Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,885)

Showing posts 77,681 - 77,700 of105,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82210
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a problem with what part? What makes you think that the stars had any relevance over the earth and shouldn't follow in the manner that they did in creation? Who are you to decide the order of things? Egotistical much?
We know for a fact that bazillions of stars were there before the Earth wa formed.

your cult lied to you...again...
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82211
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't my goal. Like evolution, I had no goal. I simply made a little joke about your reference to artificial light. If you weren't not so damn miserable, you might have simply snickered and moved on. But, no! You have to make a big friggin deal about it.
Great sense of humor, my ass.
Wound you up, didn't I, snicker snicker.........

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82212
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton was a deist and has been DEAD FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS...wasn't a trinitarian...and chased the Philosophers Stone for decades...when YOU fools start quoting Newton's Principia Mathematica instead of KJ Bible verses, you'll THEN understand why Newton is known as a SCIENTIST, and not a religionist...and for the record again: a CATHOLIOC priest named Georges LEmaitre proposed the original Big Bang theory, which Einstein scoffed at, as did Hoyle...onlt for BOTH to have to admit they were wrong, and Lemaitre was right.
Newton was a firm believer of God unlike you atheist.
Name calling will never change the fact at hand.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82213
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god? humans have invented literally thousands of them...
no evidence yet that any of those gods did what you say or even existed? why not?
Thousands? Really? WOW!
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82214
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would anyone accept somehting that has no proof of existing?
When this world ceases to exist as we know, human extinction, I wonder if ET's will wonder if we ever existed at all. No concrete evidence to claim otherwise, huh?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82215
Mar 22, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We know for a fact that bazillions of stars were there before the Earth wa formed.
your cult lied to you...again...
A "fact" based on what? A money fat bunch of astronomers who "know" can't even track a meteorite that hit in Russia, those all knowledgeable ones? LOL! Or do they know which space rock is going to 86 us into oblivion and just not sharing?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82216
Mar 22, 2013
 
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wound you up, didn't I, snicker snicker.........
Hardly.

And you never specified what my blasphemy was.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82217
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
A "fact" based on what? A money fat bunch of astronomers who "know" can't even track a meteorite that hit in Russia, those all knowledgeable ones? LOL! Or do they know which space rock is going to 86 us into oblivion and just not sharing?
Sheesh! What the hell is your problem, lady? You act as if trying to figure out how things happened and how things work is some sort of mortal sin. We KNOW we don't know everything. THAT is the motivation. To understand. Why do you find that distasteful?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82218
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
And you never specified what my blasphemy was.
Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff. And the orbit crack. Maybe you DO believe in God, you're just pissed at Him for not sparing your Grandfather. I understand.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82219
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton was a deist and has been DEAD FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS...wasn't a trinitarian...and chased the Philosophers Stone for decades...when YOU fools start quoting Newton's Principia Mathematica instead of KJ Bible verses, you'll THEN understand why Newton is known as a SCIENTIST, and not a religionist...and for the record again: a CATHOLIOC priest named Georges LEmaitre proposed the original Big Bang theory, which Einstein scoffed at, as did Hoyle...onlt for BOTH to have to admit they were wrong, and Lemaitre was right.
From your premises, you have admitted that, science is not consistent.
Thanks for that admission.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82220
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
A "fact" based on what? A money fat bunch of astronomers who "know" can't even track a meteorite that hit in Russia, those all knowledgeable ones? LOL! Or do they know which space rock is going to 86 us into oblivion and just not sharing?
Astronomers are money fat? you don't know what you're talking about...again...

god didn't know about teh meteorite either, did he? sheesh!

face it, we know that there were stars billions of years before the Earth. your god lied to you...again...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82221
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When this world ceases to exist as we know, human extinction, I wonder if ET's will wonder if we ever existed at all. No concrete evidence to claim otherwise, huh?
In fact, we have several man-made objests floating through space as evidence of our existence...

logic isn't your forte...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82222
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton was a deist and has been DEAD FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS...wasn't a trinitarian...and chased the Philosophers Stone for decades...when YOU fools start quoting Newton's Principia Mathematica instead of KJ Bible verses, you'll THEN understand why Newton is known as a SCIENTIST, and not a religionist...and for the record again: a CATHOLIOC priest named Georges LEmaitre proposed the original Big Bang theory, which Einstein scoffed at, as did Hoyle...onlt for BOTH to have to admit they were wrong, and Lemaitre was right.
From your premises, you have admitted the inconsistencies of science.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82223
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands? Really? WOW!
yes, thousands... and your cult took those tired, old myths and re-hashed them to make up your god. anothter proven fact.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82224
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh! What the hell is your problem, lady? You act as if trying to figure out how things happened and how things work is some sort of mortal sin. We KNOW we don't know everything. THAT is the motivation. To understand. Why do you find that distasteful?
Not the seeking being the sin, but the denial that God was behind ALL of it is the problem. I don't discount scientific discovery, I just place it right where it belongs, as JUST that, discovery. Discovery DOES NOT eliminate God from His role, only explains it. It the atheists' use of these discoveries to discredit the existence of God that is SO damn distasteful!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82225
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
And you never specified what my blasphemy was.
For many theists "blasphemy" is pointing out how foolish their beliefs are by using humor. They think that you are making fun of god when you are really making fun of their image of god.

In the same way they insist that evolution is atheistic since it would disprove the existence of their god.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82226
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff. And the orbit crack.
Oh, wow! So burn me at the friggin stake.

Which commandment was it again that said "Thou shalt not joke nor laugh"?
CBOW wrote:
Maybe you DO believe in God, you're just pissed at Him for not sparing your Grandfather. I understand.
I neither believe nor disbelieve. And I doubt you understand. You're far too rigid in your thinking.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82227
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> Astronomers are money fat? you don't know what you're talking about...again...
god didn't know about teh meteorite either, did he? sheesh!
face it, we know that there were stars billions of years before the Earth. your god lied to you...again...
Yes, astronomers don't live on bread alone, they get grants to "discover". God did indeed know of the meteorite, get your house in order, woody. We shall be destroyed by fire and brimstone from the Heavens. "WE KNOW" who's we, you and the mouse in your pocket? A theory from man, nothing more.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82228
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, we have several man-made objests floating through space as evidence of our existence...
logic isn't your forte...
Oh, yes, Space junk. That's assuming that junk will still be there after our termination. You really do place too much emphasis on the material world.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82229
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, thousands... and your cult took those tired, old myths and re-hashed them to make up your god. anothter proven fact.
Is that how they got started? The world wide web, huh? Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,681 - 77,700 of105,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••