Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#81657 Mar 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Hitler was a Christian that did not believe the theory of evolution. Lucky for you I am not an idiot and don't think that debunks Christianity.
Given that you might want to rewrite this piece of idiocy.
Hitler's religion means diddly squat.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81658 Mar 18, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler's religion means diddly squat.
Are you an idiot too who cannot see that is exactly what I was saying?

Hitler's beliefs mean diddly squat. So do those of Stalin.

Way to miss the point.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#81659 Mar 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I ever once demonstrated that I do not live in the real world? Please provide references.
Maybe if you would quit wearing womens' clothing people would take you seriously.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#81660 Mar 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Colliding galaxies, exploding stars, black holes that swallow everything, predators who eat you alive, painful diseases, etc, etc, etc.
Some design, huh?
It's exquisitely terrible compared to the alternative of nothing having ever existed.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#81661 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're just jealous I'm in a cat fight with KK.
It's more like you brought a cat to a dog fight.....KK's a guy.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#81662 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i know smart people when i talk to them. you are a very bright person.
You are truly pathetic if you admire that creep.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#81663 Mar 18, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler's religion means diddly squat.
Yeah...and I still wanna talk about men's nipples.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

as a reasonable person

#81665 Mar 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...and I still wanna talk about men's nipples.
Everyone knows that men's nipples are there for only two reasons. 1) Sexual arousal. 2) To confuse extra-terrestial rapists.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#81666 Mar 19, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone knows that men's nipples are there for only two reasons. 1) Sexual arousal. 2) To confuse extra-terrestial rapists.
If you say so then it must be true.:)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

as a reasonable person

#81667 Mar 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If you say so then it must be true.:)
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
I can lactate but not from my nippples. I think that I may go to jail if I try and feed that to a baby though.
Yen Ying

Duluth, GA

#81668 Mar 19, 2013
Illimitination Nominee *

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#81669 Mar 19, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I can lactate but not from my nippples....
I suppose that's better than nothing at all.
AVG JOE

Memphis, TN

#81670 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldn't your god give everyone a miracle like that? are you special?
Everyone out of 7 billion and only one comes here to be ridiculed. Nobody else would stand this.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#81671 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
Jesus said it would be better to throw youself in the ocean with a rock aroound your neck then face God after teaching this evo garbage to children.
Really? And in which gospel would I find this?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#81673 Mar 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't we say God is the one that brought the universe into existence?
You would.

I wouldn't.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81675 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I put a call into him and he hasn't got back yet, truth is coming..
since there is no center of the universe, you had better ask whomever you are calling why they think this picture is it...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81676 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
Dude,
It's just one bird. A very interesting design that worth a study. My point is look at the blueprints, the anatomy, the genetics that create it. Its flight specs, g-forces, max speed, dive speed, endurance. Slow down and look at just this one animal and try to call it an accident.
'Accident' is a fundie caricature. Design is undemonstrated.
Mark wrote:
Look at anatomic parallelism as it relates to genetics. Read Denton.
You mean the guy who disagrees with you but his earlier apologetics from his pre-epiphany days is still quoted by liars for Jesus to this very day? That Denton?
Mark wrote:
You know, the finding where one wing's development is controlled by a diff. gene than the other and on and on.. Pretty lucky accident of mutations to get both sides at the same time! Effects all parallel appendages...even lungs!
Not when you take bilateral symmetry into account, no.
Mark wrote:
Bird lungs are another example. Design, function, design, function. Is that not intelligent,- design = ID?
It would be if you can demonstrate design.
Mark wrote:
You need a mechanism, most likely because I challenged you to present one for evolution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution#Mechan...
Mark wrote:
I'll give you one. Some time ago a biologist took apart a virus and killed it. He then put it back together and it revived! Now take a car. Remove the engine, panel etc. and it won't run right? Put it back together and she starts right up. My point is you won't stand there and say, man, this car is amazing, it created itself and I figured it out! No, a car has a creator, Ford, Chevy, BMW, you won't argue that, that would be foolish!
But because its a living thing you say "no creator needed"! Same for the humming bird or a Blackhawk. I run Lama's.
Apart from not understanding biology you've just presented a fantastic example of why self-replicating biological organisms are NOT like artificially created non self-replicating machines. We can put the car back together.

You've also done me the favour that every other ID proponent does for me by using an analogy INSTEAD of evidence. Analogies are meant to help explaining concepts but are not meant to be taken too far. Otherwise they break down. And that's what happens with IDC. As it always stops them from providing DIRECT evidence of ID. Instead they point to a bird and keep telling me it's just like a computer or a cellphone or a car. But they can't point me to the bird factory or the bird maker or give any hint on the mechanisms the bird maker uses.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81677 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am glad you of accused me of being 'like' one than actually one.. That makes me feel better.., your getting soft Subduction.
Evolution teaches chemical to human self-powered, mindless, thoughtless onward development, and Hitler believed he was the top of the chain. His belief took his country and millions with him to their end. Stalin also, treating everyone like animals they thought they came from. Bad form and hardly "happy and educated".
Thank God they eliminated each other but at what a horrible cost! I believe they are in heaven, the cost was great but the cost of having a superpower amoung them would have been greater. That's what the Russian was talking about. Yeltsin said "my grandchildren have crosses around their necks and I am happy for it." When the Ivans were going into battle against the Germans, many made crosses out of tin cans and burned their party cards. You see there is no hope in a clock.
M
Ummmm....Hitler didn't eliminate Stalin. Stalin went on to rule for a while.

facts are fun!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81678 Mar 19, 2013
d pants wrote:
<quoted text> valid yes, but ony as a theory and that's all. That's why its still a theory, the facts used to try to validate it don't prove it as law. Its either wrong or just missing a substantial peice of the evidence.
Wow. Either you completely ignored my post or completely misunderstood it. I wonder which it is?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81679 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I gave you 2 mechanisms for evolution
How can you when you don't know the first thing about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How would creationists explain... 3 hr Chimney1 451
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 3 hr Chimney1 13,644
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) 3 hr Al the Scot 1,000
Intelligent Design: Still Dead [EvolutionBlog] 20 hr geezerjock 1
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 20 hr The Dude 514
Evolutionists staes that white people are more ... (Jun '06) 23 hr spiderlover 77
Science News (Sep '13) Sat Hatti_Hollerand 2,948
More from around the web