Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82840 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, he said he didn't cancel them, just that there would now be two seperate ways to follow this multi-faced god...sheesh, learn your bible...
regardless, why would a real god EVER condone slavery?
face it, your man-made cult is a myth...
A real God is far too busy to worry about that.

The funny part is that they all think they're gonna spend forever with him. Then he noticed they invented reality TV and he said "Screw that sh t, they can all die thinking they're atheists!"
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82841 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you had it. Unfortunately you don't.
"Inspiration" means jack. Lotsa people claimed to be "inspired by God" back in the sixties when they made great music.
Turns out they were just high.
They were inspired of a distilled spirit not the Holy Spirit,also there is the spirit of the world (i.e Satan)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82842 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When the dependents outweigh the contributors (which has become the case) taxes become unbearable and unfair. Can't you feel that burden in the queeeeen's realm?
But that's not actually the case, is it? Your Government has had a bad habit of giving all the billionaires and trillionaires tax breaks while depending on the working class to pay all the taxes. No wonder you're having problems.(shrug)
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82843 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't the foggiest. I mean, it's YOUR batshit story.(shrug)
The sun and moon were created on the 4th day, and there was a source of light before the creation of the sun and moon.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82844 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it was their profits that were scrutinized. Until the tax structure and code is re-vamped in this country it will remain unfair.
Yeah, so Mike the mechanic has to pay 40% of his earnings and struggle to send his kids to college while the rich pay 40% and are forced to buy only one yacht instead of two this year. Boo hoo.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82845 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bub. You're preaching. Preaching is spam. If you haven't grasped by now we couldn't care less about your baseless religious beliefs.
I am not preaching just showing the facts to refute these so called man made theories, that are just guesses

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#82846 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When the dependents outweigh the contributors (which has become the case) taxes become unbearable and unfair. Can't you feel that burden in the queeeeen's realm?
you could always go to another country where the taxes are lower...where would that be nad still provide the standard of living we have here?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82847 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's will taste so much better, dude. Let me know what it reminds you of.
Who, you mean this guy?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f3/...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#82848 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
... Skeptics have to be well educated, but even the most educated people can often have delusions. Take Newton and Einstein for example, highly intelligent and educated, but delusional none-the-less. We don't discount their accomplishments, we just ignore their delusions.
Well educated leaves you out of your cracked "skeptic equation". Epic fail, loser.

There are people at every level of intelligence in both camps, believers AND unbelievers. I've seen people with IQs as low as 65 vehemently declare that "God is a fairytale!" and some that claim the opposite. Intelligence has nothing to do with either skepticism or belief.

Pot/kettle/kitty.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#82849 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
A real God is far too busy to worry about that.
The funny part is that they all think they're gonna spend forever with him. Then he noticed they invented reality TV and he said "Screw that sh t, they can all die thinking they're atheists!"
Seems like patriot and CBOW are too busy to worry about it also.

must be uncomfortable to realize the god you worship is mad up by a cult...

it would explain their inability to answer why their god myth condones slavery...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82850 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They were inspired of a distilled spirit not the Holy Spirit,also there is the spirit of the world (i.e Satan)
Personally I think you've had far too much spiritual influence thank you very much.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#82851 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The sun and moon were created on the 4th day, and there was a source of light before the creation of the sun and moon.
the moon was formed long after the earth and sun were formed. proven fact.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#82852 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. The PA didn't click until now, for some reason I thought she was posting from a German IP!
Don't you guys have any of your own names?
;-p
LOL! We also have our share of old world names (Berlin, New Berlin, new London, etc.) but you won't find too many Mukwanago's, Weyauwega's, Oconomowac's, etc. outside of Wisconsin though
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82853 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The price I pay is obviously supporting your pathetic arse, woody. You should have a little more respect for those that clothe and feed you. Slavery was an aspect of the Old Testament, but it's obvious that it wasn't the only aspect, since God delivered His people from slavery in Egypt. Get a grip and quit cherry picking for your own glory woody.
CBOW I guess instead of trying to show these folks the error of their ways, we need to heed the advice Paul gave to Timothy concerning such things they propose. 2 Tim 2:23 "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing they do gender strifes"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82854 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The sun and moon were created on the 4th day, and there was a source of light before the creation of the sun and moon.
Sure there was, but not capable of supplying enough UV to plants though.

Oh wait, you weren't talking science. You were preaching again, weren't you? My bad. Carry on.

Here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#82855 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry. Since you are a Christian and all we figured you had actually read the Bible.
I read it every day, by your proposal I am asking to support your claim, seems you cannot support what you put forth.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#82856 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The process is called "recombination", tard.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
Try harder to focus this time. You might get it eventually, but I'm not holding my breath considering how slow you are.
So, one of you morons wants to argue with Berkeley now? Giving that post a clueless icon just shows you have a working finger but no ability to reason.

“Don't steal home without it. ”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#82857 Mar 25, 2013
I believe in Old Earth Creation. The bible never says how old the earth is, only that God created it.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#82858 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well educated leaves you out of your cracked "skeptic equation". Epic fail, loser.
There are people at every level of intelligence in both camps, believers AND unbelievers. I've seen people with IQs as low as 65 vehemently declare that "God is a fairytale!" and some that claim the opposite. Intelligence has nothing to do with either skepticism or belief.
Pot/kettle/kitty.
No, it seems to have more to do with early indoctrination, as is the case with most successful cults...

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#82859 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>CBOW I guess instead of trying to show these folks the error of their ways, we need to heed the advice Paul gave to Timothy concerning such things they propose. 2 Tim 2:23 "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing they do gender strifes"
you would do better to ask yourself why a god woudl condone slavery and other horrible things and come to the realization that your cult lied to you...again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 4 hr Paul Porter1 972
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr MikeF 18,073
News Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) 7 hr Dogen 3,397
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 23 hr Kong_ 178,178
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Mar 26 Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Mar 26 MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar 25 Paul Porter1 1
More from around the web