Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,873)

Showing posts 77,441 - 77,460 of111,911
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe there must have been seven land boundries that needed to be reseeded upon the face of all the earth after the great flood, because we read in GENESIS 7:2&3 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens,the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female, to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
Are you forgetting that it would have been impossible for Noah to visit all the places on Earth to gather these animals?

why do you continue to believe a myth that has been proven to be a lie a thousand times over? is your cult bond that strong?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't think you ever siad your gender or job, just that that is where you steal your employers time by posting on Topix.
you aren't even smart enought ot realize that Topix is archived?
"You don't think..." exactly. Woody, if you think it was on this forum, you are indeed incorrect. It was on other ones. I told you you skip around so much you can't keep track of the conversations. I did tell you several times that I am a woman. I also told you that I own a robotics company and machine shop. I was at a trade show at the end of last month and the beginning of this month, thus could not reply. Yes, I do know that Topix archives their forums, that is how I know I told you the above information.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence supporting your god, those are your words, thus you are the one judging. Yes, you are judging people. Using the shield of "it's what my god says" is lying, thus you are a judgmental liar.
Not my words, the Word of God. God established the plum line I live by. Who established yours? HUMANITY, so how is that working out for you? Imperfect beings setting forth rules and laws, no wonder this civilization is so screwed up. More of your kind skewing the line. Do you think because you claim there is no God that somehow your judging is any different than that of a believer? Hypocritical much?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you forgetting that it would have been impossible for Noah to visit all the places on Earth to gather these animals?
why do you continue to believe a myth that has been proven to be a lie a thousand times over? is your cult bond that strong?
No where in the Bible does it say "Noah visited" the other "places". The animals were brought two by two to the ark.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
"You don't think..." exactly. Woody, if you think it was on this forum, you are indeed incorrect. It was on other ones. I told you you skip around so much you can't keep track of the conversations. I did tell you several times that I am a woman. I also told you that I own a robotics company and machine shop. I was at a trade show at the end of last month and the beginning of this month, thus could not reply. Yes, I do know that Topix archives their forums, that is how I know I told you the above information.
you think i read everyone of your posts? sad you are that deluded...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No where in the Bible does it say "Noah visited" the other "places". The animals were brought two by two to the ark.
The animals swam across the oceans? sure, pal, sure...
and the ark could hold all the animals and their food for 40 days?

face it, you cult lied to you.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my words, the Word of God. God established the plum line I live by. Who established yours? HUMANITY, so how is that working out for you? Imperfect beings setting forth rules and laws, no wonder this civilization is so screwed up. More of your kind skewing the line. Do you think because you claim there is no God that somehow your judging is any different than that of a believer? Hypocritical much?
Your 'word of god' has been proven to be a ie over and over again.

why would you continue to believe a cult that has repeatedly lied to you? that is not rational behavior.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's "plumb line," by the way. Nautical term.

And EVERY WORD you have ever heard or read about this plumb line of your God has been written or spoken by a MAN (or woman), probably starting with your parents and the teachers who acculturated you as a young person and taught you what was :true" or what THEY had been taught was true. Then your pastors and Bible teachers, etc.

All MEN. So the claim that you are following God and atheists and others who disagree with you are just following men rings rather hollow. It sounds self-serving.
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Flying Tiger 66?
Sept 5 1970, AK air FL 66
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's "plumb line," by the way. Nautical term.
And EVERY WORD you have ever heard or read about this plumb line of your God has been written or spoken by a MAN (or woman), probably starting with your parents and the teachers who acculturated you as a young person and taught you what was :true" or what THEY had been taught was true. Then your pastors and Bible teachers, etc.
All MEN. So the claim that you are following God and atheists and others who disagree with you are just following men rings rather hollow. It sounds self-serving.
My mother was raised by a Pentacostal minister. When she came of age, she abandoned the church. My father was not raised in a church setting but his parents read and followed the scriptures. When I came of age, I became curious as to the word. I read the Bible from cover to cover and it took 2 years. The fact is, it answered many questions about why humanity behaves the way it does. Answered the questions better than my psychology and sociology courses did. The fact is, the Bible doesn't discount evolution at all. It explains the previous worlds in the first few lines of Genesis. It also explains how the genes of Adam and Eve were diversified. The fact is, to be an atheist and completely disregard the Biblical texts for their historical value is shallow and defiant. The Bible is an interesting and enlightening collection of writings. So, even if you don't want to use it as a guideline to life, read it for it's incredible insight.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Your 'word of god' has been proven to be a ie over and over again.
why would you continue to believe a cult that has repeatedly lied to you? that is not rational behavior.
\
Provide the said proof. The fact is, there IS NO PROOF that God doesn't exist, you only wish there were. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>The animals swam across the oceans? sure, pal, sure...
and the ark could hold all the animals and their food for 40 days?
face it, you cult lied to you.
No where does it claim that was how the animals arrived to the ark. Such a simplistic mind you have.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think i read everyone of your posts? sad you are that deluded...
Then your claims about me have no value whatsoever, since you haven't bothered to compile the data I have set forth. Much like your other ramblings that have no evidence to back them up. Typical. Face it, you're just an angry old fart who hates everyone for shitting in your sandbox.
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>good, no-one would expect anyone to worship a wall clock, thought it would make more sense than worshipping a known lie...
again, most non-believers know religions better than those that profess to be members of that cult.(i.e. i have read the bible quite extensively...)
i am not angry at all just pointing out your lies and falsehoods.
Do you call everyone a liar that doesn't agree with your view of origins? I am glad you are not angry, but civil debate doesn't work like that.
M
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think i read everyone of your posts? sad you are that deluded...
\
Upon further observation, yes. Since you reply to each and every one, so long as they happen within the time span of your limited attention.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sept 5 1970, AK air FL 66
Yeah. Found it.
http://libraryonline.erau.edu/online-full-tex...

The VOR thing seems to be a point of contention. The FAA discounts it, Alaska Air believes it. Of course, both would have their reasons for taking each position.

Having worked on VORs (and ILS, TACAN, etc) for a number of years, I'd have to work on understand how a radial shift of that magnitude is even possible.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>\
Upon further observation, yes. Since you reply to each and every one, so long as they happen within the time span of your limited attention.
I'm sure your ego is that big...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you call everyone a liar that doesn't agree with your view of origins? I am glad you are not angry, but civil debate doesn't work like that.
M
No, just those that throw out proven lies...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>\
Provide the said proof. The fact is, there IS NO PROOF that God doesn't exist, you only wish there were. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
In that post woodtick did not say that god did not exist.

He pointed out that your "word of god" has been shown to be in error many times over.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Sorry for the double post. It should disappear in a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,441 - 77,460 of111,911
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••