Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#82110 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you?
I can tell you this a hundred times a day from now until the Sun stops shinning and you still would not get it.
With God anything is possible.
There has NEVER been any well attested example, event, occurrence, happening, appearance, or case of magik on the earth...at any time.

There is no supernatural. the supernatural and magik are folk tales and myth.

Grow up.

Mark

United States

#82111 Mar 21, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea why, or even if Johansson or any other reputable scientists would want to be even SEEN in a fundie Christian church with a bunch of hack creationist liars piling on to him, doing the Gish Gallop at full speed.
I know that _I_ certainly would have better things than to give "you guys" an ounce of credibility by even acknowledging your existence, much less actually debating you.
<quoted text>
The DETAILS of the human evolutionary path (and ALL of evolution) change gradually as new knowledge becomes available. And with new technology and the Internet, knowledge is coming fast and furious now,
Welcome to the world of science. Must be a scary thing to fundamentalist Christians who absolutely depend on there being 3 or 4 simple truths they can hang unto for dear life in a fast-paced, "demon-infested" world.
But there is absolutely NO CONTROVERSY in science that evolution in general happened and continues to happen, and also that modern homo-sapiens evolved gradually out of earlier proto-human species.
And sorry, Bible-lovers, but everything in modern-day science points to the fact that there were never any two "first humans" whether named Adam and Eve or anything else -- nor could there have ever been, with one species population gradually evolving into the next one.
The DNA evidence alone demolishes this Bible myth.
What part of the multi-gigabit code, smaller than any manmade storage device, are you speaking of as evidence against "Bible Myth? DNA coding is very sophisticated and requires a lauguage convention. There are only read heads in a cell. If what is known about it today was known by Darwin, he would have never wrote Origin! A cell is the most complex micro-machine known. My word!

Using the cell as anti-creation evidence is a mighty poor place to start. Ever seen a blueprint of a cell? It uses a good part of a gym wall to map out. A machine does not blindly and mindlessly self-create. When one sees a 747 fly by it's easy to assume Boeing made it. At the same moment the evolutionist see's a bird fly by and says it has no creator, chance and time made it. Contradictory to me. You look at your computer and have no doubt that man made it, using eyes that are just as complex you say came about by self-directed mindlessness! That my friend is not sceintific at all. Such belief is faith based, so please don't judge or stereotype me for getting that biology is complex and uses cell structures that I beleive require intelligence. To instantly switch paradigms is your business not mine.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82112 Mar 21, 2013

Reminds me of the bible "prophecies," and "prayer."

Level 9

Iquique

#82113 Mar 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"In other words, at no time since when there has been land based animal life has the whole Earth been underwater"
We have human eye witnesses that claim other wise. You have ...... Oh ya a few more billion years.
You write:
"We have human eye witnesses that claim other wise."

No, you don't have proven eyewitnesses to anything in Genesis. You have written word that is VERY much in dispute, and it almost certainly fiction.

We have verifiable facts to back up what we are saying....you have NOTHING but words and stories that depend on magik to be doable.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82114 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the multi-gigabit code, smaller than any manmade storage device, are you speaking of as evidence against "Bible Myth? DNA coding is very sophisticated and requires a lauguage convention. There are only read heads in a cell. If what is known about it today was known by Darwin, he would have never wrote Origin! A cell is the most complex micro-machine known. My word!
Using the cell as anti-creation evidence is a mighty poor place to start. Ever seen a blueprint of a cell? It uses a good part of a gym wall to map out. A machine does not blindly and mindlessly self-create. When one sees a 747 fly by it's easy to assume Boeing made it. At the same moment the evolutionist see's a bird fly by and says it has no creator, chance and time made it. Contradictory to me. You look at your computer and have no doubt that man made it, using eyes that are just as complex you say came about by self-directed mindlessness! That my friend is not sceintific at all. Such belief is faith based, so please don't judge or stereotype me for getting that biology is complex and uses cell structures that I beleive require intelligence. To instantly switch paradigms is your business not mine.
Wow, you are clueless about both genetics and technology. Hint: DNA is not that complex.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82115 Mar 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"We have human eye witnesses that claim other wise."
No, you don't have proven eyewitnesses to anything in Genesis. You have written word that is VERY much in dispute, and it almost certainly fiction.
We have verifiable facts to back up what we are saying....you have NOTHING but words and stories that depend on magik to be doable.
Even christians themselves are disputing the claims of Genesis, ironically.
Mark

United States

#82116 Mar 21, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! what is this, a 4th opposes me! I didn't think my comment was that important. Apparently it is! LOL
I ment that in the realm of "theoretical science" vs "religion" (of all types) science has the right of honest understanding being promoted, but cannot trump all truth, because it may be controverted at any time with more evidence or such. If it's an origin theory that is opposite of a religious belief, so what, more evidence may come along for either. I just liked the just path being promoted, OBJECTIVITY!
Mark

United States

#82117 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are clueless about both genetics and technology. Hint: DNA is not that complex.
Ok, 3 gb of code written in a molecular language just happens every day. Got it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82118 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, 3 gb of code written in a molecular language just happens every day. Got it.
Well, if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't call it a "language."
Mark

United States

#82119 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Even christians themselves are disputing the claims of Genesis, ironically.
I guess Noahs time event and observation record doesn't count. Days they were shut inside, the initial crustal brakeup, storm start and stop time, runoff time, time to final rest.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82120 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Noahs time event and observation record doesn't count. Days they were shut inside, the initial crustal brakeup, storm start and stop time, runoff time, time to final rest.
English, do you speak it?
Mark

United States

#82121 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't call it a "language."
It's a triple code and the receptor side must assemble the amino according to the chem instructions provided. One side is code, the other is a machine doing what the code says. Is that not a language? One must understand the other.

Level 9

Iquique

#82122 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
All fiction my friend, all fiction. We have proven this hundreds of years ago.

We can prove no Adam and Eve also.

We can prove no Exodus also
Mark

United States

#82123 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence?
Great Unconformity. Have a piece on my shelf.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82124 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a triple code and the receptor side must assemble the amino according to the chem instructions provided. One side is code, the other is a machine doing what the code says. Is that not a language? One must understand the other.
If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't use the words "language" or "machine" in describing the chemical reactions involved.
Mark

United States

#82125 Mar 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
All fiction my friend, all fiction. We have proven this hundreds of years ago.
We can prove no Adam and Eve also.
We can prove no Exodus also
Well I don't want to get into all that, pretty big list! I did see your post about Christianity as a whole. I get that people claiming to be "Christian" have done awful things in some cases. Jesus taught, "do unto others as you would have them do to you" and "Love (be giving and kind) one another".

As I follow it, one is not a "Christian" if you don't follow and do as Christ did. He said "identify a tree by it's fruit". So to me that long list is not about "Christians".

As far as the disproving part, the schools and education system over here has worked on us for years about those issues and done a good job! I have seen no better model for peace and non-judgement than Christ. He taught this very directly. He never hurt a soul.

Level 9

Iquique

#82126 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't want to get into all that, pretty big list! I did see your post about Christianity as a whole. I get that people claiming to be "Christian" have done awful things in some cases. Jesus taught, "do unto others as you would have them do to you" and "Love (be giving and kind) one another".

As I follow it, one is not a "Christian" if you don't follow and do as Christ did. He said "identify a tree by it's fruit". So to me that long list is not about "Christians".

As far as the disproving part, the schools and education system over here has worked on us for years about those issues and done a good job! I have seen no better model for peace and non-judgement than Christ. He taught this very directly. He never hurt a soul.
I'm sorry....big list?? where was a big list..:-)

Christianity in the early days was responsible for a million or two deaths. The early church was purely evil and I just can't imagine wanting to give it more power today. Thankfully secular authority has taken over from it in Democratic countries. Now if we can just take over Islam and 'rub out those Mullah leaders'

Also your use of the homily "identify a tree by its fruit" is pertinent to Christianities rough start above.

By the way, the saying of Jesus..."do unto others as you would have them do to you" (Golden Rule) Is a minor variation of what Confucius wrote some 500 years before Jesus.

The Christian churches of today are fairly innocuous in the first world countries (most of Africa is another matter), but the fairly recent Republican takeover by the Christian right was pretty scary and I'm afraid they still have too much pull. Read up on Dominionism sometime.

Yes the schools here and many other places are very good, however the religious Christians of the world need to understand what is going on in the sciences. Many so-called truths of the Bible ARE being obliquely disproven.

By that I mean that the Bible is not being attacked head-on, but by science that disproves things around the Biblical story that end up being circumstantial evidence that the book is NOT truthful.

The simple finding by archaeology, paleoanthropology, and most recently DNA that proved humans were walking the earth 200,000 years ago disproves the Adam and Eve story as written in the Bible.

The science is solid. The church has never disproven an assertion about the natural world by science.

What is Christianity going to do about the continued assault of science upon church dogma and myth?? It's not going to stop unless the churches somehow seize the kind of power they had in the Dark Ages.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82127 Mar 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry....big list?? where was a big list..:-)
Christianity in the early days was responsible for a million or two deaths. The early church was purely evil and I just can't imagine wanting to give it more power today. Thankfully secular authority has taken over from it in Democratic countries. Now if we can just take over Islam and 'rub out those Mullah leaders'
Also your use of the homily "identify a tree by its fruit" is pertinent to Christianities rough start above.
By the way, the saying of Jesus..."do unto others as you would have them do to you" (Golden Rule) Is a minor variation of what Confucius wrote some 500 years before Jesus.
The Christian churches of today are fairly innocuous in the first world countries (most of Africa is another matter), but the fairly recent Republican takeover by the Christian right was pretty scary and I'm afraid they still have too much pull. Read up on Dominionism sometime.
Yes the schools here and many other places are very good, however the religious Christians of the world need to understand what is going on in the sciences. Many so-called truths of the Bible ARE being obliquely disproven.
By that I mean that the Bible is not being attacked head-on, but by science that disproves things around the Biblical story that end up being circumstantial evidence that the book is NOT truthful.
The simple finding by archaeology, paleoanthropology, and most recently DNA that proved humans were walking the earth 200,000 years ago disproves the Adam and Eve story as written in the Bible.
The science is solid. The church has never disproven an assertion about the natural world by science.
What is Christianity going to do about the continued assault of science upon church dogma and myth?? It's not going to stop unless the churches somehow seize the kind of power they had in the Dark Ages.
Get over this/ that, Bobby.
More of this has/ had been said by many before you, but to date, the work of God, the church and the bible continue to spread daily. Why?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82128 Mar 22, 2013
Like i will always say, assertions, libels or slanders against God, his word( the bible) and his church, will never change the original plan of God.
Let the criticisms keeps coming while the work of God and his glory, keeps increasing.
Halleluyah!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82129 Mar 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get over this/ that, Bobby.
More of this has/ had been said by many before you, but to date, the work of God, the church and the bible continue to spread daily. Why?
Because people are gullible due to them wanting to be part of something. An inherent flaw in our social traits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 5 min replaytime 174,445
Darwin on the rocks 53 min Dogen 99
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr polymath257 137,374
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 10 hr Chimney1 653
Why are there no dinosaur pen is fossil? Sep 27 David M 2
New Fossil Reveals Multicellular Life Evolved 6... Sep 26 TedHOhio 8
Birds Evolved From Dinosaurs Slowly—Then Took Off Sep 26 TedHOhio 2

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE