Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223366 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

adif understanding

Little Hocking, OH

#80206 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is the first time I have run across that particular post. I have used others in the past. I have said, there are quite a few people who have noticed that particular flaw in the Bible.
And once again, it seems you have lied. Where did he make anything up?
By the way, you did not even respond to the article that showed you were full of shit when you said the ancient Hebrews did not have a word for "sphere". That had to be the most idiotic claim I have seen all month. You were a winner with that one!
That's because I didn't see the link you posted. It's ok, it is my fault not yours. You see, I do not pay much attention to what you say. Anyways, the word for ball does not mean sphere, it is &#1491;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1468;&#1512; duwr which means ball or circle.

Did you bother researching the link you posted? It's starting off incorrectly with the premise that chuwg does not get defined as a sphere in any of the lexicons. In fact, it's an explained usage in the Strong's Exhausted concordance with the bible which has been around and in use for over a century.

I mean why go any further then the first obvious flaw. Well, it's because right after that, there is another, the definition of the word used for ball is circle or ball, not sphere. So two words that do not translate directly to sphere are used, the first one has a listed meaning in the lexicon for sphere even though the author of the site claims to not know about it then goes on to claim another word has a meaning which it does not.

You are basing your bullsht off of bullsht. Face it looser, you have nothing at all.

Now go google some more and see what else you do not understand you can prop up like a retard.
adif understanding

Little Hocking, OH

#80207 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. All evidence supports evolution. No scientific evidence supports creation.
Science, not evolution, has this neat process called "peer review". If somebody wants to submit an article to a serious journal it will be reviewed by experts in the field that will try to find any flaws they can in an article. If they find flaws it is sent back with the flaws pointed out. If the article is good enough it can be resubmitted with corrections. If it is garbage the author will be told there are too many errors to correct.
There are practically no peer reviewed creationist articles. That is not because of prejudice. Prejudice could easily be exposed. It is because creationism is bad science.
Who said anything about evolution? I can spank you in that too I bet. Actually, you would loose that bet because you are already comparing evolution to creation which you simply cannot do in the realm of legitimate science.

This is not even getting into the fact that evolution and science in its entirety could be a byproduct of creation making it only valid because of creation. You should look up the term create and creation.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80208 Mar 10, 2013
LOL, I will take the word of actually scholars of the Hebrew language over a biased concordance that you did not even link.

Creatards are notorious liars and without links it is safe to assume that they are either lying or wrong.

Please note, I provided a link that supported my side.

You made the incredibly stupid claim that ancient Hebrews did not have a word for sphere. I showed you were wrong. The word used in the Bible COULD be used to mean a sphere, just like round can mean a sphere too. In that case we have to look at the context the word was used in. Guess what, the context is that of a flat Earth, not of a spherical Earth. You still lose.

One more time, let me emphasize this point: The context of the verses I quoted was that of a flat Earth not a spherical one.

So let's looks at the facts, they never use the word for sphere, which they did have back then. The context is always that of a Flat Earth. And yet you claim that it describes a spherical Earth. You are making the error of using discoveries made after the fact and are trying to force them into the Bible.

Don't worry, the Bible has many other flaws besides the fact that it describes the Earth as flat.

And remember, just because somebody points out the numerous flaws in the Bible that does not make that person an atheist.
d-pants

United States

#80209 Mar 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat after me:
"I don't know" does not equate to "goddidit".
There.
That didn't hurt at all, now, didit.
no it equals "you don't know" and humans do "know" is not the end all.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80210 Mar 10, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about evolution? I can spank you in that too I bet. Actually, you would loose that bet because you are already comparing evolution to creation which you simply cannot do in the realm of legitimate science.
This is not even getting into the fact that evolution and science in its entirety could be a byproduct of creation making it only valid because of creation. You should look up the term create and creation.
There are almost as many different definitions of creation as there are sects of Christianity. The title of this thread is Evolution vs. Creation. That assumes that you either believe on or the other.

And I doubt if you could spank your grandmother, dead or alive. So far you have been wrong on every post of your and are afraid to face even a simple challenge.

So what do you believe and why?

Do you believe common descent? What is the evidence that supports your beliefs? Do you even know what evidence is? Most creatinists don't understand evidence.
d-pants

United States

#80211 Mar 10, 2013
Sorry what we know is not the ennd all. Gotit?

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#80212 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't believe everything that I read in history. My point is that retards like adif will try to claim that the Bible is perfect or some other such nonsense. He still believes the fairy tales in the Bible and probably misses the important parts of it.
My point is that if you are going to take certain idiotic parts of the Bible literally then you are a hypocrite if you don't take other idiotic parts of the Bible literally. I am not calling the whole Bible idiotic, only certain parts of it.
For example it is idiotic to believe that goats seeing striped sticks when they mate can make goats have striped kids. It is idiotic to believe that doves blood can cure leprosy. It is idiotic to believe that a flood covered the Earth with five miles of water and left no sign that it ever happened. It is idiotic to believe that a fish could swallow someone and that this person would not dye for three days, even if it was a whale and not a fish. It is idiotic to believe that a snake can talk. I could go on, but I think you get my gist.
It's Jesus' blood that cures leprosy, not Doves, don't come up with you're little lies of what the Bible says, even the goat part is way off target.

It is proven there was a flood as well as if it didn't happen, this earth would be about 75% full of evil people maybe even more.

you are basically saying the Christian religion is idiotic, but why can't we say the same about atheism.
FREE SERVANT
#80213 Mar 10, 2013
The heavens and the earth were not finished until God saw everything was good. In the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens they could have been fully formed and on the second day he could have began his work to see that it was good. On each of the six days God may have looked carefully and examined what had already been created in that first day. On the sixth day God did then say man was to be made and he then created them and after he saw every thing that he had made was very good his work was finished with the creation of the heavens and the earth.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80214 Mar 10, 2013
Yet, Free Servant, the heavens are still creating. Why is that?

Again the bible ALMOST gets the story of its mythicl god correct....

St. Croix valley

#80215 Mar 10, 2013
Well, Carchar King, where is this proof of the great flood? You would be the first human to ever have a shred of evidence for it. Please share.

yesm you can make fun of atheism all you want. It would be bettter if you had some actual points to make fun with.
FREE SERVANT
#80216 Mar 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Yet, Free Servant, the heavens are still creating. Why is that?
Again the bible ALMOST gets the story of its mythicl god correct....
In what way are the heavens still forming?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80217 Mar 10, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Jesus' blood that cures leprosy, not Doves, don't come up with you're little lies of what the Bible says, even the goat part is way off target.
It is proven there was a flood as well as if it didn't happen, this earth would be about 75% full of evil people maybe even more.
you are basically saying the Christian religion is idiotic, but why can't we say the same about atheism.
Nope, the idiotic verse that a doves blood cures leprosy is from the Old Testament. It had nothing to do with Jesus. Check out Leviticus 14 49-53.

St. Croix valley

#80218 Mar 10, 2013
Still making stars and planets out there, Free Servant...

And as Michael Palin said, "the universe keeps on expaaanding and expaaaanding..."

St. Croix valley

#80219 Mar 10, 2013
Amazing isn't it, Subduction Zone, how little the people who profess to have faith know of their own bible?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80220 Mar 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In what way are the heavens still forming?
The universe is still expanding.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#80221 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the idiotic verse that a doves blood cures leprosy is from the Old Testament. It had nothing to do with Jesus. Check out Leviticus 14 49-53.
"49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:

51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:

52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:

53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean."

I wonder, what would happen if the house were "sprinkled" eight times? Or six?

Sheesh.
FREE SERVANT
#80222 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is still expanding.
Is it moving away from earth as its center?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#80223 Mar 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In what way are the heavens still forming?
One of the more famous pix. It's the Eagle Nebula.

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/nebula/pr...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80224 Mar 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Is it moving away from earth as its center?
No.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#80225 Mar 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Is it moving away from earth as its center?
No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your religion? (Sep '17) 4 min was auch immer 1,142
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 54 min Critical Eye 93,314
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Aunty Christ 167,854
The Design of Time is Prophecy and is absolute ... 4 hr Aunty Christ 6
How can people believe the Buy-bull? 12 hr Rose_NoHo 1
Did we evolved from Canadians? 12 hr Mystical science 1
Tennepithecus Americanus 14 hr Mystical science 1