Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
75,541 - 75,560 of 114,555 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going to pick on a typo to prove that you understand English? Why don't you state a real argument on the subject instead of spell-checking? It makes zero sense because you do not understand it.
Not what I said, and that wasn't a typo, that was the wrong word used in the wrong way, and it was included in a post where you stated that I didn't understand "basic English," thus making you a hypocrite.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what I said, and that wasn't a typo, that was the wrong word used in the wrong way, and it was included in a post where you stated that I didn't understand "basic English," thus making you a hypocrite.
Now you can't discuss the real issue. It was a typo. I know that it should've been THERE as in a pronoun. comprende?
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If the chihuahua is 40 pounds, it's not a chihuahua. Chihuahuas are a particular species of canine bred to be small, through a method of genetic manipulation called selective breeding. When they say that a species is incompatible, they are not talking about "the thingy doesn't fit," the genes themselves cannot produce viable offspring through natural reproduction, that's what it means. Please learn some actual science, or at least learn what science is, before you continue making a total fool of yourself.
Sigh... First, the only thing that genetically separates the common breed Chihuahua and it's ancestor of 40 lbs is the size requirements placed on it by breeding clubs. Outside of that, they are exactly the same dogs. As for the incompatibility, it's not about the the thingy doesn't fit," although the mechanics of it might be interesting to watch for a laugh or two, it is about the carrying the little to birth. There is nothing genetically stopping them from interbreeding outside of the physical abilities of a Chihuahua or pups to survive the process to birth which is only in place because of artificial conditions placed on them by humans. Now, to illustrate how silly this claim of natural process is, a mexican woman who was born barren and unable to have children and a white male who was born sterile suffering the same, would not be considered separate species because they lack the ability to naturally reproduce. Likewise, lab rats manipulates genetically and cannot reproduce with normal rats are not considered another species.

As for learning science, I probably know more about science then you think you do. I certainly can tell from your other posts that you haven't set the bar too high. Perhaps that is why you attempt to ad hominen attack people with little effect. Now, if you could brush up on your reading comprehension a bit and reread my comments before replying, lots of aggravation for both of us can be avoided.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>lol.. If you were half as clued in as you pretend to be, I wouldn't have to cite my posts. You might still not agree with it but you certainly wouldn't call it idiotic.
You use sites that exist for the sole purpose of confirmation bias else you would know what I was talking about. Those sites are created by Atheists with the intent of doing the very unscientific thing of discrediting Creation and creationist. You are a tool for a fools end and need to sit in the corner with the creationists. Put your dunce cap on and sit there quietly until you can come back informed and something intelligent to add.
No, wrong.

The creation fantasy was debunked long before Darwin came around. The sites I use, and articles as well, are simply based upon science.

Your silly belief in creation is about the same as the belief that the Sun goes around the Earth, or that the Earth is flat for that matter. The Bible says that the Earth is flat many more times than it refers to Adam and Eve. Yet creationists tend not to believe that the Earth is flat or in a geocentric universe.

Can anyone explain that?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
let me know when you're ready for discussion
i have always been ready for a discussion.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can't discuss the real issue. It was a typo. I know that it should've been THERE as in a pronoun. comprende?
Then perhaps you should reread what I posted, the one you originally made the error in your response, and then address what I posted there, but since you want to continue this ... you need to learn basic English.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
no .. it's not theological .. it's science / reason and logic ... you should do well .. if you play nice
I play nice if my opponent plays nice. Please note when I brought up the word creatard, which was not aimed at you at the time, that I have not used that aptly descriptive term for you.

Sadly we do have many creatards here. When people who don't understand the simple concept of scientific evidence and refuse to learn then they earn that title.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets see…..
Just recently RNA and DNA chemical precursors were found in space, awhile back DNA was found on a meteor in Australia. We already know that there’s oxygen and water all over space.
Sounds to me like all we need now is a planet. The telescopes and other instruments we have in space have already found over 2700 planets revolving around other suns relatively close to our earth, just think how many there must be in the whole universe. 250,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy alone, 250,000,000,000 more galaxies out there. I think life is almost everywhere….some of it may even be sentient.
Well, lets just says it's what we think RNA and DNA chemical precursors would be if our estimates on the origin of life are correct. However, yeah, I'm all for the search. It is an exciting time to be in. I'm just dismayed that we don't have the tech to actually visit any of those areas in my lifetime.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
DARWIN = the atheist messiah
EVOLUTION = the atheist religion
HEDONISM = the atheist life style
GOVERNMENT = the atheist church (pending)
just because they say it's not a religion does not mean it's not a religion .. the religion of no-religion .. the first church of no-belief ... until atheists can prove their religious belief .. it will stay a belief ... much much much faith required ... I find some atheists more militant evangelical than most religious folks
You are going downhill badly.

1. Darwin's theory has nothing to do whether there is a god or not.

I am sure that you are a Christian. Why do you think that it is okay for you to lie about the believers in evolution.

2. Hedonism and atheism are two totally separate ideas. You can be a hedonist if you are a Christian or an atheist. Again to imply a connection between atheism and hedonism to to perpetuate a lie.

