley

#84635 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And finally, God is not man( human), he is the creator of the universe. There is nothing he can do.
i'm sure youmeant nthing he cannot do, but that is not true, he cannot get his own creation story right...

Level 2

Location hidden

#84636 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant moron, I answered the question and you ignored that answer and posted a completely different question. I re-posted your question to veryfy what you wrote and then you lie about it
That is an insult to intelligence, particularly when the proof of your lies to your god are in the very posts you make. Honey don’t make the mistake that we are all as stupid and childish as you,
And again, show me any country or nation in mainland Europe where English are taken as official language? Waiting!

St. Croix valley

#84637 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, show me any country or nation in mainland Europe where English are taken as official language? Waiting!
every airport....

Level 2

Location hidden

#84638 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You give the impression that English was magiced up in England, not so, it is a hybrid language derived from French and several other languages as I have already shown you.
You seem to be contradicting your own posts here. Look at the roots of those synonyms, see from which languages they derived.
<quoted text>
May I suggest you look up the meaning of unique, your ignorance is letting you down here.
The English language comprises of a fair percentage of words derived from other languages as I have already proved.
As for unique to England, what language do they speak in Scotland? Wales? Ireland? IOM?, Jersey? Much of Canada, Most of America, Australia, South Africa, India and the other 50 odd Sovereign states and 27 non sovereign principalities that have English as their primary language.
The more you argue this point of you’re the deeper in the mire you get.
Do you normally think with your eyes closed?
All languages has one or more influences with one another.
French( France), Spanish( Spain), Portuguese( Portugal), all has/ had influences from Latin, but the origin of those languages took place in those respective places and not Rome( Italy). Just admit your ignorance and think with both eyes opened.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84639 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You give the impression that English was magiced up in England, not so, it is a hybrid language derived from French and several other languages as I have already shown you.
You seem to be contradicting your own posts here. Look at the roots of those synonyms, see from which languages they derived.
<quoted text>
May I suggest you look up the meaning of unique, your ignorance is letting you down here.
The English language comprises of a fair percentage of words derived from other languages as I have already proved.
As for unique to England, what language do they speak in Scotland? Wales? Ireland? IOM?, Jersey? Much of Canada, Most of America, Australia, South Africa, India and the other 50 odd Sovereign states and 27 non sovereign principalities that have English as their primary language.
The more you argue this point of you’re the deeper in the mire you get.
Get a clue on the meaning of the word, " adoption ".
Most of these nations including yours, adopted English because of the English( people of England's influences).

Level 2

Location hidden

#84640 Apr 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, you silly pillock.
You've got it bass-ackwards again.
You maintain that there's a deity.
I await evidence.
And also yours.
Waiting!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84641 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I say this with no hyperbole - I have had more fulfilling conversations with chatbots than with you, charles.
Good luck?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84642 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Total Charles garbage. The default state of humanity is atheism, a person is born not believing in a god, belief in a god, any god, depending on where you were born and who your parents are is an indoctrinated behaviour.
You are the one who is abnormal, you differ from the default state.
P.S. again E=MC^2 shows that the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6 cannot exists in this universe.
P.P.S You said it yourself,“evolved”(I think you meant ‘evolve’ but never mind) Just because you do not understand evolution does not mean that evolution does not happen, all it means is that you don’t understand.
This clown is indeed very sick. Must you resort to insults all the time?
Any way, a typical nature of a loser.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84643 Apr 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
God bless.
This is an absolute truth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84644 Apr 4, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>When you post something comprehensible perhaps it will be understood.
Likewise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 11 min Fear-God 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 59 min Brian_G 40,138
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr marksman11 151,411
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr DanFromSmithville 15,722
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... Thu One way or another 4
Proof that all of Christianity is a lie Thu THE LONE WORKER 41
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) Wed Bob of Quantum-Faith 82
More from around the web