Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84349 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how harder it is to question Science than accept all the data given? Ever thought about that?
Why yes, especially when reality is against you.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84350 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Constant principle is beautiful in there on how the nucleootides A always love T and G always love C, look like a fixed married couple don't it. They set the standard for TILL death do us part!:-)
<quoted text>
We do have this and it’s been past down from generation to generation because you and a cactus use to be the same species X time ago. EVOLUTION FALSIFIED! HIGH FIVE TO THE DUDE FROM INFINITE FORCE!“THE DUDE” IRONY MEETER GOES DROP, DROP KABOOM!!!!!
I'm sorry, perhaps you could explain yourself in English? After you've paid Amazon first of course.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84351 Apr 1, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chucky!
You might be interested in this:
http://www.themillions.com/2013/04/amazon-ann...
<<begin cut/paste>>
"Amazon Announces Purchase of English™
By Michael Bourne posted at 6:00 am on April 1, 2013 12
SEATTLE – Amazon announced today that it has acquired the English language and plans to fully privatize the world’s predominant mode of written communication. As of 6 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time April 1, anyone writing in Amazon’s proprietary language, now known as English™, will be obligated to pay a “licensing fee” to the Seattle-based online retailer.
The purchase of English™ for an undisclosed sum in cash and stock completes Amazon’s meteoric rise from an online bookseller to a global behemoth dominant in the spheres of online retailing, cloud computing, and digital publishing. It remains unclear who sold English™, though credible reports suggest that Apple and Google had earlier offered to buy the language, only to be outbid by Amazon at the eleventh hour.
“We are pleased to add English™ to our growing family of products,” said an exultant Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.“We just bought GoodReads last week, and we already own Audible.com along with numerous digital publishing platforms, so buying the language outright was an obvious next step. This way, we will be able to put the Amazon stamp on the creative process itself, rather than merely on the finished product.”
<<end cut/paste. truncated for brevity, more at link above>>
Hey Kong, don't try to divert the true positions of things.
My position is that, English whether in Canada( Seatle or any where around), the US, Australia, Scotland, New Zealand, Ireland, Wales or any where, all had roots from England, because English started and originated there. Period.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84352 Apr 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Kong, don't try to divert the true positions of things.
My position is that, English whether in Canada( Seatle or any where around), the US, Australia, Scotland, New Zealand, Ireland, Wales or any where, all had roots from England, because English started and originated there. Period.
I don't care, you still owe me £500.

And when I eventually get it I promise I'll send it to these guys:

http://www.amazon.com/

... eventually.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#84353 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What a liar you are! What's the use of having taxonomy in Biology then? And why do we have to learn them?
<quoted text>
Again another LIE! Do you know what human physiology is? The study of human anatomy. A doctor doesn't need to know that reptiles and amphibians have a heart with less chambers than humans, for instance, and how the heart evolved. All he needs to know is how the blood circulates in the the heart and what causes heart diseases, and whatnot. All the rest of your gibberish is red herring.
"A doctor doesn't need to know that reptiles and amphibians have a heart with less chambers than humans"

While you describe minimal requirements, We tend to gravitate toward the extraordinary exceptions who exceed the maximum requirements. Leaving you in the duh category.
But it wouldn't be the first time now would it?

Level 8

Location hidden

#84354 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
educate yourself.
http://www.evolutionarymodel.com/ervs.htm
ERVs are dormant and defeated , not live virus.

Level 8

Location hidden

#84355 Apr 1, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
THE EARTH IS YOUNG!!!
Oh, wait...
On a cosmic scale...maybe a youngster?

Level 8

Location hidden

#84356 Apr 1, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Something along these lines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZuYbDP2kDfgXX
When he breaks out the all-caps you know it's happening!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 2

Location hidden

#84357 Apr 1, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care, you still owe me £500.
And when I eventually get it I promise I'll send it to these guys:
http://www.amazon.com/
... eventually.
Not funny. Be serious for once.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#84358 Apr 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Yet the REAL fact is, there is no standard "English" language. In the USA alone, you will find many different dialects, unique words, phrases, grammer, spelling, and definitions being accepted and used by a group of people.

Farmers in the midwest using a slightly different language than urban youth in the major cities, who are using different language than highly educated people in the suburbs, and other subcultures in (for example) Southern California surf community using other "English" language derivations.

ALL of which would be somewhat 'alien' to the residents of England. Fortunately, there is more common ground with respect to our communication that we rarely have an issue with it, but you can look up "American English" on Google, and it will differ in subtle ways from the parent English language.

