Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218825 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

ThenNow WhatwillBe

San Jose, CA

#81123 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you should dismiss it as it is full of proven lies.
Show your proof, I'll wait.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
cult deprogramming services are in the yellow pages...
That's Great! I hope it works for you.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81124 Mar 16, 2013
d-pants7 wrote:
<quoted text> we are tired of retards who keep trying to prop up a 150 year old theory called darwinism when you have NO fossil evidence to prove your theory and genetics blow it out of the water. Ever look at the human gene map compared to any other organism on earth? Yeah, that's right, if it slams darwin just call it junk and ignore it. Here's another question. How come in natural evolution, animals adapt to survive in a changing enviroment, but human evolved so fast to such a level that we are destroying our surroundings? Isn't that called mutation?
Yeah...we are tired of creationists such as yourself (we don't believe your assertion that you are agnostic) coming on here and repeating very old crap they learned on creationists websites such as 'AiG or ICR and others. That stuff is so old it's probably been around before you were born.

Answer me this creatard: Why does EVERY scientific organization on EARTH support evolution??

Do you think they know and understand MUCH more than even you, with your 'super brain' could ever know about the subject???

Go learn some science before you attack the 'Fact of Evolution'

P.S. We KNOW humans evolved from the great apes line.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81125 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice in the ads they promote here there is a company that will find out how much Neanderthal genes/blood you have??
lol. really, um no thanks.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81126 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and how they have been discovered still in soft tissue. On top of that they were able to dissect an eye and found it very complex, they (the trilobite) could even correct for underwater abbaration (shift defraction), what an accident!! Where are the transisional forms!
Use your spell-check..:-)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81127 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and how they have been discovered still in soft tissue. On top of that they were able to dissect an eye and found it very complex, they (the trilobite) could even correct for underwater abbaration (shift defraction), what an accident!! Where are the transisional forms!
Exactly. It is easier for any individual to accept these claims than to actually debate against it with logic and real science facts. They have it much easier than we do. lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81128 Mar 16, 2013
ThenNow WhatwillBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Show your proof, I'll wait.
<quoted text>
That's Great! I hope it works for you.
Read back, it's been done and redone all over these pages.

i am not in a cult. you are.
ThenNow WhatwillBe

San Jose, CA

#81129 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> any rational person...
That's what I thought, no proof. Your opinion is yours. I'm done waiting. Nice try though!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81130 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and how they have been discovered still in soft tissue. On top of that they were able to dissect an eye and found it very complex, they (the trilobite) could even correct for underwater abbaration (shift defraction), what an accident!! Where are the transisional forms!
they have soft tissue of a trilobyte? who has this?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81131 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It is easier for any individual to accept these claims than to actually debate against it with logic and real science facts. They have it much easier than we do. lol
it's easier to accept false claims? why? I mean, I know you do it all the time but why is it easier?
Mark

United States

#81132 Mar 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the fact you have to ignore everything I said I maintain my stance that you're just another typical creationist liar for Jesus, consistent inline with the scientific theory of creationists.
If you understood how scientific theories work then what you require is to come up with a better theory than dark matter. It is POSSIBLE that dark matter theory is wrong. But the fact is it works.
Do you have an alternative that's capable of doing the same job but better?
Or are you still sticking to your alternative which is the complete and total anti-thesis of science while still pretending to claim that science you disagree with for theological reasons is unscientific?
I would suppose you can call the scientists at the FERME lab and argue with them. I have had my hands on the rocks and fossils and feel perfectly secure. Besides both my college geo profs converted to ID and a catastrophic geo model rather than the model as taught in the text books. It was alot of things but paleomagnetic data (earths magnetic field proven to have shifts multiple times in magma fields in hours), 10ft dia redwoods fossilized at the south pole and fruit trees found frozen in siberia helped. One had 25 years on his PHD working on delta sediments and with a challenge or two from me admitted there is less than 7K worth of these sediments in the worlds major river deltas.

The massive fossil beds with layers of creatures in no order, some over a mie thick, the fact that most all are in turbidites (high speed underwater mud flows,come out and look at the Utah Natl Dino monument) and jumbled with clams and fish pushed them over. The Lewis range in Montana has the textbook geologic columb turned upside down. The evos attempted to explain this 50 mile range away but finally gave up and just pulled it from the text books, "to complicated for undergrads to understand" they said, just like the world-wide "Great Uncomformity". The Grand canyon is the same, its give up and go home for uniformists and fair game for creation/flood model folks. Sorry if these truths are upsetting to you but as we say "the rocks don't lie" and neither do i. M

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81133 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. really, um no thanks.
Yeah, this morning they were in the top banner ad, and the upper right corner ad.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81134 Mar 16, 2013
ThenNow WhatwillBe wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought, no proof. Your opinion is yours. I'm done waiting. Nice try though!
let's start with the creation myth. proven your god couldnt even tell that story right. page one first esentences...
next sentences. humans did not come from two genetically identical beings.

need any more?\

your cult lied ot you aover and over again...
Mark

United States

#81135 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No0one in their right mind thinks humans have been on Earth for 3 bnillion years! you don't have the foggiest idea of what your are talking about, do you?
let me go make some popcorn before you post more silly shit!...
The Dude was asserting that "life on earth" was around for 3 bill.n not me

M

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81136 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, this morning they were in the top banner ad, and the upper right corner ad.
I have clicked on some ads here but what's the point of knowing how much neanderthal genes you have? Did you find out yours? lol

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81137 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they have soft tissue of a trilobyte? who has this?
Wow. Now we're coming to an agreement by asking the same question. finally...

look up Phacops rana bug-like eyes or schizocroal eye. lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81138 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dude was asserting that "life on earth" was around for 3 bill.n not me
M
Not human life....the mini stroke is getting worse...serious dude, get it checked!
Mark

United States

#81139 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they have soft tissue of a trilobyte? who has this?
i will get it for you. www.icr.org may have access in their site, good luck. M

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81140 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is pretty truthful. If you take 2 people and extend out the most conservative pop. growth model for 1 mill years you would have 10X26th power of inhabitants on the earth. The entire universe could not contain the bones of their ancestors. We have a difference in perspective for sure. One may beleive life has been here 3 bill years, but many other uniform chronometers based on logic and math don't. Ocean sediment accumulation on the sea floor and river delta's are another big one they don't publish or want folks to know about. I could go on but that is not the point, you have a belief system that is yours. My experiance is that evolutionists go to great efforts to be "accepted" and enjoy their "priest like" status. This is why they won't debate anymore, it can get very embarrassing in public to defend these matters when the other party knows their stuff.
Mark the question (there's actually not one except to you) of human population has been figured out for many decades, and it doesn't involved the Bible or religion in any way at all.

Humans (Homo-sapiens) have only been on earth for around 200,000 years....not Billions of years. Our predecessors such as: Homo-neanderthalensis, Homo-heidelbergensis, Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis, etc, etc., have only been around for about 4 to 6 Million years...some less than that.

The reason the big name atheists don't debate the Creatards much anymore is they keep using the same old crap arguments.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81141 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suppose you can call the scientists at the FERME lab and argue with them. I have had my hands on the rocks and fossils and feel perfectly secure. Besides both my college geo profs converted to ID and a catastrophic geo model rather than the model as taught in the text books. It was alot of things but paleomagnetic data (earths magnetic field proven to have shifts multiple times in magma fields in hours), 10ft dia redwoods fossilized at the south pole and fruit trees found frozen in siberia helped. One had 25 years on his PHD working on delta sediments and with a challenge or two from me admitted there is less than 7K worth of these sediments in the worlds major river deltas.
The massive fossil beds with layers of creatures in no order, some over a mie thick, the fact that most all are in turbidites (high speed underwater mud flows,come out and look at the Utah Natl Dino monument) and jumbled with clams and fish pushed them over. The Lewis range in Montana has the textbook geologic columb turned upside down. The evos attempted to explain this 50 mile range away but finally gave up and just pulled it from the text books, "to complicated for undergrads to understand" they said, just like the world-wide "Great Uncomformity". The Grand canyon is the same, its give up and go home for uniformists and fair game for creation/flood model folks. Sorry if these truths are upsetting to you but as we say "the rocks don't lie" and neither do i. M
Wow! someone fed you a load of shit and you sucked it up like a hoover!

You do realize 99.99% of geologists do not agree with anything you stated? why do you think that is?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81142 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suppose you can call the scientists at the FERME lab and argue with them. I have had my hands on the rocks and fossils and feel perfectly secure. Besides both my college geo profs converted to ID and a catastrophic geo model rather than the model as taught in the text books. It was alot of things but paleomagnetic data (earths magnetic field proven to have shifts multiple times in magma fields in hours), 10ft dia redwoods fossilized at the south pole and fruit trees found frozen in siberia helped. One had 25 years on his PHD working on delta sediments and with a challenge or two from me admitted there is less than 7K worth of these sediments in the worlds major river deltas.
The massive fossil beds with layers of creatures in no order, some over a mie thick, the fact that most all are in turbidites (high speed underwater mud flows,come out and look at the Utah Natl Dino monument) and jumbled with clams and fish pushed them over. The Lewis range in Montana has the textbook geologic columb turned upside down. The evos attempted to explain this 50 mile range away but finally gave up and just pulled it from the text books, "to complicated for undergrads to understand" they said, just like the world-wide "Great Uncomformity". The Grand canyon is the same, its give up and go home for uniformists and fair game for creation/flood model folks. Sorry if these truths are upsetting to you but as we say "the rocks don't lie" and neither do i. M
So many errors in one post!

I have never heard of the FERME lab. Could you tell us where it is and what they do?

And please, you cannot find a real college where geology professors supposedly converted to creatardism. That is another obvious lie.

I can guarantee you that no "10 foot redwoods" have been found at the south pole. Perhaps on the coasts of Antarctica, but no one has dug down through the huge layer of ice at the South Pole to look at the fossils there.

Turbidites are relatively rare and they are not well known for their fossils.

Just about every claim in your post is another lie.

Please post links to support your stories. Otherwise I will merely point out that you are lying.

Claims presented without evidence can be denied without evidence.

In other words, without evidence you lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min The Northener 52,191
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 21 min IB DaMann 492
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 28 min Aura Mytha 1,203
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 49 min scientia potentia... 24,885
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 55 min scientia potentia... 157,753
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Jan 19 scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... Jan 19 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web