Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,828)

Showing posts 76,541 - 76,560 of111,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
?
DATING BASIC INTRODUCTION
Radiocarbon (RC) or (C-14) dating of linen, cotton, bones, fossils, wood, sea shells, seeds, coal, diamond (anything with carbon) is one of the most common and well understood of the various scientific dating methods.
http://www.dinosaurc14ages.com/carbondating.h...
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, wrong.
You are somewhat right about how astronomers knew that there was something else out there. Galaxies do spin too quickly. Now you might have a claim if that was all the evidence there was. It isn't. Gravity bends light. They can calculate how much a galaxy should bend light and how much it should bend light if there was dark matter. Guess which one they observe.
And very rarely galaxies collide. When they do at least temporarily the dark matter is separated a bit from the galaxy that it is associated with. That can be seen by how it reacts with light too.
So astronomers do have more evidence for Dark Matter than the simple fact that galaxies spin too quickly.
With all due respect,there is absoulutely no observable law of physics that allow for an invisible, undetectible force of such universal magnitute! They need to have such a gravity to hold things together for the long ages hypothesis. Without it the time lines don't fit. Are you saying you "beleive" in Dark Matter? Something that can't be detected, observed nor proved? My friend, I used to beleive in the same until something greater than dark matter spoke to me and then answered my prayers. I followed that voice to Christ and then searched for truth to eventually see every strong hold opposing creation pulled down, with reasonable answers to fill my logical questions. Thank you for your kind response and objectivity. Your icon is curious, i worked underground for over 30 years around the world, some in geology. I have done college level field studies on our "subduction" here on the west coast. I feel it was an event with a finite time line, in the end so did my proffesors. another story. regards Mark

In speaking about mass and gravity, have you researched the decay of earths magnetic field? They are decaying so rapidly that the avaition charts are republished every 90 days due to movement of the isogonic lines of variation the effects compass use. Now would'nt it be reasonable and logical to run a reverse calc? If you do one will find a mag field so srong on earth that no life could survive as little as 10,000 YA.

When a properly equipped sat was sent out amoung the planets out to Pluto what was found?, all of them were running down at the same rate as here based on their mass. Dr. Humphreys of Sandia Natl Lab predicted this before the sat left the pad. Boy was that little tidbit left out of the textbooks. Our solar system, moon size and distance are a wonderful and beautiful example of creation. To "beleive" this all came about accidentally seems a wonderfull faith indeed!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Q:why did you bring up carbon dating when discussion fossils?
A: you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please explain how scientists determined the period when trilobites existed about 520 mya and when it went extinct with accuracy?

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
The discovery of collagen in a Tyrannosaurus-Rex dinosaur femur bone was recently reported in the journal SCIENCE. This is an outstanding find because collagen being a soft tissue present in most animals is supposed to decay in a few thousand years.
Actually collagen is a very stable protein, and the sample was also dried out and hermetically sealed inside solid rock protected from the outside elements and the bacteria that would cause decay. The find also demonstrated protein similarities which helped strengthen the dino-bird connection, not really something creationists wanna publicize. The other problem with their objections here is that this has no bearing on the hypothesis of common descent. The age of the Earth is a different issue, so they claim that all chemistry and physics is incorrect just so they can pretend biology isn't real.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie.
Langs, why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you have any sort of European ancestry, so are you.
As a matter of fact my European ancestry also has something to do with Cro-magnon with neanderthal traits. lol

The stuff scientists love to piece together but no idea what this common ancestor really is.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how scientists determined the period when trilobites existed about 520 mya and when it went extinct with accuracy?
not radiocarbon dating...sheesh! there are many types of dating, most rely on the universal conformity of the breakdown of atoms. perhaps you should research this topic so you don't sound so foolish in the future, and you might actually learn something in the process!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mark wrote:
With all due respect,there is absoulutely no observable law of physics that allow for an invisible, undetectible force of such universal magnitute!
Why not? You believe in God.(shrug)

With all due respect you are completely ignorant of science as a whole, much less physics in particular.
Mark wrote:
They need to have such a gravity to hold things together for the long ages hypothesis. Without it the time lines don't fit. Are you saying you "beleive" in Dark Matter? Something that can't be detected, observed nor proved? My friend, I used to beleive in the same until something greater than dark matter spoke to me and then answered my prayers. I followed that voice to Christ and then searched for truth to eventually see every strong hold opposing creation pulled down, with reasonable answers to fill my logical questions.
What reasonable answers? Bub, you're saying that because dark matter is unobservable then it's bogus therefore an invisible Jewish wizard didit with magic. You could not POSSIBLY say anything more hypocritical or stupid.
Mark wrote:
Thank you for your kind response and objectivity. Your icon is curious, i worked underground for over 30 years around the world, some in geology. I have done college level field studies on our "subduction" here on the west coast. I feel it was an event with a finite time line, in the end so did my proffesors. another story. regards Mark
And if you knew anything about geology at all you would know that your position is COMPLETELY at odds with scientific consensus.
Mark wrote:
In speaking about mass and gravity, have you researched the decay of earths magnetic field? They are decaying so rapidly that the avaition charts are republished every 90 days due to movement of the isogonic lines of variation the effects compass use. Now would'nt it be reasonable and logical to run a reverse calc? If you do one will find a mag field so srong on earth that no life could survive as little as 10,000 YA.
Considering that life has survived a minimum of 3 billion years your claim is frankly beyond ridiculous.
Mark wrote:
When a properly equipped sat was sent out amoung the planets out to Pluto what was found?, all of them were running down at the same rate as here based on their mass. Dr. Humphreys of Sandia Natl Lab predicted this before the sat left the pad. Boy was that little tidbit left out of the textbooks.
You mean the guy who works for CMI, an organization which openly admits it lies for Jesus?
Mark wrote:
Our solar system, moon size and distance are a wonderful and beautiful example of creation.
How so? What scientific mechanism did God use?
Mark wrote:
To "beleive" this all came about accidentally seems a wonderfull faith indeed!
And to keep claiming that's what science claims is a fundie straw-man. Especially since much natural phenomena is NOT random. The thing that you can't personally get your head around is that the opposite of random is NOT "intelligence".

