Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
78,181 - 78,200 of 115,180 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82843 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't the foggiest. I mean, it's YOUR batshit story.(shrug)
The sun and moon were created on the 4th day, and there was a source of light before the creation of the sun and moon.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82844 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it was their profits that were scrutinized. Until the tax structure and code is re-vamped in this country it will remain unfair.
Yeah, so Mike the mechanic has to pay 40% of his earnings and struggle to send his kids to college while the rich pay 40% and are forced to buy only one yacht instead of two this year. Boo hoo.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82845 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bub. You're preaching. Preaching is spam. If you haven't grasped by now we couldn't care less about your baseless religious beliefs.
I am not preaching just showing the facts to refute these so called man made theories, that are just guesses

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82846 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When the dependents outweigh the contributors (which has become the case) taxes become unbearable and unfair. Can't you feel that burden in the queeeeen's realm?
you could always go to another country where the taxes are lower...where would that be nad still provide the standard of living we have here?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82847 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's will taste so much better, dude. Let me know what it reminds you of.
Who, you mean this guy?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f3/...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#82848 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
... Skeptics have to be well educated, but even the most educated people can often have delusions. Take Newton and Einstein for example, highly intelligent and educated, but delusional none-the-less. We don't discount their accomplishments, we just ignore their delusions.
Well educated leaves you out of your cracked "skeptic equation". Epic fail, loser.

There are people at every level of intelligence in both camps, believers AND unbelievers. I've seen people with IQs as low as 65 vehemently declare that "God is a fairytale!" and some that claim the opposite. Intelligence has nothing to do with either skepticism or belief.

Pot/kettle/kitty.

St. Croix valley

#82849 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
A real God is far too busy to worry about that.
The funny part is that they all think they're gonna spend forever with him. Then he noticed they invented reality TV and he said "Screw that sh t, they can all die thinking they're atheists!"
Seems like patriot and CBOW are too busy to worry about it also.

must be uncomfortable to realize the god you worship is mad up by a cult...

it would explain their inability to answer why their god myth condones slavery...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82850 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They were inspired of a distilled spirit not the Holy Spirit,also there is the spirit of the world (i.e Satan)
Personally I think you've had far too much spiritual influence thank you very much.

St. Croix valley

#82851 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The sun and moon were created on the 4th day, and there was a source of light before the creation of the sun and moon.
the moon was formed long after the earth and sun were formed. proven fact.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#82852 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. The PA didn't click until now, for some reason I thought she was posting from a German IP!
Don't you guys have any of your own names?
;-p
LOL! We also have our share of old world names (Berlin, New Berlin, new London, etc.) but you won't find too many Mukwanago's, Weyauwega's, Oconomowac's, etc. outside of Wisconsin though
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82853 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The price I pay is obviously supporting your pathetic arse, woody. You should have a little more respect for those that clothe and feed you. Slavery was an aspect of the Old Testament, but it's obvious that it wasn't the only aspect, since God delivered His people from slavery in Egypt. Get a grip and quit cherry picking for your own glory woody.
CBOW I guess instead of trying to show these folks the error of their ways, we need to heed the advice Paul gave to Timothy concerning such things they propose. 2 Tim 2:23 "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing they do gender strifes"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82854 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The sun and moon were created on the 4th day, and there was a source of light before the creation of the sun and moon.
Sure there was, but not capable of supplying enough UV to plants though.

Oh wait, you weren't talking science. You were preaching again, weren't you? My bad. Carry on.

Here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82855 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry. Since you are a Christian and all we figured you had actually read the Bible.
I read it every day, by your proposal I am asking to support your claim, seems you cannot support what you put forth.

Location hidden

#82856 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The process is called "recombination", tard.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
Try harder to focus this time. You might get it eventually, but I'm not holding my breath considering how slow you are.
So, one of you morons wants to argue with Berkeley now? Giving that post a clueless icon just shows you have a working finger but no ability to reason.

“Don't steal home without it. ”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#82857 Mar 25, 2013
I believe in Old Earth Creation. The bible never says how old the earth is, only that God created it.

St. Croix valley

#82858 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well educated leaves you out of your cracked "skeptic equation". Epic fail, loser.
There are people at every level of intelligence in both camps, believers AND unbelievers. I've seen people with IQs as low as 65 vehemently declare that "God is a fairytale!" and some that claim the opposite. Intelligence has nothing to do with either skepticism or belief.
Pot/kettle/kitty.
No, it seems to have more to do with early indoctrination, as is the case with most successful cults...

St. Croix valley

#82859 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>CBOW I guess instead of trying to show these folks the error of their ways, we need to heed the advice Paul gave to Timothy concerning such things they propose. 2 Tim 2:23 "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing they do gender strifes"
you would do better to ask yourself why a god woudl condone slavery and other horrible things and come to the realization that your cult lied to you...again...

St. Croix valley

#82860 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I am not preaching just showing the facts to refute these so called man made theories, that are just guesses
your bible myths are in no way facts. in fact, they have been proven to be wrong over and over again, as you have been clearly shown on these pages.

Location hidden

#82861 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That would not be that different. lol
Let's pretend that no mutations happen, then assume your mythology has some merit ... everyone would look identical, because one of the first humans in your myth was a clone of the other.
Now let's pretend there were a hundred different humans from the start, being generous here. After about 1,000 generations they would all again, look identical because of the lacking variation.
No matter how you twist it, you can't mix the same thing over and over again and expect different results, it doesn't work like that.
I wonder who the retard was that gave you a brilliant icon for that post.

It's fcking hilarious that you and your buddy is talking shyt in the evolution forum when you don't even know how DNA is passed on to an embryo.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA ....fkg "brilliant"! ARHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82862 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I am not preaching just showing the facts to refute these so called man made theories, that are just guesses
You don't have any facts. You have an old book written by a bunch of iron age goat herders who thought the Earth was flat and that lizards and donkeys could talk. "The Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so!" may be very impressive to fundies but not to the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 30 min susanblange 304
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 57 min Subduction Zone 172,506
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 1 hr TedHOhio 200
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr DanFromSmithville 136,248
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Wed Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••