3. Government is supposed to be "atheistic" in the U.S. in the sense that laws are not to be based upon religion. It is not supposed to be "atheistic" in the not believing in god sense. Just as physics is "atheistic" when it describes the gravity or the laws of thermodynamics. God does not belong in science unless there is evidence of god.

Lastly atheism is not a belief properly speaking.

It is a lack of belief.

Is not playing football a sport?

In the same sense atheism is not a religion. When it comes to beliefs the burden of proof is upon the person making the positive claim. In that sense I can defend a belief in the theory of evolution since there are literally mountains of evidence that support the theory. Most creationists do not even know what evidence is so they need to be educated in that matter first.

So when it comes to your belief in god if you want to use that as a claim you need to submit evidence for the existence of got first. We do not need to disprove the existence of god.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>Sigh... First, the only thing that genetically separates the common breed Chihuahua and it's ancestor of 40 lbs is the size requirements placed on it by breeding clubs. Outside of that, they are exactly the same dogs. As for the incompatibility, it's not about the the thingy doesn't fit," although the mechanics of it might be interesting to watch for a laugh or two, it is about the carrying the little to birth. There is nothing genetically stopping them from interbreeding outside of the physical abilities of a Chihuahua or pups to survive the process to birth which is only in place because of artificial conditions placed on them by humans. Now, to illustrate how silly this claim of natural process is, a mexican woman who was born barren and unable to have children and a white male who was born sterile suffering the same, would not be considered separate species because they lack the ability to naturally reproduce. Likewise, lab rats manipulates genetically and cannot reproduce with normal rats are not considered another species.
As for learning science, I probably know more about science then you think you do. I certainly can tell from your other posts that you haven't set the bar too high. Perhaps that is why you attempt to ad hominen attack people with little effect. Now, if you could brush up on your reading comprehension a bit and reread my comments before replying, lots of aggravation for both of us can be avoided.
You say you know about science, but you demonstrate you know little to nothing about genetics.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
atheist religious doctrine 102 = Because we believe there is no God .. Human life is therefore not sacred and can be exterminated given the proper circumstance / rationalization and will ..
40+ years of legalized abortion ??.. and some might wonder why we have a generation of youth that would take what you have and kill you without a second thought
Oh come on now.

For a Christian you have not read your Bible too much. There is very little respect for life in the Christian Bible. If anything the respect for life is a very recent development in the Christian church.

You have shown that you have no idea what atheism is about and now it seems that you don't understand the history of your own religion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
not so fast skippy ... http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Sorry, for something this basic, a first claim or any claim of evidence a YouTube video will not do.

Show us the peer reviewed article where evidence for ID is shown.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>They are not genetically incomparable. That's the point of calling it a red hearing. Dogs are claimed to be a ring species and it is often cited the problems of a great dane mating with a Chihuahuas. The problem is, this is entirely possible, the breed of chuiuaua gets up to 40lbs but what we commonly see is the toy varieties that weight less then 9lbs and often less then 2 lbs because of fashion (9lbs was a limit placed by one of the major shows for showing the dogs). Chihuahuas were originally bread to hunt deer by the Aztecs. Almost every other ring species out there has these artificial limits as their reasonings.
The word was "incompatible" not "incomparable" moron. That means that they cannot breed with each other. Your dog example is incredibly bad since they can still breed. They are not ring species yet, whereas natural ring species have no "artificial" limits upon them.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you should reread what I posted, the one you originally made the error in your response, and then address what I posted there, but since you want to continue this ... you need to learn basic English.
You did not answer my question at all. Do you want me to explain it further? Just cut the crap already and admit you don't know much about DNA either.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer my question at all. Do you want me to explain it further? Just cut the crap already and admit you don't know much about DNA either.
In the cell, genetic strands are unraveled and react with chemicals the cell absorbs, as it is run through the track, it reacts with these chemicals, acting as a pattern for the order in which the chemicals react and produce other chemicals are a result. These chemicals are proteins, which are then expelled by the cell to react with the DNA of other cells, or transporting chemicals and compounds to other cells, such as blood and hormones. These compounds, transported to the cells, react with the DNA in those cells as well, producing different chemicals, and the cycle continues.

So yeah, I know little about genetics and DNA.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In the cell, genetic strands are unraveled and react with chemicals the cell absorbs, as it is run through the track, it reacts with these chemicals, acting as a pattern for the order in which the chemicals react and produce other chemicals are a result. These chemicals are proteins, which are then expelled by the cell to react with the DNA of other cells, or transporting chemicals and compounds to other cells, such as blood and hormones. These compounds, transported to the cells, react with the DNA in those cells as well, producing different chemicals, and the cycle continues.
So yeah, I know little about genetics and DNA.
My question was about mutation and DNA repair system. more red herring from you.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you know about science, but you demonstrate you know little to nothing about genetics.
lol.. and all you know is talk. I have seen nothing intelligent come from you, all you do is claim someone else doesn't know something as if you are an authority on it yet provide no insight into anything.

You are a tool and a fool. Pretend all you want, I'm calling BS on you.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was about mutation and DNA repair system. more red herring from you.
No, not a red herring, I just provided evidence that your assertion of me knowing little about DNA was inaccurate and invalid. I posted my response to your mutation notion already, you still haven't responded to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••