Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#83327 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one is rational, the other irrational...
i generally prefer rational people.
You are indeed one sided.
Any way, that is indeed a typical nature of the atheist.
Alway irrational.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83328 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. Especially since we have their DNA.
And so do you.
<quoted text>
Yeah we can. We did it in 1950 when Crick proved evolution. We CAN trace our ancestry to a single couple, but they weren't the only couple. And they probably didn't talk to talking lizards.
Always try to believe in the impossible. Anything can happen. You or any one else can never rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83329 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No Charles, there never was a world-wide flood....proven.
Go through my post, i never said the otherwise. What i said was that, the people then thought that the flood was global, due to the occurrence or magnitude of the flood.
The flood indeed was deadly. So, even though it was not global, there was a flood, no one can dispute that.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#83330 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Always try to believe in the impossible. Anything can happen. You or any one else can never rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.
It's been done. Do you live in a cave?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#83332 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go through my post, i never said the otherwise. What i said was that, the people then thought that the flood was global, due to the occurrence or magnitude of the flood.
The flood indeed was deadly. So, even though it was not global, there was a flood, no one can dispute that.
If so, then you've agreed the bible is in error.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#83333 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go through my post, i never said the otherwise. What i said was that, the people then thought that the flood was global, due to the occurrence or magnitude of the flood.
Indeed, there WERE floods in the Bronze Age.

Several of (Ahem) "Biblical proportions".

The Bosphorus (Black Sea) Flood being a prime suspect for the Noachian myth.

But ALL HUMANITY nor ALL ANIMAL LIFE (other than those supposedly on the boat) perished during this flood as described in Genesis.

So you agree that Genesis is allegorical?

Level 2

Location hidden

#83334 Mar 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Dunno.
But Norwegian comes from Norwegia.
And Canadians are from Canadia.
Don't try to be logical because you are not.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#83335 Mar 27, 2013
BREAK TIME..

Level 2

Location hidden

#83336 Mar 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>But they were wrong.
Therefore, so is the Bible they wrote.
You see the difficulty?
The magnitude of the flood made the people to think that the flood were global.
Remember, population drift started from the east between Africa, the middle east and the entire east.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83337 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
But, the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, east Indians, mongolians, Egyptians, and Indus valley people never saw it...no flood for them
Far east and middle east are never seen as closer.
The issue you can not counter was that, there was flood the middle easterners thought was global, due to the magnitude of the flood.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83338 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been done. Do you live in a cave?
Do you?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#83339 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
The only flood in the area that falls into the Biblical slot is dated to 2900 BC so if the Bible can stretch there it works. And like we have been telling you there was no interruption to the rest of the world and all the civilizations around the world that were flourishing both at 2900 BC or 2350 BC.

None of the Biblical stories fit the rest of the world civilizations going on at the time that the Hebrews were writing their opus.

Why do you suppose a God would contact a small tribe of wandering goat herders in the Middle East and not the big civilizations in China and India and the Indus valley Civilizations that wouldn't have to go through the crap that the goat herders did??

Serious problems with the Jewish God that you guys adopted thru the efforts of St.Paul

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#83340 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?
Nope. That's why I'm not as ignorant as you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83341 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
But the writers of the bible that were wrong based on their level of education.
But they were not other wrong because the flood was devastating and large, making the people then, to think it was global or universal.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83342 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you again, 100 % error free?

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83343 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far east and middle east are never seen as closer.
The issue you can not counter was that, there was flood the middle easterners thought was global, due to the magnitude of the flood.
So you understand that all the peripheral stuff about the Biblical story goes away?

There is no animals being imported from all over the world (Koala bears, Platypus's, anteaters, Panda bears, etc.) No Noah trying to build a boat that is impossible for him, or anybody, to build at the time....hell even now.

There is no Ark bouncing around on the waves for almost a year....no birds being thrown out of the Ark to check for dry land. Floods such as the big one that hit the Mesopotamian area in 2900 BC generally go away within days....weeks at most. Deserts tend to suck up flood water pretty quickly.

After the flood there was no need for Noah's sons and daughter-in-laws to split and go to the far 'corners' of the earth to re-establish civilization and establish the black race in Africa....because we know that the blacks were already there, and in fact we evolved from them.

Yeah, that flood really needs to go away, its a stupid story in light of what we know to be true today.

I'm glad to see you finally agree Charles. Welcome to the real world.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#83344 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the real world.
what possessed you to say that?

Level 2

Location hidden

#83345 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The only flood in the area that falls into the Biblical slot is dated to 2900 BC so if the Bible can stretch there it works. And like we have been telling you there was no interruption to the rest of the world and all the civilizations around the world that were flourishing both at 2900 BC or 2350 BC.
None of the Biblical stories fit the rest of the world civilizations going on at the time that the Hebrews were writing their opus.
Why do you suppose a God would contact a small tribe of wandering goat herders in the Middle East and not the big civilizations in China and India and the Indus valley Civilizations that wouldn't have to go through the crap that the goat herders did??
Serious problems with the Jewish God that you guys adopted thru the efforts of St.Paul
No!
If truly the bible is false, as well the faith according to your assertions, the faith would have been long dead. But the reverse was the case.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83346 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That's why I'm not as ignorant as you.
Dreaming!

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83347 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
If truly the bible is false, as well the faith according to your assertions, the faith would have been long dead. But the reverse was the case.
We're working up to it Charles. It's pretty involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 7 min Paul Porter1 1,637
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 45 min thetruth 18,841
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 1 hr Paul Porter1 13,692
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr Kong_ 178,597
The Definition of a Creationist Scientist 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 3
proof of gods existence .....or lack there of 23 hr Chimney1 14
No Place For ID? 23 hr Chimney1 65
More from around the web