Level 8

Location hidden

#84359 Apr 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not funny. Be serious for once.
Ok ..you're funny...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84360 Apr 1, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the REAL fact is, there is no standard "English" language. In the USA alone, you will find many different dialects, unique words, phrases, grammer, spelling, and definitions being accepted and used by a group of people.
Farmers in the midwest using a slightly different language than urban youth in the major cities, who are using different language than highly educated people in the suburbs, and other subcultures in (for example) Southern California surf community using other "English" language derivations.
ALL of which would be somewhat 'alien' to the residents of England. Fortunately, there is more common ground with respect to our communication that we rarely have an issue with it, but you can look up "American English" on Google, and it will differ in subtle ways from the parent English language.
The official Scrabble dictionary is all you need to define what English is! no more debate on that!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84361 Apr 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
perhaps you don't know what the word "roots" that you used means, Chaz?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84362 Apr 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not funny. Be serious for once.
http://folkloregonian.files.wordpress.com/201...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84364 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
You know what I find unteresting is that the term life is not univeraly accepted in biology,I wonder why.
Don't you think Gods or Goddesses would love to walk on the face of the Earth to experience life? In Buddhism, they can achieve this and become God incarnates. And many of us who are aware will fight for it, and will be claiming their place even to the extent of waging wars against each other. But others will just be unaware or unwilling. Maybe it's not this time right now. To me, it might be the last.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84365 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's not THEIR time right now. To me, it might be the last.
fixed
KJV

United States

#84366 Apr 1, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yet the REAL fact is, there is no standard "English" language. In the USA alone, you will find many different dialects, unique words, phrases, grammer, spelling, and definitions being accepted and used by a group of people.

"Farmers in the midwest using a slightly different language"

Ya you betcha!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#84367 Apr 1, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Farmers in the midwest using a slightly different language"
Ya you betcha!
Tell me about it. My cousins live in rural Minnesota (100 mi west of Minneapolis). Even our same, identically spelled last name is pronounced differently up there due to Nordic/Germanic influences.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#84368 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
There is already a tool found in nature that falsifies data. We don’t need a flawed man made concept to do this.
The scientific evidence you present should be soundly judged with the “Law of non-contradiction” found in nature. Man/woman is prone to mistakes and biased and prejudice views.
Scientific laws are absolutes and validated by the “Law of non-contradictory” which means your answer must be constant. Hence, you cannot use one word with two opposite meanings. This is where the law of non-contradictory becomes the scientific method and not a man-made concept that permits you to define words anyway you want to.
Theory of evolution is a pseudo-science when it says the origin of biological species is not fixed.
A biological reproductive species is fixed (law of non-contradictory) and this means the humans on planet earth has always been this way since there origin on earth according to strata/fossil layers.
To say a human being which is now a fixed species and was not a fixed species 30 million year ago violates the Law of non-contradictory.
We can’t be a human being in existence now and a non-human being in existence in the distant past regardless of the time scale it took us to SO CALL CHANGE FROM ONE BIOLOGOCAL SPECIES TO AN OPPOSITE (CONTRADICTORY) BIOLOGICAL SPECIES! This violates the law of non-contradiction.
CASE CLOSED!
You and your 'law' are full of sh!t. We know the science is right and you have no way of disproving what I have presented to you because it IS true.

The most significant chapters of the Bible, the ones that define and promulgate the Christian God, are Provably wrong/untrue.

You can argue all you want about small details of DNA science, archaeology, creationists pseudo-science, day-age theory, law of 'this or that', etc., etc. and it doesn't matter because the creationists foundational stories are provably myths.

We know and can prove that the earth was NOT created by a floaty thing in the sky, that mankind was NOT created on the 'sixth day' of 'creation, that there was NOT a world-wide flood, or a floaty thing causing mankind to split their language, NO exodus occurred and Joshua did not destroy all those towns.

These things are basically proven by science and I think the most important ones are; there was no Adam and Eve, and there was no Exodus.

I defy you to present proof of that Adam and Eve were real and that the Exodus was a real event....or any of the other stuff above.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84369 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby, you keep wasting your time over that/ this.
Dialect or no dialects, English language started in England. Dig?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science News (Sep '13) 7 min positronium 2,941
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 41 min ChromiuMan 465
How would creationists explain... 3 hr The Dude 291
What you should know about Tuesday's vote on ev... (Feb '08) 14 hr IAMIOOWAN 516
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 18 hr Brian_G 13,614
sea-dwelling dinosaur found alive (Apr '10) 22 hr The Dude 87
Genetic entropy Mon Chimney1 157
More from around the web