Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171795 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#84458 Apr 2, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mr. tick
"the bible that is full of proven lies?"
No lies.
"the one who's first message to humans is that knowledge is bad? "
Only the knowledge that the fruit of that tree would reveal.
"that bible? "
Yes the Bible of Moses.
"surely you jest, shirly."
I'm Mary
M&M

Well come on in, you'll fit right in we have the Pope, Jesus , God and a slew of other famous people in here, it don't matter if they dead or just imaginary. But it's BYOB now I mean it, BYOB and come on in!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#84460 Apr 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept and speak in absolute truths and validate it as self-evident truths (undeniable) supported with empirical evidence.
In other words, I am not religious and I support no documented religions, philosophical views and scientific INDIVIVIDUAL statements that are not validated as an absolute truth. Your scientific method is not qualified to deal with my scientific method and discoveries of absolute truths found in reality because the existence of reality is not falsifiable by your scientific method because all there is in reality is absolute truths because reality its self is an absolute truth. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KNOW AND UNDERTAND WHY WE WILL NEVER AGREE WHEN WE ARE INVESTIGATING SCIENTIFIC ISSUES!
Now...do you want to rephrase a different question to me that is not based on reality (absolute truth) because this is all your scientific method can speak on!
Sorry my friend, but you are batsh!t crazy. Science HAS proven the things I listed and it IS reality. Just another apologist for Christian lies.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84461 Apr 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Well come on in, you'll fit right in we have the Pope, Jesus , God and a slew of other famous people in here, it don't matter if they dead or just imaginary. But it's BYOB now I mean it, BYOB and come on in!
Bring your own Bible?

No thanks I'll bring Gods Word.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#84462 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question. Why are you hard headed?
Why don't you give me even the slightest reason to change my mind?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84463 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>English is free from latin influences? really? i'd say that isn't a very AMIABLE look at English...what a tool!
A simple question. Is English Latin?
An Italian( Roman) must learn/ practise English before he/ she will understand the language. That is the distinction. Dig?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84464 Apr 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you give me even the slightest reason to change my mind?
That is not my business. We are in democracy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#84465 Apr 2, 2013
Smart people are worried about….
“The diversion of intellectual effort from innovation to exploitation, the distraction of incessant warfare, rising fundamentalism may trigger a Dark Age.”
–Frank Wilczek, MIT physicist

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#84466 Apr 3, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. A lot of those stories have a grain of truth in them some where. That's not to say we should accept the book, in its entirety, as a whole truth though.
Recently, there was a movie out about Lincoln being a Vampire hunter. There were facts in that movie. This does not mean, however, we should all believe in vampires.
Oh don’t say that, the babble is full of references to vampires, of course FS believes in them.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#84467 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Did those language that influenced English similar to English, yes or no? No!
Latin, Greek, Norman French, etc, are never the same as English.
That is the reason why, English is unique to England. Think!
So the professionals are wrong and you are right? Don’t talk utter bollocks all your life, take a day off.

“are never the same”–“unique”? See below
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, show me one trace English in Northern or Main land Europe? Waiting!
English despite its many influences, started in England.
There are over 4000 words of French that the English have taken and spell identically with exactly the same meaning. Here are some you know

absent, action, danger, fruit, nation, parking, police, sabotage, train.

There I bet you never realised you were intelligent enough to know some French

Also there are over 10,000 words in French that are spelled similar with the same meaning as English. Your idiotic shout to show you “one trace” is blown out of the water with about 12% of the most commonly used English words being taken directly from and spelled the same or similar to the French

To embarrass you a little but more, a similar situation applies for German, at least 300 words are identical, and a couple of thousand similar.

Addition, aluminium (European spelling), definition, detail, idiot, radius (see latin below), religion, testament and of course one of your favourite words “god” is of 6th century German origin.

Similar for Latin

Acerbic, caper, color, deus, femina, finis, homo, opus, pollen, radius, sinister, terminus, various.

All Latin words and I am sure there are some that you can instantly recognise although a few are spelled slightly differently.

And similar for Greek but the alphabet makes it a bit more difficult for you to comprehend, here’s a few using Latin script

amphoreus, neuron, pathos

Take a speaker of medieval English to Holland or Denmark and find speaker of the medieval dialect for that country, the conversation would be for the most part seamless. This has been done several times I have seen 3 TV programmes based in this fact.

It really is time you got of this English is English hobby horse of yours, every time you are disproved you go around back to the beginning hoping for a different answer.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#84468 Apr 3, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Likeness of you and GOD is you both have the ability to choose.
Didn’t Jesus say we are all gods in your bible?
Remember, if you hold the bible to be the truth then you must hold everything in that book to be true. You can't hold some things to be true and some things not to be true.
Remember the bible said hold on to only that is true.
Other apes show a clear reasoning capability and many species demonstrate the ability to choose.

