Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80088 Mar 9, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, let's try this again.
Evolution ha never been observed and demonstrated.
We do not have to even go back to the origin of life. We simply have to go back 90 years or prior to your life. The fact that you are confused, is not evidence for life evolving from rats to humans. The evolution against evolution or specifically speciation is, the evidence against speciation happening.
In evolution terms, a car is evolved from a bike, a house is evolved from a tent, a bed is evolved from a snapsack, and airplanes evolved from cars. All of which is retarded.
That's because your examples are retarded. None of them you mention are self-replicating biological organisms.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80090 Mar 9, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad that you feel that way. However, it is not the case with many who do use Science to further their Atheism. In fact, all you have to do is read other posts in this thread to see it in action.
I guess if you don't want to be called a thug, tell the thugs to get away from you or go where they are not. But as long as you are around them saying the same or similar things, you will be viewed as one of them even if it is a mistake.
I don't care.(shrug)

Couldn't care about atheism either.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80091 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
atheist ( April ) fools day .. coming up soon .. a national holiday ?? I think it should be
I think for this years atheist fools day joke .. I'm going to attend my favorite band / concert .. when it's over .. I'm going to climb up on the stage and thank the instruments and amplifiers for making such great sound .. Ha !! won't that be funny ???.. Ha !!! LOL LOL .... oh, ya killn me
Just checking, but is this your idea of civil discussion?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80092 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
“This is a very effective way to present both the theory of intelligent design and the weaknesses of Darwinian evolution in a classroom or any other educational setting.”
A six-part educational series exploring the theory of intelligent design
Where Does the Evidence Lead was created for classroom, group, and individual study. It is based upon the content of Unlocking the Mystery of Life and examines both Darwinian evolution and the scientific case for intelligent design. Six modules (eight to fourteen minutes in duration) each present a specific facet of the debate over the theories of materialistic evolution and design ...
What is the "scientific theory" of IDC?

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#80093 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Unfortunately they have no evidence for ID
not so fast skippy ... http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80094 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
THIS IS GREAT .. Origin of Life Video | New Scientific Evidence for Existence of God | 7 Great Lies of Organized Religion
Random Mutation Generator | If You Can Read This, I Can Prove God Exists | Atheist's Riddle vs. Atheists | Blog .. continue
First, Perry is a crank.

Second, he's not a biologist. I think he has some math creds.

Third, his random mutation generator doesn't take natural selection into account.

Fourth, anti-evolution arguments do not constitute positive evidence of (a) God.

Fifth, he admits to the appearance of "order" via natural processes (such as fractals in plants) which contradicts his claims that order indicates intelligence.

Sixth, God is not scientific period.

Seventh, he's a theistic evolutionist who accepts common ancestry.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80095 Mar 9, 2013
all humor has an element of truth . . . deal w/ it
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80096 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
atheist religious doctrine 101 = We have convinced ourselves that God does not exist .. therefore .. man is the highest authority and the center of the universe .. in other words: each atheist is like a little god unto himself .. determining for himself the definitions of right and wrong ... totally subjective
Whereas Creationists presume God, the Almighty Creator of the universe's intentions line up with their own. In short, they boss God around.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80097 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Just checking, but is this your idea of civil discussion?
all humor has an element of truth ... deal w/ it
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80098 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
atheist religious doctrine 102 = Because we believe there is no God .. Human life is therefore not sacred and can be exterminated given the proper circumstance / rationalization and will ..
Creationist religious doctrine 102 = Because we believe there is a God .. Human life is therefore not sacred and can be exterminated given the proper circumstance / rationalization and will. Unless they agree with us about God.
His-truth wrote:
40+ years of legalized abortion ??.. and some might wonder why we have a generation of youth that would take what you have and kill you without a second thought
Would you rescue 10 zygotes in test tubes from a fire or one baby?

I notice you have now discarded civilised discussion in favour of ad-homs against atheists. Presumably your previous high horse has galloped away into the sunset.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80099 Mar 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>My "lack of belief"?
If by that you mean my reluctance to accept your hallucinations as my own, okay.
Point of fact: the fossil record provides a clear and demonstrated line of descent from the earliest life-forms to the most recent.
The geological column provides an accurate time frame for the same.
There is absolutely NO reason to inject a deity into the process.
Oh how duped you are little boy. The fossil record is far from complete and does have problems (mainly along the lines of the species problem). But those problems are not the only issues with it like the anagenesis verses cladogenesis which still have not been resolved in the interpretations of the fossil records.

