Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,994)

Showing posts 79,861 - 79,880 of105,798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with light hearted conversation, but I am not jesting about the Bible.
that's kinda sad, because as has been proven to you time and time again, it is false book. cult deprogramming is difficult, but you should really try it. it is not a healthy mindset to deny the reality in front of you.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

God created all things in heaven and in earth and we can read the truth about creation in the Holy scriptures. There are no creatures in the univese that God did not make. God has created angels and then he has created mankind and this is it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
God created all things in heaven and in earth and we can read the truth about creation in the Holy scriptures. There are no creatures in the univese that God did not make. God has created angels and then he has created mankind and this is it.
except that he got his own creation story wrong. what kind of fake god is that? proven wrong.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>except that he got his own creation story wrong. what kind of fake god is that? proven wrong.
Have you ever considered that you may be reading it wrong?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever considered that you may be reading it wrong?
no, my reading comprehension has always tested at teh highest levels.

if you mean have i tried twisting it to try and make it maich the real world, no, what would be the point of that? there are many cults, like yours, that do that all the time. and none of it makes any difference. it is still wrong. it is still just the myths of ancient people hashed and re-hashed.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible tells us, if we know what to look for and understand what we read.
Would you call yourself a person of truth or faith?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

I can only tell others how I see things and I have been wrong before, but I have discovered things in the past that many people had taught was impossible and after I had proven they were true, I found that many so-called learned people had been leading people wrong. Just because everybody that you know says something, it may still not be so. I have no doubt that the Bible is true, but I do have doubts about people and I have made mistakes in the past by trusting others way too much.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
That's a very nice fairy tale. We all know it was The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or was it J.R. "Bob" Dobbs or (insert your favorite deity here) did it!

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
GOD created man-kind in his likeness didn't he?

1.The fact or quality of being alike; resemblance: "her likeness to him was astonishing".
2.The semblance, guise, or outward appearance of: "humans are described as being made in God's likeness".
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=sear...

Let me ask you, how are you and GOD alike? What quality do you and GOD have that is EXACTLY the same?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I can only tell others how I see things and I have been wrong before, but I have discovered things in the past that many people had taught was impossible and after I had proven they were true, I found that many so-called learned people had been leading people wrong. Just because everybody that you know says something, it may still not be so. I have no doubt that the Bible is true, but I do have doubts about people and I have made mistakes in the past by trusting others way too much.
how can you no have doubts in the bible when it has been shown to you to be proven wrong? that is really not a healthy mindset...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD created man-kind in his likeness didn't he?
1.The fact or quality of being alike; resemblance: "her likeness to him was astonishing".
2.The semblance, guise, or outward appearance of: "humans are described as being made in God's likeness".
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=sear...
Let me ask you, how are you and GOD alike? What quality do you and GOD have that is EXACTLY the same?
The way I read this is that God created the angels who were the heavenly host and they attended to God. The angels do resemble men in there spiritual form and mankind was made in the image and likeness of God and the angels.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The way I read this is that God created the angels who were the heavenly host and they attended to God. The angels do resemble men in there spiritual form and mankind was made in the image and likeness of God and the angels.
in what way would a god need attending to? that is just silly...

why is there not one shred of evidence of this spirit that the cults use to hook you inductees?

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>That's a very nice fairy tale. We all know it was The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or was it J.R. "Bob" Dobbs or (insert your favorite deity here) did it!
This religion is a stepping stone to the absolute truth! It takes inner strength to only hold on to what is true in this book and dis-card what is not because when you commit to something as a truth seeker it’s all the way or not at all. If they are truly seeking truth they will let it go and only hold on to the truths they have discovered and keep seeking for truths in different books. They got to reach deep and find something they can hold on to and validate what they are talking about without the use of the bible and still feel they are not dis-respecting GOD.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
This religion is a stepping stone to the absolute truth! It takes inner strength to only hold on to what is true in this book and dis-card what is not because when you commit to something as a truth seeker it&#8217;s all the way or not at all. If they are truly seeking truth they will let it go and only hold on to the truths they have discovered and keep seeking for truths in different books. They got to reach deep and find something they can hold on to and validate what they are talking about without the use of the bible and still feel they are not dis-respecting GOD.
There are no other books to compare with the greatest one ever compiled.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The way I read this is that God created the angels who were the heavenly host and they attended to God. The angels do resemble men in there spiritual form and mankind was made in the image and likeness of God and the angels.
Likeness of you and GOD is you both have the ability to choose.

Didn’t Jesus say we are all gods in your bible?

Remember, if you hold the bible to be the truth then you must hold everything in that book to be true. You can't hold some things to be true and some things not to be true.

Remember the bible said hold on to only that is true.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What? The assertion that some scientific beliefs are, and could be wrong?
Of course you disregard any ideas that question your science cult mentality.
I wouldn't expect anything less.lol
That's not your assertion, your assertion is that specific scientific facts that you don't like are wrong, then you present no evidence to contradict the assertions made based on those facts. The key is: Evidence, without evidence you have nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
You are trusting people when you trust the bible.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There are no other books to compare with the greatest one ever compiled.
Sure there are. there are ones filled with facts, not lies. why would you follow a book full of known lies that was written by humans that were proven to not be divinely inspired?

this adherence to your cult in the face of reality really, really isn't a healthy frame of mind. have you sought counseling?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Likeness of you and GOD is you both have the ability to choose.
Didn&#8217;t Jesus say we are all gods in your bible?
Remember, if you hold the bible to be the truth then you must hold everything in that book to be true. You can't hold some things to be true and some things not to be true.
Remember the bible said hold on to only that is true.
Jesus said God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. If you are a truth seeker you will find what you are looking for in the pages of the Bible. There is one God according to the Bible and Jesus prayed to him.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

michellepain wrote:
Benjamin Wiker said that according to Darwin, "the European race, following the inevitable laws of natural selection, will emerge as the distinct species, human being, and all the transitional forms—such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, Negro, Australian aborigine and so on—will be extinct." (Wiker 2002:250).
He was obviously wrong wasn't he??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,861 - 79,880 of105,798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••