Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82285 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone actually "documented" the first rainbow? Really? LOL
CAMPFIRE STORY!
How could it be if Moses wrote the book genesis?

this cult needs a better continuity director...
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#82286 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>How could it be if Moses wrote the book genesis?
this cult needs a better continuity director...
Could it be said that the author of Genesis is ...(ahem, wait for it)... "mything"?:)
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82287 Mar 22, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...ummm...it's PLUMB Line(as in Plumbum, as in normal to the Earth, as in VETICAL...plum is a fruit...and we KNOW there are NO gods..none..all myths...be it Yahweh, Quetzalcoatl, Osirus, Odin, Mazda, Uhuru, Mrs, Pluto, Poseidon, or any of the 1000s of other gods throughout creation...you can believe in whatever you want...just don't expect the rest of us to following along like sheep...that's what unthinking religionists do...you haven't an opriginal thought in your head...not one.
Yep, no original thoughts, that must be why I hold 4 US patents on a robotic device. DUH!
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82288 Mar 22, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO!!! Wow
When your precious science attains that ten thousand year mark how big will your book be? Think about it. The Bible is incomplete in it's time line.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82289 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Debatable.
Perhaps, but with debate comes serious thought, does it not?

St. Croix valley

#82290 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be said that the author of Genesis is ...(ahem, wait for it)... "mything"?:)
i heard Zeus tried to kiss hera in the fog and mythed...
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82291 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No...not at all. stating that the stars were created well after the earth and plants and water is factually incorrect.
your cult lied to you....again...
Duh, I didn't say well after, that's your term. The Heavens and earth were created in 7 "days". Cut the crap, woody.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#82292 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
God answers every prayer, YES, NO and WAIT. His time is different than ours.
"God" does not answer prayers for the simple reason that "God" does not exist.

There's been a number of studies done on this question and prayer has never been proven true. Also there is the fact that down thru the written history of our species, "God" has NEVER restored the missing limb(s) of a amputee. Surely there could have been just ONE that qualified for "God's" mercy.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82293 Mar 22, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooooooo...an assertion from ignorance...that's where the fundiots live...try using your deity's name, it helps keep down the confusion about which GOD we're discussing...I'll presume you're a Yahweh-ite...the silliest of all believers.
And science is dealing with BILLIONS of years for the age of the universe, not MILLIONS, dummy...your god, YAHWEH, originates with the Jews, and their god of fire Yahweh...http://en.wikipedia.o rg/wiki/Yahweh...so much for that GOING BACK MILLIONS OF YEARS , eh? How does it feel to be so uneducated about your own supposed core beliefs...do tell.
\
Once again, the Bible doesn't specify a timeline between "in the beginning" and after Christ's death, except for the creation of heaven and earth being 7 days. Duh!
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82294 Mar 22, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooooooo...an assertion from ignorance...that's where the fundiots live...try using your deity's name, it helps keep down the confusion about which GOD we're discussing...I'll presume you're a Yahweh-ite...the silliest of all believers.
And science is dealing with BILLIONS of years for the age of the universe, not MILLIONS, dummy...your god, YAHWEH, originates with the Jews, and their god of fire Yahweh...http://en.wikipedia.o rg/wiki/Yahweh...so much for that GOING BACK MILLIONS OF YEARS , eh? How does it feel to be so uneducated about your own supposed core beliefs...do tell.
God is timeless, so if you want to attach time to Him, you fail!
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82295 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, like they documented it back then...
brings up a point about documentation, since we have proved yoru god didn't even get his creation story correct...
if people knew jesus was a god, they would have written down everyt single thing he evr uttered. they would have saved his used clothes and snot rags..they would have documented every single thing he did. they did not. they did not believe he was a god, people used his myth after his life for their political purposes. your god is nothing more than a ploitical advert...
What people are you referring to? I don't believe Jesus IS God. He never claimed to be. How much do you really understand from the New Testament, woody? Jesus never claimed He was God, but the Son of God. In no place does it ever claim he WAS God. He came as our Savior, as our bond back to God that had been broken by disobedience. Why do you insist on calling Jesus God?

St. Croix valley

#82296 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, I didn't say well after, that's your term. The Heavens and earth were created in 7 "days". Cut the crap, woody.
regardless of how long after, that is not how it happened and we know that.

your cult lied to you...again...

the universe was not created in 7 days. we know that for a fact.

your cult lied to you....again....
Elohim

Branford, CT

#82297 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the book of myths your cult uses.
FREE SERVANT
#82298 Mar 22, 2013
In the day that God created the heaven and the earth, he could have began his work to see that it was good and it might have taken six days for him to compete this.

St. Croix valley

#82299 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>\
Once again, the Bible doesn't specify a timeline between "in the beginning" and after Christ's death, except for the creation of heaven and earth being 7 days. Duh!
No, science created that timeline and it doesn't gibe with your myth.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82300 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
It ISN'T necessarily (unless it is taken to the extremes that some "Christians" do and leads to gay-hating, etc.
But the same comment about "plumb line" could be said, and IS said, by the Muslims, the Buddhists and the Hindus about THEIR holy books.
True Christians hate No one. That isn't what Jesus taught. To blame God or Jesus for human shortcomings is nonsense. It goes back to what I said, humans are fallible and not very trust-worthy.

St. Croix valley

#82301 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
They had better rock it for 10,000 years plus then.....
yeah sure...your cults of judaism, christianity and islam will be long dead by then...
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82302 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
SUre he does.(((wink)))
Helps you folks get to sleep at night, doesn't it?
At least be HONEST with yourselves that that is what you are doing, though.
Beats Ambien any day of the week. Give it a try.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82303 Mar 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my friend, but Genesis IS factually incorrect....provably incorrect. Other parts are also incorrect.
Only if you refuse to accept that it's incomplete. What other parts, do tell.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82304 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Guess that divine inspiriation that is needed to interpret the bible has fallen flat on its face...again...
How so? You obviously don't possess any form of it, based on some of your posts. All your comments would have required were basic reading skills, alas....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Ragmar 57,839
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 21 min Hedonist Heretic 1,760
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Subduction Zone 27,242
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Genesis Enigma 159,205
News Intelligent Design Education Day 13 hr replaytime 2
News Betsy DeVos' Code Words for Creationism Offshoo... Feb 16 scientia potentia... 1
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Feb 15 bofo 1,756
More from around the web