As for injecting a diety into the process, I don't believe I have done that. I have stated that it is possible that our entire understanding could have been created, I have stated that science doesn't do religion because religion is not scientifically testable. Any statements about a deity will not be scientific.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80100 Mar 9, 2013
well .. it's been fun .. see yall later .. Saturday evening .. time to go watch a movie [Red Dawn].. otta be good ... http://www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp... .. later
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80101 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again! A maternity ward is proof of existing life producing life. You damn right I claim natural chemical processes without existing life, can produce life. If you claim that you are a seriously brainwashed puddle goo fundie awash in denial. Or just a liar, either one fits.
Life IS chemistry. You are in effect a walking talking bag of chemicals. Stop that chemistry and it's goodbye Tennessee.

And none of those fit because you're unable to demonstrate either.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80102 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what's the "scientific theory" of IDC?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80103 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
all humor has an element of truth ... deal w/ it
Oh, I was dealing with it. By pointing out your hypocrisy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80104 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>Oh how duped you are little boy. The fossil record is far from complete and does have problems (mainly along the lines of the species problem). But those problems are not the only issues with it like the anagenesis verses cladogenesis which still have not been resolved in the interpretations of the fossil records.
And labelling problems aside what is clear is evolutionary progression. Which is in turn backed up by genetics:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80105 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are genetically incompatible then they're different species.
They are not genetically incomparable. That's the point of calling it a red hearing. Dogs are claimed to be a ring species and it is often cited the problems of a great dane mating with a Chihuahuas. The problem is, this is entirely possible, the breed of chuiuaua gets up to 40lbs but what we commonly see is the toy varieties that weight less then 9lbs and often less then 2 lbs because of fashion (9lbs was a limit placed by one of the major shows for showing the dogs). Chihuahuas were originally bread to hunt deer by the Aztecs. Almost every other ring species out there has these artificial limits as their reasonings.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about those who are still genetically close enough to breed.
Which ones are you talking about? All instances of speciation I am aware of are capable of this. Even the new species of orchids, when left to their own device returned to the previous species within couple generations but even they were not genetically incapable of pollinating other orchids.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is irrelevant since there is still observable change, which is what evolution predicts.
IT most certainly is not irrelevant because change is not all evolution predicts. It predicts new species from that change and here we have observed the same species which would be misidentified as separate species had we not known of them in reality.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go take it up with the hard core atheists.(shrug)
I intend to. thanks for the words of encouragement... lol

I didn't mean to sound as if that was your problem somehow. Just that the two are not completely inseparable as science is in some cases replacing the religion for the Atheist.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80106 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You need to learn basic English. Re-read my post. I did not say the DNA repair system actually cause many mutations. You would not say this if you truly understand the concept of DNA repair system. Do you have the math to back up the claim of successful mutations in a species that can be overcome by the DNA repair system? Their I re-worded it for you.
No, you need to reread, I stated that the "repair system" causes many of the mutations, I did not say you did.

Now, trying to ignore your obvious contradiction in telling someone else to "learn basic English" and then using the incorrect "there/their/they're " ... which just makes me think you are too disconnected from reality to even bother explaining, your question not makes zero sense.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80107 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not evidence, that is called a blind assertion, or more scientifically known as anthropomorphizing. Why do you people not get the difference between an assertion and evidence? it's like trying to ask a color blind person what color something is.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80108 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>They are not genetically incomparable. That's the point of calling it a red hearing. Dogs are claimed to be a ring species and it is often cited the problems of a great dane mating with a Chihuahuas. The problem is, this is entirely possible, the breed of chuiuaua gets up to 40lbs but what we commonly see is the toy varieties that weight less then 9lbs and often less then 2 lbs because of fashion (9lbs was a limit placed by one of the major shows for showing the dogs). Chihuahuas were originally bread to hunt deer by the Aztecs. Almost every other ring species out there has these artificial limits as their reasonings.
<quoted text>Which ones are you talking about? All instances of speciation I am aware of are capable of this. Even the new species of orchids, when left to their own device returned to the previous species within couple generations but even they were not genetically incapable of pollinating other orchids.
<quoted text>IT most certainly is not irrelevant because change is not all evolution predicts. It predicts new species from that change and here we have observed the same species which would be misidentified as separate species had we not known of them in reality.
<quoted text>I intend to. thanks for the words of encouragement... lol
I didn't mean to sound as if that was your problem somehow. Just that the two are not completely inseparable as science is in some cases replacing the religion for the Atheist.
If the chihuahua is 40 pounds, it's not a chihuahua. Chihuahuas are a particular species of canine bred to be small, through a method of genetic manipulation called selective breeding. When they say that a species is incompatible, they are not talking about "the thingy doesn't fit," the genes themselves cannot produce viable offspring through natural reproduction, that's what it means. Please learn some actual science, or at least learn what science is, before you continue making a total fool of yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 10 min Dogen 139,507
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 1 hr Chimney1 13,577
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 9 hr DanFromSmithville 175,466
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) 15 hr MikeF 1,902
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 18 hr Dogen 77
More Theories to Disprove Creation 21 hr The Dude 64
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Tue The Dude 996

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE