Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81110 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, If you will check the recent comment by the director of FERME who, while commenting on their recent work on the Boson "God Paritcle" related that they (meaning the entire community of particle physis.) are dissapointed and frustrated in their efforts to find some sort of evidence for dark matter. In other words, the physisists of the highest order are empty handed and can only have faith to beleive dark matter exists.
Considering the fact you have to ignore everything I said I maintain my stance that you're just another typical creationist liar for Jesus, consistent inline with the scientific theory of creationists.

If you understood how scientific theories work then what you require is to come up with a better theory than dark matter. It is POSSIBLE that dark matter theory is wrong. But the fact is it works.

Do you have an alternative that's capable of doing the same job but better?

Or are you still sticking to your alternative which is the complete and total anti-thesis of science while still pretending to claim that science you disagree with for theological reasons is unscientific?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81111 Mar 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossils are generally not dated directly. They are usually dated by a combination of relative dating and dating and dating of volcanic events associated with particular strata.
Yup. And anything 520 million years old is generally not indicated by carbon dating.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81112 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and they found the 'god particle'...
I bet you also don't have evidence for that claim, now do you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81113 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and they found the 'god particle'...
I think you're talking to someone who thinks that it has something to do with his religion.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Santorini Greece

#81114 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact my European ancestry also has something to do with Cro-magnon with neanderthal traits. lol
The stuff scientists love to piece together but no idea what this common ancestor really is.
They think, at this time, that the common ancestor to humans and Neanderthals was Homo-heidelbergensis.

Did you notice in the ads they promote here there is a company that will find out how much Neanderthal genes/blood you have??
ThenNowWhatwillB e

San Jose, CA

#81115 Mar 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
How can anybody over 6 believe the creation story in the Buy-bull is history? It has day and night before a sun, so we can dismiss the whole thing before the 6th verse. It also has plants growing before there is a sun.
Why don't fundies just say they believe in god, and god created us, but the obviously absurd stories in Genesis aren't history?
So because you don't have the capacity or desire to understand written word... it's the books fault, and "we" should dismiss it?
Got it!

Level 5

above and beyond

#81116 Mar 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. And anything 520 million years old is generally not indicated by carbon dating.
Yah and you don't have mathematical evidence.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81117 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Just FYI, I am not just some random individual on the net. lol
yes, in fact you are!

St. Croix valley

#81118 Mar 16, 2013
ThenNowWhatwillBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So because you don't have the capacity or desire to understand written word... it's the books fault, and "we" should dismiss it?
Got it!
No, you should dismiss it as it is full of proven lies. any rational person would.

cult deprogramming services are in the yellow pages...
Mark

United States

#81119 Mar 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? You believe in God.(shrug)
With all due respect you are completely ignorant of science as a whole, much less physics in particular.
<quoted text>
What reasonable answers? Bub, you're saying that because dark matter is unobservable then it's bogus therefore an invisible Jewish wizard didit with magic. You could not POSSIBLY say anything more hypocritical or stupid.
<quoted text>
And if you knew anything about geology at all you would know that your position is COMPLETELY at odds with scientific consensus.
<quoted text>
Considering that life has survived a minimum of 3 billion years your claim is frankly beyond ridiculous.
<quoted text>
You mean the guy who works for CMI, an organization which openly admits it lies for Jesus?
<quoted text>
How so? What scientific mechanism did God use?
<quoted text>
And to keep claiming that's what science claims is a fundie straw-man. Especially since much natural phenomena is NOT random. The thing that you can't personally get your head around is that the opposite of random is NOT "intelligence".
Math is pretty truthful. If you take 2 people and extend out the most conservative pop. growth model for 1 mill years you would have 10X26th power of inhabitants on the earth. The entire universe could not contain the bones of their ancestors. We have a difference in perspective for sure. One may beleive life has been here 3 bill years, but many other uniform chronometers based on logic and math don't. Ocean sediment accumulation on the sea floor and river delta's are another big one they don't publish or want folks to know about. I could go on but that is not the point, you have a belief system that is yours. My experiance is that evolutionists go to great efforts to be "accepted" and enjoy their "priest like" status. This is why they won't debate anymore, it can get very embarrassing in public to defend these matters when the other party knows their stuff.