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect,there is absoulutely no observable law of physics that allow for an invisible, undetectible force of such universal magnitute! They need to have such a gravity to hold things together for the long ages hypothesis. Without it the time lines don't fit. Are you saying you "beleive" in Dark Matter? Something that can't be detected, observed nor proved? My friend, I used to beleive in the same until something greater than dark matter spoke to me and then answered my prayers. I followed that voice to Christ and then searched for truth to eventually see every strong hold opposing creation pulled down, with reasonable answers to fill my logical questions. Thank you for your kind response and objectivity. Your icon is curious, i worked underground for over 30 years around the world, some in geology. I have done college level field studies on our "subduction" here on the west coast. I feel it was an event with a finite time line, in the end so did my proffesors. another story. regards Mark
When a properly equipped sat was sent out amoung the planets out to Pluto what was found?, all of them were running down at the same rate as here based on their mass. Dr. Humphreys of Sandia Natl Lab predicted this before the sat left the pad. Boy was that little tidbit left out of the textbooks. Our solar system, moon size and distance are a wonderful and beautiful example of creation. To "beleive" this all came about accidentally seems a wonderfull faith indeed!
Ummm..we can see the effects of whatever dark matter is. clearly explaine din his post.

whatever traumatic event led you to hear voices seems to hav affected your reasoning ability. minor strokes should really be checked out by medical professionals.

we know for a fact life was on Earth 10,000 years ago.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly did not use carbon dating.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had even paid attention to the past few pages it has already been explained that Dark Matter HAS been tested. That's WHY the theory makes successful predictions on the positions and motions of observable astronomical phenomena. When it does that it has PASSED scientific testing.
Cosmologists had another alternative called modified gravity. That one DIDN'T successfully predict the positions and motions of observable astronomical phenomena. Therefore it FAILED scientific testing.
Hence the Dark Matter theory works and is not the "pixie dust" you believe it to be. That's YOUR hypothesis - an invisible magic wizard made everything work with magic. That makes NO testable predictions on observable phenomena AT ALL.

By the way, I notice you didn't apologize for previously LYING YOUR AZZ OFF for Jesus from your introductory posts yesterday.
Dude, If you will check the recent comment by the director of FERME who, while commenting on their recent work on the Boson "God Paritcle" related that they (meaning the entire community of particle physis.) are dissapointed and frustrated in their efforts to find some sort of evidence for dark matter. In other words, the physisists of the highest order are empty handed and can only have faith to beleive dark matter exists.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark, you are an idiot.

And a liar.

And you make meaningless posts lacking the requisite links.

You can't remember your stories that you have picked up from creatard sites. So you retell them poorly.

On Dark Matter, yes it is observed. It is observed in several different ways. Why do you try to limit observation with what can be seen by the eye or touched by the hand. That is not the only way that objects can be observed.

The rest of your nonsense is so laughable I will not bother to debunk at this time.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not radiocarbon dating...sheesh! there are many types of dating, most rely on the universal conformity of the breakdown of atoms. perhaps you should research this topic so you don't sound so foolish in the future, and you might actually learn something in the process!
You are the one looking foolish by not providing the evidence. I know there are different types of dating. Now are you going to avoid answering the question as your usual response, and resort to ad homs? Why bother even asking you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly did not use carbon dating.
Fossils are generally not dated directly. They are usually dated by a combination of relative dating and dating and dating of volcanic events associated with particular strata.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, If you will check the recent comment by the director of FERME who, while commenting on their recent work on the Boson "God Paritcle" related that they (meaning the entire community of particle physis.) are dissapointed and frustrated in their efforts to find some sort of evidence for dark matter. In other words, the physisists of the highest order are empty handed and can only have faith to beleive dark matter exists.
did you mean Fermilab?

sheesh!

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, just hang on a sec while I go tell the entire biological community they've been outsmarted by some random internet geek! It'll be front page news by Monday!
Just FYI, I am not just some random individual on the net. lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and they found the 'god particle'...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the fact you have to ignore everything I said I maintain my stance that you're just another typical creationist liar for Jesus, consistent inline with the scientific theory of creationists.

If you understood how scientific theories work then what you require is to come up with a better theory than dark matter. It is POSSIBLE that dark matter theory is wrong. But the fact is it works.

Do you have an alternative that's capable of doing the same job but better?

Or are you still sticking to your alternative which is the complete and total anti-thesis of science while still pretending to claim that science you disagree with for theological reasons is unscientific?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossils are generally not dated directly. They are usually dated by a combination of relative dating and dating and dating of volcanic events associated with particular strata.
Yup. And anything 520 million years old is generally not indicated by carbon dating.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and they found the 'god particle'...
I bet you also don't have evidence for that claim, now do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,541 - 76,560 of111,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••