Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195698 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84393 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! Can I get a YES over here in the corner? Thank you for admitting the Bible is not all myth.
no, there are some historical facts in it. the myth parts are the ones about some god or gods...
FREE SERVANT
#84394 Apr 2, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. A lot of those stories have a grain of truth in them some where. That's not to say we should accept the book, in its entirety, as a whole truth though.
Recently, there was a movie out about Lincoln being a Vampire hunter. There were facts in that movie. This does not mean, however, we should all believe in vampires.
Oh, I thought you were confessing that there are true statements somewhere in the Bible about the sugject matter. I was beginnng to celebrate too early, the storm clouds are gatherin again.....

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84395 Apr 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before and what can I say? You totally ignored the facts then, seems to be one of you failings.
English STARTED in northern Europe, with a little Latin and French thrown in.
Like all languages it evolved and is still evolving today. The fact that much of that evolution happened in England makes no difference to the fact that as a language it did not start in England
Here is Meriam-Websters short history,
http://www.merriam-webster.com/help/faq/histo...
Note the –“The earliest period begins with the migration of certain Germanic tribes from the continent to Britain in the fifth century A.D.”
Also notice the influence of –“Latin, Old Norse (the language of the Viking invaders), and especially the Anglo-Norman French”
Now I know for certain that Meriam-Webster knows a bit more about the history of the English language than you do.
Wrong!
Did those language that influenced English similar to English, yes or no? No!
Latin, Greek, Norman French, etc, are never the same as English.
That is the reason why, English is unique to England. Think!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84396 Apr 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before and what can I say? You totally ignored the facts then, seems to be one of you failings.
English STARTED in northern Europe, with a little Latin and French thrown in.
Like all languages it evolved and is still evolving today. The fact that much of that evolution happened in England makes no difference to the fact that as a language it did not start in England
Here is Meriam-Websters short history,
http://www.merriam-webster.com/help/faq/histo...
Note the –“The earliest period begins with the migration of certain Germanic tribes from the continent to Britain in the fifth century A.D.”
Also notice the influence of –“Latin, Old Norse (the language of the Viking invaders), and especially the Anglo-Norman French”
Now I know for certain that Meriam-Webster knows a bit more about the history of the English language than you do.
And again, show me one trace English in Northern or Main land Europe? Waiting!
English despite its many influences, started in England.

Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84397 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I thought you were confessing that there are true statements somewhere in the Bible about the sugject matter. I was beginnng to celebrate too early, the storm clouds are gatherin again.....
Of course there are true statements. For instance, there very likely WAS a great flood but not one that covered the whole world for 40 days. There likely might have been someone like to Noah - perhaps a farmer who rode out the flood in an upturned shed with a few of his livestock - but not an ark containing two of every animal. I mean, come on, that would be just silly.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84398 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with your incorrect use of the term 'the roots of the English langauge'?
If you don't know, American English, Canadian English, Australian English and others, all had roots from England( English English).

St. Croix valley

#84399 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know, American English, Canadian English, Australian English and others, all had roots from England( English English).
yes, and English as a whole has it roots exactly whee people have been telling you. in direct conflict with your statement.

St. Croix valley

#84400 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Did those language that influenced English similar to English, yes or no? No!
Latin, Greek, Norman French, etc, are never the same as English.
That is the reason why, English is unique to England. Think!
ever heard of "e Pluribus Unum"? why are all the state mottos in Latin?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#84402 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The language belongs to them? Yes!
By what measures? By origination, because anything English must have one or more connections with England.
I challenge you to find ANY link that agrees with your position that England **OWNS** the English language, or that the English languate "belongs" to England.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#84403 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to find ANY link that agrees with your position that England **OWNS** the English language, or that the English languate "belongs" to England.
Charles es propiedad del idioma Inglés, y la policía de inglés van a arrestarlo.

St. Croix valley

#84404 Apr 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles es propiedad del idioma Inglés, y la policía de inglés van a arrestarlo.
hijole! Que diversion!
jaynti

Pasadena, CA

#84405 Apr 2, 2013

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84406 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
What is language? Today we know that all life has it and it is a system consisting of arranged uttered or marked symbols. If language is to be communicated, it must be coherently uttered or written by an intelligent originator or source providing it. Communication is at its most heightened use in places that are regular meeting places where competetion for sustenance for maintainng ones life and that of families of kinds happen. A body of words or symbols are patterned to convey meaning to each kind and change is related to new or differing events if they are to be mentioned.
Yes, ordered information (language) comes from an intelligent (ability to choose) originator. DNA is ordered information as well. Each and every biological species has a fixed blue print.

How do you study and learn about the laws of nature that GOD created without using your bible. Remember, GOD created nature for man to observe and learn first. So how do you observe nature and tell me what is right and wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84407 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and English as a whole has it roots exactly whee people have been telling you. in direct conflict with your statement.
Going by your premise, all languages on earth, had one or more roots, whether French, German, Dutch, English, and others.

St. Croix valley

#84408 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Going by your premise, all languages on earth, had one or more roots, whether French, German, Dutch, English, and others.
outside of the first ones, yes.

can you really, seriously try to stick to yoru calim that English does not have roots in the germanic languages?

oh that's right, you have a long, loong history of denying the truth presented to you...

carry on...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84409 Apr 2, 2013
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice.

St. Croix valley

#84410 Apr 2, 2013
CBOW wrote:
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice.
hey the liar shows his face again!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84411 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ever heard of "e Pluribus Unum"? why are all the state mottos in Latin?
From your premise, English would have been Latin, Greek and what have you, but the language remain distinct from its influences. Think!
English is a compound language.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84412 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hey the liar shows his face again!
Miss me gubmint dependent?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84413 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
" Ownership by Origination ".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Richard 29,601
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 min Richard 11,802
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) 24 min ChristineM 14,571
New fossils documenting primate evolution 3 hr MIDutch 1
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr MIDutch 150,659
Christianity and why its wrong + evolution debates 14 hr scientia potentia... 2
Proof that all of Christianity is a lie 15 hr scientia potentia... 3
More from around the web