Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223049 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82177 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the Earth was not created before the sun. there was no water before there was light.
your cult lied to you...again...
Wrong, God created light, before the earth. It never said that the light was generated by the sun. Ever heard of artificial light? OOOH, that was a discovery of science. Gee and God already knew how to do it. mmmmm
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82178 Mar 22, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! How could ANYTHING be more simplistic than "god-did-it'??(other than those that would use that as answer for something, of course)
You either are as incredibly ignorant as you appear, or a POE playing the part quite well.
Actually, saying God did it is giving the credit to a Higher authority. Which is not simplistic at all. Once you accept that there is something greater than the human condition, you expand your mind for all possibilities. The ignorance lies with you woody, in your very single faceted mind.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82179 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is different. science has facts to back up thier findings. religious cults have none. not one. not even a shred.
What makes these alleged facts FACTS? What is your definition of this?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82180 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, God created light, before the earth. It never said that the light was generated by the sun. Ever heard of artificial light? OOOH, that was a discovery of science. Gee and God already knew how to do it. mmmmm
God created CFLs?!? cool! there was, in fact, light before there were any stars or planets or anything, but there was not the sun, nor was there water before there were any stars.

according to your creation myth, the stars were created long after the Earth and plants and water...

oops, your god myth ALMOST got his own creation story right...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82181 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, God created light, before the earth. It never said that the light was generated by the sun. Ever heard of artificial light? OOOH, that was a discovery of science. Gee and God already knew how to do it. mmmmm
Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82182 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff.
imagine the traffic headaches when the Milky Way was under construction...
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82183 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>God created CFLs?!? cool! there was, in fact, light before there were any stars or planets or anything, but there was not the sun, nor was there water before there were any stars.
according to your creation myth, the stars were created long after the Earth and plants and water...
oops, your god myth ALMOST got his own creation story right...
And you have a problem with what part? What makes you think that the stars had any relevance over the earth and shouldn't follow in the manner that they did in creation? Who are you to decide the order of things? Egotistical much?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82184 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>imagine the traffic headaches when the Milky Way was under construction...
Orbit closures daily between 2:00 am and 6:00 am.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82185 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Image of those light road crews use at night floating in space while the big guy does his stuff.
God has night vision, He needs NO help from mere mortals. Do you have a point?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82186 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes these alleged facts FACTS? What is your definition of this?
verifiable, reproduceable experiments or observations is a good start.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82187 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
God has night vision, He needs NO help from mere mortals. Do you have a point?
I do. Like most fundies, you have absolutely no sense of humor.

Lighten up.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82188 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a problem with what part? What makes you think that the stars had any relevance over the earth and shouldn't follow in the manner that they did in creation? Who are you to decide the order of things? Egotistical much?
If your god exists, the evidence he left decided the order of things.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82189 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>verifiable, reproduceable experiments or observations is a good start.
As God has performed over and over again. You don't seem to realize, God is the ULTIMATE scientist and researcher, you are just ONE of many experiments he has performed.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82190 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. Like most fundies, you have absolutely no sense of humor.
Lighten up.
Actually, I have a great sense of humor, I don't appreciate blasphemy against God. Now, if you were a believer and making jokes, they would not be insulting, but since you aren't.... so what was your point?
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82191 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god exists, the evidence he left decided the order of things.
Which is plenty for us to "discover", which is all mankind does, discover. We will never achieve the knowledge of God, we may try, but, alas.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#82192 Mar 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i am telling you that, that does not change Newton's beliefs of God and also does not change Einstein statement about religion and science. You once again proven wrong.
Newton was a deist and has been DEAD FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS...wasn't a trinitarian...and chased the Philosophers Stone for decades...when YOU fools start quoting Newton's Principia Mathematica instead of KJ Bible verses, you'll THEN understand why Newton is known as a SCIENTIST, and not a religionist...and for the record again: a CATHOLIOC priest named Georges LEmaitre proposed the original Big Bang theory, which Einstein scoffed at, as did Hoyle...onlt for BOTH to have to admit they were wrong, and Lemaitre was right.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#82194 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, saying God did it is giving the credit to a Higher authority. Which is not simplistic at all. Once you accept that there is something greater than the human condition, you expand your mind for all possibilities. The ignorance lies with you woody, in your very single faceted mind.
Wow... "Incredibly ignorant" it is then. BTW... I'm not "woodtick"

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82195 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have a great sense of humor, I don't appreciate blasphemy against God.
And what blasphemy was that?
CBOW wrote:
Now, if you were a believer and making jokes, they would not be insulting, but since you aren't.... so what was your point?
That it's so very easy to wind you up.

Great sense of humor, huh? Pffft
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82196 Mar 22, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Wow... "Incredibly ignorant" it is then. BTW... I'm not "woodtick"
Yes, so I gathered. You and woody are two peas in a pod, you parrot the exact same mantra over and over again and feed off of it. The ignorance lies with you Terry, for you refuse to accept that there is something WAY beyond you and your little time and space.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#82197 Mar 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go to your glossary of words or dictionary and find the meaning of the word, "Translation".
There are many...man up, and pick one...then I will crush your spirit, soul and life force...Yahweh has commanded me...you are doomed...

and do get some new material...the foot-stomping, childish denial doesn't really resonante with the educated crowd...so far you've just piucked up the baton that's been dropped by other kooks like yourself...oh well, can't change dumb...stupid is as stupid does...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min replaytime 83,250
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Dogen 164,711
Are you from Tennessee? 6 hr Science 1
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 9 hr Dogen 2,578
SEX did not EVOLVE 9 hr Dogen 185
Evolutionists are anti-conspiracy theorists and... 10 hr Al Caplan 10
Religions are the original fake news and fascis... 14 hr Really55 31
More from around the web