So ... your bible was wrong again.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#84469 Apr 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Other apes show a clear reasoning capability and many species demonstrate the ability to choose.
So ... your bible was wrong again.
Why don't apes ask questions?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84470 Apr 3, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
If all biological interbreeding species that reproduce fertile off-spring of both sexes are not opposites on the universal scale on earth, then you are claiming that all biological reproductive species are the same. Then why can’t you mate with an opposite biological reproductive species like a bear? You and bears are either the “same” biological reproductive species or “opposite” biological reproductive species.
Why aren't I opposite to a shark? Or to a dog? Or platypus? We cannot reproduce due to genetic divergence.
Infinite Force wrote:
I know a lie (non-absolute truth) when I see one. Schools do not teach you this. It is something you must learn on your own. Now, you want to swap terms with opposite and species to organisms and different. FINE! NOW I APPLY THE SCIENTIFIC METOD TO THE INFORMATION (OBSEVABLE AND TEATABLE) YOU GIVE ME TO MAKE YOUR ARGGUMENT ABOUT REALITY (ABSOLUTE TRUTH).
You can’t be both at the same time. YOU MUST BE EITHER OR AND ONCE YOU PICK IT THE ANSWER MUST NOT CHANGE (OPPOSING ONE ANOTHER) BECAUSE THEN YOU WOULD CONTRADICT YOURSELF AND NATURE (THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTION) DON’T DO THIS, IT’S ONLY YOU AND YOUR FLAWED THINKING!
"Absolute truth" can never be determined. The best we can ever get is a close approximation. Your thinking is flawed.
Infinite Force wrote:
A little advice to you… Learn what information is first. Because physical evidence is the same as the information you are reading right now and they are both observable and testable by my scientific method that is founded on absolute truth and this dis-qualifies your scientific method because reality (absolute truth) is not falsifiable.
I don’t need to see physical evidence to know when you are lying (non-absolute truth) because the information you give to me is observable and testable just like your physical evidence though my scientific method which is founded on absolute truth (the reality you observe).
Evolution is testable. This is not a lie. In fact it's been demonstrated over and over even just during the ten pages previous. You have no method because your position is based upon an assumption regarding an abstract concept you are unable to demonstrate. That is why not only physical evidence is needed but must also be tested. You refuse. That is why I have not lied.
Infinite Force wrote:
YOU TELL ME REALITY IS NOT AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH THEN IT’S A SELF-EVIDENT TRUTH THAT YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!
DELUSIONAL – SPEAKING IN NON-ABSOLUTE TERMS ABOUT REALITY!
THEORY OF EVOLUTION IS SCIENCE FICTION AND YOU THINK IT’S REALITY (ABSOLUTE TRUTH).
No, reality is not self-evident. Someone suffering from hallucinations can say it's self-evident that there's someone standing behind you even though no-one else can see it. Therefore we can test their claims using testable evidence. You claim "absolute truth" not only exists (which it may do) but also that you know exactly what the "absolute truth" is.

If you did, then you would be God.

You ain't.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84471 Apr 3, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true “statement” proposed by the religion Buddha. Let’s define what a GOD or GODDESS is first before I comment in depth on your statements.
GOD or GODDESSES are supreme (absolute) being(s). To claim the title of supreme in the reality we live in you must be an individual that accepts, knows and speak in only absolute (supreme) truths. This is what gives you the supreme being(s) title because an absolute is what supreme is.
The absolute truth is the only SUPREME thing there is because it cannot be destroyed, dis-proven and it will always exist.
I /all humans have the birth right to claim their self a GOD or GODDESS because only they can choose to accept, speak and up-hold absolute truth. This is a vow I made because I love what I am and that is an absolute truth seeker.
You have the choice to be a GODDESS or not. Just remember what you have to do to claim the supreme title and it has nothing to do with controlling people.
Everyone wants to claim the supreme title (GOD or GODDESS) like you said. What little do they know supreme beings know that having this title is not about controlling/ruling people and I know this as a supreme being because the absolute truth I am, up-hold, speak and know will never take away an absolute quality you have as a birth-right called “The ability to choose”. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICE YOU MAKE to claim that supreme title and no-body can do that for you but your- self.
Remember a supreme being(s)/ GOD OR GODDESS control or rules “NO ONE”.
I know I am supreme and I know my understanding have no boundaries are limits (infinite) and I can prove this as an absolute truth. This is what people want and they fail to realize they all can have it and say the same things I say if they build their understanding on absolute truths and they will learn for themselves being a supreme being or calling yourself a GOD OR GODDESS have nothing to do with ruling over people and telling them what they can and can’t do by physical or coercive force!
Now that we clarified what a GOD or GODDESS is I encourage you not to let it be the last thing you want to call yourself.
People have the wrong idea on what a GOD or GODDESS!
Ah, that explains things.

You have a God complex. Just like the vast majority of other fundies.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#84472 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not my business. We are in democracy.
You sure don't sound like you want to be democratic. You hit people over the head with your religious dogma every chance you get. You can't get over your obsession with declaring English a concept owned by England and you seem to have some twisted philosophy about England being a superior race "entitled" to rule over others by virtue of God's will.

As I have heard, that kind of slop is what created the modern American democracy to begin with.

Just simply give SOME kind of evidence worth considering, or go home already. I'm not here to help you test your faith. If you want to go after those liberals, do it on a political forum.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84473 Apr 3, 2013
josie23 wrote:
THE INFAMOUS RACIST EVOLUTION BIOLOGIST, ILYA IVANOV
Learn how the racist history of Darwinism is marked by deception and genetic failure. HIV is an STD of apes, chimps and monkeys.
And we are apes.
josie23 wrote:
Evolutionists assumed that blacks were closer genetically to apes
In the early days of the 20th century, some did. Turns out that this is wrong. According to the modern evolutionary synthesis all human races share the same divergence from humanity's last common ancestor as each other.
josie23 wrote:
and attempted to secretly create conception between humans and primates.
Actually you will find that the Commies tried that during WWII. They rejected Darwinian evolution in favour of Lamarck, which was one of numerous factors that eventually led to the USSR's downfall. Whereas the rest of the Western world accepted evolution and benefitted from increased crop production as a result.
josie23 wrote:
Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov, a Russian atheist biologist during the days of Stalin, tried to prove the evolution of man from apes by conducting bizarre fiendish experiments on African women and men in an attempt to create human-ape hybrids.
And they failed BECAUSE they rejected evolution, otherwise they would have known that the other great apes have been separated from humans for too long. In fact there's no evidence they had any success in their experiments whatoever.
josie23 wrote:
As a result, this atheist psuedo-science called Darwinism
Unfortunately you're arguing against a caricature. Evolution, like all sciences, is not atheistic. It makes no theological claims. Also the ACTUAL theory of evolution, now known as the modern evolutionary synthesis does in fact work. You would have found this out if you had just gone back and read a few pages, or in fact looked it up yourself and got your information from any reputable scientific sources instead of anti-reality religious apologetics sites.
josie23 wrote:
may have led to the global epidemic of HIV and AIDS throughout Africa and around the world.
Unfortunately (for you) the source of the AIDS epidemic has NOT been traced back to Soviet Russia. This is merely another piece of fantasy concocted by fundies to justify their pseudo-scientific religious beliefs.

So while you're here, if you ain't down with evolution perhaps you could provide us with your "scientific alternative" which does a better job of explaining the evidence? Thanks in advance.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84474 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question. Why are you hard headed?
BONG!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84475 Apr 3, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ordered information (language) comes from an intelligent (ability to choose) originator. DNA is ordered information as well.
Then can you provide objectively verifiable testable scientific evidence of this 'creator' of yours along with the mechanisms it used?
Infinite Force wrote:
Each and every biological species has a fixed blue print.
Except it doesn't.

Otherwise we would all be clones.
Infinite Force wrote:
How do you study and learn about the laws of nature that GOD created without using your bible. Remember, GOD created nature for man to observe and learn first. So how do you observe nature and tell me what is right and wrong.
Can you please provide objectively verifiable scientific evidence that this "God" of yours even exists? So far no-one on the entire planet has been able to do that yet.

I mean it's not as if he sticks his arm down every now and then so we can perform a blood test, is it?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84476 Apr 3, 2013
CBOW wrote:
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice.
How does one sacrifice a God?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84477 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again,
de pis en pis.
Stop pising all over the thread!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84478 Apr 3, 2013
michellepain wrote:
For instance, early in the voyage at Bahia in Brazil he defended and praised slavery, which I abominated, and told me that he had just visited a great slave-owner, who had called up many of his slaves and asked them whether they were happy, and whether they wished to be free, and all answered “No.” I then asked him, perhaps with a sneer, whether he thought that the answers of slaves in the presence of their master was worth anything. This made him excessively angry, and he said that as I doubted his word, we could not live any longer together."
Yeah, it was Darwin who opposed slavery by using this quote, just as I pointed out on PAGE ONE of THIS THREAD. Of course his alleged racial views, whether they be good or bad, have absolutely positively no bearing at all whatsoever on the scientific veracity of evolution, or indeed any other scientific theory.

Welcome to page 4010. Now go back and read the whole thing so you can catch up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 35 min DanFromSmithville 142,583
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Paul Porter1 20,590
evolution is correct. prove me wrong 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 6
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 6 hr Zog Has-fallen 35
News Intelligent design 12 hr Paul Porter1 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 23 hr Paul Porter1 266
Science Suggests That A Quantum Creation Force ... (Jun '14) Thu Paul Porter1 33
More from around the web