Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82212 Mar 22, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton was a deist and has been DEAD FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS...wasn't a trinitarian...and chased the Philosophers Stone for decades...when YOU fools start quoting Newton's Principia Mathematica instead of KJ Bible verses, you'll THEN understand why Newton is known as a SCIENTIST, and not a religionist...and for the record again: a CATHOLIOC priest named Georges LEmaitre proposed the original Big Bang theory, which Einstein scoffed at, as did Hoyle...onlt for BOTH to have to admit they were wrong, and Lemaitre was right.
Newton was a firm believer of God unlike you atheist.
Name calling will never change the fact at hand.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82213 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god? humans have invented literally thousands of them...
no evidence yet that any of those gods did what you say or even existed? why not?
Thousands? Really? WOW!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82214 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would anyone accept somehting that has no proof of existing?
When this world ceases to exist as we know, human extinction, I wonder if ET's will wonder if we ever existed at all. No concrete evidence to claim otherwise, huh?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82215 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We know for a fact that bazillions of stars were there before the Earth wa formed.
your cult lied to you...again...
A "fact" based on what? A money fat bunch of astronomers who "know" can't even track a meteorite that hit in Russia, those all knowledgeable ones? LOL! Or do they know which space rock is going to 86 us into oblivion and just not sharing?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82216 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wound you up, didn't I, snicker snicker.........
Hardly.

And you never specified what my blasphemy was.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82217 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
A "fact" based on what? A money fat bunch of astronomers who "know" can't even track a meteorite that hit in Russia, those all knowledgeable ones? LOL! Or do they know which space rock is going to 86 us into oblivion and just not sharing?
Sheesh! What the hell is your problem, lady? You act as if trying to figure out how things happened and how things work is some sort of mortal sin. We KNOW we don't know everything. THAT is the motivation. To understand. Why do you find that distasteful?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82218 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff. And the orbit crack. Maybe you DO believe in God, you're just pissed at Him for not sparing your Grandfather. I understand.

Level 2

Location hidden

#82219 Mar 22, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton was a deist and has been DEAD FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS...wasn't a trinitarian...and chased the Philosophers Stone for decades...when YOU fools start quoting Newton's Principia Mathematica instead of KJ Bible verses, you'll THEN understand why Newton is known as a SCIENTIST, and not a religionist...and for the record again: a CATHOLIOC priest named Georges LEmaitre proposed the original Big Bang theory, which Einstein scoffed at, as did Hoyle...onlt for BOTH to have to admit they were wrong, and Lemaitre was right.
From your premises, you have admitted that, science is not consistent.
Thanks for that admission.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82220 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Astronomers are money fat? you don't know what you're talking about...again...

god didn't know about teh meteorite either, did he? sheesh!

face it, we know that there were stars billions of years before the Earth. your god lied to you...again...

St. Croix valley

#82221 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When this world ceases to exist as we know, human extinction, I wonder if ET's will wonder if we ever existed at all. No concrete evidence to claim otherwise, huh?
In fact, we have several man-made objests floating through space as evidence of our existence...

logic isn't your forte...

Level 2

Location hidden

#82222 Mar 22, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
From your premises, you have admitted the inconsistencies of science.

St. Croix valley

#82223 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands? Really? WOW!
yes, thousands... and your cult took those tired, old myths and re-hashed them to make up your god. anothter proven fact.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82224 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh! What the hell is your problem, lady? You act as if trying to figure out how things happened and how things work is some sort of mortal sin. We KNOW we don't know everything. THAT is the motivation. To understand. Why do you find that distasteful?
Not the seeking being the sin, but the denial that God was behind ALL of it is the problem. I don't discount scientific discovery, I just place it right where it belongs, as JUST that, discovery. Discovery DOES NOT eliminate God from His role, only explains it. It the atheists' use of these discoveries to discredit the existence of God that is SO damn distasteful!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82225 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
For many theists "blasphemy" is pointing out how foolish their beliefs are by using humor. They think that you are making fun of god when you are really making fun of their image of god.

In the same way they insist that evolution is atheistic since it would disprove the existence of their god.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82226 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff. And the orbit crack.
Oh, wow! So burn me at the friggin stake.

Which commandment was it again that said "Thou shalt not joke nor laugh"?
CBOW wrote:
Maybe you DO believe in God, you're just pissed at Him for not sparing your Grandfather. I understand.
I neither believe nor disbelieve. And I doubt you understand. You're far too rigid in your thinking.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82227 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> Astronomers are money fat? you don't know what you're talking about...again...
god didn't know about teh meteorite either, did he? sheesh!
face it, we know that there were stars billions of years before the Earth. your god lied to you...again...
Yes, astronomers don't live on bread alone, they get grants to "discover". God did indeed know of the meteorite, get your house in order, woody. We shall be destroyed by fire and brimstone from the Heavens. "WE KNOW" who's we, you and the mouse in your pocket? A theory from man, nothing more.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82228 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, we have several man-made objests floating through space as evidence of our existence...
logic isn't your forte...
Oh, yes, Space junk. That's assuming that junk will still be there after our termination. You really do place too much emphasis on the material world.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82229 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, thousands... and your cult took those tired, old myths and re-hashed them to make up your god. anothter proven fact.
Is that how they got started? The world wide web, huh? Funny.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82230 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the seeking being the sin, but the denial that God was behind ALL of it is the problem. I don't discount scientific discovery, I just place it right where it belongs, as JUST that, discovery. Discovery DOES NOT eliminate God from His role, only explains it. It the atheists' use of these discoveries to discredit the existence of God that is SO damn distasteful!
Then take it up with the atheists. Science and its discoveries offers no opinion on gods.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82231 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
For many theists "blasphemy" is pointing out how foolish their beliefs are by using humor. They think that you are making fun of god when you are really making fun of their image of god.
In the same way they insist that evolution is atheistic since it would disprove the existence of their god.
Oh, well, if it's just the image of God and not God Himself...DUH! Evolution doesn't disprove God, He is the One without Time, and after all, that's all evolution is, TIME!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 6 min Dogen 565
How would creationists explain... 15 min Dogen 351
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 11 hr Ooogah Boogah 13,623
Science News (Sep '13) 12 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,937
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Sat nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
Genetic entropy Dec 18 Discord 159
More from around the web