St. Croix valley

#81120 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is pretty truthful. If you take 2 people and extend out the most conservative pop. growth model for 1 mill years you would have 10X26th power of inhabitants on the earth. The entire universe could not contain the bones of their ancestors. We have a difference in perspective for sure. One may beleive life has been here 3 bill years, but many other uniform chronometers based on logic and math don't. Ocean sediment accumulation on the sea floor and river delta's are another big one they don't publish or want folks to know about. I could go on but that is not the point, you have a belief system that is yours. My experiance is that evolutionists go to great efforts to be "accepted" and enjoy their "priest like" status. This is why they won't debate anymore, it can get very embarrassing in public to defend these matters when the other party knows their stuff.
No0one in their right mind thinks humans have been on Earth for 3 bnillion years! you don't have the foggiest idea of what your are talking about, do you?

let me go make some popcorn before you post more silly shit!...

St. Croix valley

#81121 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah and you don't have mathematical evidence.
yes, in fact he does as the half life of carbon 14 is 5,730 years.
Mark

United States

#81122 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how scientists determined the period when trilobites existed about 520 mya and when it went extinct with accuracy?
Yes and how they have been discovered still in soft tissue. On top of that they were able to dissect an eye and found it very complex, they (the trilobite) could even correct for underwater abbaration (shift defraction), what an accident!! Where are the transisional forms!
ThenNow WhatwillBe

San Jose, CA

#81123 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you should dismiss it as it is full of proven lies.
Show your proof, I'll wait.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
cult deprogramming services are in the yellow pages...
That's Great! I hope it works for you.

Level 9

Santorini Greece

#81124 Mar 16, 2013
d-pants7 wrote:
<quoted text> we are tired of retards who keep trying to prop up a 150 year old theory called darwinism when you have NO fossil evidence to prove your theory and genetics blow it out of the water. Ever look at the human gene map compared to any other organism on earth? Yeah, that's right, if it slams darwin just call it junk and ignore it. Here's another question. How come in natural evolution, animals adapt to survive in a changing enviroment, but human evolved so fast to such a level that we are destroying our surroundings? Isn't that called mutation?
Yeah...we are tired of creationists such as yourself (we don't believe your assertion that you are agnostic) coming on here and repeating very old crap they learned on creationists websites such as 'AiG or ICR and others. That stuff is so old it's probably been around before you were born.

Answer me this creatard: Why does EVERY scientific organization on EARTH support evolution??

Do you think they know and understand MUCH more than even you, with your 'super brain' could ever know about the subject???

Go learn some science before you attack the 'Fact of Evolution'

P.S. We KNOW humans evolved from the great apes line.

Level 5

above and beyond

#81125 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice in the ads they promote here there is a company that will find out how much Neanderthal genes/blood you have??
lol. really, um no thanks.

Level 9

Santorini Greece

#81126 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and how they have been discovered still in soft tissue. On top of that they were able to dissect an eye and found it very complex, they (the trilobite) could even correct for underwater abbaration (shift defraction), what an accident!! Where are the transisional forms!
Use your spell-check..:-)

Level 5

above and beyond

#81127 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It is easier for any individual to accept these claims than to actually debate against it with logic and real science facts. They have it much easier than we do. lol

St. Croix valley

#81128 Mar 16, 2013
ThenNow WhatwillBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Show your proof, I'll wait.
<quoted text>
That's Great! I hope it works for you.
Read back, it's been done and redone all over these pages.

i am not in a cult. you are.
ThenNow WhatwillBe

San Jose, CA

#81129 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> any rational person...
That's what I thought, no proof. Your opinion is yours. I'm done waiting. Nice try though!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) 10 min ChristineM 1,901
More Theories to Disprove Creation 39 min The Dude 60
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 52 min The Dude 71
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Chimney1 139,377
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 3 hr Aura Mytha 175,462
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Tue The Dude 996
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Mon tbrim21 13,575

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE