Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82225 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
And you never specified what my blasphemy was.
For many theists "blasphemy" is pointing out how foolish their beliefs are by using humor. They think that you are making fun of god when you are really making fun of their image of god.

In the same way they insist that evolution is atheistic since it would disprove the existence of their god.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82226 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff. And the orbit crack.
Oh, wow! So burn me at the friggin stake.

Which commandment was it again that said "Thou shalt not joke nor laugh"?
CBOW wrote:
Maybe you DO believe in God, you're just pissed at Him for not sparing your Grandfather. I understand.
I neither believe nor disbelieve. And I doubt you understand. You're far too rigid in your thinking.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82227 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> Astronomers are money fat? you don't know what you're talking about...again...
god didn't know about teh meteorite either, did he? sheesh!
face it, we know that there were stars billions of years before the Earth. your god lied to you...again...
Yes, astronomers don't live on bread alone, they get grants to "discover". God did indeed know of the meteorite, get your house in order, woody. We shall be destroyed by fire and brimstone from the Heavens. "WE KNOW" who's we, you and the mouse in your pocket? A theory from man, nothing more.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82228 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, we have several man-made objests floating through space as evidence of our existence...
logic isn't your forte...
Oh, yes, Space junk. That's assuming that junk will still be there after our termination. You really do place too much emphasis on the material world.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82229 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, thousands... and your cult took those tired, old myths and re-hashed them to make up your god. anothter proven fact.
Is that how they got started? The world wide web, huh? Funny.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82230 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the seeking being the sin, but the denial that God was behind ALL of it is the problem. I don't discount scientific discovery, I just place it right where it belongs, as JUST that, discovery. Discovery DOES NOT eliminate God from His role, only explains it. It the atheists' use of these discoveries to discredit the existence of God that is SO damn distasteful!
Then take it up with the atheists. Science and its discoveries offers no opinion on gods.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82231 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
For many theists "blasphemy" is pointing out how foolish their beliefs are by using humor. They think that you are making fun of god when you are really making fun of their image of god.
In the same way they insist that evolution is atheistic since it would disprove the existence of their god.
Oh, well, if it's just the image of God and not God Himself...DUH! Evolution doesn't disprove God, He is the One without Time, and after all, that's all evolution is, TIME!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82232 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
As CBOW just demonstrated.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82233 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wow! So burn me at the friggin stake.
Which commandment was it again that said "Thou shalt not joke nor laugh"?
<quoted text>
I neither believe nor disbelieve. And I doubt you understand. You're far too rigid in your thinking.
You actually ride the fence on this. I remember you saying that God was a prick for not letting everyone live forever. That sounds like belief, surrounded by bitterness to me. I do understand, for I have experienced loss as well. The difference is, I accept mortality as a plane of consciousness that we are dwelling in right now. That too shall pass into another.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82234 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Then take it up with the atheists. Science and its discoveries offers no opinion on gods.
It does when it uses evolution to discredit the Word. Isn't that the title of this forum, EVOLUTION VERSUS CREATION?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#82235 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, so I gathered. You and woody are two peas in a pod, you parrot the exact same mantra over and over again and feed off of it. The ignorance lies with you Terry, for you refuse to accept that there is something WAY beyond you and your little time and space.
You know, I might be inclined to agree... except for that one little thing your belief system is missing. Actual, verifiable, reality based emperical evidence. You know, the ONE thing that would set your religious beliefs above and apart from all other religious belief systems past and present. Come up with that and I'm in. You'll excuse me, of course, if I don't hold my breath

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82236 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, Space junk. That's assuming that junk will still be there after our termination. You really do place too much emphasis on the material world.
No, not space junk, working divices we made that are exploring the solar system and even beyond...

well, some debate as to whether Voyager is beyond our solar sytem yet, but it will be soon.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82237 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how they got started? The world wide web, huh? Funny.
who ever mentioned the web? your cult god is just a re-hashed myth from previous religious cults. not even an origianl myth...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82238 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually ride the fence on this. I remember you saying that God was a prick for not letting everyone live forever. That sounds like belief, surrounded by bitterness to me.
I probably did say that. I don't recall the context however. I could very well have been correct.

I'm sure it sounds like belief to you. As I said, you're too rigid in your thinking to conceive of another point of view.
CBOW wrote:
I do understand, for I have experienced loss as well. The difference is, I accept mortality as a plane of consciousness that we are dwelling in right now. That too shall pass into another.
I accept mortality. I have little choice in the matter. Whether there is another plane of existence remains to be seen.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82239 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand that the Bible does not disprove evolution. There are no indications of a time line other than the 7 days to create the Heavens and earth. After that in the Old testament, no specifics are given in time. Evolution no more disproves God's existence than any other manmade scientific discovery.
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#82240 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
It does when it uses evolution to discredit the Word.
The science behind evolution and an old earth, etc. doesn't "discredit" the "Word," but rather makes clear what any intelligent, educated modern person knows, namely that the creation stories in the "Word" are fairly typical Bronze Age myths and not literal, factual histories.

That's not discrediting the Bible, but rather the ignorant attitudes of some of its worshippers.
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#82241 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>"exactly WHAT isn't a human theory?" Exactly, and since humans ARE fallible, what makes you think any of the experiments and explanations are "accurate"?
Because they have been checked and cross-checked using methods that have been proven to be accurate over hundreds of years.

Welcome to The Scientific Method.
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Those alleged "explanations" for how the earth was created through a scientific approach are indeed nothing more than "theories" engineered by the fallible creature, MAN. Yet they are embraced as the truth, how is this accurate?
Learn what a scientific theory is. Hint: it isn't a guess or a speculation.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82242 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
It does when it uses evolution to discredit the Word.
It meaning science? Nope.
CBOW wrote:
Isn't that the title of this forum, EVOLUTION VERSUS CREATION?
It is, Ms Rigid. However, the controversy is not necessarily between god or no god - which is how you see it - but between the evidence for evolution vs Genesis.

Creationism states that the Genesis account is factually correct. It isn't.
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#82243 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason. My answered prayers are proof enough for me.
And what about all those times your prayers were NOT answered?

Wait, let me guess. "God answered my prayers. He said no." Right?

Has it occurred to you that there is no functional difference between

1.) "God answered my prayers. He said no."

and

2.) There was no one there to take the call.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#82244 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand that the Bible does not disprove evolution. There are no indications of a time line other than the 7 days to create the Heavens and earth. After that in the Old testament, no specifics are given in time. Evolution no more disproves God's existence than any other manmade scientific discovery.
Didn't I just say that???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 29 min Messianic114 1,868
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 31 min Endofdays 159,280
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 33 min Cheech 27,263
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min IB DaMann 58,055
News Intelligent Design Education Day Sun replaytime 2
News Betsy DeVos' Code Words for Creationism Offshoo... Feb 16 scientia potentia... 1
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Feb 15 bofo 1,756
More from around the web